[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3033.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3033.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
I'd forgotten how many bullshit-impossible-to-find secret paths there are in these games. When I was a kid I had no idea how to get some of the gems. How were you supposed to work this stuff out before the internet? Did it feature in gaming magazines?
>>
>>385360864
>How were you supposed to work this stuff out before the internet?
We had internet. Wasn't good, but it was there
People just used strategy guides though
>>
>>385360864
I figured out everything as a kid. If you play a game enough you start experimenting, and sometimes you find secrets on accident.
>>
>>385361163
I never had any guides growing up. Having to body slam a specific Venus fly trap in one level to open a secret path in another level in another warp room is ridiculous.
>>
>>385360864
Everything is hinted at dude
>>
File: 1457242408108.jpg (57KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1457242408108.jpg
57KB, 548x546px
>Everyone whines about how N-Sane Trilogy "fucked up the physics"
>Boot up the original games I bought on PSN years ago when they were 99c
>Never played Crash 1 when I was younger but 100%'d 2 and Warped
>Decided to start with Crash 1
>Get to that first vertical level with the tribal dudes with shields
>Slightly touch him and go flying

lol

Are you sure you're not looking at these games with nostalgia glasses?

>Got to the first bridge and Crash 1 just isn't very fun
>Crash 2 is still fucking awesome
>Warped is still fucking awesome
>CTR is still fucking awesome
>Bash is kinda fun with friends
>Anything after is just awful

I remember getting Wrath of Cortex as my first PS2 game back when I was like 15/16, and holy shit it was such an eye-opener to me that it was possible for games to be fucking awful. That game wanted so desperately bad to be Warped 2 it's not even funny.

>Guys look we used the same music
>Guys look there's medieval and asian levels
>Look guys you can get powers, the same ones
>>
>>385362159
I thought Crash 1 was great in the remaster. Can't believe people were whining because it offered a bit of a challenge.
>>
>>385363928
Non-box hit detection aside, it's fair.
>>
>>385363928
Crash 1 feels really polished but, the pill shaped hitbox is a valid complaint honestly. It just seems really careless and lazy and things like that remind me that this is a VV game.
>>
>>385360864
Are they gonna remaster Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity? They're both really fun but suffered from a massive amount of cut content. Twinsanity in particular holds a really special place in my heart, but from all accounts they had to cut like half the game to meet their strict timeframe.
>>
Crash The Big Adventure and N.Tranced full realized as non-GBA games when?
>>
gamefaqs and cheat phone lines
>>
N.Brio our boi.
just kidding, everyone on /v/ is literally N.Gin.
>>
>>385365683
I want one of the Crash racing games.
I never grew up with a Playstation and everyone says they're pretty good.
>>
>>385366293
N.Brio makes the bandisluts though.
>>
>>385366402
I grew up with the Crash originals but never played the ctr games. My friend recently beat the game at my place over the course of a week and it looked generic as fuck. Very easy too.
>>
>>385365683
Never played Twinsanity. It looks so unlike Crash that it puts me off.
>>
>>385362159
Crash bandicoot 1 has a specific playstyle for me.
I can finish the high road dying only 5-10 times.
On N-Sane trilogy just getting to first checkpoint murdered me more than 30-40 times.

Just used the rope trick instead.
>>
>>385368797
I've never touched the N-Sane Trilogy, $40 isn't worth it just to play as Coco to me. I was talking about the PS1 classics.
>>
>>385362159
wrath of cortex was decent you dont know what a fucking awful game is.
>>
>>385360864
2 and 3 have bad and counterintuitive secrets, but I did manage to do Crash 1 completely blind without internet as a kid. But granted, it took an entire month or two of straight playing. Now with a chart, I platinumed Crash 1 in two days. As a kid you have a lot of time for useless crap. I remember staying up past midnight and actually found the teleporter on Bolton in Ratchet 2 (which activates for a minute at 4 am on your ps2 clock) and found the secret museum. I tried telling all the kids at school, but they thought I was trolling.
>>
Crash levels are basic as fuck so of course you're going to examine and experiment with things that dont make much sense like a wall covered in nitro for seemingly no reason or a lone platform that you can reach but not get back from.
The only secret exit in the entire trilogy that isn't hinted at in any way is Eggipus Rex in Crash 3.
As for secret boxes, yeah there are some absolutely shit ones like the off screen one in the Unbearable secret bonus in Crash 2. N-Sane Trilogy actually fixes a lot of these, especially since the lighting engine lets shit like that cast shadows.
>>
>>385369134
>Wrath of cortex was decent
Nah it was mediocre at best
>>
File: 1501089563125.png (1MB, 1067x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1501089563125.png
1MB, 1067x1045px
WOAH
>>
File: 111-75.jpg (86KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
111-75.jpg
86KB, 480x336px
>never had Crash 1 as kid, started with Crash 2
>playing Crash 1 for the first time through the trilogy
>those color gem levels

holy shit the level design is so different. I'm going to dread doing the relics
>>
>>385371280
I think this one's crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3rsRoXXOY

On others, as you say, there's some weird designs in some of the levels which suggestion there's an opportunity for hidden stuff.
>>
>>385373021
For my own sanity I decided not to do the relics. You can still 100% it without them. I couldn't imagine the frustration of doing Slippery Climb or Jaws of Darkness against the clock.
>>
>>385365683
The only thing I remember about Wrath of Cortex was meme vehicles practically every level and the loading screens.
>>
File: Coach 2.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Coach 2.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>385373426
I'm a completionfag and like going for platinum trophies, so I'm going for it regardless, but I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I literally just finished playing those levels. Jaws of Darkness I thought was fairly easily, but I'm not looking forward to Slippery Climb time trial at all.
>>
>>385360864
I just bought it, the only crash I played before was Warped as a kid and I loved it. What am I for?
>>
>a staircase made of nitro that doesn't even jump
>an entire room filled with nitro crates with no purpose in the eel deal
>a room with distant camera that is literally telling you to look around in hanging out
>floating platforms at the end of Bear Down just because
>a lone platform in hang eight that has conventionally placed crates next to it

yeah you're right OP, what were they thinking? just impossible.
>>
>>385372776
God dammit get your boner inducing fur shit off my board
>>
>>385373876
Good times. Crash 1 is the most challenging. It was always the hardest of the trilogy but it's been amped up further by the changes to the hitboxes and Crash's jumping. 2 and 3 have lots of gimmicky levels and make Crash 1 feel really old-school. It feels like every other level has you riding a polar bear or a tiger or has you running from a boulder.
>>
All of the Crash 2 secrets can be found with a little thinking.
The only bullshit secret is Eggipus Rex.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.