[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OP is tired of thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1388089785263.jpg (27KB, 237x181px) Image search: [Google]
1388089785263.jpg
27KB, 237x181px
What are some games that I can have a lot of fun with, without having to think about things like stats, builds, order of things etc?

Examples like Brutal Doom, D44M, etc are fine but I've probably played them all.
Bonus points: It's not an FPS
>>
>>385361701
Have you tried the new Hitman? You can do complex stuff, but I find it to be quite relaxing
>>
Genuinely, Diablo 3.
It's as braindead as it comes but still has the funnest, most kinetic combat in the genre.
>>
Shmups and Rouge-lites are your best bet. Play nuclear throne
>>
>>385361701
Play Crypt of the Necrodancer. The game is less about think and more about feel since you just don't have the time to think for too long.
>>
>>385362149
I can enjoy D3, I might get the Necromancer on sale, but honestly I always feel like it ends up being a chore of a grind for "good enough gear to do the fun stuff". I dunno.

>>385362175
Beat it
>>
>>385362054
Nah but I dunno if I'm much of a stealth guy. Stealth takes brain?

>>385362291
I'll check it out
>>
>>385362393
If you don't feel like paying, the GoG version shouldn't too hard to find.
>>
Katamari Damacy.

Crypt of the Necromancer is a great game, but I would argue it requires a DDR level of brain engagement
>>
Prototype, it's on PS4 now, you can pretty much upgrade your jump and glide to the max really early on, the movement is great, upgraded powers just get more fun, Hammertoss upgrade is a giggle, Musclemass instagib explodes infected and humans, Armor looks cool as fuck, jusr great fun wrecking whole crowds of fuckers.
>>
>>385362496
"The GoG version", heh. Nah I have an income.

>>385362542
>DDR level of brain engagement
Does this mean having to think, minmax and plan ahead, or just quick momentary thinking?
>>
>>385362149
The grind isn't fun, can't figure out the high level shit like that cube and dungeons and shit
>>
>>385362302
Enter the Gungeon is a little slow but you might like it. For a regular Shmup how about Ikaruga?
>>
any metal slug game
>>
>>385361701
I can't tell if you're saying you want the game to be challenging or not, but if you don't mind it being challenging play God Hand or Spelunky. Both are just good, pure fun. I've also been playing through the Yakuza games recently and they're very fun while not requiring you to be putting your all into them, except for when they decide to go really, really heavy on the cutscenes. Max Payne might not be a bad choice either, though it is a shooter, just not a first person one.
>>
>>385362579
Prototype was fun on PC back when it was new

>>385362797
>Enter the Gungeon
It was fun, was any new content added since aroud release week? Idk.

I'll have a looksee at Ikaruga
>>
>>385361701
Any modern open world RPG is forgiving enough
>>
>>385361701
I suppose you also like simple music like Pop or Rap?

Kill yourself plebian.
>>
>>385363015
Challenge in terms of mashing buttons for stylish shit on screen is fun. Challenge in terms of grinding hours on RNG to minmax/get THAT EXACT THING just sickens me, I'm so fucking tired of it.
>God Hand
>Spelunky
>Max Payne
They were fun. My brother has Yakuza 0 on PS4, looked sorta fun but sorta repetitive and waayyyy too much cutsceney.

>>385363036
Meh, the only one I've liked in recent years was FNV

>>385363127
I like all normie music. I emphasise on normie because the last time I just said "all music" I was linked to weird shit like static noise.
>>
>>385361701
Garry's Mod. Literally do whatever you want in that game.
>>
>>385363027
They patched a lot for better balance, and they added a new boss for each floor up to 4. That's about it really
>>
>>385361701
soldat
>>
>>385363664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-tgD-XzgQ
The music in Soldat was my jam... back in like 2010 when I played it
>>
>>385361701
GTAV is great with friends
>>
>>385363297
>Challenge in terms of mashing buttons for stylish shit on screen is fun. Challenge in terms of grinding hours on RNG to minmax/get THAT EXACT THING just sickens me, I'm so fucking tired of it.
>>God Hand
>>Spelunky
>>Max Payne
>They were fun. My brother has Yakuza 0 on PS4, looked sorta fun but sorta repetitive and waayyyy too much cutsceney.
You could try the game I posted, which is Barkley's Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. It's short, fun, easy and one of the few games that are actually funny, in my opinion. You should give Yakuza a go too, the cutscens can be a bit much, but the combat is fun despite being fairly mindless, which sounds like what you're looking for, and the abundance of side content keep it from being repititive, I found.
>>
>>385363909
>friends
You overestimate me

>>385364010
Eh, sports though?
Oh nah the side content wasn't that interesting to me, or rather, I played the minigames and also did some dart throwing and pool against my bro in multiplayer.
>>
>>385364209
>sports though?
Oh buddy it's not a sports game
>>
>>385361701
Try Blood-Over-. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>385362149
Pretty much any ARPG fits the bill
>>
>>385364209
>Eh, sports though?
It's not actually Barkley's Shut Up and Jam, it's a joke game, but has a fun combat system and great sidequests despite that. Imagine a standard JRPG like Final Fantasy or something except it's about a basketall related apocalypse instead and it's almost all played straight, that's what Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is like. The jokes aren't all basketball relayed either so don't worry about not getting them, my only major exposure to basketball is Space Jam and I still adore the game.

I would urge you to reconsider about Yakuza, at least if you're really bored and don't know what else to play. Even if some fo the minigames don't grab you, with the abundance of them there'd probably be one or two you'd enjoy, especially considering some of them can get pretty involved and have whole storylines going through them. Not to mention there being loads of sidequests, very often being really enjoyable. I'm not saying it's a must play, especially if you're already a but put off from what you've seen of it, but I think it's worth considering them, if nothing else.
>>
>>385361701
just cause 3 is the most mindless fun ive had with a modern game. bonus, the penalty for dying is being placed about 50 ft away from where you were with no loss of what you did outside of missions, and its a TPS
>>
>>385363036
>play skyrim
>end up keeping all my shit obessively sorted out in the house in whiterun
literally every time, way too stressful
>>
>>385366574
Play mage, collect mage items, wear mage robes only, respond to mage threads.
>>
>>385366574
be a murderhobo

also this >>385366857
>>
Resogun was the most fun I've had in a game for a while. Simple enough.
>>
Crash Bandicoot
>>
>>385361701
Rune Classic
Turok 1 & 2
Sin Episodes: Emergence
Jamestown
FEAR
Spelunky HD
Hotline Miami
Stepmania (with some animoo opening music pack)
Painkiller: Black Edition
Max Payne
Bejewelled 3 (not joking)
Dragon's Dogma (it has stats, but they don't matter - The combat is great!)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (same deal)
SMOD CSS Sci Fi 2 (if you can get it to work)
WGRealms 2
Wario Land 4
Super Mario 64
Spyro: Year of The Dragon
>>
Stardew Valley
>>
>>385367462
>>385361701
Adding:

>Dark Messiah of Might and Magick
>Intrusion 2
>Lugaru
>Super House of Dead Ninjas
>Nikujin
>We Want You!
>Zineth
>Hydorah
>Cube 2: Sauerbraten (play instagib with lots of noobs)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.