[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silent hill thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20

File: Tape3.gif (2MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
Tape3.gif
2MB, 245x140px
Did James really deserve to face his demons after what he did? From what it seems, it was more of a pity kill to her wife who herself said she wanted to die. If anything he did her a favor to stop the pain from an inevitable death.
>>
no, its clear he did it for selfish reasons. and unfulfilled sexual urges
>>
>>385345852
What selfish reasons? It's understandable that he was upset about being chained with an almost un-interactable mood-swining corpse, but he never cheated on her and immediately went to silent hill to kill himself after he realized he couldn't live without her. Where's the sin in that? The act was basically euthanization.
>>
>>385345852
It's clear it's a mix of both, but of course people need to boil it down to "he was either super justified or a huge cunt". God forbid we acknowledge complexity and ambiguity in a character.
>>
>>385345747
It's not a matter of deserving it or not, he wanted to be judged and punished like most people with a conscience do.
>>
>>385346490
Because the power of Silent Hill doesn't care about what the person did. It just wants vulnerable minds.
>>
>>385345747
whether he deserves it or not doesn't matter
he subconsciously desired punishment
he got it
>>
>>385345747
This story isn't 1/100th as deep people claim.
The only excuse is if you played it when you were a kid.
>>
>>385345747
Yes, James was an asshole for intentionally avoiding Mary a lot when she needed him the most, despite her bipolar behavior stemming from the disease, if he truly loved her he would've spent his time watching after her. Then when she comes home just to see James because she was afraid of dying alone he kills her so he could end the suffering for himself while trying to justify it was for her.
>>
>>385347880
When ya put it that way, it does make much more sense
>>
>>385346948
SH2 fucked the lore because of rapid fanboys who actually believe that.

SH2 is a spinoff and there's no clear explanation as to why James and the other victims were drawn to the town except for what's in Translated Memories.

there is a demonic presence controlling it, most likely Flauros (as described in the Lesser Key of Solomon) through Alessa. the only 'interpretation' is how the corrupted SH reflects her mind. the town's only purpose is to kill whatever gets into it, or perhaps expand its reach (SH4).

the ritual in SH3 is a completely different thing and I'd even wager that the demons themselves don't really wanna be there.
>>
>>385348621
SH2 is what the casual fans think the series is all about.
>>
Will we ever see another Silent Hill game?
The last one was downpour right?
>>
>>385350447
no anon, the last one was 4.
>>
>>385346949
This. Things can torture you inside and it isn't necessarily about justice.
>>
File: HITCHENS-popup.jpg (25KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
HITCHENS-popup.jpg
25KB, 333x500px
>>385345747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13PhDHcOzNE
I'll leave this here
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 218x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 218x313px
>Harry, please accept this third ressurection attempt baby version of myself as your responsibility.
>now remember, she is a 100% genetic version of me, so she is also literally dahlia gillespie's daughter, and short tempered crazy BITCH is flowing in her blood. It's in her very DNA
>also did i forget to mention she is already carrying a dormant demon spawn in her little womb tee hee?
>take care of her now, and don't feed her after midnight or she will start kicking off big time believe me
>and don't let her near cocky jock chads basically any time after she hits puberty. No, really, im being dead serious about that one.
>Or booze in general.
>Also she might carry knives, try to keep an eye on that.
>k thnx bai.
>>
>>385345747
He was punished by his own guilt. There is no outside judgement involved with James' story. Silent Hill is just the tool by which James comes to terms with what he did.
>>
File: 1501024965649.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501024965649.webm
3MB, 800x450px
can somebody edit James and Eddie's faces on this?
>>
Last thread was great. There's a lot of love anons have here for this series and most the time they just wanna talk about that or share the love they have with the games to new players.

Generally some of the most constructive threads on the board, even if it will fall apart sometimes with waifus and East .Vs West shitposting.
>>
Hey, can somebody please seed on the SH3 torrent from the pastebin tonight? I'm almost done with it.
>>
>>385352318
Yeah but imagine prime 14-16 year old Heather dressing slutty around your house calling you daddy

That's pretty neat
>>
Can one of you guys please post the pastebin with the info on how to dl and emulate the classic SH games? I'd love to play the first one. Thanks, kind anons.
>>
File: The Room.jpg (60KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
The Room.jpg
60KB, 750x410px
Reminder that 4 was a mess but still a masterpiece.
what you guys would like to see in the next game?
>>
>>385353976
>what you guys would like to see in the next game?

another character in an isolated story far away from the cult cannon.
>>
File: 1500988641561.png (2MB, 1300x4835px) Image search: [Google]
1500988641561.png
2MB, 1300x4835px
>>385353885
SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW widescreen fixes mentioned in guide, the sh2proxy's EXE works as no-cd crack too.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
You can now see fine emulator settings for SH1 in the guide. You may also try the newer PGXP emulator for wobble-free PS1 graphics.
>>
File: 1486048876359.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486048876359.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
The Room is one of the bigger pleb filters in vidya.
>>
>>385354356
I wish the whole game had been in first person. It would've started the walking simulator boom with a proper dev team instead of all the indie shit we have now.
>>
RIP Lying Figure.
>>
>>385353976
not a masterpiece but still very good and a meaningful addition to the series

you might also not need to still live in your parent's house/ basement to understand the specific type of fears and anxieties that it's invoking (at least, that is my theory on at least one of the reasons why this game is overlooked in the scare department)
>>
File: sh.jpg (111KB, 1024x1408px) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
111KB, 1024x1408px
Downpour is better than homecoming and origins
>>
Guys, I have problems with silent hill 3. I downloaded this version from rutracker and it goes like shit. What to do? I Have 1, 2 and 4 on my pc so that I can marathon them. I need 3 tho, what can I do?
>>
>>385354801
I always found Homecoming more offensive as a SH fan, seeing as it's the movie: the game, seeing as there is an ending where two Movie Pyramid Heads turn you into a Movie Pyramid Head is unforgiveable to me.

Downpour is also an abortion, I hate it as well but it doesn't make me red w/ anger to think about.
>>
>>385355401
I agree, That's why I find downpour "better". I hate origins too, fucking thing was unplayable and fucked the canon
>>
>>385354801
I agree.
>>
>>385355401
odd, I find it less offensive for the very same reason, because I can more easily detach it and the movie from Team Silent's creations; Homecoming and the movie are its own entities.

I found Shattered Memories more irritating because it tries to leech off on the established games (1 and 3) and does so with a lukewarm result
>>
Where do I find some good analysis of the games?
>Inb4 twin perfect
>>
>>385352318
>>Also she might carry knives, try to keep an eye on that.
He gives her the knife knowing what might happen.
>>
>>385354801
Downpour is a piece of junk, one of the worst games ever made.
>>
>>385354801
Nope.

>>385355401
it's been the total opposite for me.
HC is passable, even if it wants to be The Movie. 0rigins on the other hand butchers the backstory of whole series, all while being a clunky ass game to boot, and Downpoor is just embarrassing trash with horrible gameplay.
>>
>>385356274
Unironically Twin Perfect.
You may disagree with some of the stuff they say, but no one else is more thorough and uses actual citations.
>>
>>385354801
That's really not saying much

Murphy has no reason to be in Silent Hill if you get the good ending
>>
>>385356525
This.
Just ignore their hit&miss "humor", and focus on their actual material.
>>
>>385356743
I mean, he did steal that car at least.
>>
>>385352284
man that really downed my mood
>>
File: tp.png (297KB, 463x510px) Image search: [Google]
tp.png
297KB, 463x510px
>>385356525
>>385356780
I don't even care that much about their shitty humor, It's just that they don't leave anything to discussion. Example is pic related and the whole good+ ending discussion
>>
I hate these 'death dream' plot twists. I'm glad SH1 was the only game that had it.
>>
Finished SH2 yesterday and got the water ending. The game was ok but it left me wanting for more, it felt way too short.

What triggers this ending anyways? I was expecting James to move on and search for the little girl after the final boss. It also bothers me that he killed himself despite telling Angela he wasn't going to, at least with her knife.
>>
>>385356743
>Murphy has no reason to be in Silent Hill if you get the good ending

The bus crashed near Silent Hill, he walked into Silent Hill accidentally.
>>
>>385357140
>It's just that they don't leave anything to discussion
I'm not seeing that at all.
If anything, people just have hard time countering their statements, because like it or not, they've done some very good homework for their statements, placing all their statements on stuff found in games, or said by the devs.
>>
>>385357140
What, they never said that at all though, do you have a learning disability?
How on earth could anyone think they were implying harry went forwards in time.
The reasoning for the good + is because he makes Aglaphotis to free Cybil, and that is why he also knew to give one to Heather.(Although this is technically from the novel if I remember right.)
They also personally feel it is the real one because it takes the most work to achieve.
They mostly spent their time arguing against people who said it wasn't possibly the true ending to be honest.
>>
>>385357282
You got the bad ending
>>
>>385357282
Shit like that leads me to think that some endings are just big "what-if"s that arise during production, while others are more canon.
>wouldn't it be interesting if Harry used the aglaophotis with Cybil
>well how would he know that
>eh dunno, but let's make an ending about that
>I suppose players will figure it out after playing the game once, so sure
>>
>>385357282
did you only ever get the "Bad" ending or something?
>>
>>385357415
The ending changes on how you play. If you heal often and look at mary's picture, and listen to mary, you get the """good"" ending where you live with the little girl. If you stay by maria and disregard mary, you get their ending. If you don't heal, look at the knife and such you get the In Water ending, because your James came to Silent Hill to kill himself.
>>
>>385357530
>>385357460
no no, I mean I'm glad it was the only game that 'featured' such ending. Of course I got the other endings I'm not a normie.
>>
>>385357418
But there's no reason it should have targeted him as it did, again if you get the good ending. Him fighting that prison officer's dead dad doesn't make sense either if he wasn't responsible for his death

That one cunt of a prison guard would've made more sense
>>
>>385357415
Taking too much damage and only healing when necessary(when the controller starts vibrating) usually leads to in water.
>>
>>385357140
yeah they're kind of retarded at times, but most of their analysis aligns well enough

don't see them as an authority on the matter, rather as a bunch of diehards who got off their ass and produced an extensive and fairly well-researched featurette about the series while ocassionally throwing their own brainfarts into the pool
>>
>>385357415
You examined the knife and read a diary on top of the hospital, read the big ass text written on the wall in the bar and didn't care enough about your health. Basically ending in 2 is triggered by how you play.
>>
>>385357705
you also would have to ignore most other characters and focus on Mary related things
>>
>>385346949
6pbp
>>
This track is like xanax to me, it always calms me down and buts me in a good head-space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u1kTM3wE8

I always recommend Silent Hill games in threads like "what vidya will make me not depressed/sad boy shit" because the games always have strangely enough calmed me , even cheered me up. Maybe because I've played them so much when I was younger.
>>
>>385358113
>what vidya will make me not depressed
>Silent Hill
Are you a robot, boy?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 363x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 363x411px
>>385353752
>Harry Mason
>survived Silent Hill
>lives alone in a small flat with a beautiful 17 year old girl with freckled bare skin who HE ISN'T EVEN RELATED TO
>he never remarried
>he never met another woman
>he just lays awake at night
>staring at his ceiling
>listining through the thin walls to the beautiful girl in the next room panting and grunting as she masturbates
>this is almost every night for the last few years
>she suddenly, quite audibly, reaches orgasam.
>He never imagined his Heather could make such savage noises
>silence now
>he continues to stare at the ceiling

A BETTER MAN THAN US HARRY. F
>>
>>385358341
People watch sad movies because the sustained sadness burns them out and leaves them more able to feel happiness, or so scientists claimed.
>>
>>385358113
>because the games always have strangely enough calmed me , even cheered me up.

yeah this sounds odd

e.g. Born from a Wish puts me in a headspace where it makes me wanna off myself
>>
>>385358543
Born from a Wish has the hardest monster nearby music.
>>
>>385357609
>>385357868
I didn't examine the knife a single time through the game, only tried using it a couple of times at some places.

>>385357705
This is probably what got me, I didn't want to waste healing items because I expected the game to be longer and get more difficult over time, I left his health high enough for the controller to vibrate 1 time every once in a while for most of the game.

>>385357901
Is it easy to miss these? I've only met the rest of the cast a few times through the game and it didn't seem like you could do much with them.

Like, I met the fat guy vomiting at the aparments, then eating pizza on the bowling building, then he was full psycho at the prison
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 247x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 247x183px
>>385353752
>Heather dressing slutty around your house calling you daddy
>>
>>385358664
You probably did do the stuff for the other characters as normal, you actually have to go out of your way to get Maria. Honestly, it prioritizes In Water over the other ending if you don't heal often, that is what did it.
>>
>>385358341
>what is catharsis
>>
>>385358613
Probably because Maria doesn't carry a light, while still ocassionally walking through dark environments

But that's not the reason why it affects my mental state. Mostly because it's nihilistic asf. At least James has a shot at redemption, but her fate and reason to exist is fucked no matter what.
>>
>>385358407
didnt he fugged Cybil?
>>
>>385359185
Naw
>>
>>385358664
>Is it easy to miss these?
No. There's quite little you can do DIRECTLY with most of the cast, but there are ways you can sort of channel your implied interests in the game. There's a 2-3 specific things that can steer the game's endings quite significantly, with overall pacing of your gameplay being secondary yet effective things.
>>
>>385359185
Cybil's dead, anon. Cybil's dead
>>
>>385359732
t. Homecoming
>>
>>385359732
t.homecoming is canon
>>
>>385359857
>anything after 4
>canon

that you would even mention homecoming as relevant should be a capital offence
>>
>>385354090
I'll take ome of those too.
>>
>>385360174
Anon I am making fun of that person for referencing homecoming. You should be attacking them, not me.
>>
>>385357675
In SH1 Harry was heavily targeted as well, having to face some really powerful creatures, despite not even knowing Alessa or doing anything to her. Cybil, a trained cop got defeated in the sewers and she had nothing to do with the events of Silent Hill either.

Not even trying to defend the Downpour piece of junk, but that ending just doesn't fit as a "guilt trip" which is what the part the devs of Downpour loved so much, which is why TwinPerfect commented on it.
>>
>>385358113
The Pyramid Head fight theme is one of the greatest OSTs in the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1J8N6JL-w8
>>
>>385359732
>"What happens to Cybil after Silent Hill is up to the player's imaginations."
Literally confirmed alive as of the ending to 1.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3RsZuXwGUQ
This makes me loath silent hills even more
>>
>>385361027
that cutscene reeked of silent hill
>>
What silent hill you guys played first?
Also why the fuck silent hill 3 is discussed so little around the internet? 4 is discussed in a bad light, but still more than 3 and here is all waifu fags
>>
James was right to kill Mary and end her suffering.
He was wrong to commit suicide.
>>
>>385360282
my bad, I'm not really paying attention

I just saw homecoming and then red
>>
>>385360953
Owaku always gave that kind of answer when questioned about something related to plot or the mysteries.
>>
>>385361536
>What silent hill you guys played first?
The first one, one of the first games I had to stop playing out of fear.
>>
>>385356743
Regardless of the ending, he still beats the shit out of Napier, although it's diminished in a lot of ways.
>>
>>385361536
Back in the 6th gen SH3 was the most discussed because it was a PS2 exclusive, so it was considered superior to the SH2 multiplat.
>>
Is Silent Hill 1 still worth playing?
>>
>>385361807
How does that make it not true?
>>
>>385361980
fuck yes, nigga, it's a classic.
>>
>>385361980
Still scary too boy
>>
>>385353238
That's the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
>>
I find funny how pyramid head starts out for the big heavy blade and later switches for the more practical spear, like he realised he fucked up.
>>
>>385362023
She lives if you get the Good+ ending, she dies if you get the good ending. Owaku never said things that could invalidate other endings or create a single canon.
>>
>being able to literally beat the shit out of metaphysical representations of your fears and psychological problems with blunt objects, guns, chainsaws etc.

If Silent Hill was real people would pay money to fucking go there.
>>
>>385361980
I liked it way more than 2
JUST GO FOR IT

>>385362457
>chases you at Sanic speed with a huge ass blade through the hospital corridor
>walks respectfully towards you with a slim spear later on
>>
James explicitly says that calling it a mercy kill was self justification and that he did it primarily for selfish reasons.
>>
>>385362837
>what happens to Cybil after the events of Silent Hill
>After
>Meaning that if she was dead, it wouldn't be up to our imagination, she would just be dead.
>>
Question, I acknowledge that Downpour was shit, but why do people have problems with the town as a fucked up therapist?

That part where the dude said you have to follow the rules technically isn't wrong. You have to follow what the town lays ahead for you otherwise you can't progress and figure out why you're there.
>>
>find hammer
>game goes from survival horror to hack'n'slash
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>385363510
>have problems with the town as a fucked up therapist?

Because that's really corny and cheesy and cheapens the entire story and lore of the series. It goes from being creepy and mysterious to being a cheap spookhouse.
>>
>>385364751
Nothing more than that anon.
>>
>>385364834
Don't tell me it's just there to fuck with you.
Then again, I guess I have been running into completely empty rooms from time to time...
>>
>wear headphones
>go to prison yard
>fucking circling horses.

ugh
>>
>>385346841
/thread was done 3 hours ago
>>
>>385361536
>What silent hill you guys played first?
The original. Soon after it came out as well.
I was like 11 at the time, and it did shook me, hard.

>why the fuck SH3 is disucssed so little
maybe because it's quite a bit more "straight forward" game compared to first two? Some people also really don't seem to wanna admit the existence of anything but 2.
>>
File: sh1 cover.png (233KB, 381x377px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 cover.png
233KB, 381x377px
>>385361980
>Is Silent Hill 1 still worth playing?
....was that a rhetorical question?
It's THE best game in the series. Yes, I mean it, on an objective level.

I do not understand why'd you even start playing a story- and character-driven SERIES without starting with the very first game!
>>
>>385365512
I somehow missed this despite running all over the city.
>>
>>385363510
Because it settles the town as this sentient being playing a game on you, with some people literally being turned into pawns and messengers for it. In other words, DP turns SH into a ghostly Saw game.

That whole "therapist town" idea in general is just idiotic, and shows people's ignorance about the whole series. Sometimes, the characters just got into the town, and got entangled in a mess totally unrelated to them.

>>385366557
You're not the only one.
Only on much later playthrough did I actually stumble upon it, after seeing the screenshot of it a few times else where. Seems like my already then developed "horror game exploration senses" made me pick up just the right, suspicious alley way right away, find the key, and then use it to get to apartments, totally skipping the (kinda pointless and poorly done) "exploration" of southern side of the town.
>>
>>385363609
I found a wooden mallet in a room and couldn't use it to break the glass on a grandpa clock today
then, I tried to solve the clock puzzle but missed one clue in front of it so I ended up rotating it until it clicked
anyway who /brainlet/ here
>>
>>385366727
>Seems like my already then developed "horror game exploration senses" made me pick up just the right, suspicious alley way right away, find the key, and then use it to get to apartments
This just happened to me as well. I entered the apartments thinking I had gone astray, since the map said "go to rosewater park" and thought it would be a small cache of weapons or whatever that I wasn't supposed to learn of until later in the game.
>>
Is there anyway to make playing on a LCD closer to a CTR?
>>
>>385366727
>>385367412
Same thing happened to me. I stumbled upon the key accidentally and ended up in the apartments purely by luck. I completely missed the trailer and the rest of exploration.
>>
>>385367412
>>385368230
This is one of the reasons I think that the overall design and pacing of SH2 pales in comparison with SH1. There is very little reason nor initiation to explore the town, with your intended goals being a bit too clearly marked and on your way. Nor is there too much cool shit to be found like in SH1.

>>385368105
What do you mean?
>>
>>385363218
He already has the spear in the hospital basement chase sequence.
>>
File: Russia smelting industry.jpg (497KB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
Russia smelting industry.jpg
497KB, 4256x2832px
>>385363132
>paying to get stuck in a industrial wasteland for the rest of your life

Wew, why not just buy a ticket to Siberia?
>>
>>385345747
Its not whether or not he deserves it in an all knowing sense, its whether or not he THINKS he deserves it. If he felt no remorse he wouldnt see pyramid head or he wouldnt have been called there in the first place. But since he himself feels regret and anger at himself, then his mental and emotional states are reflected in the monsters he sees. If I were to. lets say hug someone, then people would say that I dont deserve self punishment. but if I myself feel regret and remorse in that action, then I would see monsters if I were to be in SH2.
>>
>>385370131
>he wouldnt have been called there in the first place.

James wasn't "called" there, he was going to Silent Hill to commit suicide.

Angela was going to see her mother. Eddie is the only one who goes to Silent Hill with no motive.

>then I would see monsters if I were to be in SH2.

You would see the monsters regardless. Everybody sees the monsters. Laura is the only character in the entire series who doesn't see the monsters and we don't even know why and for all we know she could be autistic and not even comprehend they're monsters.
>>
>>385371052
>He wasnt called there
Then why does eddie say "this town called you too" and the letter just dissapears leaving a blank piece of paper. He only goes to commit suicide in 1 out of the 4 endings. He went there in hopes to see his wife which he thought was dead.

Angela thought her family went to Silent Hill for unknown reasons. Possibly another trick the town used to call her there, or I guess tricked into going there rather

Eddie flat out says he was called there

>I would see monsters regardless
Laura doesnt see monsters because she hasnt done anything bad or doesnt feel remorse for anything. Autistic or not, if she doesnt feel remorse or hasnt committed a grievous crime, she wouldnt see monsters, which she doesnt. She doesnt acknowledge any monsters, not even the fleshlips she locks James in with.

But then again this is all open ended stuff. Theres no real concrete thing either of us can point to to prove one or the other wrong. All the evidence that we can point to can be interpreted in different ways. Im not saying youre wrong, but thats the way I see it
>>
>>385371934
>she hasnt done anything bad or doesnt feel remorse for anything
Is heavly implyed that she killed her father who molested her with the knife she give go james.
>>
>>385371934
>Then why does eddie say "this town called you too" and the letter just dissapears leaving a blank piece of paper
There was no letter at all. It disappears completely. Totally made it up.
The town "Calling" people is like someone saying "this must be fate!"; a supersitious explanation for the situation.

Angela was just nuts, and was looking for her family to literally kill them all. Which she might've already done.

Eddie shot a guy in the leg and his dog, then escaped cops to the town. Then it started fullfilling his revenge fantasies, making him feel like a god.
>>
>>385355267
>Guys, I have problems with silent hill 3. I downloaded this version from rutracker and it goes like shit
What does that even mean?
And just grab the game from the links at: >>385354108
Don't use fishy ruskie shit links.

>>385361980
What kind of silly question is that?
SH1 is fucking masterpiece. It also plays exactly like its two sequels. And I'd say it's the spookiest one of the original trilogy.
>>
If Origins didn't fuck with the backstory of Silent Hill 1 would it be a good SH game?
>>
>>385373573
No.
The writing is awful, MC a total stone wall brick, gameplay is clunky as fuck, and everything from enemy designs (or lack of it) to the manual world-transitions via mirrors just reek of laziness.
>>
>>385373573
>Punching the monsters
>Hamfisted "le personnel nightmare" backstory
No
>>
>>385354108
seed silent hill 3 niggas I wanna play
>>
>>385353238
What the fuck is this? Are they being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>385372447
I was saying Laura hasnt done anything, not Angela. I know angela murdered her family
>>
>>385374719
Fuck, i had a slip
>>
>>385371934
The letters appears outside of Silent Hill, so it was probably a creation from James's psychotic break and not the town's power. The town is awakening James from his delusion.

Eddie's words have been explained here >>385372508. Plus he wasn't feeling guilt or remorse, he was quite happy to be in Silent Hill actually, plus he only killed a dog.

Angela was looking for her mother specifically, she knew her father and brother were dead, so she wasn't in a state of delusion like James was.
>>
For all of the silent hill calls you fags how do you explain the next two games in which silent hill appears only in the second half of the third?
>>
>>385375862
basically
>>
>>385354356
>second half is literally an escort mission going through the first half of the game a second time
>Eileen AI is also atrocious
>Henry is a blank slate of a character you don't give a fuck about
>mostly forgettable enemy designs
>few memorable setpieces
>ending setpiece is literally just an Evangelion ripoff with shit gameplay

Yeah, total pleb filter. To filter out the Team Silent dickriding retards that pretend that trash was anything but. This "SH4 actually wasn't shit!" trend needs to end.
>>
>>385376763
This one just got filtered
>>
>>385361536
i've never played a silent hill game
>>
>>385379317
What are you waiting for ?
>>
>>385375862
Even in SH2 itself there are notes reporting about people disappearing and seeing weird things. Which proves the town can affect any person.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.