[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video game idea thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 29

File: kurisuuu.png (128KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
kurisuuu.png
128KB, 300x300px
>>
>>385370940
Gay cowboys simulator
>>
>>385370940
>shootan and platforman
>but in a a giant worm and you start the game by being eaten
>there's whole ecosystems and tribes that live inside the worm's insides
>final level you fight your rival on top of the worm
>>
Stealth game where your only tool is a walkie-talkie.
Use it to:
>request outside assistance
and
>distract guards to certain locations
>>
>>385370940
That pic is not used that way newfriend.
>>
>>385371130
RoR 2
>>
Third-person RPG, but in a cyberpunk dystopia
>>
>>385370940
Deadlands vidya
>>
Average life of an American simulator
>>
Shoota/ strategy hybrid
Can be played at a tactical or continent sized level
and of course
> D E E P E S T L O R E
>>
idk what the gameplay would be but it would involve older women seducing young girls
>>
Just make a normal game. Then put a hard timer limit on it that is really restrictive and makes it so you have to clear it before the timer runs out. You can go off and do sidequests and shit but once that timer elapses, it's game over. To even beat the game normally you need to practice strats and play multiple times to learn the game, it's basically a forced speedrun.

speedrunners and their (((Safety Saves))) btfo, there won't be times for saves
>>
Minecraft 2.
>>
>>385370940
A very realistic fighting game where you could possibly die in one hit depending on what/where you were hit. Your wounds will still affect you after a round and even the entire game.

Something I've wanted for a very long time.
>>
CoH-like RTS but maps are mechanically 3D and units can navigate them fully, you can scroll up and down to smoothly change the displayed elevation
Takes place in a Blame!-like space structure with a faction of cybernetic moses-in-the-desert religious guys, an aristocracy that uses 100% biological genetically engineered tech and a group of psuedo-japanese bandit clans that like big guns and fast cars and all that ork shit
>>
Is this the thread for indie developers to come steal ideas from?
>>
>>385372246
I hope so
>>
>>385371701
That means every player would be doing the exact same thing, and only light changes could be discernable from each playthrough
Unless you planned out different ways you can go about beating the timer, this is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>385370940
RPG dungeon crawler where your character starts off at max level with all the best gear for every class & they get weaker as the game goes by sacrificing their items at the end of each floor
The way you specialize as certain classes is by keeping items needed for that class as long as you can

Game eventually devolves into a horror game on the final floors when you have no more items but you still have to sacrifice things to progress
So the only way to continue is to sacrifice your body parts while hiding from monsters
>>
>>385370940
Douche bag mall cop has to save the world from an annoying guy he knows from college.
>>
File: 1472343775859.jpg (19KB, 338x253px) Image search: [Google]
1472343775859.jpg
19KB, 338x253px
>>385372568
You're fucking fundamentally flawed if this is how you think you dumb piece.
>>
Skyrim with guns
>>
Fallout 4 with swords and sorcery
>>
Dragon Age in Space
>>
>>385373220
that game already has magic you could stop time and shit and there was all kinds of magic monsters
>>
Mass Effect in a Tolkien setting
>>
>>385371701
is there any benefit to doing side quests at all?
>>
>>385370940
A hentai game where you're a tentacle monster that has to avoid being raped by school girls in uniform.
>>
File: 1500112852391.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1500112852391.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
a Halo grand strategy game
>>
>>385373504
lore
>>
>>385373112
not him but ur dumb
>>
>>385373000
What gameplay style?
>>385370940
An XCOM style game where you play as Jim Gordon leading the city's cops against Gotham's villains and their henchman. Batman goes missing early on, to nip that in the bud.
>>
>>385373531
Are the real ones that bad?
>>
A first-person action game, with swords, guns and magic, set in Eberron, with the player character a war forged, featuring an open world with a dynamic war ongoing, but triple-A setpiece missions at fixed locations. Must include lightning rail hijacking; bank heist level in Sharn with lots of verticality; etc.
>>
>>385371740
So just Bushido Blade, again? Why?
>>
>>385371332
Can I steal this?
>>
>>385373790
There aren't any? RTS games /=/ grand strategy. You wouldn't call Star Craft a grand strategy game, they're essentially levels that are all isolated as opposed to one large overarching development of an empire.
>>
>>385370940
Fast paced top down shooter with a cover system and bullet time. It would be a bit more tactical shooter than run n gun I think.
>>
>>385373813
I want it gritter, more urban that's overall darker.
Kind of like a fight club vibe.
>>
>>385370940
Wakfu but with Dragon's Dogma gameplay. A story mode featuring the main cast, and a multiplayer mode with character creation quests, raids and unique overworld
>>
MMO like Angband, players form teams in the main town to go into the dungeon to collect loot to get stronger to sell in town/use and try to reach the bottom. Combat is Isometric turnbased with each player controlling their own character, skills are on a point-buy system.
>>
grimdark open world survival horror in military conflict setting with paranormal entities
basically a new STALKER but with more lore and enemy variety and with every bullet being precious
>>
A street racing game with driving simulator handling.
>>
A game where you play as a gingerbread man in a candy world, going on quests and running businesses, all to buy expensive decorations for your house. It would mainly be an excuse to throw out hundreds of shitty candy based puns.
>>
Magic the gathering combined with xcom for a fantasy tactics cardgame
>>
>>385373962
Forgot to add that I want it bloody as hell. Like there can be clean fist fights but also over the top decapitations and dismemberment.

So pretty much Bushido Blade + Deadliest Warrior (for the one hit kill) + Def Jam + Gladius
>>
>>385370940
A Space Themed Noir Detective game where you hop from planet to planet solving mysteries and developing your detective agency. Mysteries are pulled from a pool of like 200ish mysteries and the game has a kind of Sid Meier's Covert Action vibe with L.A. Namely interrogations/evidence finding from L.A. Noire with the stealth mechanics of a Alpha Protocol/Splinter Cell game.
>>
I call it Lore: the game.

There's a fucking huge library and it will have real time shushing and AAA dewey decimal mechanics. All the game lore and all the answers and crafting spells and everything are in the library and only the library.

The library is the first room in the game and you can read as much lore as you want. But once you leave you can't ever return.

lorefags btfo
>>
>>385374329
Bushido blade has one hit kills you fuckboy.
>>
>>385373842
Please do, I can't code for shit.
>>
Multiplayer coop strategy game, like a blend between Zombie Master and Left 4 Dead/Vermintide, with one player taking the side of the monsters as an RTS/strategy mechanic and the rest taking the roles of a group of monster hunters who upgrade their equipment and abilities in lite RPG fashion as they complete missions in a series of short campaigns.

I have vampire hunters in mind in particular, because the different spawnable strains could all have different strengths and weaknesses, which the upgradeable players would be able to work together to exploit with witchcraft and makeshift weaponry.
>>
An RPG where the MC is a female half-human half-dragon hybrid and starts the game trying to find her dad.
After finding her dad, she finds out that something is trying to destroy the world and she proceeds to go kick it's ass.

During her adventures, she ends up gathering a party consisting of
>Some criminal dude
>a local madman
>Retired old knight
>a housewife, who used to be a high-class mage
>an anthropomorphic wolf
>Pretty boy archer, who is the love interest
>Bara lumberjack
>and MC's dad

Combat would be real-time.

On a scale from 1-100, how good does this sound?
>>
>>385374605
sounds pretty boring
>>
>>385371046
That has to exist already.
>>385371512
I would play it, but only if it's ludicrously over the top.
>Balance your finances between cheeseburgers, tips, and medical bills
>Random chance to be shot upon leaving your house
>Driving mini game contains no turns
>Your character is constantly applauding
>>
A dead space style metroid game
>>
File: 1480362242146.png (3MB, 1216x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1480362242146.png
3MB, 1216x1216px
>>385370940
I miss sounds, oh wait
>>
Just give me a Crusader Kings 3 with better economy, diplomacy and war and I'm good but the guys from the HIP mod has to work on it. I don't trust Paradox anymore.
>>
Open world cinematic platformer, there are no enemies but the place is full of traps and natural hazards.
>>
Citizen Kane but with QTEs
>>
>>385370940
I'm making a 2D mecha game where you can switch your mech parts.
give me your idea to improve on the game, goyim.
>>
>>385375302
make impregnation mechanics so the goal of the alien mechs is to immobilize the mechas and cause of the neural link if they rape your mecha you get pregnant in real life and you lose a pilot because she has to go raise her children and you also get an alimony deduction each round but you have more pilots you can recruit because it's also a harem dating sim.
>>
>>385372978
Very neat concept. Do you always stay the same level? Do monsters get stronger, weaker, or stay the same?
>>
>>385375224
fucking genius
>>
File: 56f175d586b02f77745dad787132e83e.jpg (286KB, 1729x1652px) Image search: [Google]
56f175d586b02f77745dad787132e83e.jpg
286KB, 1729x1652px
>>385375302
>large variety of mech parts
>screen rocks with the weight of each step/attack
>parrying
>mechs (player-controlled and enemy alike) lose components and show visible damage during combat
>just fucking slamming the mech into enemies is a viable combat option
>actually good (hopefully sprite-based like pic related) graphics
>>
File: very cute Turn A.jpg (35KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
very cute Turn A.jpg
35KB, 600x482px
>>385375302
Make it so that you can date your mecha.
>>
Extremely asymmetric multiplayer game where zombies, aliens, humans, robots, and an eldritch worshipping cult fight for dominance of Earth. The game is split between a strategy phase where you build units, research, adopt policies, and launch attacks, and a DnD style combat phase where a small group of your units fight in battle royales.
>>
File: stream (41).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stream (41).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385375783
>>large variety of mech parts
planning to make 10 different mechs so with each swapping up, u can make plenty more of mechs, and if there's more time during development, i might pump the number up.

>mechs (player-controlled and enemy alike) lose components and show visible damage during combat
great point, never thought about it.
i will be using this then.

>actually good (hopefully sprite-based like pic related) graphics
it will be 2D sprite, but not good graphic since i'm pretty amateur at drawing.
here's a sample of my prototype.
>>
>>385374391
what are multiple save files
>>
>>385374391
Lorefags never read lores in game.
they just read about it on wiki
>>
>>385370940
Damn OP, you can't just drop that in a thread and then not post sounds
>>
File: 1465708041060.jpg (20KB, 265x348px) Image search: [Google]
1465708041060.jpg
20KB, 265x348px
Edgy arena shooter where your guns are all big handheld monsters that shoot out bullets but also eat materials to convert them into the ammunition they fire. When you kill a player your gun can eat theirs to gain that player's perks for a limited time.
>>
File: PpBQgcA.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
PpBQgcA.gif
3MB, 200x150px
A wrestling RPG where you build your roster and the gameplay is half in ring stuff and half cutting promos / backstage stuff.

You would be able to see your ratings, and read smarky comments in response to how you book events. You would be able to overwork and underpay guys until they quit like a bunch of bingo hall noodle heads.
>>
Open world first person fantasy RPG that is an Elder Scrolls clone, not made by Bethesda.
>>
>>385374821
Are you even american dude?
Acting like its still the wild west over here
When you got allahs warriors raping young european girls and crushing people with trucks
>>
>>385377359
Nigga, of course I'm American. Are you so defensive you can't handle bantz? An over the top American simulator would be fucking hilarious, like those anime scenes where we dress like Elvis and curse constantly.
>>
Semi-linear fantasy rpg with combat similar to dragons dogma
Goal is to slay some dragons that are uniquely designed from each other and actually feel like an imposing threat in the area they inhabit
>>
>>385377137
Check out the fan translation of Final Fire Pro Wrestling.
>>
File: aboyandhisboat.jpg (394KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
aboyandhisboat.jpg
394KB, 3840x2160px
Wind Waker but with a focus on professions and trading. So I guess Wind Waker x Recettear.
>>
>>385370940
multiplayer open world survival with zombies
>>
>>385371564
grand strategy
>>
Not really a whole game idea, but an idea to be used in a game.
An ability/spell in a turn based rpg who's effect is "use a nuclear weapon to guarantee victory in a n encounter, at the cost of tougher battles afterward." It effectively instantly wins the current encounter, but makes the overworld a wasteland variant of itself that spawns much stronger enemies. The effect does revert after a while though.
>>
Old school Beat-em-up where all the Heroes who care about saving the world are forced to leave retirement/Florida in order to beat a cyber menace enslaving the youth. Grandiose over the top psa on becoming a normie inspired by modern internet culture humor, a la captain planet but bloody and ironic.
>>
>>385378340
dude nice
kickstarter or patreon link?
>>
A multiple-genre game that tries to combine all good games into one, about macro and micro-management introducing different levels of gameplay, where you start at the bottom of a tribe's social class in the stone age and eventually earn your way up to alpha male. The gameplay is set in a specific genre. Can't decide if it'd be a point-and-click RPG like D2 or modern adventure like whatever preferred 3D zelda game, or something else.

However, it changes into an RTS like age of empires 2 where you're building your society up from the tribe into a true medieval civilization. But unlike completing a game of AoE2, your game doesn't stop there. You eventually are given the option to send scouts out to the edges of your map, or if you take too long, are forced to receive messengers from other civilizations living beyond your map. You are then given options to send armies and/or pioneers to colonize in the next maps, which are grids as large (if not larger) than your own. You will either ally with these or conquer them,
it's all up to you and of course the A.I.
civs.
At this point, you can choose to zoom back into a single character (who you have as the current 'ruler') or zoom out into a game similar to EU or Civilization. Your civilization eventually conquers the planet through military or geo-political influence, but your technology can advanced to the space age and beyond if you choose to let some of the other civs survive. But if you choose to take long enough after the point where you reach space age, extra-terrestrial civilizations will eventually be knocking at your door as you are then faced with either having to fight them, or find a different planet to flee to, or 'convince' them that you are too strong. At this point, you can zoom out to 4X space RTS and are allowed to freely zoom back into the [previously mentioned] different modes of play, but in other planets/moons/systems.
>>
GTA style game where the MC recreates serial killer sprees
>>
dating/social sim, where you can't speak and have to use object interaction and physical intention to advance your relationships and get what you need from people
>>
A survival game where you're on a raft in the middle of the ocean. Life of pi style.
But there's spooky lovecraftian stuff too.
>>
>>385370940
Visual novel:
>A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
File: dance.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>
>>385379929
Is this pasta? I feel like I've read this atleast a couple months ago. Possibly here or some thread in /lit/.
>>
A civil war inside of a space empire stretching from the Andromeda Galaxy to the Milky Way Galaxy, the gameplay is very much like HOI4 yet there's a twist. In the beginning there's two sides: The Imperial Republic of The Legion and The Broken Empire.
Following the willing annexation of what was The Diatarian Empire that had control of most of The Milky Way, The Legion saught to send word to all Planets. Well some miscommunication happened and a The Broken Empire was forged out of what the natives thought was a military invasion. More factions will pop up as the war lingers on, creating an ever complicated war for an Imperial Republic in peril.
>>
>>385380883
>he doesn't recognize Keit-Ai
How new?
>>
I want Kurisu to bully and tease me about being a virgin.
>>
>>385370940
Kurisu kisses and hugs sim.
>>
File: 1498971103001.png (208KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
1498971103001.png
208KB, 300x338px
>>385381036
same
>>
>>385380986
>>385380986
Off and on since 2007. Unlike the lot of you, I'm not glued to here often enough to know every meme. But it sounds like you do, so do enlighten me.
>>
It's literally a 2D Metroidvania game where you play as a either a cool old spider or a grill spider, not too sure and you can shoot webs like Spiderman, gain momentum, and go fast

this is a game idea I've had in my head for a long time I probably should just write all my ideas down with it
>>
File: 1500538185910.gif (939KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500538185910.gif
939KB, 500x200px
>>385378153
This one appeals to me. A comfy, cel shaded, open waters trading sim would make me so fucking happy.
>>
>>385381904
Maybe some day there could be some mod or something that will do this.
>>
File: fox_ex1.jpg (57KB, 742x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fox_ex1.jpg
57KB, 742x1024px
Kitsune raising simulator. Featuring highly interactive headpatting.
>>
>>385371701
Lightning Returns and Majora's Mask are kind of like this. Not as punishing but you get the idea.
>>
File: Yotsuba01.jpg (57KB, 372x500px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba01.jpg
57KB, 372x500px
I've been sitting on this one for years, please, let me know what you think. I'll be copying this straight from my dream journal, so here we go.

>You're a rugged man in rags travelling the world looking for the ultimate fight
>Stages are different themed environments with appropriately themed pissed off enemies, i.e. axe gang, skeletons, etc.
>you fight with your fists, and go through several stages. Combos build a gauge up.
>after beating some ass, you ascend into phase 2
>music picks up a bit, you rip off you shirt. You can pick up larger objects and throw them, such ass chairs and small tables.
>phase 3, music intensifies and you can punch enemies through walls if you're close enough. You can pick up larger objects and everyone acts differently, they're scared but they just want you dead
>final phase, you're a saiyan who has surpassed a super saiyan. Music is going ape shit. You can rip out street lights and kick cars across the street.

Stages are environments like graveyards for skelles, maybe throw in zombies I don't know. Probably a club with some wub music cause it always feels good to beat ass to wub music (Payday 2). The game isn't something to take seriously and the story probably isn't anything too big, I haven't put much thought into it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
>>
File: 1498890549807.png (226KB, 637x624px) Image search: [Google]
1498890549807.png
226KB, 637x624px
>>385382769
The idea of 2D waifus getting closer to reality is what keeps me going
>>
>>385370940
A game set in, say, a small town where you are caught in a time loop and need to experiment with causality and the consequences of your own actions with the eventual goal of getting certain key players all together in a certain place on the last day before the loop resets. Lots of detail to the way the inhabitants of the town react to even small things you do. Insult a slightly chubby character's weight on the first day of the loop? On the third day of that loop, she'll go to the gym instead of picking up fast food on the way home from work. Over multiple loops, you begin to figure out the schedules and lives of key players, their relationships with those around them, and how to manipulate them to accomplish your goal.
The player has the option to just tell people about the time loop, but this predictably just makes that NPC think you're batshit, and by extension everyone they talk to over the course of their day, and they everyone they talk to, and so on, will also think you're batshit until the loop resets. You may possibly end up carted off to the psyche ward for the rest of the loop.
Three days in total, as anything more and having to reset the loop because you missed an opportunity or waiting for the right time would get frustrating. Player has the ability to astral project, which they can use to study NPC interactions without changing them by actually being present.
Heavy focus on intelligent, believable AI that responds appropriately to the small things the player might do, like jumping on tables, sprinting, messing with their things, ect. Open ended with a large number of ways of accomplishing the goal, and emphasis on simply letting the player follow the ripple effect of a single action. Small environment so no excuse for it to not be detailed as fuck mechanically.
Zero replayability once you finish it once, but hell, Life is Strange did fairly well, this would be similar, except less cringe and with a bit more depth, with more freedom.
>>
>>385383418
I know that feeling all too well.
Its only a matter of time.
>>
Red Orchestra

As a western
>>
>MMO where all characters are monster girls/boy

>WWII shooting game, Pacific Theater. USA soldiers are rendered western 3D realistic style, Japanese style are cell-shaded anime-styled
>>
>>385383537
Always liked it in media when stuff like this happened. Like that episode of Space Dandy or that movie with the train bombing. Never seen it done with nultiple days though
>>
A game where a bunch of girls constantly pick on the MC and bully him.
But plot twist!
All of them are in love with him

I just want a game with female bullies in general
>>
>>385383746
Majora's mask, obviously.
But you could, to some extent, retain progress through that game's loop, and it didn't play anywhere near as big a part in the game as you'd think other then being a time limit, and there was a very limited set of outcomes.
>>
>>385384561
Oh yeah forgot about that one. Didn't really like it to be honest. Kinda felt like DLC which was just really "okay"
>>
>JRPG (so you can stop reading right here on my first meme arrow if that's not your thing)
>Main character is artist
>Is going blind but this is set up as a plot twist and is something the party doesn't end up knowing until later on
>Wants to see every major locale in the world and make a painting of them before he loses his sight
>No huge overarching conflict, but each nation has its own arc and you might fight off bandits or liberate a country or two. Each character would have their own arc too of course

>Conditional Turnbased combat
>Small amount of tactical movement involved
>5 man party. 10 total characters in the game including two optional ones
>>
>>385375302
Show pics/vids first.
>>
>>385375302
You won't even top metabots
>>
>>385384902
see
>>385376192
>>
>>385370940
How about a survival crafting game with no clear victory state, extremely bad music, no story, characters, and the graphics look like muddy shit?
I'll even throw in multiplayer with horrible netcode, which is ironic considering it uses denuvo.

It also forces chromatic aberration with no way to disable it, a tiny jump causes a massive amount of camera shake(20ish seconds fullscreen) and if you take even the slightest hit your entire screen is covered with tomato sauce that has veins.
>>
File: 1462482819834.jpg (73KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1462482819834.jpg
73KB, 500x588px
>>385370940
Mass Effect except it's made by conservatives and not progressives.
>>
Mega man clone with wizards instead of robots
>>
File: smug4.png (1MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
smug4.png
1MB, 1214x1109px
>>385370940
An mmo where you (at the start of the game) choose a player type (samurai or ninja) and your play style revolved around that. ninjas spied on other player factions and had the ability to steal intel from other factions if not seen by other players, and samurai had the ability to fight in battles against other players. Combat is mordhau style with katanas and cool japanese weapons, and the only safe zones in the game are faction houses. Factions are similar to how eve online does it.

Is this a good idea or what? Might get a team of coders in the future to design something like this.
>>
>>385379929
If you are gonna post /a/ shit at least make it related. Battle harem rpg where you make a waifu squad for example. Or isekai open world game. Or rpg where you can play as any Chaika and have adventures.
>>
File: 1433461936469.png (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433461936469.png
32KB, 500x500px
>sound threads are long dead
>>
>>385383342
pretty good idea, but wouldn't you get too OP near the end to the point where it isn't fun?
>>
>>385380940
Not a terrible premise but it really just seems like an excuse for HOI in space.
Maybe change the genre a bit?
>>
You mean when you get to phase 4? Yeah, it'll probably go down or something, or tougher enemies appear, I don't know. It resets for every stage though.
>>
>>385383920
Check out the visual novel Grisaia
>>
>>385386157
Was meant for >>385386009
Whoops.
>>
>>385383342
Accidentally left out a small but important detail, every stage has their own reason for the baddies trying to kill you initially. Like in the ax gang stage, you step on someones shoe and hes all "you know who I am bub" or shit like that. Each stage has its own reasons for accidentally getting in trouble with the enemies. Just a chance to show off some charm for each stage. Also I feel like all the different themes would keep people playing just to see what comes next.
>>
File: 143257654358.jpg (25KB, 338x358px) Image search: [Google]
143257654358.jpg
25KB, 338x358px
>>385370940
>Management murder sim
>Choose how to murder victims
>Get a nickname depending on murder method
>Have special challenges and events
>Also manage non-murder life
>>
>You play as a construction tycoon in Victorian England, haunted by the uncle he murdered to obtain the company, forced to build ghost boarding homes/"haunted houses" to further his mysterious agenda
>Strike a balance between keeping your endeavors financially afloat while pleasing ghostly visitors and avoiding suspicion from law enforcement or the church
>>
reminder that setting and plot are not game ideas
>>
So i think maybe is could work:
The MC is (wait for it) an el1t3 hack3r who fucks up and gets caught messing with a large el1t3 hack3r group and as penance MC is forced to move to Washington D.C. under the guise of a university student. Every day begins with the player walking from through his apartment, a few streets and the University grounds until he gets to class. From then on until the end of the class day the game takes a VN approach to dialogue and exposition as to accommodate a large number of branching paths and player choice. At the end of the class day the player will walk back through the university, the streets and into his apartment. The player's choices and actions can be reflected by the state of all these places and certain characters will be in certain places each day so the player can visit and talk with them, building their relationship (more about this later).
Now, the player doesn't just spend the game walking, talking, and doing school work (in fact, he doesn't do any school work at all), because every day when he gets home he does digital missions, for the el1t3 hack3r group (hereby known as 'the group') who is blackmailing him, through game like Uplink or Hacknet. The hacking missions while initially be given by the group; you will first siphon bank accounts then steal trade secrets and learn stock market numbers hours before they are known to the public, basically all manor of evil hacker shit. Because the group is just using the player for their own monetary gain the player will be able to make incursions against the group themselves, and will be forced to manage his time between what the group wants him to do and investigating the group. If the player ignores the group then they will fuck with the hacking game, making things much more difficult until eventually it is essentially unplayable and if things continue than the group will get rid of the player permanently causing a game over.
I'm sorry if this is cringe should i continue?
>>
>>385386807
It would be Hatred 2.0. Basically it gets flak during the entirety of its development time for being violent, with the usual clickbait blogs making bad posts about it. Then it gets released and IMMEDIATELY forgotten, nobody will ever play it.
>>
File: animal crossing why.gif (329KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
animal crossing why.gif
329KB, 275x206px
Not necessarily unique, but you could literally make knock-offs using the systems of really fun games. The one that still baffles me as to how their aren't any knock-offs of it is Mega Man Battle Network. Not counting Star Force, but ANYTHING similar to it at all. Why does that not exist?

Also, simple things like more kart racers like CTR, DKR, MKDS, etc.
>>
An RPG where your job class ISN'T the typical D&D standard but a modern military roles instead

>m-muh FF13
That was poorly implemented. I wanted something like FF5
>>
>>385388687
I'm interested.
>>
>>385384810
What's the appeal?
Just give us the epic plot twist, your idea won't be seeing the light of the day anyway.
>>
>>385388687
>>385390191
In between class time and hacking the play will build relationships with friends and potential love interests through conversations and side activities. It's essentially persona in this regard, the D.C. area has plenty of things to do and the University setting lends itself to youthful hijinks. One example character is the player's neighbor; a NEET employee of the group who does all of your schoolwork. The player needs to drop off and pick up any papers to his neighbor every day, beyond an initial brief conversation the player pushes papers under the door unless the player makes and effort to improve the relationship. Friendships and the like can also be pursued at the University or at local shops that the player passes each day on his way to school. At the school the player will be forced into a group club so a small cast of 4 or so school characters will be re occurring throughout the VN segments at the school, the player will build the majority of his relationships with these characters.
The game will stay this way for a while, the player will manage relationships with both his friends and the group. Later on after the player has grown fond of the characters he chooses to spend the most time with and he either does enough missions for or steals enough information from the group shit will get real. See, the reason the PC is in Washington in the first place is so he can support whistle blowers/ government contacts that work for the group, all the money you siphoned for the group was being funneled into actions to keep agents safe. All the secrecy and firm handedness was to protect these agents and keep the government from finding out about the player. Immediately after this is revealed the player is saddled with new responsibilities that include picking up dead drops, meeting informants, throwing off agennts; basically being errand boy for these people.
>>
>>385392430
What about an anti-social route?
>>
File: 1423187550657.gif (296KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423187550657.gif
296KB, 400x300px
>>385370940
what was that song that always went with this image?
>>
>>385392430
The 3rd act begins with player learning that one of the people at the school is a government agent sent to keep tabs on you, in fact the player can learn about this early if they pass difficult hacking challenges towards the end of the second act. At this point the PC is at a breaking point, he has spent nearly a year stealing and running from the government and now he only point of escape is compromised. The undercover agent is one of the female school friends, and if the player is in a relationship with them then they will confess and the decision will be made to get rid of them or keep them, if not then the player must find out for themselves through bugging all of his friend's phones and hacking into their personal computers to find the truth. Eventually the player is forced to make the biggest decision that starts the ending; the group wants the identity of the agent and it is your choice to give it to them, negotiate for her safety in exchange for being essentially a permanent servant of the group (this is only possible if the player passed an invisible check on how well the group trusted the player at the end of act 2, as judged by how often he did what they wanted or investigated them), or what most people will do: tell them to piss off. If the player does this then the relationship aspect of the game will be brought into play and the player will need to outrun the government and the group (if his relationship with the agent was moderate to poor by the end of the game), or outrun the group and goverment with the agent and friends because the group is trying to kill them all (on account of them not knowing exactly who the agent was). This ending stage will test the player's relationships and how much the other's trust him and whether or not they will die as the run from the group, sort of like the ending of Mass Effect 2 but not retarded and poorly telegraphed.
>>385392580
This is the end to the social route, I have an anti social route planed
>>
>>385393560
What would the anti-social route be like? I'm fine with a basic outline.
>>
Ok so we get skyrim and port it to some TI.89s.
>>
>>385389970
Valkyria Chronicles 1 hit this sweet spot for me. I keep hearing 2-3 are bad though so I'm sad that's all there is
>>
>>385370940
Skyrim...with cars.
>>
File: ad vitam.png (1010KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ad vitam.png
1010KB, 848x1200px
>>385370940
Multiplayer game with extremely sophisticated physics in which player has to kill other players/npcs which will give them "genetic points".

The more points, the more you can modify your organism. Models have extremely flexible physical skeleton that can be molded and adapted. No biological functions/forms are pre-programmed, and players modify to make their own functions from scratch, such as shells, spikes, blubber, legs, skin, jaws, texture/color of skin, shape of feet, basically anything. Perhaps even a basic sound design mini-program like audacity would be available for animal noises.

Game would probably not prioritize graphical quality. A singleplayer mode as well as a sandbox mode with infinite genetic points available would also exist.

Most maps would be a facility/lab type location, all pretty much futuristic. The npcs in maps would probably be scientists, cats and lab rats.

The team-based round mode would probably start off with both teams of simple organisms on either side of the map inside liquid tubes. Bust out, get working and start battling against other enemy organisms.

The FFA mode would be more fun, every monster for himself. Of course, make it all very bleak and gory, and have no music. Maybe a little bit of general ambient tones and echos.

The title: AD VITAM
The developer: I don't know.

(the guy who did this is http://doumyakutosi.tumblr.com/)
>>
File: uplink-academic-database.jpg (456KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
uplink-academic-database.jpg
456KB, 2048x1536px
>>385393560
If the player decides to ignore the friends as much as possible he can flat out leave the club he is in and focus only on the hacking part of the game. If you have never played Uplink then it is basically a puzzle game that looks like pic related. The mini game will play allot like Uplink but with a few more mechanics and much more customizability. For example the player will be able to play music through an in game mp3 player, change the color scheme of the OS, and change the desktop wallpaper, in fact the game (if this is possible) will pull whatever wallpaper the player's computer is using and use it in game. The player will be able to purchase hardware upgrades and all sorts of NEET gear like triple monitor setups, weeb posters, gaming chairs, a new desk, new keyboards and mice, hell, even body pillows. I also think it would be cool to get a bare bones browser working in the in game OS so the player could shitpost while hacking.
The only way to get the most out of the hacking portion of the game is to not spend your time on the social sim aspect because, like persona, there is limited time in each day (that being said the player isn't limited on how much real world time they can spend on a task when they start it; you can spend as much time hacking as you want). Most players who focus on this aspect of the game alone and ignore most all the social stuff (besides your NEET neighbor, possibly) will be forced to choose option 1 or 2 at the end of the game; which pushes them into a plot about government conspiracy and exposing corruption. At the end of the game the player can leave D.C. when he finishes what is asked of him, he can refuse to join the group and die for his morals (though this would only happen if the player objected to their methods of thwarting government protected human trafficking), or join the group and gain access to a large database of world secrets: basically just pages of fake conspiracy shit the dev would make real as a reward
>>
thred ded?
>>
File: cb70c27ad109c7c7ee9941b279e30f3f.png (709KB, 957x1518px) Image search: [Google]
cb70c27ad109c7c7ee9941b279e30f3f.png
709KB, 957x1518px
I game where you play as a little girl who punches real good, in a world where everyone else is magical and shit.

The final boss will be a hayai monster who dodges your moves, but your special punch eventually faster than the speed of light, so your punch goes back in time and kills it from where it dodged.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.