[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splitscreen on Switch display

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: switchmariokart.jpg (52KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
switchmariokart.jpg
52KB, 770x433px
Does anyone of you guys actually use the Switch to play local mulitplayer games on it's screen?
Is it fun or is it too small?
My friend is a poorfag who doesn't want to pay taxes for a screen in is flat.
I wondered if it would be worth buying one so I can play something else beside board games with my friends.
>>
>>385399781
>My friend is a poorfag who doesn't want to pay taxes for a screen in is flat.
Buy a monitor with audio output instead of a TV if the "TV tax" is what you want to avoid. After all, the Switch does do HDMI.
>>
>>385399781
>Living in britbong without a TV license
STOP, CRIMINIAL
>>
>>385399781
>pay taxes for a screen in is flat
What kind of police state are you living, where you have to pay taxes depending on screen size?
>>
>>385399781

>My friend is a poorfag who doesn't want to pay taxes for a screen in is flat.

what the fuck? and burger land is bad
>>
birtpoors and europoors not welcome
>>
>>385399781
>pay taxes for a screen
Like the purchase tax? Wouldn't a monitor have tax as well?
>>
>>385399781
I've played 4 player split screen with friends before
The screen is definitely very small which would result in you sometimes not being able to see much, such as a banana up the road, and would require those playing to huddle around the screen. However, its still playable and very enjoyable to play with friends.
>>
>>385399781
I played Mario Kart with 3 other friends on a Switch screen as a joke because it was a fucking disaster and it was so unplayable we all just fucked around and laughed the whole time. Then we stuck it back onto the TV because our eyes hurt
>>
>>385399781
It's way too small. 6" just isn't enough for 2 people to both sit comfortably in front of and get a good view of the screen. It works great as a handheld, but this is because you typically hold a handheld a couple feet from your face. Any further than that and you can't make out the finer details
>>
Surely you can just have a TV and not use the RF port. TV licensing can't do shit if you choose not to watch live TV on your TV.
>>
>>385399781
I've only mildly fucked around with it and it's not great. The screen is vivid and great---especially for 720p native resolution---but it's two small for anything serious. Plus, without the power bump from docking, Mario Kart 8 deluxe runs sub 60 FPS even in two player. Let alone the slide show that 4 player tabletop mode is.

It's a neat little system but don't fool yourself, multiplayer will be a screen affair for best results.
>>
I haven't tried split screen, but games that have both players using the same view are fine.
>>
I've mostly played fighting games / 2 player splitscreen at most, but what I've played has been great times if your group of friends are willing to take turns..
>>
Split-screen isn't very good on it. The screen is just too small.
Single-screen multiplayer games work pretty well though.
>>
I've actualy tried splitscreen, even Mario Kart with 4 people was fine, the screen is small but crisp
>>
>>385399781
This is the stupiest shit ever. For the price of a Switch you can buy a 50" TV and a TV licence. You'll get a lot more enjoyment and semblance of normality from just being able to watch fucking TV. Sort your fucking life out. And THEN get a switch.
>>
>>385399781
Both the controllers and screen are so small they make it bigger in advertisment. It's a joke. Stick to the TV for coop play.
>>
It's way too fucking small. Even worse when you play with four people.
>>
How long untill larger screen Switch? 2019?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.