[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CRPG's for newfags like me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 25491_boxshot_1.jpg (264KB, 870x1107px) Image search: [Google]
25491_boxshot_1.jpg
264KB, 870x1107px
Trying to get into the genre, any recommendations?
>>
>>385338341
Baldurs Gate 2
>>
Try Pillars of Eternity
>>
sub-hijack since it's a similar question
how's Planescape for a beginner? only games I've played that are even somewhat similar are BG: Dark Alliance and Div: OS
>>
File: fo.jpg (62KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
fo.jpg
62KB, 640x520px
>>385338341
Fallout
>>
Temple of elemental evil
>>
>>385338661
it depends on what you want form an rpg. PS:T has lots of writing; a bit too much imo. The story, characters, lore and setting are excellent, but there's just not enough combat for my taste

for me, it's a very memorable game, but it's not a game I want to play again
>>
>>385339231
that's the main attraction to me, the writing and the whole package
I was just worried I wouldn't understand the combat system, even if there is such a small amount; all I've heard is dump into INT, WIS and CHA and go fighter, fuck knows if that's good advice
>>
>>385338661
Sure? But it's all about dialogue and exploring the weird and wonderful world that is planescape, there's not much else to it
>>
>>385338341
Morrowind
>>
>>385339446
combat is simple enough. Definitely simpler than BG's. You might want to look up a build guide if you're worried you'll make a bad build
>>
>>385338341
Divinity Original Sin if you want something recent in an oldschool style. If you're ok to start with older games you have all the classic big names, Fallout, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, etc.

Ultima Underworld is often considered to be an Immersive Sim, that's a genre that could also interest you. I'd recommend Arx Fatalis, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

>>385338661
For the combat, one of your companions has a taunt than can pull enemies one by one to be slaughtered by your entire party so the normal encounters are never a problem. I played a mage and I only remember one optional hard fight and maybe two or three others that are relatively challenging in the entire game.

I also don't believe I got stuck at any point without knowing what to do next. I'd say it's very beginner friendly if you like reading.
>>
How's Grimoire?
>>
>>385342614
Will never come out
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.