[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Worst Castlemania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: castlemania.jpg (224KB, 778x518px) Image search: [Google]
castlemania.jpg
224KB, 778x518px
ITT: Worst Castlemania
>>
>>385377656
he's outta control, cap him
>>
Guess the meme is dead.
>>
>>385378552
Better to let it run its course than have it overstay its welcome.
>>
>>385379079
I'm going to miss the actual Castlevania discussion though.
>>
>>385379242
I guess there's not a whole lot left to discuss, with the series being dead and all.
I recently played through Simon's Quest for the first time, and I've been having fun with the DSVania randomizer, so there's that.
>>
So I've playing a fresh save in Portrait of Ruin's hard mode (level 50 cap since I value my sanity somewhat). It's been a trip to say the least. I've died a bunch of times to every boss so far, with each additional attempt differing wildly due to their utterly random attack patterns.

Since this playthrough has been so hellish I was determined to get the upgraded Vampire Killer at the earliest opportunity. And fuck man was it grueling. 200ish hits with the nebula and at least 10 minutes of baiting his axe until he finally fell over. I didn't have the ancient armor so 2-3 hits were enough to do me in.

I'm so happy right now
>>
Okay, I know I said that Creaking Skull had a shitty soul a couple of days ago, but now I am just loving it. It is consistently doing greater damage than I can with my weapon. It makes for great extra damage.
>>
>>385379673
Speaking of the DSVania randomizer, a fun setup for DoS is to set the average enemy stats to the maximum and average equipment stats to the minimum. You become a lot more reliant on using souls effectively, and enemies are a much bigger threat. It's pretty neat.
>>
>>385380045
level 1 cap is the only real way to play hard mode, let's be real
>>
File: 1500671932485.png (283KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1500671932485.png
283KB, 3840x2560px
Any decent Castlevania let's play I can watch guys?
>>
File: soma.png (4KB, 92x112px) Image search: [Google]
soma.png
4KB, 92x112px
>mfw grinding for Final Sword
>>
>>385380516
If you're doing new game+ sure, might as well. If you're starting hard mode from a new file like I am then the level 1 cap just sounds like a massively daunting task (at least until you get the ancient armor). I've read some experiences and it sounds like you're basically forced to rely on Charlotte's attack buff spell to be making any dent at all on anything.
>>
How do you unlock Old Axe Armor mode in PoR again?
>>
>reddit found out about our humble meme
rip old friend
>>
>>385381096
Kill axe armors 1000 times
>>
File: IMG_9434.jpg (29KB, 236x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9434.jpg
29KB, 236x295px
>Castlemania

Just makes imagine Macho Man Randy Savage in a castle destroying motherfuckers that trespass his realm
>>
>>385381096
Kill 1,000 old axe armours

>>385381006
nah man, vanilla new game in level 1 cap is great, it turns it into a brand new game. none of that silly ancient armor/1000 blades shit. it forces you to really learn the fights and enemies since you can't just out-DPS everything.
>>
>>385381293
>>385381145
Jesus, that's excessive.
No wonder I never unlocked it.
>>
>>385381293
I mean, it's already been a totally different experience so far and I haven't really had much opportunity to really make use of the dagger crash move.

And there's no difference between this and the level 1 cap for when I'd get access to the ancient armor.
>>
>>385380858
I'm getting flashbacks to an awful 3+ hour grindfest
>>
>>385380619
Just watch romscout on twitch.
>>
>>385382832
Ugh. I eventually got it.
I decided to go down and grind Werejaguars for the Mach Punch just so that I could kill the Final Guards faster.
And of course, Creaking Skull soul was a big help.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.