[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doomfist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Doomfist_portrait_oops.png (112KB, 350x221px) Image search: [Google]
Doomfist_portrait_oops.png
112KB, 350x221px
Now that he's out, we can all agree this guy is a huge disappointment, right?
>Long range shotgun attack that doesn't feel like it belongs on a melee character
>No quick melee attack similar to Reinhardt's hammer swing
>Doesn't even use his gauntlet when doing normal melee
>Lackluster kit that revolves around combos that are almost impossible to pull off in a really fast paced game like Overwatch
>We will have endless amounts of games with "Profists" who run straight into enemy teams and never flank like with Genji
>Boring character with zero personality in a game where every character has unique personalities and traits
>Everyone expected him to be over the top and exuberant judging from a name like Doomfist, and they just made him a normal gruff soldier type with an african accent
>Somehow manages to look overdesigned and horribly underdesigned visually, it's hard to describe, he genuinely looks like something out of Battleborn
>>
honestly I like the shotgun because it lets him pick people off, we don't need another Reinhardt going into crowds and swinging wildly
>>
>>385376254
ye he is shite
>>
>combos that are almost impossible to pull off in a really fast paced game like Overwatch

Imagine being this much of a shitter holy moly
>>
>>385376254
>really fast paced game like Overwatch
AHAHAHAHA
>>
no skin leaks yet?

I just need to know if there's going to be bikinis or I can ignore the next event altogether
>>
let's be honest, do you REALLY want Terry Crews in this role?
>>
>>385376698
I doubt they'll do something as boring as a bunch of bikinis.
>>
File: HOTS-verano-2[1].jpg (87KB, 890x634px) Image search: [Google]
HOTS-verano-2[1].jpg
87KB, 890x634px
>>385376991
they did it for HotS

you have no idea how many boxes they would sell for some limited tracer/widow/mercy/dva/reinhard bikinis
>>
>>385377671
>tfw I managed to get a Tychus package skin
>>
>>385376991
they'll probably do the exact same things for other characters that didn't get outfits last year (i.e. Junkrat, or any of the new character) where it's just a team sport uniform or throwing their country's flag on their existing outfit.

I do want to see them give Roadhog a big fucking Australian rugby jersey though
>>
overwatch is a game marketed towards 15 year old redditors. you should be ashamed.
>>
>>385376254

Doomfist is a niche character. He is basically an aggressive Genji on roids. You need to master the timing of his combos to get any mileage out of him. His ultimate is mainly areal denial and counters hard tanking (Orisa + Torbjron turret nests)

He is a fighting/brawler character in a first-person shooter.
>>
I don't play the game but months ago when I first saw people theorizing about doomfist becoming a hero in game, guessing what roll he might be, using the silhouettes of all the previous doomfists to guess his size and looks, saying terry cruz should voice him etc. I thought to myself, "Man this guy's gonna be a huge reveal for the game, he's probably gonna be like nega reinhardt or something in terms of personality etc" but boy was he a let down.

When I first saw him I thought, without looking at his gameplay he was gonna be pretty tanky, CC monster of a hero and his animated trailer made me think thats what he was going to be but he's actually just ANOTHER dps who doesn't really bring anything to a fight. I'd say his play style is almost like tracer where you go in do as much as you can to 1 person and gtfo or else you'll get blown up because you cant take damage. And his design is pretty lack luster, he's essentially a big black guy whose attire screams "I'M AFRICAN" and just has a robot arm
>>
Anyone remember S4 League with that one weapon type that was a little sidesword and a big fucking arm? It reminds me of that
>>
I hate him and he's not fun to play against

Just another character that gets free 1 shots and doesn't have to aim
>>
>>385377992
I haven't played him yet, but that actually makes him sound fun. What are his combos, exactly?
>>
File: laughingow.png (499KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
laughingow.png
499KB, 680x682px
>>385376254
>combos that are almost impossible to pull off in a really fast paced game like Overwatch
wew anon you know that you can reposition his E by turning before you hit the ground right? it's not that hard to fuck people up as doomfist.
>>
File: 1501120361795.gif (147KB, 223x222px) Image search: [Google]
1501120361795.gif
147KB, 223x222px
>>385376254
>Those Terry Crews rumors
>Excited as fuck to hear "SUPER GAUNTLET POWERRRRRRRRR" constantly during the game
>It's some native African nigger from the actual third world country the character is from again
>He's no fun at all

I'm so glad PC culture is dying, I can't wait to for having fun and having talent to take precedence over being "inclusive". The arguments for not hiring Terry are just bad, I'd understand if he was bad for the role but that's not what they're saying.
>>
>>385376254
If you're using his shotgun at long range then you're legitimately mentally retarded and need to be put in a special needs care facility. You use it to finish off enemies at close range that aren't killed by your comboing, not trying to pick people off from a mile away. You're probably the same kind of blithering ape who thinks Sombra's damage sucks when the problem is you trying to shoot them from too far away.
>>
>>385376576
Not a argument
>>
>>385376254
Lol, didn't read.
>>
>>385376834
I'd rather have a goofy over the top performance than the incredibly bland and flat one we have, yeah.
>>
>>385376576
Movement is slow and there's a lot of ways to sustain yourself or escape death but a the same time anybody can die in like 1 second easily if you get out of position
>>
>>385381462
The character's an African warlord, do you really think that necessitated 24 HOUR ODOR BLOCKER PROTECTION HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why does this only come up now when it's an African dude and not when you have just as many other flat performances that have accents. Mercy is boring, Mei is boring, Symmetra is boring and autistic, Sombra is boring while trying to be le epic quirky hacker, Zarya is boring. Noticing a trend? The "foreign" characters have boring voice acting. At best you have Reinhardt being goofy but everyone else is straightfaced and boring.
>>
what's the best combo to use with him?
>>
>>385376834
Yes? God forbid this game made by one of the biggest game studios in the world try to include an actually interesting actor instead of an authentic nigger nobody asked for.
>>
>>385376254
>>Long range shotgun
Are you literally retarded? Think about what you just said.
>>
File: 1472262883313.png (25KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
1472262883313.png
25KB, 266x220px
>>385381319
these look horrible and yet I love them at the same time
>>
>>385382042
You realize the meme about shotguns being exclusively short range is a video game thing, right? If you're in a field 100 meters away from a dude with a shotgun he'll still fuck your shit up.
>>
>Boring character with zero personality in a game where every character has unique personalities and traits

You made a mistake he fits in perfectly, everyone in the game is flat as a board of wood when it comes to character
>>
On the Custom game modes you can opt for one of those "City Play" modes were everyone can fight but chooses not to. Well guess who gets to RP the EU's Migrant Crisis. Throw a couple Phara in the mix, and you get to culturally enrich all the normies. 10/10 Best addition to this game.
>>
>>385376254
>Looks like something out of battleborn
I know you all hate battleborns art but battleborn had a ridiculous over the top style. Doomfist is just a generic guy with a spiky robot arm.
>>
>>385381721
While the Terry Crews hype was entirely fan made, I would rather have Crews. Doomfist could've very easily had been a cocky retired boxer turned villain or some shit, anything to justify Terry Crews being wacky and fun. Instead blizzard opted for boring African warlord, and the character suffers over all for it IMO. All the examples you have listed are boring, I agree. Instead of making everyone wacky cartoon characters they've opted to make only a few really goofy. Reaper, Junkrat, Zenyatta and Roadhog are all silly. I would've liked Doomfist to join them but Blizzard hates fun I guess.
>>
>Everyone expected him to be over the top and exuberant judging from a name like Doomfist

This. THIS is DOOMFIST? Sounds like he should've been something more like Zurg from Toy Story.
>>
>>385376834
>do you REALLY want Terry Crews in this role?
No.
Michael Jai is way fucking better.
>>
File: taunt-Scout_taunt_laugh.png (109KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
taunt-Scout_taunt_laugh.png
109KB, 250x364px
>>385376254
>Overwatch
Now that it's out, we can all agree this game is a huge disappointment, right?
>literally a worse, more restricted TF2
>no content
>low skill ceiling
>no customization
>shitty design
>awful tumblrina/LOLbab/CoDkiddie playerbase
>entire thing is an overpriced restrictive, shallow experience
>Blizzard refuses to tell us how many people still play

Glad I didn't touch it past the beta. And from what I hear-- From you people-- it's gone downhill since then.
>>
File: owl.jpg (58KB, 650x395px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
58KB, 650x395px
>>385384408

>Get a kill with the Ult
>" I PUNCHED THAT SHIT BEFORE I EVEN ENTERED THE ROOM"

Could've had something magical.
>>
>>385381860
from what i can tell his only real combo is the uppercut into a charged punch
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.