[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ToS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg (102KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg
102KB, 256x360px
Why do people like this overrated mess of a game?
>>
>>385400016
One of the few jrpgs on the cube, so it built a cult following from that, which then got huge when the series got more popular
>>
>>385400016
Still mad about Zelos?
>>
>>385400016
>combat system was decent
>could multiplayer
>story was interesting for kids, like most anime
>sheenas boobs
>lots of side quests
>one side quest where you save the world from another threat
probably shit now but it provided me with a lot of fun
>>
Did the Steam version ever get improved?
>>
>>385400016
This always baffled me. In general the Tales of series is frowned upon as "weebshit" but Symphonia somehow gets put on a pedestal as one of the most beloved RPGs of all time.
>>
Why do you think it's an overrated mess of a game anon?
>>
>>385402504
>Symphonia
You mean Vesperia right?
>>
>>385402618
>cliched characters that make Persona social links look like real people by comparison
>combat system tries to mix 2d and 3d unsuccessfully
>ai is dumb and you have to assign it exactly what you want it to do in each situation
>skits aren't voiced and are usually pointless
>>
>>385402726
People outside of the fanbase actually care about Symphonia, because Symphonia is the only one that is on relevant systems in relevant languages.
>>
>>385403250
>the only one
It should be obvious, but I only meant this as between it and Vesperia.
>>
>>385403124
>cliched characters that make Persona social links look like real people by comparison
I agree but i still like them
>combat system tries to mix 2d and 3d unsuccessfully
Yeah they should have sticked to 2D
>ai is dumb and you have to assign it exactly what you want it to do in each situation
Yup. Sheena got pretty shafted.
>skits aren't voiced and are usually pointless
They give you more information about the characters

I'll also add
>there is no reason to play anyone other than Lloyd

I agree with your points but i still liked the game.
>>
>>385402504
the fuck, there was a shitty translation of phantasia and then there was symphonia, where did this weebshit bullshit come from
>>
>>385403318
>no reason to play anyone other than Lloyd
Sheena was great only when someone was playing her.
Those summons were pretty good.
>>
>gamecube
there's your problem, there's not a single game on the system that doesn't get more praise than it deserves
>>
For the people I know who liked it:
it came out when we were in elementary school/middle school.
It was an RPG we could play together. Cool combo abilities.
Characters had small amounts of development not completely related to the plot. Making them feel "real"
The characters could be related to in some ways. My group of friends all picked who they related with the best when we played.
The plot felt simple enough to follow but was complex enough for the twists to work when I was younger.

The game did a lot of little things just right to be really impressive to kids. Then the good impression stuck with those kids when they grew up and they never bothered to play it again.

I'm playing it again right now and I can easily see how its just some dumb schlocky anime game that isn't really that complex. The twists are common tropes, everyone basically fits into the anime role, and the combat isn't really hard. But it worked for a younger audience
>>
>>385403318
>not playing based zelos
>>
>>385400016

Regal Motherfucking Bryant.
>>
Cause it's fun
>>
>>385400016
Multiplayer.
Playing a RPG with 3 other friends was great.
>>
>>385404241
I prefer Kratos, I never liked Zelos character type.
>>
>>385403510
Baten Kaitos.
>>
>>385400016
It's actually pretty decent for a Tales game.
>>
File: 41123112111322.png (395KB, 719x771px) Image search: [Google]
41123112111322.png
395KB, 719x771px
>>385400016
>overrated

there's that contrarian word again
>>
>>385402364
There was a patch that fixed some things, there's a community made patch that fixes everything. TSfix I think it's called, with that it's 100% fine.
>>
>>385404241
why should I play as a shit character and a traitor who only cares for himself
>>
>>385408449
>baten kaitos
Why do the adults not sleep in double beds? Thanks for reminding me I still need to beat that game after I gone through the trouble of undubbing it.
>>
>>385411228
>zelos is a traitor meme

zelos played all sides until he decides to not only stick with Lloyd, but also gave him the very thing he needed to save the world to prove his loyalty.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.