[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this always so fucking good? I understand that the combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

File: FFXV_key-art_TGS2014-noscale.jpg (641KB, 2538x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV_key-art_TGS2014-noscale.jpg
641KB, 2538x1080px
Was this always so fucking good?

I understand that the combat is a little bit lackluster, but just finished this again and fuck. I'm no longer gonna be able to listen to Stand By Me without physically resisting the urge to cry.

Fuck me. This is like art.
>>
>>385401841
Didn't make me cry, but I did feel something. Can't wait for the usual shit posting to start though.
>>
>>385401841
Yep. Playing it again with the knowledge you have of what's to come honestly makes the weight of it hit harder.
>>
No, it is fucking bad
>>
Meh. It's okay, but some of the technical and basic design issues are inexcusable, especially when they made no effort to fix them.
>>
>>385403263
>NeithOF is already here
>>
>>385403350
You mean like not being able to drive off road, which you now can? Or performance issues which have been ironed out with the recent stable mode? If anything they've made constant effort to improve the game on both design and technical aspects.
>>
It's garbage. Only delusional weebs and FF fans don't see it, mainly because they have shit tastes
>>
>>385401841
Among the many other issues, I wish the world exploration wasn't ass. It's like they were going for the opposite of the todd "See that mountain?" ideology and made the world as choppy and unnavigatable as possible.
>>
>>385401841
How are you doing today, Barry?
>>
>>385403501
>NeithOF reset his IP already.
>>
File: 1484813552384.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484813552384.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
i had a wonderful time with this
wish the open world was bigger cus im craving more of this it's like fucking candy to me
>>
File: drivin.webm (2MB, 800x374px) Image search: [Google]
drivin.webm
2MB, 800x374px
>>385403514
world navigation has already been largely improved since launch
>>
>>385403416
No, I don't mean those things at all, because obviously they've addressed those. I mean shit like the unbelievably long time it takes to load the maps despite them not being particularly interactive, or the fact that hunts are still one at a time and have that retardedly slow plod through the menus, or the fact that npc/party collisions and animation in general mostly get in your way for the sake of 'realism' when the novelty wears off almost immediately. I never particularly wanted to go offroad with the car, but I did occasionally entertain the idea of exploring the parts of the world that weren't just a glorified skybox with invisible walls barring entry.
>>
>>385403546
I didn't make this thread NeithOF, my first post in this thread was this >>385403181
But how many times are you going to reset your IP to try and shitpost against it?
>>
>>385403574
>muh boogeyman

Typical weeb retard
>>
>>385403574
>>385403354
Hi ffxv-kun
>>
>>385403687
>>385403693
>NeithOF on damage control and phoneposting again while samefagging.
>>
File: 1352054055894.jpg (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1352054055894.jpg
170KB, 500x500px
I wish XV-kun would just STOP
STOP

XV was horrible. The combat is horrible. It's not just a case of "the game is good but the combat sucks", it's a case of "the combat actually RUINS anything the game has to offer."

The fight with Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure 1 was a glitchy fucking mess and then Noctis goes Super Saiyan and glitches even more.

It's all distracting and awful. I had a miserable time playing XV and finished it about 30 levels lower than I should have been because the COMBAT IS BROKEN AND NOT FUN
>>
>>385401841
best game from last year

more of an indictment on last year,
really.
>>
File: 1497328891082.gif (2MB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1497328891082.gif
2MB, 275x275px
>>385403664
>I mean shit like the unbelievably long time it takes to load the maps
I think that since the world is essentially entirely seamless once a load happens that a single long load can be forgiven. Like if you run from one side of Leide, through and back out of every dungeon, outpost and settlement while taking part in any battle along the way on your way to Cleigne there isn't a single loading screen.

While I agree on your point about only being able to take one hunt. But the party all react if you swing in their direction or bump into them, but it's generally not getting in the way during battles and in some cases could work out in your favor, like shooting gladio here and the coeurl misses him
>>
>>385403763
>NeithOF reset his IP again and regurgitates his usual shitpost
>>
>>385401841
yeah I had to resist the tears after I realised I got scammed
>>
>>385404021
Plenty of worlds are seamless if you don't do any teleporting, and it's fine in this game too, but if you do actually need to switch regions it's a huge pain in the ass. This was less of an issue when Monolith Soft did it because apparently they worked out they were making a game on a toaster and limited the amount of processing required to get you to somewhere that wasn't already loaded. On the PS4 it really rubbed me the wrong way that loading times were so much longer even if you were only teleporting 20 feet. It felt like poor optimization.
>>
>>385403684
You have a different boogeyman every week don't you?
>>
ffxv is bad

do me next
>>
>>385404129
Now THIS is autism
>>
>>385404048
>>385404129
Shut the fuck up, Barry. We're trying to have a thread here. I swear, you're worse than a god damn child.
>>
>>385404239
It takes longer to load because it's loading in far more graphical detail and higher quality assets than your examploe did.
>>
>>385404129
>it's another "XV-kun has another paranoid meltdown and thinks everyone on /v/ is some guy from GameFAQs that called him a faggot" episode
These are usually pretty good.
>>
>open world
>moving around is a chore

should've called the Just Cause guys and give the boyband wingsuits
>>
>>385404279
>>385404360
>>385404383
Says the autist.

>>385404391
I see people trying to have a thread and one fuckup trying to shitup the thread with his shitposts against the game.
>>
>>385404480
>It's another Neith OF backpedals after getting called out episode.
>>
>>385404479
No shit. It's also a vastly more powerful machine, so it had fucking better be loading far more graphical detail and higher quality assets. That's no excuse for having much longer loading times.
>>
Didn't enjoy it on release but I've heard its been patched in to a much better game.

Didn't realise the patches were so ridiculously huge though. Turned it off when I wanted 20GB+, not too bothered about never playing it again.
>>
>>385404524
Yes, it's the people talking about the game that are shitting about the thread, not the braindead autistic child that keeps squealing about NeithOF.
>>
File: monster truck madness XV.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
monster truck madness XV.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>385404513
Moving around is fun though, and was never a chore before.
>>
File: sadsd.png (2KB, 178x81px) Image search: [Google]
sadsd.png
2KB, 178x81px
>>385404383
Sad!
>>
>>385404643
Well, large patches are to be expected when they are still adding content to their incomplete game that they sold for full price.
>>
>>385404587
That is an excuse for having longer loading times though. Your example is using PS2 quality assets and running at 720p, while XV is loading 8th gen standard quality assets and running at 1080p and higher. This isn't some 1:1 kind of situation where you can say "but game X took 10 seconds to load and looks like shit because it's on weak hardware but game Y took 1 minute to load despite having much better graphics but on stronger machine, why can't game Y be like game X?".
>>
>>385404649
Only you are here shitting up the thread with your shitposts NeithOF.
>>
File: neith.png (11KB, 339x166px) Image search: [Google]
neith.png
11KB, 339x166px
>he's been calling random people NeithOF for over a year
Barry, I think you have schizophrenia or something, my dude. You are far beyond autism.
>>
>>385404754
Of course it's a 1:1 situation you fucking idiot. This isn't about the graphical detail, it's about how they programmed the game. The only requirement is that the game be designed in such a way that it doesn't force its platform to show you a loading screen for 30+ seconds. There are games that did that 20 years ago, and it wasn't acceptable then either.
>>
>>385404876
>NeithOF triggered he's getting exposed not only on /v/ but on twitter too
Sad!
>>
>>385404913
>Of course it's a 1:1 situation
No it isn't because the things they are doing aren't even comparable, like the amount of things XV is doing that is so fucking far more technically advanced compared to your example is part of what leads to longer loads, it's not just about loading in map stuff, it's loading in AI data for all your party members for every single thing they do, in addition to the weapons and movesets you have on you which you pop out on the fly, that stuff needs to be kept in vram which when you have a lot more of that then it means longer loads.
>>
>>385405064
oh please
>>
>>385404971
>>385404876

Oh and in that screencap you posted, that "fezz" guy said on /v/ he was neithof and that he posted on my twitter, I then looked at my twitter to see some dude going by "fezz" posting on my twitter hence why I asked him if he was NeithOF since he said he was.
>>
>>385401841
>It's FFXV-kun pretend to be some joe to shill his game again
Step up your game, man.
>>
>>385405189
See >>385403684
>>
>>385405251
Fuck off already, NeithOF.
>>
>>385403763
i actually enjoyed the combat. better than any of the turn based shit from the other ff games, which everyone basically had to tolerate because the story was compelling.
>>
File: Vivicastsstop.jpg (37KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
Vivicastsstop.jpg
37KB, 353x439px
I'm not sure who, but somebody on this thread either needs mental help or is really desperate for attention good lord.

Anywho how're the updates?
>>
>>385405435
Fuckin HOW my man.
I felt like I was missing something the whole time. Like I didn't "get" how DEEP the combat was.
I even did the tutorial multiple times just to be sure.
>>
I played it once at launch, it fucking blew ass and that's that. I'm sorry but the fucking game was announced like 10 years ago, if they couldn't make it in time for the fucking release date then I'm not giving them a second chance.
>>
>>385405565
it wasnt that deep. it was just fun and felt satisfying.
>>
>thread dies as soon as XV-kun stops posting in his own thread
Really makes you think.
>>
It's pretty fucking depressing to see /v/ being super/v/ over this game. Every opinion is "it's complete shit" or "it's literally jesus". Like fuck, have some actual critical thought rather than just being a contradictory faggot fuck.
>>
Stop making threads, XV-kun.
>>
>>385407578
It's a massive disappointment but still fairly enjoyable for the most part. But then again, I got it used and not at full price.
>>
I wish they would remove smart steering except for when ignis is the driver. I am okay without going off road with the normal regalia but smart driving is horrible
>>
>>385407708
I got it for free, I really enjoyed it but there were a few things that irked me, such as the visual detail in the leviathan fight and some of the sound design related to things like cars.
One thing I believe people get wrong is shitting on the game that went through development hell for not being 10 years worth of development. At best, the game itself was made in just over a couple of years, and everything you saw before in trailers and e3 were all concept, none of the gameplay was really real.
>>
Friendly reminder that NeithOF pm'ed XV-kun on gamefaqs talking about the failure that is FFXV and now we have to deal with XV-kun's rage here on /v/
>>
>>385401841
It wasn't.
It's definitely far from art and especially for the older fans of the franchise FFXV is a disappointment.
The worst part is that if it wasn't rushed it could have been really good.
>>
>>385404689
>Moving around is fun though, and was never a chore before.
No, it's always been a chore and off-road driving doesn't improve it. Also, it came too late.

Hey XV-kun.
>>
>>385407578
/v/ pretty much unanimously agreed that it was a severely flawed but enjoyable game when it first came out. These godawful XV-kun threads made it pretty much impossible to have any actual conversation about it since then though.
>>
>>385404021
All those noodles must have made Gladio's skin bulletproof...
>>
>>385405064
You've made your opinion irrelevant when you implied display resolution has an effect on loading data into memory.
>>
Bazztek, what compels you to defend a product to such a degree? Are you so much a corporate drone that you need to defend this game all day? You're a materialstic bitch with no sense of higher thought who's only goal is to defend a corporate product to which you have no attachment. Can't you think for yourself and get that some people don't like it? Why do you care if they do?
>>
>>385405439
driving offroad is pretty fun because you can ram into enemies and jump up stuff with the car, though they laugh like ever 3 seconds if it gets annoying just press R3 to put up the roof
>>
>>385405435
This, the combat is vastly better than the turn based FFs.
>>
>>385406912
More like you fucked off and the shitposting stopped.
>>
>>385407642
Stop resetting your IP and pretending you aren't NeithOF, NeithOF. Also again for the 3rd time I've told you see>>385403684
>>
>>385407841
NeithOF PMd me trying to talk shit and then he got blown the fuck out and didn't even respond because of how fucking wrecked he got.
>>
>>385404746
Yeah I wonder why they didn't just delay it in February, it would have essentially run unopposed and would have been a far better experience imo. I really didn't enjoy it on my first playthrough, every thing felt like a chore, particularly the exploration
>>
File: ff1ffxv.jpg (2MB, 1500x2330px) Image search: [Google]
ff1ffxv.jpg
2MB, 1500x2330px
>>385407908
For us older fans FFXV was a return to form.
>>
>>385407931
It's never been a chore and offroad driving makes getting around faster than it ever was before, and it didn't come late at all, it's not even 1 year since the game has been out, and I don't know why you act like you can only ever play a game at launch and then never again. Stop resetting your IP pretending you are different people already.
>>
>>385408079
>XV-kun threads
You mean NeithOF threads. Since he is the one who started this XV-kun bullshit and always starts shitposting in XV threads.
>>
>>385409718
>Since he is the one who started this XV-kun bullshit

Actually that was me, like 2 years ago.
>>
>>385408570
I see you are incapable of reading what is being said and also can't comprehend how rendering at a higher resolution means the game is more taxing on the system which affects performance, compared to a game with low poly models and low res which gets smooth performance just because of that. Learn how games work.
>>
>>385409026
NeithOF, what compels you to samefag endlessly to such a degree because you're triggered over a product? Are you a complete drone that you need to shill your shitposts all day every day? You're a braindead chimp with no ability of critical thought or even an original thought and your entire goal is just to shitpost against a game for the sole fucking reason that the director switched from one to another and one girl got changed into a different girl. WHat's even more sad is the fact that you created not one, not two but EIGHT fucking threads in a row within 2 hours just to shitpost against FFXV a few days ago, and then you had the fucking gall to deny that was you. Can't you think for yourself that people defend the game because they like it? Why are you so triggered when you're bullshit "criticimss" get called the fuck out for being flimsy with shitty reasoning? Why must everyone agree to your line of bullshit?
>>
>>385409627
Seems they weren't allowed to delay it outside of 2016 which is why the Nov 29 date was the furthest they could push it.
>>
>>385409792
NeithOF is the one who posted the whole "XV-kun is bazztek!" shit last year when I called him out for being a Nomura drone on gamefaqs, he's been shitting up FFXV threads here even more so ever since and got even more defensive over getting called out so frequently.
>>
>>385410005
Shame, could have been a much better game on release
>>
>>385410074
I dunno about all that, but I'm not that guy and have been baiting you every time I'm online, so whatever
>>
>>385410171
>i'm shitposting on purpose!
>>
>>385410267
>Shitposting
>Blowing you the fuck out every thread and making you legit work yourself in to white ragr
Yeah sure
>>
Is Bazzy a Clinton supporter?
>>
>>385410380
The amount of denial he's in, he must be.
>>
So I finally got around to playing FF XV. I made it precisely 2 minutes into the tutorial before not only turning the game off but putting my PS4 back in the closet.

No. Just no. I refuse to play a game which could EASILY have made evasion/blocking require some manner of timing but chose not to. More than any review could possibly point out, this shows that they have absolutely no idea on how games are supposed to be played.
>>
>>385410537
Turn the prompts off if you want a broken game
>>
>imagine having this much shit taste
>>
>>385410324
>He says while he gets BTFO every thread.
>>
>>385410380
There is literally nothing wrong with supporting Hillary Clinton
>>
>>385410380
Why would I be? I'm not even murrican.
>>
>>385401841
It was okay.

It did have some moments and yes "Stand by me" while your photo gallery was playing was one of those.

Shame that most of the game was sub-par (especially the combat) and so disappointing that I have refused to touch the DLCs
>>
>>385410724
You have no opinion of international politics, given the high stakes? Wow.
>>
>>385410537
>>No. Just no. I refuse to play a game which could EASILY have made evasion/blocking require some manner of timing but chose not to.
They do, maybe if you actually play the game you would learn this. But hey you have literally no clue what the fuck you are talking about while also ignoring that the tutorial doesn't even cover the entirity of the games mechanics, only shows one side of things
>>
>>385410659
Imagine being as cancerous as you.
>>
>>385410869
>maybe if you actually play the game

but he did
>>
Have they made the foliage transparent when the camera gets behind it yet? I'm not picking it up again unless this happens.
>>
>>385410892
No he didn't play the game in earnest, he did the fucking tutorial for 2 minutes then said he shut it off, thus he didn't play the game.
>>
>>385401841
S'good game all things considered. Could've been better but it was still good. The reason for a lot of the fuckery is time travel. Not that the average pleb or even some of the higher ones could figure that on their own. I recommend looking into it. Lot of things just aren't told to you. Not strange for a Final Fantasy game though.
>>
>>385410869
This video does nothing to convince me I'm wrong, and if anything reinforces my point.
>>
>>385411030
>Lot of things just aren't told to you

but they aren't so blatant about it. Big example, Ravus' betraying the empire. You only found out about it from notes scattered across his dead body, I am aware they did patch in a cutscene depicting this but it was months after release but that is long after most people beat the game and refused to touch it again

Also, no other FF had a CGI movie and an anime released at the same time as the game
>>
>>385411090
No it literally proves you wrong because it's showing a block that is functioning based on strict manual timing to deflect that attack that way which you can see was done at the very last possible second. But again you have no clue what the fuck you are even talking about.
>>
As shit as it was, the only part I liked was the initial bro-ad trip
>>
>>385411182
You could still at least somewhat suspect that Ravus turned on the empire because of the radio reports and NPCs talking about Ravus being executed for treason/being blamed for the destruction in Altissia during chapter 10/12. In fact the two flashback scenes that show that Ravus was trying to save Luna the entire time happen before chapter 13.
>>
>>385411254
And if he had been holding down circle, he would've evaded it.

Is this like the one enemy in the game you don't auto-evade and that's supposed to be indicative for the entire game?
>>
File: 1501063556874.png (502KB, 1192x953px) Image search: [Google]
1501063556874.png
502KB, 1192x953px
>>385403763
>>
>>385401841

The ending is kino, yes. The rest feels like an unfinished game.

I still liked it
>>
>>385411292
>talking about Ravus being executed for treason/being blamed for the destruction in Altissia during chapter 10/12.

I thought that was some other guy.

and speaking of shit happening off screen. The emperor turning into Golum and getting obsessed about the ring.
>>
>>385411313
>And if he had been holding down circle
There is no "circle" being held down in that clip or the other clip at all you fucking idiot, that is literally a manual last second timed block from tapping the button.

Again you did a tutorial that shows a barebones version of a system, not the whole fucking thing you dipshit. You are the fuck trying to act like a tutorial is somehow indicative of an entire game despite it only showing you how to warp, phase/ cover and do basic attack, it doens't include any of the other weapon types you get in the game nor any of the royal arms, nor any of the ascension abilities, not to mention that that is a fucking tutorial, not the whole game.
>>
>>385411384
>>
>>385411384
>>385411781
Post got cutoff, yeah while Iedolas got shafted pretty hard it was at least mentioned in advance that people in niflheim were turning into daemons so it wasn't unexpected for me when I saw that foras and it was actually iedolas.
>>
>>385411767
>There is no "circle" being held down in that clip or the other clip at all you fucking idiot, that is literally a manual last second timed block from tapping the button.

You're clearly avoiding the point I made, which leads me to believe that I'm correct in assuming that IF he had been holding down circle, he would've evaded it instead. Like the tutorial showed.

In a game about positioning you'd think that maybe evasion should not come from holding down a button.
>>
>>385411948
>he would've evaded it instead.
No, if held down circle then you wouldn't have knockback and stagger the enemy like you see here >>385411767 and here >>385410869 leaving them vulnerable, and you can't avoid every attack with phasing either, while from manual shield blocks you can block any attack based on timing. The tutorial shows again barebones fucking system that the game expands on as you progress. Are you fucking braindead?

>evasion should not come from holding down a button.
First of all you have a dodge roll, you also get blink which gives attack cancelling through dodge roll which you can't fucking do if you just try holding down defend the entire time, so not only do you get attack cancels through dodge rolls by unlocking blink which is manual, you also get to stagger and knocback enemies with manual shield blocks which are on timing, and neither dodge rolls or shield blocks consume MP while phasing does, and you can still get hit when phasing. Phasing is the weakest method of evasion and not useful when you have shields and dodge rolls/blink.
>>
>>385411948
one problem, it's hold Square to dodge. Holding circle is attacking
>>
>>385412129
So is the game Hard? I see there's no Hard mode option from a new game, unlike kingdom hearts.
>>
>>385412201
>So is the game Hard?

nope
>>
>>385401841
>"Ignis likes his world to be crystal-clear."
;-;
>>
>>385409645
XV-kun your delusional mirror for larks won't trick anyone.
>>
>>385412387
What if you play naked and drop all your party members?
>>
>>385412480
>What if you play naked and drop all your party members?

you can't drop the party members but you can play only using basic weapons and no accessories
>>
>>385412201
No it's not hard, I'm just explaining it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. They havn't implemented a hard mode into the game yet but they are gonna add one according to the survey.

To further show my point earlier here is a gameplay clip I recorded, I make use of both shields for manual timing block, and a phase.

As you can see 5 seconds in I start phasing yet Gladio still hits Noctis despite Noctis being in the "phase" state, then I did a recovery and weapon switching to shield and just as soon as Prompto was about to hit I did a manual timed shield block which blocked the blast, and another manual timed shield block on Ignis after I did the warpstrike and shield bash on Gladio.

>>385412462
>n-no everyone stop looking at all those things from old FF deeply ingrained into FFXVs foundation.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.