[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does the fighting become fun and not braindead? :S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Yakuza0.jpg (22KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza0.jpg
22KB, 250x313px
When does the fighting become fun and not braindead? :S
>>
File: DCLtzurUIAAt0vv.jpg (92KB, 684x719px) Image search: [Google]
DCLtzurUIAAt0vv.jpg
92KB, 684x719px
wait till Yakuza 6 son
>>
>>385346097
In the boss fights?
In the others it's up to you to mix it up and complete every heat move, use all weapons, etc.
Besides, brawlers have always had braindead combat; expecting different is a clear sign of ignorance.
>>
>>385346385
Its my first time playing a game in the series and I thought it'd be more akin to DMC for some reason

This sucks I'm enjoying the game a lot so far but this combat is not as involved as I hoped
>>
>>385346527
I see. Yeah, you're fucked.
Hopefully you like long drawn out character pieces that lead to big, satisfying conclusions in the plot, because that's the actual draw here imo.
Either that or Shenmue-style side games, if you're one of those fags.
>>
>>385347315
I'm definitely enjoying the story so far and a lot of the side things seem cool but I was hoping to get better at fighting first so I could pull off some cool looking shit before focusing on that but it looks like thats not really going to happen. Shit.
I'm almost tempted to return it now and just watch the cutscenes on youtube but I get the feeling that there's so much going on sidequest wise that I may still get my money's worth
>>
>>385346097
Wrong board
>>
>>385347720
HAHAHAHAHA
your waifu is shit
>>
>>385347683

The fighting definately has depth. There's 2 characters with 3 fighting styles each. If you pour in a shit ton of money, you have a very big set of skills and moves for each characters. Not to mention you can actually use weapons like swords and guns, and a shit ton of random items you find. Of course it's definately not like DMC, I don't know why you'd think that. The fighting is only one aspect of the game, but it is quite fun and deep, if sometimes somewhat repetitive as mobs keep bothering you and you just want to get rid of them.
>>
>>385347683
>so far
How far? Each character has 3 fighting styles that mix things up. Using each of them in conjunction on Hard difficulty might excite you, but no, this isn't a character action game. It's a brawler.
>>
>>385346097
never. After Yakuza 3 the games became so easy there is no point in even blocking anymore.
>>
>>385348215
I bought a kendo sword but can't figure out how to equip it but then again I haven't tried that hard. I thought that because I heard so much praise about the gameplay in all of its facets and when I think of impressive gameplay in a game with fighting I think DMC/Bayonetta etc

>>385348305
Just started playing as Goro about to head to some rival club to steal their top heaux.
>>
Once you get multiple fighting styles it gets a lot more interesting. You start off with just one.

Even with everything unlocked you don't have as much in your core moveset as a DMC though, it has a much bigger emphasis on environment interactions.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.