[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Geralto-san

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: wooden actor.jpg (36KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
wooden actor.jpg
36KB, 540x304px
The Witcher 3:
- Gameplay: Medicore
- Facial animations/voice acting: Mediocre/Good
- Storytelling and writing: Really good

I want Cyberpunk 2077 to be just as good as TW3, but I'm scared that CDPR will just shit out a generic 3rd person deus ex game because the only thing they had really going for them in the TW series was the storytelling, and they just took that from the books.

Unless they have a new set of good books to steal from, CP2007 is doomed. Thoughts?
>>
The gameplay is actually good. The word "gameplay" is a very abstract word because games like Tetris technically don't even have gameplay yet they're universally praised.
>>
>>385362163
>unless they have a new set of good books to steal from CP2077 is doomed
Good thing the source material are books.
>>
>>385362406
>Tetris doesn't have gameplay

Is this what the world has come to?
>>
>>385362163
>- Storytelling and writing: Really good
the story is the worst part of witcher 3 vanilla, by a fucking mile
jesus you fags are retarded
and this is coming from the biggest witcher fanboy on the block
>>
>>385362163
Gameplay was fine other than the shoddy movement. That is my biggest concern considerng cyberpunk landscapes tend to be full of clutter. It was bad enough trying to move Geralt in the witcher
>>
>>385362618
storytelling/writing can encompass other aspects of the game, not just the main quest. Plenty of side quests were top tier, and even some of those little notes scattered throughout those POI's were pretty fun to read.
>>
>>385362618
By fanboy do you mean the books too?
>>
>>385362406
I see your point. I specifically meant the mechanics in the game - they way you control movement, combat, menu navigation, stuff like that.

>>385362495
Isn't the source material just a pen-and-paper cyberpunk game made a thousand years ago?
>>
>>385362786
yes, that's why the main quest is so fucking awful
it would have been somewhat good if they had kept the original character motivations
as it stands, it's incredibly fucking generic where Emhyr and Eredin are the big bad evil dudes who want to destroy the world and kill your daughter. Eredin is the biggest retard ever in the game. CDPR fucked up massively with him.
>>
>>385362618
The Bloody Baron quest line presents a better story and more character development than the entire first half of TW2, get the fuck out of here you fake fanboi.

Besides, when talking about the storytelling in TW3 it's fair to assume that we're talking about the expansions as well, in which case your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>385362808
And that pen-and-paper cyberpunk game has a lot of lore info and supplementary books like most pen-and-paper games that are mildly popular.
>>
>>385363058
I am now less concerned.
>>
>>385363041
yeah, I said TW3 vanilla you stupid nigger, that doesn't include expansions, even though the story in B&W takes a full retard leap near the end because of its characters.

And by story I mean the main quest arc. Side quests are just side stories.
>>
File: sunn.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
sunn.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>385362406
>games like Tetris technically don't even have gameplay
>>
>>385362163
>facial animation
>medicore
sure faggot
>but much uncharted
>>
File: asd.png (273KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
273KB, 640x464px
>>385363225
So you are knowingly ignoring the good aspects of the game, as well as ignoring two good expansions for the game, so you can focus on the bad 10% of the main game in order to show that the game is bad?

How much did your fidget spinner cost?
>>
>>385363728
?
where did I say or imply the game was bad?
It's probably my favourite game of all time, up there with Deus Ex and MGS3. I'm afraid you're just reading too much into my posts and trying to attack me because of things I never said.
>>
>>385362163
>Facial animations/voice acting: Mediocre/Good
>>
File: 1466358521502.jpg (12KB, 208x147px) Image search: [Google]
1466358521502.jpg
12KB, 208x147px
>Facial animations/voice acting: Mediocre/Good

Was being a faggot your goal?
>>
File: 1487564201876.gif (1009KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1487564201876.gif
1009KB, 320x212px
>>385362163
>- Facial animations/voice acting: Mediocre/Good
>>
>>385365689
To be fair, Geralts voice actor has the worlds easiest job because Geralt isn't supposed to show any feeling because of >muh mutations

The fact that the source material is simple in nature does mean it's good.
>>
just finished the witcher 3 today

My ending, with a blind playthrough mind you:
Romance with Yen; Ciri becomes the rightful ruler of Nilfgaard

did I do good, lads? I was satisfied with it, felt like a good canon ending
>>
File: 1400123865802.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1400123865802.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Witcher 3 has good animati-
>>
File: 1501197027770.png (425KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1501197027770.png
425KB, 1080x1920px
Witcher 3 has good writi-
>>
>>385362918
Not reading the books, he seemed like a mindless brute who was on a linear mission to kill Ciri. Books go into it abit better? Give him some decent depth?
>>
>>385368838
I finished yesterday. Fucked around with triss and yen (knew what would happen) and ended up having Ciri fake her death and went on Witcher funtimes with Geralt. I was pretty happy with it
>>
>>385369473
hahahahahah!

this is great
>>
>>385370045
In the books Eredin doesn't want Ciri, but rather her child, who is supposed to be this elder God entity who controls everything, so eredin can save his people.

Emhyr also wants Ciri for her child, but to further his own goals.

Basically they both want to fuck/rape Ciri. That scene you see in TW3 of Eredin killing the previous Aen Elle king is him poisoning the King's drink which had tons of vicodin just before he was about to fuck the kidnapped Ciri.
>>
>>385368838
I actually played the game through one more time because I heard there was an ending where Ciri dies and Geralt isn't able to handle it, and I wanted to see what that would look like

Holy shit that ending was fucking heartbreaking
>>
>>385370316
I knew you could influence her fate in the end, although I didn't know how.
I really thought I had gotten the good ending with her becoming empress, but it appears it's the "bittersweet" ending. I'm fine with this ending anyway, guess that's what matters in the end.
>>
>>385370453
While that may have given the story a little more body, I can understand why CDPR chose to just have Ciri as the cute and hot Mary Sue who's the only person in the world that Geralt allows himself to care about
>>
>>385362690
>Gameplay was fine

I took my hands off my keyboard and mouse and just used one finger to click left mouse button as the game did everything for me. No its not fine its super dumbed down mediocre and repetitive. I'm sure it's FINE for gamers of no skill but I'm already bored of it and have no desire to play it.

There is something seriously wrong here.
>>
More like
>gameplay: absolute garbage
>facial animations/voice acting: who gives a fuck its not supposed to be a movie. Voice acting is atrocious across the board save for a few characters.
>storytelling and writing: generic fantasy shit about chosen one mary sue saving the universe
It had amazing graphics and waifus you could fuck, so you liked it for it. Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>385370762
I'm pretty sure the Empress ending is widely regarded as being the most "canon" ending.

While the witcher ending where Ciri lives and does Witcher stuff with Geralt is a nicer ending to watch, it doesn't make sense from a literary perspective. All that build up with Ciri making her own choices that the other Witchers wouldn't, all just to say "fuck it" and run around with Geralt
>>
>>385370949
>mouse and keyboard
There's your problem.
>>
>>385371140
>I literally cannot enjoy video games for any of their merits

I pity you, anon
>>
>>385362163
>facial animations
>mediocre
You wut?
Name me literally one game with facial animations as good or better as W3.
>>
>>385368838
Ciri going on wisher adventures with Geralt is more happy, but boy the ending with empress Ciri, the snowy white orchard, is so fucking comfy. Made me really sad we didn't have a pure snow region like that anywhere else in the game.
>>
>>385371362
Oh of course ! A mouse and keyboard is over kill for such a simple game.
>>
>>385370453
Wow, it's really like you didn't read the books at all. Eredin didn't want to fuck Ciri, just get her to his king.
Also Emhyr didn't want to further his goals either. He knew about the phrophecy that his daughters child would save the world and thus wanted tp impregnate her.

Nor is Emhyr some super evil fuck in the games. So it seems you didn't play W3 either.
>>
>>385371597
I know I can't, TW3 has the best facial animation and voice acting I've seen in a game yet - facial animation maybe barring Uncharted 4.

Nevertheless, you are kidding yourself if you thought every single piece of dialogue and every cutscene was perfectly acted.

For example, the clip in this thread where Geralt is beating the shit out of Whoreson Junior - that entire cutscene was just awkward to watch.

Given that it's good, but obviously not perfect, I don't think "mediocre/good" is an unfair grading.
>>
>>385362163
>Facial animations/voice acting
the facial animations are objectively the best ive seen in video games.
>>
File: 1467401016854.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1467401016854.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>385362406
>games like Tetris technically don't even have gameplay
>>
>>385372509
>>385371597
Wat, the animation is wooden and autistic-looking. Most triple A games shit in TW3 in this regard.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.