[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how “open“ is this game really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 42

File: 2985834-l (1).jpg (55KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
2985834-l (1).jpg
55KB, 476x600px
how “open“ is this game really?
>>
About as open as my sister
>>
File: Noctis_and_Luna_Altissia.jpg (259KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Noctis_and_Luna_Altissia.jpg
259KB, 1200x1697px
>>385349780
>how “open“ is this game really?

Not open at all.

It's a linear, one way street to proving yourself to the Gods, ascending the throne and cleansing the world of darkness.

It's not an rpg, it's an ascension to glory simulator. Also fishing.
>>
>>385349780

see that mountain?
You can go there
>>
>>385349780
the map is huge but empty. Like MGS5. and just like MGS5 the plot advances when you go specific areas on the map.

Only one real city, everything else is like a small gas station or tourist attraction.
>>
>>385350768

So gaping?
>>
>>385352032
>see that mountain?
>You can go there

stfu howard. no one want's to go to the fucking mountain.

a King's path leads only to his throne. a King's duty leads only to glory.
>>
>>385352174
that one city is pretty void of meaningful or interesting things to do, too. pretty disappointing
>>
File: Insomnia-Sunrise-FFXV.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Insomnia-Sunrise-FFXV.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385349780
You see that city?
You can explore it.
>>
>>385354042
only in a CGI movie you have to pay for
>>
See that mountain?
You can kill it
>>
>10 posts
>1 serious reply

Nice job answering OP's question faggots
>>
>>385355024
Are you my mommy?
>>
>>385355024
You want a serious answer you go to a dedicated forum for said game.
When you're here you kinda have to be ready to receive nothing but scrutiny.
Serious answers will come but not without a shit storm.
>>
>>385349780

It's the worst FF, don't even bother. And yes, I know 13 exists, but at least it was a complete game when it released.
>>
1st half is open world but pretty linear as in there are lots of parts you can't go to for various reasons. 2nd part is very linear.

The game really only opens up after you have finished it and got the aircraft Regalia. Then it's as open as your average open world game except FF XV has tons and tons of post game content.
>>
>>385349780
Easily the most linear game to ever be shat out of Squeenix's asshole.
>>
>>385355024
I see 2 serious replies
>>385351972
>>385352174

>>385355239
>and got the aircraft Regalia
that controls like shit. If you don't land perfectly, you die.
>>
>Easily the most linear game to ever be shat out of Squeenix's asshole.
Someone hasn't played 13
>>
>>385349780
>Game jerks itself off over how sexy the car is and how you can customize it
>Has the movement of a mine cart

That's how open it is
>>
>>385349780
For two thirds of the game its about side quests, dungeons, and "driving" in an open world. Then it's a dump of lore and becomes a linear experience. You have to like the gameplay to enjoy the game.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (116KB, 579x718px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
116KB, 579x718px
>>385355332
>If you don't land perfectly, you die.

I have some spoilers for you.
>>
>>385355024
Not entitled to an answer
>>
File: 08.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
The photograph system is the best thing to ever come out of a game and it's a shame it'll never be used again
>>
>>385355332
>that controls like shit. If you don't land perfectly, you die

Gid gud faggot. Type F Regalia is easily one of the best things about FF XV. It's cooI as shit when it takes off and it's surprisingly satisfying to land. I love the fact that they really pushed for the "fantasy based on reality" meme and made everything feel belivable including the fact that no sane person would drive a premium sedan car in a fucking desert.
>>
>>385355641
>I have some spoilers for you.

did they patch that shit?
>>
>>385355024
>Nice job answering OP's question faggots

But it really is linear. Noctis new all along what was going to happen because Luna had told him when they were kids
>>
>>385349780
Haven't played since the game came out and I know that they added off road, but I don't know if you get that right off the back now.

But from what I remember, you can pretty much explore the world fairly early in the game.The only thing is that there's not much to see out there
>>
>>385355823
>Type F Regalia is easily one of the best things about FF XV.

and that's sad when a flying car with shit landing is one of the "best" things about this game

>and it's surprisingly satisfying to land.
if you can land it without turning into a fireball
>>
>>385355892
>did they patch that shit?

(end game spoiler)

No I meant spoilers metaphorically. Since you die either way
>>
File: man is oblivious to the fact....jpg (42KB, 332x376px) Image search: [Google]
man is oblivious to the fact....jpg
42KB, 332x376px
>>385349780
The first half of the game is open, but the second one, after you go to Altissia, it becomes a hallway. It was better than I expected, but I haven't had the urge to pick it up after I finished it and I still have a shitload of stuff to do in it.

It even had some twists that came out of nowhere, though they happened way too late.
>>
>>385355024
How about you kill yourself, XVcuck.
>>
>>385356070
Boy you suck at driving
>>
>>385355178
I've never played Final Fantasy 13, so I don't know how bad it is. I do agree with this guy that Final Fantasy 15 feels like an incomplete game.
>>
>>385356185
trying to land a flying car is not something you learn in driver's ed
>>
>>385354879
>See that mountain?
>You can kill it

stfu howard. no one want's to kill the fucking mountain.

a King's road leads only to his nemesis. a King's task has no room for mercy.
>>
The game was overly reliant on out-of-game materials to fill in plot, character motivations, and world background. The open world area you get is kind of a boring wasteland compared to other areas which look cooler but you can't explore, so you're kind of fucked there. Also, since equipment is all the same boring shit you're pretty much just getting the same stuff from every side quest anyway. There's only like two boss fights that actually make the combat system feel well-used (Aranea Highwind and Ifrit) and the others are underwhelming. Also there's only like four bosses or some shit in the whole game anyway.
>>
>>385349780
The map works like older GTA where you unlock the rest of the map by playing the story.
>>
>>385356371
Baby boy there is only one King, and that is me!
The road of the king is to defeat the strongests of all and his battles has to be entertaining
>>
>>385356532
>Aranea Highwind
that was a fun fight if you warp strike her while she was in the air and the shit goes all DBZ. Too bad its still Holding O/R2 at that point
>>
File: 1493101938988.jpg (108KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1493101938988.jpg
108KB, 750x1334px
>>385355809
Prompto's photos are a highlight of FFXV, for better or worse.
>>
File: Spot the Noct.jpg (83KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spot the Noct.jpg
83KB, 1920x1080px
>>385356763
>>
>>385356070
>decrease speed and lower altitude appropriately
>make sure there are no obstacles or vehicles on your predicted landing trajectory
>press X engage landing mode
>just correct trajectory as you slowly land

I will concede that the car has a tendency to break windows easily unless you are very gentle but generally speaking unless you are trying to land at night in poorly lit area during night time you shouldn't turn into a fireball.
>>
File: Picture_.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>385356763
yeah

The Gantealia photo that gave me the trophy didn't even have her in it
>>
>>385356925
I did all of that, was slightly off course, somehow broke a fucking wing, and got my FIRST AND ONLY GAME OVER of the game.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_5_logo_wallpaper.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_5_logo_wallpaper.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
Almost finished with RE5, my first RE game. It's pretty solid all around. Where does it rank on the RE list so I know whether to be disappointed or not for my next game in the series.

Irving was a cheesy border line campy villain but blowing brains out of niggs bas been fun.
>>
>>385349780
I dropped this garbage when I saw what they did to the magic. Absolutely fucking unacceptable for a FF game
>>
It's a comfy simulator. Flawed or not, the first 8 chapters of this game were comfy incarnate.
>>
>>385357474
it felt like a fucking roadtrip with a frat party
>>
>>385357474
Fuck off with this "comfy" horseshit
>>
File: IMG_8579.gif (3MB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8579.gif
3MB, 300x258px
>mfw 700,000 EXP x3
This shit is retarded, but I like the game and its "universe". The combat actually got fun once I stopped thinking (ironically) and just let it flow. The world is pretty much just a painting for you to look at and take pictures of, exploring is not inherently a highlight. It feels very much like a 3D adaption of Final Fantasy I-VI.

8/10, pretty gud.
>>
>>385357069
Are you sure you didn't hit a lampshade or something? Were you trying to correct trajectory at the last moment maybe?

I spent 130 hours in the game and flew everytime I could and after getting mad a couple of times at the beginning I ended up "getting it". I managed to sucessfully land in the Pitioss dungeon area pretty much every time I went there and I went there at night a couple of times.
>>
>>385356532
>The game was overly reliant on out-of-game materials
This is my main problem with this game.
It tried to copy FF7s' big library of shit that covers games, movies and series.
Only problem is FF7 established its world and characters with the game before releasing all that crap.
While in FF15 you have no fucking clue why you should care about any of those fuckboys or the world if you only play the game.
The best part was buying all the soundtracks for the car.
>>
>haven't touched it yet and waiting for the complete edition
>have no faith in it as the previous tabata games I've played (CC, 3B, and Type-0) all have mediocre or terrible gameplay
>>
>>385357579
>Are you sure you didn't hit a lampshade or something?
Nope

>Were you trying to correct trajectory at the last moment maybe?
Probably. Who cares, I flew the car, got the trophy, and then ran around for like an hour for that last trophy and then deleted the game
>>
>>385357474
The chapters fly by too fast, till you get to Chapter 13, then that feels like forever. Everything thing else us a fetch quest or monster hunt. Also driving around in the car gets old really fast.

The side quests you get from camping were pretty cool, but they're not very long or many of them
>>
>>385357759
You're probably going to be waiting a while
>>
File: Minato Lucis Caelum.gif (1010KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
Minato Lucis Caelum.gif
1010KB, 500x285px
>>385356532
>There's only like two boss fights that actually make the combat system feel well-used

There was a third battle against Tobi
>>
>>385358031
I'm in no rush to buy it now so I'm ok with that
>>
File: IMG_9584.jpg (145KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9584.jpg
145KB, 2048x2048px
Are you supposed to/Can you get all the Royal Arms before going to Altissa?
>>
>>385357759
>for the complete edition

actually that might be a nice idea: Square or Tabata (or both) had the retarded idea to make DLC of stuff cut right from the game. leaving people rightfully feeling that there could have been more story explaining arcs.
>>
>>385357593
I've been replaying FF 7 for the 1st time after I played it originally when I got a PS1 in 1999.

I'm kind of curious why it's such a huge classic among pretty much everyone

The game isn't bad but it has plenty of strange shit, some stuff that won't be allowed nowadays and generally speaking the game has lot of these annoying minor things like random encounters and save points that have disappeared with time.

Why are all the nu-males, gamer girls, gaming "journalists" and literal faggots crazy about it?
>>
>>385354879
>kill the Adamantoise
>there's no giant crater where it was, instead it just resets itself
>>
>>385358230
>Are you supposed to/Can you get all the Royal Arms before going to Altissa?

you can not.
There are at least three that can only be acquired after going there:
*the mandatory royal arm in the swamp place
*the one Shiva gives you on the train
*the one you pick off of Ravus' dead body after he died off screen
>>
>>385358267
>had the retarded idea to make DLC of stuff cut right from the game
I read they did that for original intro and turned into the kingslaive movie. Now I hear rumors that the kingslaive stuff might become playable and it might be the thing they announce at one of the upcoming cons. If it is true and it costs money, I'll probably not even bother playing the game due to how shitty that is
>>
>>385358553
Nuts, that means I'm missing one.
>>
>>385358596
>I read they did that for original intro and turned into the kingslaive movie.

No. Noctis has nothing to do with Kingsglave.

In fact the movie is the one thing Square learnt from XIII: instead of cutting people off EVERY 10 mins for 15 hours to show them a cutscene of what happened before (literally what happens in XIII), just put it all in a movie.

That said there is little reason to wait for the DLC or a complete edition, the game's charm is 90 % its battlesystem and 10% its ending. Just try it. For me the battlesystem is absolutely enjoyable and the reason I put in 90 hours into the game.
>>
>>385358330
Because it's a pretty solid game. Progression feels natural, the world is well designed, story is pretty fucking good and the fighting system was a step up from previous gen.

It was also a first RPG for most, so it gets a little more love than anything else.
>>
>>385359115
Some of them are in dick places. The biggest dick move is the Royal Arm that is in Colstlemark
>>
>>385356956
Honestly I was so spooked the first time I saw Ganealia in a photo. It felt like I'd been watched the entire game without my knowing
>>
>>385359439
>. It felt like I'd been watched the entire game without my knowing

it was kinda her job
>>
>>385359292
>just put it all in a movie for an extra buck
yeah...
>the game's charm is 90 % its battlesystem
>already mention I hated tabata's previous attempts at gameplay
Oh boy that's reassuring
>>
>>385359331
Already got that one at level 33
Is there one in dungeon at the Vesperpool? The one you go in with Aranea during the plot?
>>
>>385359535
No
Did you get the one in the volcano? I've seen my brother missing that one even though he climbed it
>>
>>385359816
Fuck that volcano, I've been up it 4 separate times. 3 for quests/hunts, 1 just because I wandered into it. Got the Arm on my first trip. Might just look it up after I finish my Hunts, I'm ready to go to Altissa.
>>
>>385359534
>>just put it all in a movie for an extra buck
>yeah...

for an extra what ? the movie was a huge promotional tool without a theatrical release and it looks expensive as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok

>>385359534
>>already mention I hated tabata's previous attempts at gameplay

Tabata was good at salvaging some of Nomura's bloated concepts that HAD NEVER actually worked.

ALL of this is fake gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A
>>
File: 1500401787650.png (426KB, 473x767px) Image search: [Google]
1500401787650.png
426KB, 473x767px
Not done with story mode yet but am I a bad person for wanting to marry Iris instead of Lunafreya?

also
>night falls while I'm out on a side quest
>decide to just do it anyway
>Iron Knight spawns which I can kill with ease
>then comes those fucking giant spiders
>and the imperial army just happens to land while I'm fighting them
every fucking time...why is this game so hositle to you if you even dare to stay out after dark?
>>
>>385359962
God fucking damnit... Let's see...
Did you enter the forest dungeon near that Aranea swamp dungeon?
Did you enter the small temple to the left of duscae that has the Shield weapon?
>>
>>385349780
Not exactly open. It has two "big" areas, that connect to smaller dungeons and forest parts etc.
They took inspirtation from western open world games but you can tell that they never made one with this size. It's just a lot of things thrown together that all feel unfinished. Even small things like only being able to have one hunt active at a time in a world that big, or that small rocks stop you that you could easily climb over but there's no real climb or grab mechanic, not to mention all the small invisible walls over fences or railings, the worst one is on the road that leads to the lighthouse with the snake encounter on the way where you have tons of small railings that lead to places you can go but for some reason have invisible walls.
Unless they really step up their game i hope they'll stick to open ended enviroments instead.
>>
>>385349780
As open as MGSV is.

Lots of physical area to cross, but no actual reason to 95% of the time.

There are a handful of interesting locations.

The greatness of the open world in this game is in it's beauty, not in it's content, which it is quite devoid of.

People complained about the car being on-rails but even when you unlock the flying module or the recently released off-road module, you quickly realize it gives no real value to you, since there is still absolutely nothing interesting to do or see.

The actual interesting geography and grand cities are locked to on-rails sections that also have no content aside from pushing the Main quest forward and taking part in an unfun activity or two.

That is FFXV's open world design.
>>
File: IMG_9439.jpg (51KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9439.jpg
51KB, 600x637px
>>385360068
Both.
>>
>>385356956
IS THAT
A
JO
>>
>>385359979
Buck is slang for dollar my man
>without a theatrical release
Box office: 6.55 million USD (limited theatrical release)
And it's still being sold on dvd too
Also why did you bring up nomura? I don't care if nomura was kicked off, I mentioned already that tabata's 3 previous games don't have good gameplay and suddenly believing he figured out how to make good gameplay wasn't something I believe would happen
>>
>>385360048
>Iron Knight spawns
>I can kill with ease

wait till you get to the dungeon with 4 Red Iron Giants, a couple of Nagas and a handful of little shits.
>>
>>385359979
>fake gameplay
Actually only the Altissia part was "fake". All the Insomnia footage just uses old models, but 1-2 months later they had all the animations and shit running in the luminous engine with the exact same assets, just with updated models, there're a few videos out there. There's nothing impossible in that video that would make it fake. They try to use the camera in a clever way but the whole gameplay section is basicly just the Insomnia Plaza that we've seen for ages. The Iron Giant animation is still in the game all the other ones too. basciyl only the fast air combo at the start isn't
>>
>>385360342
How about the dungeon north of Galdin Quay?
>>
>>385360395
>Also why did you bring up nomura?

the whole thing was his design. the real reason Versus took 10 years to make is his inapplicable ideas. that guy can't direct a game to save his life.
>>
>>385359979
Movie was pretty good actually. Was kinda boring for the first half hour but picked up in the end once the action got started.

The anime however...that really did nothing for the game. It was recommended you watch the movie and anime before playing but honestly you'd be better off just watching the movie
>learning Glados has a sister pays off
>learning Prompto used to be fat did not
>he never actually mentions it and instead just talks about how he has low self-esteem
>Ignis was just himself, tried to recreate a dessert Noct had once but never quite mastered it
>>
>>385360631
>the real reason Versus took 10 years
What about the engine difficulties with crystal tools and luminous?
>>
File: IMG_8673.jpg (80KB, 468x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8673.jpg
80KB, 468x595px
>>385360578
>Dungeon north of Galdin Quay
I spent like 20 hours in the prologue when everything is blocked off, and you're telling me there's a dungeon in that area?
>>
>>385360497
>Actually only the Altissia part was "fake".

Altissia was scrapped almost completely. But the plaza scene is pseudo gameplay just like the KH3 initial reveal. They were still trying to salvage the gameplay a couple of years later with the duscae demo.
>>
>>385360876
The dungeon full of pitful level 7 Goblins and a fuck'all lvl 50something Samurai by the end? No way you could've missed that
>>
>>385360876
It's called the Balouve Mines
>>
File: IMG_9566.jpg (35KB, 640x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9566.jpg
35KB, 640x307px
>>385360942
Jesus Christ there's even a parking spot right next to it. How did I let this happen?
>>
>>385360942
>a fuck'all lvl 50something Samurai by the end?

a fuck'all lvl 50something Samurai that can insta kill your ass.
also no save in dungeons.
>>
>>385360927
Nah, the first KH3 reveal thing was clearly prerenered shit, but the whole insomnia part is just old models everything else was running in luminous 1-2 months later. Even the gameplay was the exact same, but they took too much feedback over the years and changing it less than a year before release isntead of trying to make that one perfect, even Duscae was mostly like the 2013 trailer in terms of gameplay, just a few stripped features. I don't get why they turned it into an over the top wannabe action game mid 2015
And if it didn't work it's the teams fault. Or do you think Nomura makes the gameplay all by himself.
>>
File: 10.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>385361243
You fucking Belkan, how the fuck did you spend 20 hours wandering through that fucking desert and miss the giant road split going to the Dave (pretty cool guy) town? God fucking damnit you piece of shit
>>
File: IMG_6530.gif (930KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6530.gif
930KB, 200x133px
>>385361295
>Ignis!
>With everything we've got!
>A+
>D
>A+
>>
File: IMG_6660.jpg (34KB, 565x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6660.jpg
34KB, 565x596px
>>385361357
Fuck me I don't know. It was before I knew or cared about Dungeons/Arms I guess.
>Goblins riding in minecarts
HELP
>>
File: 09.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>385360876
>I spent like 20 hours in the prologue

20 hours WITHOUT A FUCKING CHOCOBO
>>
>>385362212
I haven't ridden a Chocobo in like 40 hours anyway. Gotta raise that Survival, mang.
81:40:09, still in Ch. 9

I really hope these Goblins respawn, this free warp strike AP is giving me a bone.
>>
File: prompto.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
prompto.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
>>385362212
>OH EM GEE DID SOMEBODY SAY CHOCOBO? CUTEST BIRD EVER
>>
>>385362519
Why does Gladio keep ragging on best boy?
Please Sir, can I 'ave sum ore?
>>
It has a pretty bland open-world with only one major city that's not even big. Nothing but gas stations and Hunter camps that are all the same, along with the military bases. Dungeons are cool, but short. Game turns into a literal hallway halfway through.
>>
File: Ardyn_Izunia_Render_XV.jpg (132KB, 771x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn_Izunia_Render_XV.jpg
132KB, 771x1119px
>>385355178
>It's the worst FF, don't even bother.

I legit believe the second people realize the greatness of this guy XV will be remembered as a gem.
>>
>>385362612
Because Prompto is a loser
>>
>>385362717

I don't listen to people who don't know how to spell 'legitimately'.
>>
File: IMG_7575.png (98KB, 330x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7575.png
98KB, 330x253px
>Summoning Ramuh against this samurai faggot
this shit never gets old
>>
>>385363135
Sold well at first but ripped to shreds like NMS
>>
>>385363210

You mean the game summons him for you.
>>
>>385363210
Still waiting on some use from Titan. Cant summon him, didn't get any equips, the fuck was the point
>>
>>385363276
>>385363547

The summons were the biggest selling point for me. Just another thing to add to the pile of disappointment.
>>
File: IMG_7979.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7979.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>385363276
Well, it's the best "Cinematic Gameplay" has ever been or will probably ever be. Shit is certainly more engaging than X or XIII.
>>
>>385362717
1. He's a half assed Kefka rip off.
2. Maybe I might realise he's great one day. But that would require me actually replaying FFXV and trying to make sense of it's incoherent storyline so it's not going to happen.
>>
File: 1495418737339.png (117KB, 343x338px) Image search: [Google]
1495418737339.png
117KB, 343x338px
Man that enviroment trailer from the "launch date" event was kinda misleading. It made the cities look super huge and even made it look like we can explore Tenebrae. It's weird how a few small screens with houses in FF7 or Balamd Garden in 8 can feel more alive than the two "cities" in FFXV
>>
>>385362934
>living failure

Your problem is not my spelling -legit is a word- but grammar you incompetent dipshit.
>>
>no XV-kun shilling

Is this a miracle?
>>
>>385364172
Its alot like MGSV or Ty the Tasmanian Tiger if you played that where you have this huge open world, but there's just nothing in it.
>>
>>385364269

It's both your spelling and grammar, you uneducated dullard.
>>
>>385360942
I actually missed this myself until looking into end game stuff before I finished the story. I guess I just moved forward without exploring much early on.
>>
>>385364282
Best thread in a while, at least people can mostly talk about how they felt about the game without too much hate from both sides.
>>
>>385360772
Are you serious. Are you actually serious, I can't process the fact that someone could have this much shit taste. The movie was fucking trash, from the "plot" making no sense, to the characters being complete shit, to more "technical" stuff like plot progression, pacing, shot composition, etc. Literally the only good thing about was the fight at the end, which while being fucking awesome, you don't put a 30 minute fight on a movie that has some semblance of plot (only genre that can get away with this are kaiju movies and the like).
The anime, on the other hand, was great, both as a stand off and as a precuel, even if the content doesn't add much to the game. On that note, the movie added literally nothing to the plot of the game that couldn't be explained in a 5 lines documents or something.
>>
File: IMG_2628.jpg (69KB, 1034x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2628.jpg
69KB, 1034x662px
I already killed the boss in the Mines but I'm lost as fuck.
>The design of the mines was inspired by an actual abandoned mine in Japan the developers visited
>>
>>385364593

They were both bad.
>>
>>385364684
The tomb is on the upper levels of the boss arena, go climb some stairs
>>
>>385364684

I wish they visited a good game.
>>
>>385364758
I'll say that the movie was awful and the anime alright. Much better than both the movie and the game.
>>
>>385349780
I've been playing it on and off. When I game shared with my friend I played all the way through it. I was disappointed by the many flaws, but I still enjoyed it and said I liked it. After buying the game I got completely bored. But I was just playing it again and they have the off-road car, which makes it so you can actually drive the fucking car, but it also clips through a whole bunch of shit, which would be a problem if it didn't, but it still is. They lazily made the tires raise over obstacles. But I think it makes the game a bit better and has a bit more open feeling now since you can go off road, but most of the time there is fucking trees in the way, and if you go over some place that you shouldn't (but should be able to) it will load you back to the road.

The fucking combat though. Big strong enemies are so asinine to fight. Like the death eater thing with lasers. I probably chugged like 99 potions and 50 pheonix downs. There is no fucking way people have the reflexes to dodge all of it's attacks. You will get hit, and there is a half millisecond of telling when it's going to do a move. That is what I hate most about the game.
>>
>>385364593
>The movie was fucking trash

it was good, like legit good. it was both informative on a lore level but also had a cohesive stand alone story to make it worthwhile for non fans. Also Nyx was XV's Zack. Also eat shit if you don't like it.
>>
>>385364916
>legit good.

Shut the fuck up you illiterate retard.
>>
>>385364282
I think he was in the thread earlier but he was a lot tamer than usual
>>
>>385364916
I'm not going to lie, I would rather watch Advent Children.
>>
>>385364916
>Nyx was XV's Zack

I puked a little.
>>
>>385364916
>Also Nyx was XV's Zack
If your wanted to fish for (You)'s, you sure got some
>>
>>385365185
I watched them back to back with /v/. It's weird how much better AC is, not defending any of the movies though. But at least AC wasn't shit cut from the game that i'd have loved to play.
>>
>>385364916
Man, it's alright if you liked it, I thought it was neat, but c'mon, you can't seriously think it was anywhere near a "good" or better.
It was neither "informative on a lore level" as it literally explained nothing of the mechanics of what was going on (a scene or two with plot exposition would have solved this, and some of the pacing problems), not "had a cohesive stand alone story". Remember that a story has to have more than "this happens, then this, and then logically this at the end", that's the plot, not the story, and the story was all over the place. I won't even bother to point the rest of the faults that made watching the movie a boring chore.

Am I being baited by this guy?
>>
>>385365437

Yes you are.
>>
File: World's most dangerous selfies.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
World's most dangerous selfies.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>385355809
I love how there's just so many poses and situations he gets everyone in at any given time, it's great. Not to mention the amazing actions shots here and there. He seems to have a massive fixation on Gladio in my game though even though I tell him I don't care when he asks for preferences.
>>
>>385365851
>tell him to take more photos of Ignis
>gets a few decent shots of him actually smiling
>the majority are still Gladio and Noct
>and repeats
>next tell him to take photos of Gladio
>get more photos of Ignis
>>
>>385359962
>>385360068
I'm literally about to explore the volcano, as there is a quest for it. "Explore the volcano" or whatever. Is there a Royal Arms there? is that the end to it? and that other place that only opens at dark. I beat the thing in it for a hunt/quest, but I don't think I ever found the end to it. I wanted that accessory for Noctis
>>
Ignis' food was so OP
>>
>>385365851
While the exploration, combat, story, "cities", enemies, dungeons, boss battles, and almost every aspect of the game range from alright to awful, the 4 protagonist are what made the game for me. Despite the game having almost pure negative marks on it's aspects, I'll still say I had a legit good time with it, and all the character interactions are what is going to stay with me every time I think about the game. In fact, I'm almost tearing up thinking about the ending, holy shit.
I guess that people that never had fun and bittersweet adventures with bros won't "get" that aspect of the game, just like I don't understand what's supposed to be sad about the opening scene in the Last of Us
>>
>>385366353
TLoU scene made me cry. I never cried during the ending of FFXV, because I never gave that much shits about the story.
>>
>>385366506
The campfire scene is pretty good, but it's right after some horrible linear chapter and right before the fucking thrones scene that makes the whole campfire scene useless.
It's feels like the game was/is just a learning tool for the young dev team and it feels like the story had 4-5 writers even only during the XV years
>>
File: 1371931400418.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1371931400418.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>385366310
>That first time you do a double take at the 400 attack/300 defense meal from one of the diners.
>Then you see another one with different stats at the volcano.
>Then Ignis learns the recipes when you buy them.
>>
>>385366506
No, not the story, the characters. Think about it in this terms, you didn't had any story or plot about the characters in tLoU but through the context you knew what you needed about the characters.
It's the same for XV, what made me sad about it (not to the point of crying, but close) was the fact that the team had to split up, and the 3 chuclefucks have to keep going without Noctis. It's similar to get someone gets sad in a graduation because you won't to spend most of the day with your close friends anymore (only in this case it's a noble sacrifice, so it's kinda more sad). If you ever watched/read the ending of Azumanga Dioh you'll know what I mean
>>
Somebody explain to me why Noct got sucked into the crystal for ten years? Did he gain or lose anything other than time and a 14 yr olds attempt at growing a beard?
>>
>>385365558
>Yes you are.

Stood by the King.
By his action was Luna allowed to flee.
Allowed to wear the ring by the past Kings.
>Bait.

I'm talking to turbo plebs
>>
>>385367449
Gained POWA and he still didn't lose his virginity
>>
>>385362404
>81:40:09, still in Ch. 9

my only advice for any newbie would be don't spent time doing too many side quests. you can always do that after end game. level 40 is more than enough for end game. the problem is if you go overleveled, you will waste the battle with Infrit, one of the best battles in the game.
>>
>>385367449
>spend years in crystal to get the ultimate power up
>bros have to heal him right away when they reach Ifrit
WOW
>>
>>385367686
>he still didn't lose his virginity

The Lucis kings are literally wizards.
>>
>>385367512
By your standards I guess that Mass Effect 2 and 3 have a fantastic story. Thanks for refuting my points by the way, I like how you actually said what I pointed out to NOT be a standard on how to judge quality:
>Remember that a story has to have more than "this happens, then this, and then logically this at the end", that's the plot, not the story
>>
>>385360048
I would forgive a lot of FF15's errors if you could marry Iris or that dragoon chick Areana or whatever. Fucking chaining us down to that awful plain blonde, just horrendous.
>>
File: s-8qCs4fRlCfzZ2FujfCDg.png (6KB, 704x72px) Image search: [Google]
s-8qCs4fRlCfzZ2FujfCDg.png
6KB, 704x72px
NeithOF here, haven't posted on /v/ in over a month. I was sure xv-kun would be calling everyone NeithOF after i PM'd him on gfaqs a few weeks ago.

Over 10 archived pages of xv-kun calling everyone NeithOF in just the past week.

Screencap this post and show it to him the next time he calls you NeithOF.

Pic related, it proves how much of a paranoid autist he is. I actually cringed seeing how many times he called someone by my name, convinced that i was multiple different people when i wasn't even here.

I will check back the archives again in a month, i am sure tons of autistic posts will be waiting for me again.

Hang in there /v/, xv-kun is bound to kill himself sooner or later.
>>
>>385367796
>Level 64 and just met Iris 47 hours in with everything but Costlemark done.
Whoops.
>>
>>385367980
post the pm
>>
>>385367980
>NeithOF here, haven't posted on /v/ in over a month
You're going to have to provide more proof then just saying you're him.
>>
>>385360048
You need to do the quest Cindy gives you to put headlights on the Regalia. Monsters won't attack you with those
>>
>>385367449
Why did it had to be 10 years, it's so fucking stupid. If they changed to 2 years it would make so much more sense, specially on how the characters look. From chapter 10 or so the story stopped making any sense to me, plot-wise, lore-wise (I watched the movie and the anime, and I'm still not clear on what the fuck happened), and specially character-wise.
The last chapter was such a high point of the game though, too bad we didn't get to explore more of the city, or in the daylight.
>>
File: hBMTY89cRWOnrsdgiykEyg.png (15KB, 775x256px) Image search: [Google]
hBMTY89cRWOnrsdgiykEyg.png
15KB, 775x256px
>>385368089
>>385368158

It's this one.

I had to endure years of xv-kun being an autistic lier, trying to prove that Stella was removed by Nomura himself back in 2012.

I don't really give a shit about Stella/Luna, it just feels good knowing that everything he has ever said in the past 5 years of non stop shitposting has been proven to be a lie.
>>
>>385368443
You will make him unleash all his wrath here on /v/, god help the KH III threads or VersusXIII threads on the future, holy shit
>>
>>385368626
can't wait
>>
>>385368626
Why do people keep mentioning Versus XIII, it makes sad every time I remember it, kinda like Megaman Legends 3
>>
>>385366310
his food was the only reason why I was able to beat the turtle in 1.5 hours.

I went with that high tier food that had 100% crit rate
>>
>>385368443
>being an autistic liar
He still is. Even when he gets caught lying, he makes up another bullshit scenario to make it seem like he was still right in the end
Also, please keep your eternal struggle with him on gamefaqs from now on instead of bringing it here
>>
>>385368443
He will still just say that it was you all the time. I've been called NeithOF like 20 times in the thread yesterday for the dumbest reasons
>>
>>385367980
>>385368443
I doubt this is legit and just a falseflag operation
>>
>>385368872
The best thing is when he says "i was still 100% objectively right at the time, how could i have known they changed it".
As always it's okay when he does it
>>
>>385355178
>It's the worst FF

XIII will always be worse than XV.

Speaking of, why does XV have such a bad reputation just because it felt incomplete? I still thought it was pretty fun.
>>
>>385368872
Like i said before, i haven't posted on /v/ in over a month let alone an xv thread. I stopped posting in those since like December or January, even then he never knew it was me and kept calling other people names.

If he is still the same old xv-kun, i am sure he is using other gamefaq names every now and then.

He usually rotates between gamefaq users every few weeks or months, depending on who triggered him most recently.

For example, when i was a regular poster in xv threads back in 2014-2015, he kept rotating between me, kagari, pesmerga and T-pose-kun.

Anyway, i am out. Just try to ignore him guys.
>>
Who should play XV-kun in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>385369234
>If he is still the same old xv-kun, i am sure he is using other gamefaq names every now and then.

he uses something like SBK91 and links to like 2-3 YEAR OLD posts the guy made of Dante vs Goku and claiming it's relevant to FF XV
>>
File: EfORzCHISPSgtB1Csf13gg.png (36KB, 1348x111px) Image search: [Google]
EfORzCHISPSgtB1Csf13gg.png
36KB, 1348x111px
>>385369001
It's not, just letting you guys know that xv-kun is actually autistic.

As someone who used to deal with him for close to 3 years, my advice is to just ignore him.

Or... keep triggering him for the lulz.
>>
File: 1495389878462.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495389878462.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Why does everyone switch between calling him Noctis and Highness?
>>
>>385369184
>because it felt incomplete
Imo because it is incomplete and the big difference to other gamges out there is that usually we never see stuff that enver made it into the games or was cut. But in XVs case they almost openly embrace it and even make surveys for it.
It's not a shit game, but not really worth being a mainline FF. Not saying that XIII is any better or worse though
>>
>>385349780
It's no corridor game but the plot gives you zero leeway, especially in the second half. You can dick around on hunts and sidequests though.
>>
>>385352174
>>385349780
The map is MUCH smaller than MGSV, and when you play the game it feels pretty linear even in open sections.
>>
>>385362717
His hair looked really fucked up in the Xbox version.
>>
>>385369454
I just ignore the tard

>>385369547
>The map is MUCH smaller than MGSV

it felt about the same. XV's map is like the size of the Africa map
>>
File: king.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
the moment you realize Noctis and Luna knew their fate all along
the moment you realize Ardyn was waiting to be freed of the darkness for so long
>>
>>385369234
>If he is still the same old xv-kun, i am sure he is using other gamefaq names every now and then.
He's recently been switching back and forth between you and some guy called sbk91
>>
>>385369667
>it felt about the same. XV's map is like the size of the Africa map
It's smaller.
>>
>>385356726
I got her to hit the ground while I was like 60 feet in the air, warp striked down with a spear and took the rest of her HP off. Best moment in the entire game for me. Too bad it was one of the only memorable moments.

FF15 suffered the same problem as Lightning Returns with having a giant world that's completely empty and void of interest.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.