[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

What went wrong?
>>
>>385363729
I hit GM and then it got boring Tbh
>>
Normies realized it was boring.
>>
File: hanamura.jpg (43KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
hanamura.jpg
43KB, 480x465px
Competitive mode. Believe it or not the reason why TF2 succeeded was lighthearted gameplay.

Imitating TF2 without any of the charm and much more sterility and contained approach to the community.

Server browser added too late

Way to little skillcap to master on some heros; The mechanical skill is hardly there for half the roster.

I suppose there are more things i'm forgetting but that's the top of my head.
>>
File: tracer.jpg (75KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
tracer.jpg
75KB, 900x506px
not enough feet
>>
>>385363729
Nothing, seems to still be going strong I don't understand why and it makes me so mad to hear people talk about it
>>
Overwatch is pure fun if you ignore competitive and quick play and only play the many many arcade modes.
>>
Shit balance, not listening to players, making everything nerfed over time and unfun to play. They barely release content for the game outside of events "content" and skins.
>>
File: 1481679446206.jpg (3MB, 4321x5399px) Image search: [Google]
1481679446206.jpg
3MB, 4321x5399px
>only two full maps in the first 12 months
>three heroes, two of which didn't see much play for months
>six events in the same time

Not enough actual content. Since it's Blizzard you also don't know if the hero you enjoy playing will be randomly fucked by their "balancing".
>>
>>385365709
Fucking this.
6v6 elimination is amazingly fun and competitive on its own, without people really sperging over losing.
>>
map design is ass
>>
>>385365821
>not listening to players
The fuck they're not.
Roadhog was perfectly fucking fine without bronze shitters being all bitchy about him.
And no, I don't even use him.
>>
>>385363729
Not listening to the pro scene.
>we will balance it our way, if you can just wait 4 more months, because we have an image of every hero
>we want it to be both casual and competitive
>>
>>385364056
the sad thing is that overwatch is heavilly designed around everyone having an equal and fun time. all these baby blockers to make sure that everyone gets an ult or everyone can activate their cooldown and win a fight.
>>
>>385363729
it was released
>>
>>385366179
>tfw every A/D map can be summarized by
>1 courtyard attacking team holds immediately
>1 chokepoint
>2 side routes one that goes above the point the other meets the point or flanks the team ahead of the point

and then this repeats for the second point.
>>
>>385366304
>listening to the pro scene

yes because we need to make sure the highest level of skill should be taken into account with every character. And making sure to balance them according to that one scenario only.
>>
File: 1497475066761.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1497475066761.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>385366742
>have characters intended to be flankers
>have to go through main exit to flank
>>
>>385367085
its likely that a flanker would kill everyone then especially in 6 v 6s
>>
>>385363729
Each character is too limited, they are effectively reduced to a very niche role, most with only one gimmick and their Ultimate. Because of those limits, only the six or so most viable for each map have any presence whatsoever as they are the only ones that have the necessary synergy (or rather the elements to make a team that isn't crippled) to work together.
This goes beyond "balance". Those that are the most versatile, like Lucio, have a significant presence. Even if you nerf Lucio into the ground, he will STILL be a top pick because he can do a lot more than most other characters. Nearly all of the characters aren't fun to play, and the game fails at encouraging teamwork as the systems in place are extremely inflexible, and most matches hinge entirely on Ultimate usage.

Add on the forced style of "teamwork" (ie nobody is able to defend themselves by their lonesome so you have to group up into a big deathball to get anything done) and the forced eSports attitude with the Ranking crap, and it becomes a very hostile environment. The smallest bit of weakness in a team, and the whole thing falls apart, every little wannabe MLG Pro kid from Bronze to the top will start screaming in frustration at one another.

Every character needs more tools. A second weapon, alt-fires, more skills, more things on-hand (not alternate loadouts; everything at once) so each player can do more with their character and each character doesn't feel like a cripple. Removing Ultimates and reducing them to the level of normal skills would help to make the characters less one trick ponies, as well as actually make the "switching characters is a core part of Overwatch" true (because it fucking isn't, nobody switches, nobody is going to want to lose their Ultimate gain).
They especially need to trash the entire wannabe eSports bullshit that turns everyone into a piece of shit. Overwatch at its very core is designed WRONG.
>>
>>385367085
>Eichenwalde
>the only one who can flank is Tracer who needs to pop like 2 or all 3 dashes or Pharah who flies around the left side
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.