[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Persona?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1431712305706.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431712305706.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
How do I get into Persona?
>>
>>385346106
Play Persona 5
then decide whether to play Persona 3 FES or Persona 4 Golden
then you should get out of this thread before spoilers
>>
>>385346106
Play whichever one interests you the most. Avoid 5 if you can only play it in English though.
>>
>>385346329
The persona 5 dub is fine. Better than 3 and 4. Stop being such a weaboo faggot.
>>
File: 1485528246515.jpg (213KB, 709x880px) Image search: [Google]
1485528246515.jpg
213KB, 709x880px
>>385346106
posting more yukari
>>
>>385346438
>The persona 5 dub is fine
It would be if you didn't have decent VAs reading terribly written lines.
>>
>>385346640
The translation is objectively terrible at times, yes. But what do you expect from a weeb game?
>>
>>385346640
F-for real?!
>>
>>385346438
>The persona 5 dub is fine
I am normally ok with dub, but my god that was really bad. They couldn't even say other characters names right and the voice direction was all over the place.
>>
File: Another night in the dorm.webm (2MB, 1008x514px) Image search: [Google]
Another night in the dorm.webm
2MB, 1008x514px
Start with Persona 3 FES, you can emulate it with PCSX2
>>
>>385346438
>Better than 4
That's debatable given how Rise and Kanji in P4 are better in English than in Japanese where as nobody in 5 is better in English
>>
>>385346998
When does this get good? I played it for about 20 hours before dropping it.
All I did was climb a tower because of reasons, reach some magical blockage and fight the boss of the week/month like some 90's cartoon.
>>
>>385347408
It gets good at the end.
If you aren't feeling it then it's not worth it. It's a very polarizing game.
>>
>>385346773
a good localization
>>
File: SEES.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SEES.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>385347408
Persona games past 2 are about losing yourself in the flow of the world and seeing what the world has to offer.

If you are looking for a clear goal and immediate gratification you will not find it.
>>
File: 1500348951997.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500348951997.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Gameplay gets better as the series goes on. Take that as you will.
>>
>>385346106
Games

>Persona
First game in the series. Pretty dated gameplay-wise but play it anyway. Also don't bother with the PS1 version and play PSP version instead
>Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Innocent Sin is also available on PSP in English. Eternal Punishment PSP never came to the states, but translation patches are online. Plays like Persona 1 but better
>Persona 3
Game most people probably start with. Has 3 versions (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, and Persona 3 Portable). If playing for the first time i would strongly suggest playing FES (has additional content the original version doesn't) on the PS2 then playing Portable on a second playthrough (Portable changes combat to be more in line with the 4th game, as well as giving you the option to play as a female)
>Persona 4
Has two versions (Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden). Golden is on the Vita, and features several enhancements and additional content not in the original PS2 version (not going to go super in depth about all that) and is the best version of the game. If you don't have a Vita/PSTV you can just play the original PS2 ver and just watch the bonus content on youtube.
>Persona 5
Newest game in series. Pretty good. Adds numerous new mechanics. Currently only has a "normal" release (has not been re-released in the vein of FES or Golden). Good news is its available on both PS3 and PS4. Content is identical across both versions, but the PS4 version runs at a higher resolution and has slightly faster load times. Please don't start with this one if you want to go back and play the others, as you'll be spoiled to hell and back by all the stuff this game has and the others don't.

Other games
>Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Ultimax
Two fighting games that serve as canonical sequels to P3 and P4. Pretty solid, but if you don't like fighting games just watch the story stuff on youtube
>>
File: 1499226093317.png (342KB, 794x473px) Image search: [Google]
1499226093317.png
342KB, 794x473px
>>385348226
You forgot PQ
>>
>>385348226
Also

>Persona Q
3DS spin-off featuring the casts of both P3 and P4 that takes place in the middle of the events of both games. Not required, but a decent game all the same. Though you're better off finishing 3 and 4 first to get the most out of it
>Catherine
Not a Persona game, but by the same dev team. Puzzle game about relationships and crap. Sounds lame but is the best written game out of all the ones they've done. Not for everyone, but well worth looking into. Protag makes a cameo in Persona 3 Portable.

Media
>Persona Trinity Soul
Non-canonical anime series taking place years after P3. It's ass, don't bother with it.
>Persona 4: The Animation
Anime adapting P4. Despite some shoddy production values, it's a solid companion to the game (play the game first and don't try to watch the anime as a substitute for playing the actual game)
>Persona 3 Movies
Series of films adapting Persona 3. First movie is pretty good, but the others condense a lot of things. If you want to watch them go ahead, but you're not missing a lot
>Persona 4: The Golden Animation
Second P4 anime series adapting Golden. Not a second season of the first anime. Focuses a ton on a character exclusive to the Golden version of the game (Marie). Stick to the first anime instead.
>>
>>385346106
By fapping to the guys.
>>
>>385347408
That's pretty much the entire game right there.

Persona 3 is liked for the story/characters since the gameplay is pretty shit.
>>
>>385347556
>>385347631
I played 4 and I liked it which is why I decided to give 3 a shot, but I just can't get into it.
I enjoy the social links, but everything else feels lacking.
Tartarus is meh. I'm climbing it to learn why I'm climbing it.
Controlling only one character is pretty damn boring.
I can't social link most party members
Yukari is a big fat liar because she keeps missing her attacks
>>
>>385348226
>>385348729
these are very good posts and that should be copypasta for future people asking about persona
>>
>>385348729
>>385348226
Also also missing

>Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Rhythm game ala the Vocaloid vita games, canonical sequel to P4 (and I think it takes place after the Arena games) where the scooby gang save an idol group through the power of dancing. Probably the most polarizing in the P4 series based on it's premise alone, but was still a good amount of fun to play.
>>
Do you want to play a shitty JRPG meshed with a shitty dating sim? Yes? Then Persona is the series for you.
>>
>>385347408
You should try persona 4, the plot is a lot more involved throughout whereas 3 almost nothing important happens for the first half of the game. be prepared though because it's wildly differnt tone wise
>>
>>385350107
When do I get to the dating part in 2? That blonde chick wants to fuck me, but it seems the MC is into guys.
>>
>>385350396
>That blonde chick wants to fuck me, but it seems the MC is into guys.
It's left purposefully ambiguous/played for laughs at times but the game does all-but confirm that it's not the case.
>>
File: hdjeryt.gif (43KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
hdjeryt.gif
43KB, 500x363px
>>385350396
>implying
MC only wants heart tits
>>
>>385350518
Is Tatsuya the protagonist with worst taste in women? It like like I'm playing a Tales of game, shot combat and the protagonist does everything in his power to go for the worst girl possible.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.