[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive ARMS discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 34

File: 61e.png (363KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
61e.png
363KB, 723x900px
Over a million copies sold, I know you guys are out there.

Post your
>main
>loadout
>best matchup
>worst matchup
>favorite glove to play with
>least favorite glove to play against
>favorite stage
>worst stage
>waifu
>>
>>385360170
is this a good game to buy to get into professional competitive gaming?
>>
>>385360545
it just came out and there is not even a definitive meta, but it's scheduled for EVO Japan, so time will tell the games success.
>>
Ribbon
Parasol, hydra, seekie
Mechanics
Other Ribbons
Seekie
Any standard boxing glove, dunno why
Spring stadium
Snekpark
>>
>>385362274
I've tried using seekie but I can't get the hang of it. Any tips?
>>
>Main
Springman
>Loadout
Toaster with Chakram mainly, with Homie for backup
>Best matchup
Ninjara
>Worst matchup
Ribbon girl
>Favourite glove
Chakram, since the stun leaves the opponent open for the second strike
>Least favourite against
Max Brass' granade glove, its so annoying
>Favourite stage
Ribbon Stadium, just for the music
>Worst stage
Twintelle's stage, the cars interupting your punches sucks
>Waifu
Min Min
>>
>>385360170
>>main
Byte n Barq
>>loadout
Seekie, Craker, Megaton
>>best matchup
Helix
>>worst matchup
Ribbongirl
>>favorite glove to play with
Seekie
>>least favorite glove to play against
Dragonbeam piece of shit
>>favorite stage
Springman's
>>worst stage
Ribbongirl's
>>waifu
Cory from Cory in the House
>>
So I actually really like the game and am a Helix main, but there are some things that annoy me. Firstly, grabs seem way too damn safe. If anyone can correct me on this one, I'm all ears. I have been having so many instances where I will side dodge a grab well in advance, go to punch, only to have the opponent have their arms retracted in time to defend themselves again. Is this just lag or do i need to have some hardcore reactions to even do this?

Also, levels with places where you can jump around and bounce upwards is too advantageous to more agile and mobile characters. Mostly Ribbon girl. Had a dude who was just double jumping off the springboards and now matter the set up, I just could get him up there. Very annoying.
>>
File: Twintelle's armpits!.jpg (86KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
Twintelle's armpits!.jpg
86KB, 650x920px
>>385360170
Spring Man
Toaster/Hydra (experimenting with this slot)/Tribolt
Master Mummy
Helix
Toaster/any other basic arm
Seeker/any other shit that explodes, wish they didn't add them to the game in the first place
Max Brass' stage
Twintelle, because she has normal arms, brown, /fit/, and sweaty smelly brown armpits and feet
>>
>>385360170
>Twintelle
>Parasol, Thunderbird, still picking a third but currently Ramram, usually use twin thunderbirds
>
>Spring Man
>thunderbird
>megawatt
>Ribbon Girl's stage
>Snake Park
>Twintelle

I have a thing for stylish confident adult women. I can't help it.
>>
Kid Cobra
Parasol, Hydra, Triblast
Master Mummy I guess
Twintelle
Nade or any of the standard gloves
Kablammer
Scrapyard
Buster Beach
Min Min I guess? None of the ARMS girls really stand out to me.
>>
>>385362950
I play Twintelle punishment style and I manage to punish grabs 9 times out of 10.
Instead of punching, try to side dodge and then grab them, since grabs seem to go faster. If you want to play punishment then make sure you keep personal and in their face about it. Instead of dodging, also consider sending out a one arm punch to deflect the grab and then sending out your other for a hit.
>>
File: 1500482179944.png (4KB, 303x243px) Image search: [Google]
1500482179944.png
4KB, 303x243px
>>385362545
When you are facing your opponent directly, throw the seekie to the right if its in the right arm or to the left if it is in the left arm. If you do that, the seekie will curve into the opponent, allowing it to evade incoming punches that could block it. But you have to make sure your not so far away that the opponent will see it coming or to clase to be hit by the explosion radius.
>>
>>385360170
Grab spamming Ninjara mains need to be purged from the face of the Earth
>>
File: IMG_3346.jpg (110KB, 720x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3346.jpg
110KB, 720x757px
>>385362819
>>
>>385363313
I went against some dude with moon letters and he mollywhopped my ass with Ninjara. But, he only grabbed twice and teleported once during the whole match. Shit had me rattled.
>>
File: Dk_thumbs_up.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
Dk_thumbs_up.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>385363162
okay, thanks for the tips anon
>>
>>385360545

Tbh that'll probably make it the best game to enter in with. It's brand new, not too many hurdles to jump through to get into it and understand it.
>>
>>385363724
What's your playstyle and loadout like? I can offer better suggestions.
>>
>>385360170
I'm pleasantly surprised to see this thread pick up traction, so I guess I'll answer my own questions.
>>main
Kid Cobra
>>loadout
Bubb/Ramram/???(Hydra by default, been testing different stuff though)
>>best matchup
Probably MinMin or any of the bulky characters, not that I ever see them.
>>worst matchup
Anyone competent with heavy or curved arms
Bubb, just feels natural, not a lot of bells and whistles to worry about
Tribolts can be pretty brutal, closely followed by heavies/whips as stated above
>>favorite stage
Sky Arena. Should be the default stage for competitive since it doesn't have any abusable features
>>worst stage
Ribbon ring because I always get caught on the boxes when I try to jump on them.
>>waifu
Mechanica, she needs more art.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sMHc1tslE
>>
>>385363786
I try to be more defensive and counter instead of more offensive strategies. I've had success with the blorbs and ice dragon. I like baiting an opponent to dodge the dragon and then use the other arm to hit in that direction. On the third slot, I rotate between popper, hydra, and thunderbird. Biggest thing I notice is that I save my rush attack way too fucking often. Often times, I'l have an opponent down to 1/4 of life left and figure it'd be best to save it for next round.
>>
File: 1468516964036.gif (520KB, 357x387px) Image search: [Google]
1468516964036.gif
520KB, 357x387px
More Twintelle please.
>>
>>385364397
It's good to wait to save a rush attack because it makes the opponent have to play more carefully. I never rush unless I'm almost guaranteed a hit. I like to bait out rushes while shielding and activate my rush into them, or shock them with thunderbirds first. Coming using the ice dragon while the opponent is blinded and then rushing. I don't recommend rushing while blind since most opponents will see through that; people typically start dodging as they expect a grab.
As far as defence goes, if you intend to punish for mistakes, make sure that you stick as close to them as possible if you want. I never ever punch first, so I understand about countering, but if you play defensive via keep-away, it's difficult to punish for grabs as your opponents can see it coming. It also helps to be aware of what arms they're using and how long their arms take to be ready to block.
>>
File: 1500908581869.jpg (3MB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
1500908581869.jpg
3MB, 2894x4093px
>main
Mechanica

>loadout
Coolerang / Boomerang / Cracker
Homie / Megaton
Blorb / Revolver

>best matchup
Grab spamming Ninjara and Ribbon Girls

>worst matchup
Twintelles and Kid Cobras

As of right now, I love Max Brass's default loadout of gloves.

They're all rad and give a satisfying feeling

Any of the birds, though that's only because I haven't spent enough time to learn their distance and arcs to get hits in.

>favorite stage
Mechanica's Stage

>worst stage
Byte & Barq's stage probably.

>waifu
Mechanica.
>>
>>385364397
not that anon but I can tell you that the only time to be conservative with your rush is when the timer is close to done and your rush doesn't look like it can KO. Maybe be cautious with Max brass in spring so you don't inadvertently give them perma charge, but other than those scenarios rush whenever you have a sure thing.
>>
>>385364790
>pic related
hnnnnnng
>>
Why didn't ARMS get amiibo? I mean no DLC bullshit is good, but I would've liked figures
>>
>>385365060
Probably would've been hard considering the character designs are all both rather detailed and have ridiculous coiled arms, would've been a bitch to make and they'd have to make one for every character whereas with splatoon they can get away with making a couple generic player characters, a squid and the squid sisters
>>
>>385360170
>>main
Twintelle

>>loadout
Chilla, Kablammer/Slamamander, Revolver

>>best matchup
>>worst matchup
Could be because I'm not that familiar with the meta, but thanks to everyone using different ARMS, I don't really think I have issues fighting any particular character. For me, it's not being adapt to my specific opponent

Chilla or any boxing glove ARM

Any electric glove

>>favorite stage
Mummy's or Min Min's

>>worst stage
Kid Cobra

>>waifu
Twintelle
>>
File: 1452859627063.png (100KB, 442x205px) Image search: [Google]
1452859627063.png
100KB, 442x205px
Why the fuck a list of the ARM's fucking speed don't exists?
>>
>>385365060
I'm angry
I just wanted the two best asses of gaming
twint and Mummy

Also, how the fuck do I counter Springaling's counter spam with Mummy?
Everything I do gets deflected and mummy is too slow to react.

>>385360170
>main

Mummy
>loadout

megaton, elec bird, 3verticalthing(I play in Italian so names are fucked up)
>best matchup

probably mechanica
>worst matchup

Spingaling
>waifu

Mechanica <3
>>
File: rapeface.jpg (54KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rapeface.jpg
54KB, 900x900px
>i beat a guy one match
>he beats me the next
>he instantly leaves
Finish the motherfucking set you stupid ass drone.
>>
>>385365525
Half of my gripe with this game is that because it's so new there isn't detailed frame data or tier lists.
>>
File: puf4XaK.jpg (95KB, 1808x889px) Image search: [Google]
puf4XaK.jpg
95KB, 1808x889px
>>385365060
Because the only time the "Neo-Mario Kart" team used amiibo was in MK8 and it was probably done only because they just came out and they needed games to be used in. On the other side, the Animal Crossing team have used amiibo in AC Amiibo Festival, Happy Home designer, New Leaf, Splatoon and Splatoon 2.

Based Yabuki for not putting In-Disk DLC
>>
>>385365732
Isn't this a good thing that the meta is building itself instead of relying on a previous game's guestimations?

Keeps competition fresh at least until established meta is determined.

>>385365525
Well if you look at the size of the gloves, you can get a good indicator of which arms are faster than others.
>>
does master mummy not flinch from anything? do this mean he cannot be stopped when doing a rush attack unless only grabbed? was playing one yesterday and read his rush attack with his megatons and figured I had enough time to punish. hit him but it didn't do shit.
>>
>>385365897
I just want to know a good set so I can learn to use it. When you go in blind it's hard to know whether you lost just because you're a shitter or if you just picked the wrong set of arms.
>>
>>385365554
Try to add pressure to Spring Man with Guardian pushed out halfway.
You may be able to get Springmen to take the guardian bait and hit em with your other arm.
>>
>>385366014
isn't that part of "super armor?" have you tried hitting with a charged shot?
>>
>>385366052
I suppose but isn't there fun in also learning that stuff yourself to build knowledge of the different strengths and weaknesses of each arm when compared to another arm?
>>
File: 1037.png (249KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1037.png
249KB, 358x358px
>There are people who play nintendo games competitively
>>
File: mechanica_arms_by_mya_0-dbarnib.png (1MB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
mechanica_arms_by_mya_0-dbarnib.png
1MB, 1024x759px
>>385366171
>There are people who play games competitively
>>
>>385365897
>Well if you look at the size of the gloves, you can get a good indicator of which arms are faster than others.
That don't help too much though, for example, I'm pretty sure that Roaster are slower than Toaster, because of the build-in of the Parasol is slower than gloves ARM's, and what is faster, RamRam or Coolerang? Etc etc
>>
>>385366146
not sure. didn't have a chance to play him again. he left right after the match. sucks too cause he was the only master mummy I played in ranked since launch.
>>
File: 1501025802933.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501025802933.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>385366171
>People play a game designed to be competitve competitively
>>
>>385366392
>get capture card or other recording materials
>go to vs mode and set AI to stationary/passive
>go through every arm and throw punches in different positions and directions
>analyze data
>>
File: 'kay.jpg (59KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
'kay.jpg
59KB, 293x364px
>>385366616
I actually would do that for this game if I had some way of record material
>>
I might give it another go again. I played it for a couple days, and then got kinda frustrated. Mainly with moving around and getting my punches to land where they need to.
>>
>>385367084
>Mainly with moving around and getting my punches to land where they need to.

I'm hovering around rank 14-15 and I still have trouble with this. My punch accuracy is like 33% and as far as movement I'm still trying to get out of the habit of jumping around since I've heard a lot about how being in the air is where you're most vulnerable, but I'm a kid cobra main and my movement options are limited unless I'm charged and jumping is the easiest way to enable that.
>>
Where you nigs at?

Currently rank 8, not very good but I'm at the point where if I lose I at least put up a fight.
>>
Which character do you guys think is gonna get the nendroid?

All big Nintendo franchises get them.
>>
>>385367525
Well, a lot of punches miss because enemies doesn't really stand still.
target practice is the best way to learn to curve punches.
Aim to have a full score at every round in order to get better aka punch all targets at the same time.
>>385367632
12, mostly because I don't play much.
winning ratio is stuck at 70% because I play super shitty and retarded combos in friendly matches
>>
File: 25%.png (341KB, 419x429px) Image search: [Google]
25%.png
341KB, 419x429px
>Buy game to main a waifu
>End up with a bro

Anyone know that feel?
>>
>>385360170
What are those things attached to her shoulders? I've seen ARMS. And those aren't ARMS.
>>
>>385368056
I really wanted to play mechanica, but in the end I got stuck with Mummy.
best ass tho
>>
Anyone here have any actual success on higher ranks with motion controls? I tried my damn best to do it, but used the regular controller method just to see and never looked back. It's obviously great you can curve punches and do wider grabs more easily with motion, but it feels like your movement capabilities go down the drain. With the regular control method, moving feels way way more natural and fluid. I'm currently sitting at rank 14.
>>
>>385368501
>but it feels like your movement capabilities go down the drain
How?
its still the same movement option.
You just need to get accustomed to it.
The biggest diference is that you can throw one punch and curve it in one direction WHILW moving in another.
With traditional control you're forced to go on the same direction you are curving you punch, so you get really predictable.
Most players use trad. so its really easy to anticipate their movement.
That allowed a trash tier char like mummy to help me reach rank 12 with an 80% win ratiothen i went to friendly matches ans only spammed retarded builds with random charsand dropped to 70
>>
>>385367771
Easily Spring Man. If the Twintelle Ass meme goes far enough, maybe her? I'd bet on Ribbon Girl getting the figure before her though
>>
HOLY SHIT IT WORKED IT WORKED!

I knew if continued making falseflagging shitpost threads about ARMS the community would eventually come out of the shadows. and now we finally have an ARMS thread started for genuine conversation WITH GENUINE CONVERSATION!

now if only I could find a god damn switch so I could contribute.
>>
>>385368056
If the competitive scene actually agrees on default ARMS to be the standard, I'll be playing bros
>>
>>385369036
>he doesn't have a switch
plebs aren't welcome in this thread
>>
I've always wondered: I started using Ribbon Girl and when you jump and hold the dash button, she'll instantly fall to the ground and have charged fists. Is that some special thing for her or do all characters do that to a degree?
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (22KB, 289x241px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
22KB, 289x241px
>>385360170

More importantly

Defaults or Customs for tourneys?
>>
>main
spring man (although sometimes twintelle)
>loadout
Chakram, Buff (no sparky+ or chilla+ yet), Cracker
>best matchup
Min Min or Max Brass
>worst matchup
Ribbon Girl or Ninjara
>favourite glove
Chakram, that small stun frame is so HECKING useful
>least favourite glove to play against
all the slapamander type ones, they move so fast and i cant seem to get the dodge down, luckily springmans deflect seems to work sometimes
>favourite stage
ramen bowl, super fun high ground low ground fights where both sides are evenly matched but with different playstyles
>worst stage
snake park sucks obviously and i dont like cinema deuc because the car jumps are a joke
>waifu
twintelle all the way babyyy
>>
>>385369468
Defaults are better for balance but nip monkeys run customs and the biggest upcoming tourney will be at EVO Japan next year.
>>
>>385369468
Do the upgrades ARMS you get for duplicates make that much of a difference? It might be easier to stick to the defaults if it does, like how customization worked in Smash.
>>
File: 1393376132780.jpg (210KB, 687x1323px) Image search: [Google]
1393376132780.jpg
210KB, 687x1323px
I would literally suck Yabuki's cock for ranked 2v2, where you could take someone from your friend list and partner up with them.

Playstation All-Stars did this and it was the funnest shit. I'm aware that I'm probably the only one who likes 2v2 though.
>>
>>385369468
With default you kill some characters, with custom you get OP combinations.

Custom with ban list.
>>
>>385369626

I hear the argument for defaults but I feel defaults just leave too many characters under utilized as is. Since Sol won 2GGC just about everyone and their mother wants to run springman. I don't see how that's different then double bubb being popular and if I had to choose I'd at least like the variety of sets from customs even if certain sets prove to be used way more often than others. It just seems like an entire part of the entire meta will be underutilized and overlooked with defaults only and tournaments will quickly go stale.
>>
I bought this game but I don't really like it, haven't touched it since Splatoon 2 came out
>>
File: 1497785116754.jpg (140KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497785116754.jpg
140KB, 679x1000px
How do you play MinMin optimally?
>>
>>385370149
Ok
>>
>>385369613 (me)

>>385362819
ayy nice one

>>385364790
i also really like mechanica she a cute and her slide is great for baiting attacks

>>385367632
5, only because ive been playing splatoon 2 (which isnt as good as arms) and i have only played ranked for 1 day because i thought id get my arse handed to me

>>385369468
i think they SHOULD do defaults, but theyll end up doing customs just because a few characters like master mummy and helix would be pretty obsolete since their defaults arent great

this is a really nice positive thread, im glad there are people that love this game as much as i do
>>
My switch is coming very soon, is this game for very casual play? Like a game or two when Splatoon or Mario Kart bore me?
>>
>>385369464
All characters charge when landing, but only RG can fast fall.
>>
File: 1500500195948.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1500500195948.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>385365653
>Get beat bad first round
>Lose second round but come very close, feel confident in the rematch
>He doesn't rematch
>>
>>385360170
over a million copies sold and all million of those dropped the game for Splatoon 2. The game's online is actually dead right now
>>
>>385370382
all depends if you find a decent opponent who will rematch you
>>
>>385370593
You can still get matches in the span of 30 to 60 seconds, its not dead yet. And the fact that there is new content coming will atract the ones that left for 2 days like with the Max Brass update.
>>
>>385370165
remember that without the dragon arm youre essentially just spring man, and use this to your advantage. a good strategy i find with her is to go for a charge to bait the enemy into hitting you, then jumping out of it and hitting them. another good one is to hold off on your left arm since usually a charged weapon will knock over an enemy, so with your left youll want something that doesnt knock them over. im pretty sure a charged chakram wont do it, although im not too sure. also, go into single player versus and practice your dodgeblocks, its a really underrated tool that min min has. just set the opponent to level 5 and health to inifinite and try it out. i havent been able to get it down but mainly because i havent played min min in a while. im not great at arms but i hope my advice helped
>>
Ramram or Slamamander for Cobra?
>>
>>385360170
>got hyped for arms just before release
>cave and buy it after a week
>want to learn before going online so I just do the story tournaments
>only have time to play while shitting
>been ramping up the difficulty each time I finish one and picking a different character

I'm on level 4. Maybe one day I'll play when I'm not on the toilet.
>>
File: tears.jpg (4KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
4KB, 256x197px
>>385371659

>Nintendo Switch the first home console you can play while taking a shit.

My only question is why did it take so long?
>>
You could do it with some Wii U games with too. I remember doing it with MK8 in 2014, and damn does it feel good to do it againn
>>
>>385372178
Whoops, meant to reply to >>385371882
>>
>>385360170
>Ribbon Girl
>Buff/Slapamander/Parasol (seekies for party)
>obviously the heavies
>Helix and KC
>Standard glove arms, slapamander+seekie combo
>Hydra spam, reason I carry parasol
>Ribbon Ring, Scrapyard, ARMS lab, Twintelle stage
>Snake Park if my opponent gets on the board
>Twintelle
>>
>>385369468
Defaults so Helix players can be gimped. I kid. Default for offline, customs for online.

>>385374690
I forgot to add fuck MinMin with ramram dragon arm. Bad enough that it has perma-charge but it gets max size too. And KC basically being a ground version of RG but with huge arm girth.
>>
>>385374690
what Cobras give you problems?
>>
>>385360170
ARMS 2 will have good sales like Splatoon 2
>>
I've played this game for 15 minutes. I regret buying it. How do I get into it if I don't ever play with anybody at my place? I work 80 hour weeks
>>
>>385375441
Overly aggressive ones.
>>
Where are the sonniggers ?
Apologize !
>>
>>385375263
>Defaults so Helix players can be gimped.

I unironically support this.

Fuck that retard and the "lololololol im so random xD" shitheads who play him.
>>
>>385360545
No. I love the game but no. It's going to have probably a bit more competitive showings than pokken but that's not saying much.
>>
>>385370548
That’s how you can tell someone’s a bitch. They don’t wanna chance that reup and lose. ...or real life happened.
>>
4736-7102-4713

Lobby?
>>
>>385375643
Find coworkers who like vidya and bring it there to challenge them.

I play multiplayer games with my supervisor during breaks and lunches and sometimes it brings in crowds to watch.
>>
>>385376531
i'm a dr (resident), all my coworkers have gfs or wives or families and I just broke up with mine. is the online worth
>>
>>385376272
sure, I'm game. how do I join? I tried adding you but it didn't work
>>
>>385376613
What, are you just playing single-player?

It's a good way to get practice if you're fighting level 3 and up computers in the Arcade Mode.

However, much of the fun will be found in Party Mode or Ranked Mode (only playable after beating at least level 4 Arcade mode to prove you're good enough to at least get by).
>>
>>385376637
I accepted the request. Going to start a lobby. Nintendo should just let us make rooms instead of going through this FC crap.
>>
>>385376760
i've only played single player, yea. I got splatoon 2 and have been having a lot more fun with that

I think I may start playing a few matches against high level computers to wind down. the motion controls are fun, I guess I just got it when worked ramped up and it just didn't feel right
>>
>>385376908
You could also opt for a more classical control scheme if you throw the joycons into the shell or have a pro controller.

That's how I play and it fits like a glove, using L and R buttons to swing arms, pressing y to dash, x to jump and clicking in the stick to guard.
>>
>>385375793
>Wanting Niggers to ruin a nice discussion thread
Lets just talk while they are busy shitting Splat2n
>>
>>385360170
>main
DNA boy

>loadout
Chillia/Sparky
Slapamander
Megaton

>best matchup
I seem to consistently crush Barq and Byte nerds

>worst matchup
Ribbon Slut

Megaton

Any bird variation

>favorite stage
Sky Arena

>worst stage
Kid cobra's stage, obviously

>waifu
Mechanica, the objectively best wife
>>
File: minmin summer.jpg (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
minmin summer.jpg
1MB, 1200x1697px
>>385360170
>>main
Kid Cobra
>>loadout
Slapamander
Hydra
Hammer
>>best matchup
Usually heavies like Mummy or Mechanica
>>worst matchup
Twintelles
Hydra
Other slapamanders
>>favorite stage
Tie between Springman and Max Brass' stadium
>>worst stage
Cinema
>>waifu
Minmin of course
>>
>>385376885
sorry I'm being such a scrub rn
>>
>>385377621
We had close matches. You're no scrub. If you want we could do party mode together.
>>
>>385378129
I appreciate it, but half of them weren't close, you bodied me dude. Any tips on how to improve my game?
>>
File: 1492041434669.png (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492041434669.png
33KB, 500x500px
>>385378194
Definitely play more aggressive. KC's ground dashes are good for aggressive play. Don't play the long range game with RG, that's where she excels.
>>
>>385378521
sorry if I sound retarded, but how exactly do you play aggressive? Does that just mean get close and wail on you?
>>
>>385378790
Yes, close the distance. Especially with hydras it's a pain for RG.
>>
>>385360170

>Competitive ARMS discussion
>>
>>385379035
thanks for the advice. I'm done for tonight, but hopefully we can do more lobbies with more players when the /vg/ threads get going again
>>
I haven't played a whole lot but I like Master Mummy. are you basically kind of fucked if you can't play tilt control mode though? I feel like the standard controller format is a little clunky but punching for any period of time is tiring
>>
>>385379185
>when the /vg/ threads get going again

I kind of doubt it but that would be nice.
>>
>>385379514
A lot of the current top players use standard controls. It's not like Splatoon where not using motion gimps you hugely.
>>
>>385376613

Also I'd say find a group to play with. If you just play on your own with no one to talk about your frustrations with you'll quickly never want to play again. Especially considering fighting games, the albeit small ARMS community is full of pretty cool folks who have all been there with how ridiculously demanding this game can be and will make playing and getting better more fun.

The game had a funny way of weeding toxic people out with it's difficulty curve.
>>
ARMS stream Kid Cobra players vs Byte and Barq players if anyone is interested

jay_nite on twitch

the announcer is kinda lame though
>>
>>385379514
I only use motion controls but I haven't touched ranked yet, I can do level 5 with all characters though. Standard controls feel awkward as fuck to me.
>>
>>385381148
yeah the CPU fucks me up bad, also I end up sore as fuck the next day if I play too much
>>
>>385381220
That goes away with exercise and repetition but I definitely had some sore arms when I first got the game.
>>
>>385381393
Oh I know it's an exercise thing as I go to the gym fairly regularly but really unless you actively train for boxing it's going to be rough
>>
Even the non general thread dies.
>>
>>385360170
>competitive arms

smash fags need to leave and go back to their party game
>>
Does anyone else feel like the game would be more interesting if punches were shorter-ranged in general, and characters had different ranges? Then you could play footsies at the edge of your opponent's range.
>>
>>385384034
I feel like I want my girl Ribbon in Sma5h
>>
>>385384034

I'm not sure if that'd be more interesting for the whole game, but that could be fun for a party mode
>>
File: 1497398046416.png (188KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497398046416.png
188KB, 500x500px
>>385360170
>main
All barq, all byte, for now. Still new to the game
>loadout
Buff, hydra, tentative but I would like a heavy arm to fill the spot
>best matchup
Mechanica
>worst matchup
Ribbon girl
Buff, it's so reliable
Double slap, it's annoying to deal with
>favorite stage
Sky Arena
>worst stage
Snake park
>>
>>385384034
>characters had different ranges?
That's honestly not a bad idea but I think the general range is fine as is except for stages like cinema deux.
>>
>>385385774

I think if ARM speeds were more apparent it'd be fine. and not just speed in attack but in retraction as well. I know the plus ARMS can make some ARMS retract faster but it seems so many of them do at a similar pace it's not as pronounced an spect of the game
>>
>>385379060
I can't believe anyone seriously believes this game will have any comp scene at all. Probably the same people that think SB is a fighting game.

Yes, I do own the game, it is fun but it will never be an e-sport.
>>
>>385386495

He said he has it so it must be true. Guess we can't debate him.
>>
>>385386495
You aren't one of those people who think the genre classification of "fighting game" has anything to do with depth, are you?
>>
>135 / 31 / 43 / 1
>>
>>385387086
Yes?
>>
>>385387257

I imagine he's implying these are not satisfactory levels for a thread.
>>
>>385369792
>>
>Main
Boioioioing
>Loadout
Hydra/Roasties (toasters if i'm frustrated and just want to hit)/Megatons
>best matchup
Literally everyone sucks to fight, but Twintelles who don't know how to use the time slow and ANY characters trying to abuse parasols are usually free wins for me.
>Worst Matchup
A good MinMin is literally hell. ESPECIALLY if they have a Thunderbird in their dragon arm
>Favorite Glove
Roastie or Toaster
>Least favorite glove to play agaisnst
THUNDERBIRD AND RAMRAM, I cannot emphasize how much I hate fighting either of these arms
>Favorite stage
Tie: Buster Beach or Scrapyard
>Worst stage
Ninja College and sometimes Spring Arena
>Waifu
Max Brass

It's nice not having to hide how much I like this game anymore.
>>
>>385369792
Ranked 2v2

Somebody PLEASE tell Yabuki. I need this. I need this more than anything.
>>
Somebody like this guy with wire themed arms please, thank you
>>
File: mm80.jpg (385KB, 1330x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mm80.jpg
385KB, 1330x1000px
Minmin's feet!
>>
>>385390353

>dead leaves
my ultimate nigger. Now I want a Dead Leaves style animated movie in the ARMS universe
>>
>>385390353

Damn that looks cool where is this from? I may want to get into it
>>
>>385390190
Only if I'm not fucking attached to my partner.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.