[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you own any video game vinyls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: shinboi3vinyl.jpg (912KB, 2048x2037px) Image search: [Google]
shinboi3vinyl.jpg
912KB, 2048x2037px
do you own any video game vinyls?
>>
>>385387430
Reminder that there is literally no reason to still own vinyls and that any argument speaking for vinyls/analogue over digital recording has it roots in a poor understanding of modern tech.

Use them as frisbees or mold them into some student-tier house deco with the help of a hairdryer. Can also be used as placemats. If you have enough of em you can make some artsy curtains. Really there are so many uses for vinyls other than to store music on.
>>
sorry but vinyl's way too mainstream

my collection's all on eight track
>>
>>385388936
>2 posters
>>
>>385390506
Kek. Kill yourself OP. Fucking dumb bitch lmao
>>
>>385387924
but they're more real man, the sound is really there
>>
>>385387924
If people like them they should keep using them!
>>
>>385390784
Yes, just not for music.
>>
>>385390596
>store sound in a non energy absorbing bottle
>sell it as one time listens of greatest hits
>market it as "really there sounds"
>>
>>385387430
Always loved that picture. Why was the US art so shit?
>>
>>385391458
To reflect the sociopolitical state of the US.
>>
>>385387924
Are you gonna tell me I can't buy physical games too now? Let's say I don't need to trade in games.
>>
File: lostodysseyjapvsamerican.jpg (782KB, 2077x1478px) Image search: [Google]
lostodysseyjapvsamerican.jpg
782KB, 2077x1478px
>>385391458
japanese law states that the japanese cover has to be better than the american version
>>
>>385391724
>what is Samurai Western
>>
>>385391724
fucking love lost odyssey
>>
>>385391861
Samurai Western is an action-adventure video game, released for the PlayStation 2 in 2005. The player assumes the role of a samurai named Gojiro Kiryu, who travels to the Wild West in search of his brother, Rando. Samurai Western does away with the adventure elements present in the main Way of the Samurai games, and instead is focused entirely on action. The game is divided into stages, with the goal of each being to defeat the dozens of enemies that appear within. The game can be played alone, or simultaneously with a second player. The game has multiple difficulty levels, ranging from Normal to Insane. n a single-player game, the player takes control of Gojiro the samurai and utilizes various types of swords to defeat enemies. There are dozens of swords available in the game, which allow you to fight with five different sword styles. The basic maneuvers of each sword are similar, consisting of a quick combo, powerful charge move and aerial attack. However, each sword style offers unique abilities. In addition to the abilities given by each style, Gojiro also has the innate ability to dodge bullets, and even uses his sword to deflect them. By defeating enemies Gojiro can fill a meter which, when full, allows him to enter Master Mode. Once activated, Master Mode greatly increases Gojiro's abilities, allowing him to dispatch enemies in a single blow. In a two-player game, the second player controls Ralph the gunman. Ralph is unable to deflect bullets (though he is also able to dodge and roll) or engage in melee combat in the same manner as Gojiro, but is instead equipped with a gun that allows long-range attacks. He also has the ability to perform punches that instantly floor an enemy and deal a small amount of damage. Two additional guns can be unlocked for Ralph through beating the game, increasing his usefulness as a backup player.
Not sure how this is relevant to the thread but anyways this should be a good enough summary as to what the game is :)
>>
>>385392053
fuck off Siri
>>
File: gandy1.jpg (55KB, 650x653px) Image search: [Google]
gandy1.jpg
55KB, 650x653px
>>385387430
I have the Halo 5 soundtrack on vinyl, but really only for the title screen music and the game intro music.

>>385387924
And for this guy, there is definitely a difference, but it's in terms of sound reproduction through hardware, and how the original recording was recorded in the first place. Old recordings sound different on a LP than they do through just a digital recording, plus - an all analogue system will sound different than a digital/analogue system too.

Not saying that I'm an expert in the matter, but I'm a classically trained musician who grew up with both types of systems, and the first thing I asked upon hearing an all digital system was "Why does it sound so different?" Of course, you like what you like, and really it doesn't matter in the end of the day, but if I'm given the option to listen to recordings of John Coltrane on LP vs digital, LP every time.
>>
>>385387430
Yes. Although I have never owned a record player in my entire life. The Bioshock 2 LE was like $10 brand new, and the box looks pretty
>>
>>385391663
How about you rephrase that sentence so that it makes contextual sense.
>>
File: 252134754942.jpg (19KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
252134754942.jpg
19KB, 400x327px
One of the only acceptable ones to have
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (120KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
120KB, 1080x900px
Yes, and I only shelled out $80 on it.
>>
>>385392250
>Not saying that I'm an expert in the matter,
The only section in your post that was needed, and the one that goes hand in hand with my comment about the arguments in favor of anologue/vinyls always being rooted in technical ignorance.
>>
>>385387430
Yes.
Other than some mainstream releases, like data-discs stuff, I have 12" Space Channel record (JP one, with the original Mexican Flyer); SFIII 3rd strike record, Little Busters picture disc.
>>
>>385392573
That's a CD single with Snake Eater though. In vinyl size sleeve.
>>
>>385392583
But have you listened to the same recordings side by side on varying systems? What I'm saying is that I can pick up a copy of the same album on LP and on CD, put them through the same amp and speakers, but run one on LP and the other on digital, and the difference is marked. It's not as pronounced on albums recorded and produced digitally, but its significant on albums recorded on old equipment.
>>
>>385392767
really?

Isnt it a green wax LP?

I snagged Shenmue Blue record for $37 at a local store awhile back
>>
>>385392925
Yes, that's a promo CD from 2004 E3.
https://imgur.com/a/N5lSW
>>
>>385392767
I'VE NEVER FUCKING TAKEN IT OUT OF THE FUCKING CASE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A RECORD PLAYER AND HOLY SHIT ON A BRICK YOU'RE RIGHT

I'm beyond livid right now, I feel bamboozled and played like a damn fiddle. But that's funny as hell that I've thought it was a record this whole time when it was just a CD.
>>
>>385392790
That as everything to do with how they decided to make the digital copy in your example with all sorts of techniques to "clean up" or "improve" the sound (which is often unwanted anyway) and has nothing to do with some sort of technical limitation making it impossible for digital recordings to reproduce the sound you have on the LP.

In very simple terms, there is nothing that is standing in the way of taking the sound being produced by your LP via that amp/speaker setup and having a digital recording reproduce those very same sounds 1:1 (other than time and money).
>>
>>385393203
>80$ for a CD
Konami struck again
>>
>>385387430

This is possibly my favourite vidya soundtrack of all time
>>
File: HLM_Shopify_2048x2048.jpg (252KB, 1514x1514px) Image search: [Google]
HLM_Shopify_2048x2048.jpg
252KB, 1514x1514px
I've got a few, I've got a hotline Miami one I got off Kickstarter, a Mother 2 vinyl from Japan and a Banjo Kazooie one. I really wanna get the Streets of Rage one I think that's my next one
>>
For anyone interested, there is a VA-11 HALL-A vinyl coming out
>>
>>385394603
>sold out
I feel bamboozled
>>
File: 2016-08-14_08.56.46.jpg (193KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-14_08.56.46.jpg
193KB, 1080x1080px
>>385387430
Hotline Miami, Hotline Miami 2 and Furi. I almost picked up Shinobi and Silent Hill last week but I didn't feel like I wanted them that badly.
>>
>>385394423
Really sad that I wasn't into collecting back then when Hotline Miami 2 OST was released.
Reseller prices are high on it right now.
>>385396407
Furi OST has really nice pressing and sleeve quality.
>>
>>385396730
Furi's vinyl pressing is a thing of beauty. The mix is different from the digital release too, it's a lot more bass-heavy. I really noticed it on Wisdom of Rage.
>>
>>385394060
I can't help but notice you didn't answer my question.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.