[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I literally the only one who played this game? Between the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: Uru.png (155KB, 256x307px) Image search: [Google]
Uru.png
155KB, 256x307px
Am I literally the only one who played this game?

Between the puzzles and the exploration, to this day it's the only game that has ever done "walking simulator" right.
>>
>>385391193
pls respond.
I want company in this game.
>>
Sorry OP, you are the only one who has ever played that game
>>
i found myst to be overly cryptic. what's better about uru?
>>
>>385391551
It... finally happened.
>>
>>385391551
It's good, though.

It's not an A->B exploration game.

You literally wander around aimlessly, and learn more about everything as you do.

If you're ever stuck on a puzzle, there's a dozen different ones you can try before "moving on".

I think /v/ should get back into it.
>>
>>385391193
This was my favorite game as a kid, I think you can still play online, but I have to imagine it is dead.
>>
>>385391638
1. Multiplayer general area.
2. If you're stuck on a certain world, you can just fuck off and try the other half dozen.
3. You're rewarded for just running around and exploring. Even the main hub is massive, and will reward you for running around.
4. There are a ridiculous number of hidden secrets. Nobody has even found them all.
5. There are multiplayer challenges that I haven't completed.

I downloaded the game years ago. I found a lot of stuff. I lost my account, got nostalgic, and downloaded it again under a new account.

The "maps" are beautiful, and there literally doesn't exist a better "exploration" game, despite its age.

The only problem is that it's MYST, so some of the puzzles are brutally complicated. I'm not using a guide, but guides exist.
>>
>>385391193
Wait, it's still running?
>>
>>385392006
Also
>lore

>>385392023
Surprisingly, yes. I was just playing for the last two hours, with all my lights shut off and face pressed against the screen.

The hub was dead beside one other person, but I think we should all find a time to meet up. Like, 11 PM EST.

Two problems I ran into installing it:
You have to download some extra install files. If it says "can't find X" (MVCsomething.dll)check the forums for "X".
You also have to run the EXE as "administrator".

Those were the two problems I ran into, and made it work.
>>
>>385392335
Shit son, I'd be happy to be there around 10 P.M. Central tomorrow night.
>>
My bad, a link might help.

http://mystonline.com/en/play/
>>
>>385392442

I can do 10.

I've been playing since about 9 CST.

I don't remember shit, so it took me about an hour to get through the tutorial, because I thought that all the journeys were in the crevice.

It's a fucking awesome game though, and back when all I had was a netbook, I used all my memory to have UruLive on there.
>>
>>385392620
>You need a phone to sign up
What.
>>
>>385392867
That's a new thing. It was never that way when I played years ago, which is also why I couldn't recover my old account.

I think it's because they're a very small company, and can't afford to host an infinite number of accounts.

I used my number, and literally the only thing they sent me was a one-time access code. I think there was also something about using a Facebook account, but I don't use Facebook.
>>
File: 1486697197828.jpg (49KB, 510x587px) Image search: [Google]
1486697197828.jpg
49KB, 510x587px
>>385391193
>>
>>385391193
I never played it, because it was really creepy for me
>>
>>385393210

Some of the worlds are straightforward.

Some of the worlds are literally like that, and I have yet to solve them.

Luckily, you've got about 10 worlds going on at any one time, so if you get stuck on one, you can just fuck off to another.

It might be my favorite aspect to the game. The original Myst had you do basically most things in order, so if you got stuck on one part, the internet didn't exist, so you were fucked.
>>
>>385393352
Creepy? It's the goddamn comfiest game I've ever played. What could possibly be creepy about it? besides the zoo, whose animals only appear at certain times, which I have yet to see
>>
>>385393451
For me it was a bit too comfy
>>
Bleakest game I've ever played
>>
>>385392764
>I can do 10
If you're in Eastern, that's 11 P.M., fool.
And yeah, see you there. Downloading now.
>>
>>385393556
I would sit in this level waiting for the thunderstorm with headphones. Then reload the level.
>>
>>385393556
The other players made it comfy. Maybe I just logged on too late in a weekday, but the city was eerily empty.

I loved those far too serious d'nai roleplaying faggots, and whatever the greeting was.

It's been so long, and there's so few people, I can't even remember!

But the game is fucking great, which is why I'm shitposting about it on /v/. I didn't even visit /v/ when I first started playing. It's a massive, interesting world that rewards you for exploration, with many diverse areas.

"walking simulator" yes, with platforming and puzzle solving, but it's so good I came back to it after half a decade.

This is coming from someone who rarely plays games. Shit's good. It's good because it's unique. Nothing else is like it.
>>
>>385393891
I can't even remember what the autistic greeting was, in their d'nai speak. But everyone would do it. And it was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>385393995
Shorah
>>
>>385394027
Shorah

was that the only one?
>>
File: JUST_BLOW_MY_SHIT_UP.jpg (84KB, 482x592px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_BLOW_MY_SHIT_UP.jpg
84KB, 482x592px
>>385391193
>>
>>385394121
People might have said something else but shorah is basically D'ni for "hello."
>>
>>385394027
>>385394121

>shorah is by far the most well-known of the D'ni words. Even Cyanists occasionally use it when addressing the community. As has been stated it literally means "peace" but it's used as both a greeting and a farewell.
Alternatively you can also add b'shem to the end of the word in order to address someone in a more formal manner. shorah means peace, b' is like saying "to" and shem is referring to a specific individual. shorah b'shem therefore translates to "peace to you". You can then take that a bit farther when addressing a group rather than an individual by adding the suffix "tee" to the end. That makes any D'ni word plural. "shorah b'shemtee" is "peace to you all".
It's important to note that when typing in D'ni punctuation always comes at the beginning of the sentence rather than the end and there are no caps in any D'ni words.

Everyone be sure to brush up on your autism in the next 24 hours.
>>
>>385394251
>punctuation at the beginning
So a full statement would actually be ".shorah b'shemtee" yes?
>>
>>385394507

Dude.

Don't look at me.

Last time I logged on, I responded with "Peace and Prosper".

I have two of the MYST books, but these people take roleplaying to the next level.

Which is fucking awesome, and what I remembered many years ago.

I want to bring that type of autism back, because that autism is the best autism.
>>
>>385394687
Noted. I suppose I shall have to learn like an infant from his mother.
>>
>>385394687

Anyway, we're decided on 11 EST tomorrow, or 10 CST for everyone else.

You'll have to go through a tutorial to actually get into the main hub, to prove that you're not a complete faggot, who is capable of solving basic puzzles. Half of the shit is in the wasteland, as a tip, so don't spend all your time in the gap.

So if you're retarded, start early. And if you're stuck, talk to the fat fuck near the trailor.
>>
>>385391715
you just described the witness
>>
>>385395018
I don't know what that is, so shut up.
>>
>>385391193
Why does nobody else know about this game?
>>
>>385391715
>>385395076
The Witness is a puzzle game by the guy who made Braid.
>Walk around solving puzzles
>There's fucking tons of them to do if you ever get stuck on one (until the ending sequences of course)
It's also pretty crap for most people if you're in a puzzle game for the atmosphere/plot/whatever in addition to the puzzles. This is pretty visuals that get old fast with no music, pretentious shit quoted from "philosophers" and scientists strewn about "secretly" and a billion permutations of "draw a line from point a to point b."
>>
>>385391193

/v/ STOP LISTENING TO FUCKING TODD HOWARD AND CHECK OUR WHOEVER THE FUCK MADE THIS GAME
>>
>>385395497
Then it sounds like the atmosphere from Uru is 500% better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7PSKoWlauU
>>
I'm not a shill, but I consider this a unique game, with multiplayer elements, combined with a unique story in conjunction with a well established world.

It's been... what, 5 years or so since I played it, and I'm not sure what has changed since then, but the sheet act of exploration is worth pursuing.

I really want a /v/ hangout, though.
>>
>>385396010
>I'm not a shill
Honestly, OP sounds like more of one that you, Anon. Not to bash him, he's just overly enthusiastic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just using current /v/ impressions as a view-point.
I do love when we come together to do shit. More-so when it's a game I can enjoy. For example, I dislike the threads about that SS13 on a submarine game because I don't like the game, but I love me some Myst even if I suck at them.
>>
>>385391193
I played Uru back when it came out, idk if I still have my copy. You aren't alone OP.
>>
>>385396228

There's no P2W bullshit.

I'm just nostalgic about the game.

It's 100% free.
>>
>>385397292
I agree, Anon. It's just speculation.
>>
>>385396228
/v/ is at it's best when everybody gets together to enjoy something.
Take Tribes, the FE romhack playthroughs, or the Anonymous Agony streams, for instance.
>>
>>385396341

I had to download it again.

It's been worth it, even though I lost my account.
>>
>>385396228
SPESSMEN was also kino.
And certainly, Uru has a highly specific audience.
But I've literally never seen it discussed here, and I've never 100%ed the thing.
>>
>>385397431
If you want an easy recent example, take a look at the vermin threads.
>Anons all coming together to watch MS Paint and more advanced creatures duke it out in fictional cockfights
>The absolute madman that VFC Host is decided to completely redraw and provide idle animations for the 8 finalists of the last tournament because of how many people came together to enjoy it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnev-U3lIRM
I have never been quite so hyped as I was last weekend to watch a cat fight a marker.
>>
>>385397652
Yeah, those were wonderful.
They didn't get exiled to /vg/, did they? It'd be a damn shame if that happened.
Does anyone else remember the beautiful trainwreck of a dumpster fire that was Ace Attorney Online? I miss those threads.
>>
>>385397652
I'm not complaining, but it's totally separate from the idea of running around the ruins of an ancient civilization together, uncovering it's crazy mysteries.
>>
>>385397835
Nope. Just a bit of turbulence until someone pinged that specific Jannie/Mod on the IRC and told him how much of a retard he was being.
>>385397873
I know, OP. We're discussing Anons on /v/ coming together, not Myst specifically.
>>
>>385397975
I know. ._.
I just wanted to make D'ni less dead.
It was very lonely tonight, considering how busy it was the last time I was on years ago. ._.

I'll make another thread when I wake up about how to download it, and troubleshooting.

The two main things seem to be downloading the .dll files, and running it in administrator mode.
>>
>>385398147
It's also a week-day. Friday will be better IMO. And see you then, but don't make it too early.
>>
>>385398147
Good luck, anon. I can appreciate anyone trying to put a bit of the fun back into /v/.
>>
>>385391193
>walking simulator
lolno
>>
>>385398560
>Not knowing about Myst

You have to be 18 to post here
>>
File: d'nilanguage.jpg (712KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
d'nilanguage.jpg
712KB, 2000x1600px
>Myst Online thread

aw ye
>>
>>385398773
>not knowing that Myst isn't a walking simulator
you couldn't even 'walk' in the original
>>
>>385391432
It's a really good and sadly, highly under-appreciated game.
I log in occasionally every few months for no reason.
I like it. WIsh there were more palyers
>>
>>385391193
*notices thread*
URU what's Myst?
>>
the witness is like myst but good
>>
>>385394946
I'll try to be there.
>>
File: 1482689952165.jpg (24KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
1482689952165.jpg
24KB, 267x274px
>>385401868
URU?
>>
Yeah, I loved it. The Great Cavern was amazing to explore.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.