[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing PC's next big hit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
Why aren't you playing PC's next big hit?
>>
Because it's not pubgs
>>
>>385384843
>PC's next big hit
It's on consoles too
>>
Too expensive
>>
>>385384843
>no trigger discipline
I'M TRIGGERED.
>>
I like how much money has been wasted on marketing this shit and yet nobody except complete idiots are picking it up.
>>
>>385387272
>Source: Facts from my ass.
>>
>>385387740
25 cents has been added to your Epic Games account.
>>
>DUDE ZOMBIE HORDE MODE LMAO
>>
>>385384843
People are already getting bored of it. And without constant steamer/ youtuber attention, they game will be DoA.
>>
>>385384843
>Literally just fat women and black men
top kek
>>
It looks like they're not selling it to me
Also I don't play PC games
>>
>finish first mission
>have to wait ten years for all the quest rewards and the horribly long conversation with the npc IN THE MAIN MENU
Really forts my nite
>>
>>385388673
yeah just look at that image

>overwatch ripoff graphics
>generic diversity numales and FEMpower characters

Why would I want to play this?
>>
> Early Access
>>
>>385384843
This shit will fail harder than battleborn
>>
> Twitch flavor of the month

No thanks.
>>
>>385384843
Early Access, already announced for F2P next year. No reason to pay for it in any way.
>>
This game just looks like a glorified tower defense game.
>>
>>385388976
In its defence, the artstyle is mostly unchanged from the reveal 5 or some years back
>>
I played this in alpha and it just didn't wow me.
>>
>>385386879
This. It will be f2p by this time next year.
>>
>>385390037
It's already been announced for f2p in 2018 you dingus. Paying right now is just early access.
>>
I'll just wait when it comes out for Free2Play. You guys can beta test it, if you want.
>>
>>385390037
>>385390117
Free2Play? This game requires a subscription?
>>
>>385388976
For the T H I C C
>>
>f2p
No thanks, i like to avoid cancer
>>
>>385384843
I was in the alpha. It was an ok game, but grindy as fuck once you got started. REAL grindy. And it was a complete crapshoot as to what kind of loot you got, so you can either have an ok time of it or be struggling to do damage with people of your same level.

They listened to the criticism though and revamped it.

And replaced skill selection with random character cards you got as loot, making it even more of a crapshoot. And a skill rope, which was just a fucking straight line of skills you had to go click to unlock for that character with 0 choices to be made.

It is a bad game.
>>
>>385384843
>Why aren't you playing PC's next big hit?
Because i'm too busy fapping to Penny
>>
>>385390037
If its not F2P already, it is set up like it is. Microtransaction pushing constantly
>>
>>385389891
I was thinking it's just ork must die with zombies
>>
>>385384843
>No country for white men

I don't have a problem with some minority characters but this shit is pathetic
>>
>>385384843
I'm about to get a job and need to focus on it. Plus I can wait for it to go F2P while I instead go for Shadow of War and Wolf II.
>>
>>385390394
No, traps in Orcs Must Die didn't have limited use and could actually kill Orcs. Even as an engineer, your traps are shit.
>>
>>385390385
See
>>385390106
>>
>>385390156
It's like 30 bucks or something to buy it right now while it's in early access or wait till it becomes free when its out out. People who played get free in game shit. It's what dungeon defenders 2 did.
>>
>>385390456
>traps are shit
What so this game is just a shitty 3rd person shooter that you can place walls in?
>>
>>385384843
i dont buy games that pander to fatties
>>
>Paying to beta test a free to play game
I hope you guys aren't THAT retarded
>>
>>385384843
I'm not gonna pay $40 to early access a f2p game i'd rather wait a year to see if its actually good at that time and then spend $40 to bankroll the game how i want instead of having to purchase a shitty package with fucking nothing in it
>>
>>385384843
>Its a zombie shooter where you build bases
Okay
>The AI just breaks through your walls, taking the path of least resistance, so the best base is a equal strength box
Wow, sounds fun, not.
>Has one of the worst UIs, graphics and fucking no impact boring combat ever with no difficulty until "It gets better 100 hours in I promise!"

Then to top it all off you wasted hours and hours grinding fucking trees and rocks just to play the 'real' part of the game which is building and combat, which again; are both shit.

Honestly even MG:Survive looks better than this.
>>
>>385390560
It isn't a good 3'rd person shooter either.

Guns and traps alike have durability. A gun will typically last for a mission or so. A trap will break long before the mission ends. A few of them can stun, giving you a chance to come in and kill the shit yourself after it has been mildly weakened.

There are good blueprints to learn that are effective weapons or slightly less bad traps, but they are expensive to craft even if you have the blueprints. But hey buy $30 worth of in-game money and break it down into parts and now the game is playable!

Its your classic case of balancing the game to be frustrating enough to drive most players away or trick some into buying shit.
>>
Something about it really appeals to me. I just want some fun shooting mechanics and base-building. The grinding doesn't bother me because I'm just looking to kill time with this game. Even for that, it's shit?
>>
>>385390704
At the 100 hour mark or so, the missions get more difficult.

Not more fun. Just more difficult so that you can actually fail with good strategy if you get shitty map placement.
>>
>>385390774
thanks, these shill threads almost made be buy this.

I forgot that F2P ALWAYS means shitty frustrating mess
>>
File: 1494958335507.jpg (33KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494958335507.jpg
33KB, 453x500px
>>385390560
>What so this game is just a shitty 3rd person shooter that you can place walls in?
>mfw swerve /v/ cuck twitch streamer shit
Thank based anon posters.
>>
>>385390858
>shitty map placement
You are remembering to abuse the AI right?
>Reinforced walls in weak areas
>Weaker walls in strong areas so enemies all funnel to where you want them
>Traps, especially bounce pads and sloped roof pieces so they fly into inescapable pits and die instantly
>>
>>385390831
>Fun base building
You build the same base over and over because there are obviously superior designs.
>Fun shooting mechanics
Not even a little. Your guns fire rock candy. Your abilities are the only really effective tool unless you have an amazing gun for a round or two.

Sorry, its bad.
>>
File: 1500270204675.jpg (678KB, 1520x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1500270204675.jpg
678KB, 1520x1335px
>>385391076

Blah, how can it be this bad over a decade in development?
>>
>>385391042
Shitty map placement means you are near the bottom of a cliff so enemies can just pour off the top, or stand up there hucking mortars down on you while the other 1/2 of the spawns are hitting it from below.

Bounce pads work if you happen to be near an edge of the map or an inescapable basement which 95% of the time you are not.

Funneling is just the outer defense. Once it comes to the core, you build the same bunker/walled area around it every time because otherwise mortars will destroy it. This is assuming you've done higher difficulty.
>>
>>385391076
What's your idea of a good game?
>>
>>385389854
Well it quite literally is a tower defense game.
>>
>>385391207
Weird. I have been playing since late-Alpha and I've rarely encountered ones that ass.
>>
>>385391207
that sounds... ""fun""
>>
>>385391124
It actually got worse after I started playing it. I don't know what their overall design plan looks like anymore, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even exist.

>>385391217
Ones I enjoy. I've enjoyed all manner of tower defense and hybrid games. Orcs must Die 1+2, um... shit what was the one where you are in FPS and you build square towers and then shoot the stuff and can elevel you guns or your towers? That one, 1 and 2 of it. Not amazing but a lot of fun. I also enjoyed Defense Grid as a more traditional tower defense focused game.
>>
>>385391293
I played from closed alpha for a couple months before the "revamp" where they changed the hero skill system (well, REMOVED any choice in it and made it a random card draw instead) up until a couple months back. It has always been a problem. Not every map, not at all, but enough to make me walk out of a game every few times
>>
>>385390474
DD2 was also a titanic downfall from DD1. The hours played in 2 are not even close to hours played in 1 per player.
>>
when will AAA games stop using this obnoxious psuedo-pixar art style?
>>
>>385391464
Never because it means that their game will still look decent 5 years down the line.
>>
>>385391464
I will say this for it, it is a decent looking game. The effects/particals and such all tie in well, the animations are good, the hitboxes are tied tightly to the models so when you shoot at a head you're going to hit a head. This is basic shit a lot of games don't manage.

Its not FUN but it looks nice when you're in it.
>>
>>385391348
I think you're thinking of Sanctum?
>>
>>385391640
THANK YOU That was it, Sanctum 1 and 2. I remember playing a free version of Sanctum back in the day, when it was just a concept idea. Then they turned it into a full game.

The "Endless" style mode was meh, didn't hold up great, but everything else was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>385387917
>ASKING ME FOR PROOF LOL SHILL

Jesus christ. Pathetic.
>>
>>385391456
what happened with dungeon defenders 2 how did they mess up something so simple
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.