[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent Hill Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

What's your favorite game?
What is the most underrated?
What is the worst?
What would you like to see in the next game?
>>
SH3
Homecoming
Downpour
Open world with day/night cycle and random otherworld transition
>>
File: sh2g.jpg (83KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
sh2g.jpg
83KB, 1024x568px
>>385351394
SH2
I think they are all rated about right.
Homecoming
Please don't make anymore.
>>
File: listen here bun.png (358KB, 539x531px) Image search: [Google]
listen here bun.png
358KB, 539x531px
>>385351394
>Fav
SH1. Set the bar for atmosphere, isolation and mystery for vidya in general for me.
>Underrated
SM and The Room both genuinely tried new things I haven't seen elsewhere in vidya since then, they deserve some credit.
>Worst
That recent RPG-ish one is apparently garbage.
>See in next game
Attempting an original "theme" that doesn't copy the first trilogy (i.e. 1's was parenthood/idolization, 2's was acceptance/guilt, 3's was obligation/vengeance) whilst having the same feel of mystery, unpredictable desperation and "detachment" from the real world but still having some substance and soul. Maybe a bit of HC's dodging to make combat fun too, just don't try too hard with monster designs like HC did please. Try new things with the arsenal as well, without going full-CoD/Fallout (unlockables-aside).
>>
File: eddie pizza.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eddie pizza.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>
2=3>1>4=Downpour>SM>Origins>Homecoming>Book of Memories
>>
File: 1481530495021.jpg (47KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1481530495021.jpg
47KB, 500x667px
>>385351394
>What's your favorite game?
3 for atmosphere and horror, 2 for story and mood.
>What is the most underrated?
Origins. The SH1 prequel shit was absolute garbage but everything about Travis' personal demons was pretty worthy of Silent Hill.
>What is the worst?
Homecoming.
>What would you like to see in the next game?
For the series to be allowed to rest in peace.
>>
File: absolute legend.png (643KB, 1805x898px) Image search: [Google]
absolute legend.png
643KB, 1805x898px
>>385351394
SH3
SH1
>What is the worst?
Homecoming
No more ripping off SH2
>>
What next game? What the fuck are you guys talking about?
>>
File: heather.jpg (72KB, 1152x694px) Image search: [Google]
heather.jpg
72KB, 1152x694px
>>385351394
2, 1 is a close second though
Most underrated is probably Shattered Memories, enough people know that The Room is great but SM is eclipsed by how shit every other western SH is (SM still aint great though).
Worst is easily Book of Memories, if that doesn't count then Homecoming.
>>
File: b2d.gif (423KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
b2d.gif
423KB, 540x304px
>tfw played through Silent Hill 1-4 but still can't watch the movies

At least in the games you can defend yourself...
>>
>>385351394
SH2.
I think SH1 because me and many other new silent hill fans just over look it because it's a PS1 game.
Homecoming is the only western game I played so that.
Less cult or "The Order" stuff because I don't find it that scary.
>>
>>385355145
Even the second one ?
>>
>>385351394
you might want to use the Catalog next time:

>>385345747
>>
>>385351394
>the gachapon machine
>the gachapon machine
>Downpour
>more gachapon
>>
File: 1476661715520.jpg (298KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1476661715520.jpg
298KB, 500x700px
>>385351394
SH2
Downpour
>What is the worst?
Homecoming
I no longer have any hope of anymore Silent Hill. Maybe that is for the best.
>>
>>385355145
The first film is okay-ish. Not super scary, but very atmospheric and true to the feel of the games. The second film is genuinely awful and wouldn't scare anyone.
>>
>>385351394
Best is 3, arcade is the most underrated, Homecoming is the worst, I don't want another game.
>>
>>385356132
>and true to the feel of the games
bruh...
>>
>>385351394
Favorite: Obligatory SH2 answer since it was the first one I played
Under appreciated: Shattered Memories since it took the original game in a new direction that I liked, and for being the only decent western developed game
Worst: Homecoming by far, just a terrible piece of garbage focusing on combat that only had a handful of decent enemy designs
New thing: Honestly I just want the series to end, Konami isn't going to do anything good with it. If Team Silent got their hands on the IP and could do literally anything, I'd like to see a game where you play as a member of the Cult. Maybe they would try to escape after seeing something and enter the fog world knowing exactly how it worked and tried to manipulate it to their advantage
>>
>>385354363
Why do you rate Downpour relatively high? I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm genuinely curious since I thought it was steaming garbage. I otherwise agree with your list
>>
>>385357152
Because if someone put a gun to my head and ordered me to replay a silent hill made after 3 I would pick downpour. Downpour is just mediocre all around, it did nothing that activly pissed me off, something I can't say about any of the other post 3 silent hills. I genuinely liked a few parts of it(The stage show, the interplay with Cunningham, when you appear as his boogeyman.) Every other game has some huge fucking flaw.
>>
>>385354656
>3 for atmosphere
>2 for mood
Oh?
What's the difference between atmosphere and mood?
>>
>turn on the elevator in SH1's Hospital
>go to the second floor
>shit's jammed
>go to the third floor
>shit's jammed
>puzzled, go back to the first floor
>get out of the elevator
>realize something's up, go back in
>mfw no face
Got me good desu.
>>
>>385356132
I just hate watching people get slaughtered in horror movies, it's even worse when they are based on video games and you know they could escape with their lives if only they had a lead pipe or something like in the games.
>>
>>385358786
mood might have been the wrong word, I should have said tone. I prefer the atmosphere of 3's environment more, but I like the general bleak tone of 2 more.
>>
>>385359512
Yeah, I can see that.
>>
>>385351394
>next game
kek
>>
File: MichelleSinging.png (579KB, 610x800px) Image search: [Google]
MichelleSinging.png
579KB, 610x800px
>Favorite
Silent Hill 2
>Most Underrated
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
>Worst
Silent Hill Book of Memories
I would prefer there not be a next game.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.