[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The will never be a good MMORPG again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: epicmounts.png (879KB, 970x662px) Image search: [Google]
epicmounts.png
879KB, 970x662px
WoW was fun because no one knew what the fuck to do in the beginning. Everyone was just trying to not die to boars.

Back then, WoW was the closest to a "world" of Warcraft it has ever been. It was relatively unforgiving, you had to find and organize groups for dungeons yourself, and organizing a raid when you got to that level was a week of work.
You could actually die in the Deadmines whereas now you won't unless you make an active attempt to pull >70 creeps all by yourself.

If you were playing a night elf and wanted to play with the humans, dwarfs, and so on, you had to do the Nelf trial of valor by sneaking through the wetlands until you reached the dwarf zone without being rekt by horde fags macrospamming "kek".

Back then, the game allowed you to roleplay in the World of Warcraft. Now, with all this heirloom bullshit, automatic group finders, automatic teleporting back and forth between dungeons - the game holds your hand from level 1 to 100 or whatever they've reached now.
Not only that, but now that everyone knows how the game works and how MMORPGs work in general, combined with the handholding, the game has just become a constant grindfest where players try endlessly to maximize their XP gain each day.

There will never be a good MMORPG again.
>>
>>385365787
>WoW was fun because no one knew what the fuck to do in the beginning. Everyone was just trying to not die to boars.

you do realize that not everyone was as bad as you?
>>
>spamming LFG for 4 hours standing around in your capital doing nothing, before you could do a 3 hour dungeon was fun
No it wasn't.
>>
>wow
>good

fuck off with that casual shit. there were much better mmorpgs, the reason it got so popular was because it was more accessable.
>>
>>385366043
>but muh immershun
>>
>>385365787
>again
>>
BDO is kinda neat.
>>
>>385366090
>there were much better mmorgps
Such as? And don't say Warhammer: RoC, that shit was fucking putrid.
>>
File: 1497057704292.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497057704292.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>385366043
Oh I forgot that some faggot left halfway through and after looking for a replacement for half an hour the group disbanded.
>>
mfw /v/ has actusl nostalgia for the wrong parts of mmos now

>muh ffxi lfg 12 ywait wuz fun
>muh 2004 WoW catassing in town for 3 hours wuz fun
>muh 6-40 manparty wuz fun

its like none of you faggets ever played RO, UO, swg or mabinogi
>>
>>385366225
Hes probably talking about FF11.
>>
>>385366291
Yes and no, I enjoyed tbc the most personally. I did delve in to those games (including FF11) but old warcraft was something I enjoyed. Maybe I spent to much time in custom games in WC3.
>>
File: 1499923879322.jpg (248KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499923879322.jpg
248KB, 700x700px
>>385365787
tl;dr people lost their MMO innocence.

From the moment a game is launched, people will immediately throw themselves into wikifying everything about a game in order to most efficiently improve their characters.

t. someone who's been there
>>
>>385366043
BUT YOU WERE SOCIALIZING!
>>
File: asd.png (273KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
273KB, 640x464px
>>385366291
>its like none of you faggets ever played [these weeb-ass pieces of shit whose only merit lies in the fact that they're wapanese]

OK chris
>>
>>385366747
>spammin LFG in a channel, just to have a guy whisper "inv" is socializing now
I CANT BELIEVE GROUP FINDER ROBBED ME OF THIS MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE
>>
>>385366043
Yes it was, you would be in a group with your guildies or best wow mates, doing random crap while doing finding that last player for the run in the middle of the night.

I was in a relatively small guild, and only got ZG done with one group at the very end, we didn't get to see MC, BWL, Naxx or AQ.

But we still had a shitload of fun, there were times, especially during the very end of vanilla were it was frustrating to do alot of thing.

But finding groups, traveling to random weird places or doing a 10 man UBRS for the 50th time was not was not boring at all.
>>
I'm waiting on Lost Ark Online; it's probably never ever coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWSD9UN6qM
>>
>>385366043
>>385366125
>>385366287
>>385366747
t. People who played on low pop servers/Were autistic and anti-social. Actually, wait. How much are you all being paid?
>>
>>385367034
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1497057642546.png (221KB, 374x376px) Image search: [Google]
1497057642546.png
221KB, 374x376px
>>385367034
>How much are you all being paid?
>>
>>385367092
>[citation needed]

Not an argument.
>>
>>385365787
>Back then, the game allowed you to roleplay in the World of Warcraft. Now, with all this heirloom bullshit, automatic group finders, automatic teleporting back and forth between dungeons - the game holds your hand from level 1 to 100 or whatever they've reached now.

It's not even that. If you played a vanilla server right now, without ever knowing about WoW, it still wouldn't be the same. WoW was a polished diamond when it came out, not only was the game fun to play, it looked incredible and ran like nothing else at the time.
>>
I socialize with my guild while raiding and when we are playing other games. Maybe you guys should stop being shit and join a guild.
>>
Maybe in a decade when hardware has advanced enough to make fantastic MMO VR games the genre might make a big resurgence. There will always be a niche for MMORPGS though.
>>
>>385366287

g2g av popped
>>
>>385367034
aye your right, i remember having mates from real life who played on Low pop servers, or servers that turned into Russian/french/german hells, and they all had the same issues.
>>
>>385367583
Generally speaking, if you weren't a solo player these problems were almost non-existent unless you were on a very low pop server. For example I had a full friends list and an active guild. Everyone in my 10 man raid does as well. So this meme argument about having to wait 2 years is usually something I hear from people that read exaggerated complaints and are going on hearsay.

Yeah, the game had these problems but only if you were a solo player in an Massive Multiplayer Online Game and playing against the core design.
>>
>>385367268
it was alot of different stuff for alot of different people, i myself think it was the incredible atmosphere of the visuals and the soundtrack, then just add all the little details and subtle jokes that were hidden all over the place.

Then with BC, the humor became reddit tier with unfunny spelled out jokes like "Haris Pilton", Le leroy Jenkins and red shirt guy.

Along with that came the cringeworthy cutscenes, storylines and shit like that. (FOR MY SOOOOON)
>>
>>385368141
BC wasnt that much more cringe or silly than vanilla
>>
>>385368581
Maybe not, but it wasn't hidden as well, outland was smaller, with less hidden spots, so it felt in your face alot of the time.

Not saying BC was bad, it had some great stuff, and some less great stuff (ruining AV is the thing that especially comes to mind), but i enjoyed it almost to the end.
>>
>>385366903
RO is in one of the top MMOs of all time and if you disagree you're just a contrarian and never played the game at it's golden age
>>
>>385365787
>muh exceptionalism
wow had an extended beta period which people used to do things like build data aggregation plugins that linked into websites where anyone could look things up like quests and drop rates. perfect information was available at launch. guilds were getting banned for exploiting known glitches in molten core in like the first week of the game (they had been known in the beta and weren't fixed for release)
the shit tier casuals who couldn't even figure out how to look up information didn't flood wow until much later. you wouldn't know that since you're one of them
>>
>WoW was fun because no one knew what the fuck to do in the beginning.

It was a straight up casualised EQ clone, everyone knew what to do already
>>
>>385369487
EQ was never good
>>
>>385370095
Neither was WoW, so I don't see your point
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>385368141
>subtle jokes
>subtle
This board really does have the 'tism doesn't it?
>>
File: that journey feel.jpg (203KB, 416x380px) Image search: [Google]
that journey feel.jpg
203KB, 416x380px
>>385365787
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.