[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game better than the originals or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: thumbnail.jpg (28KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
28KB, 225x225px
Is this game better than the originals or not?
>>
the physics are worse and it's buggier, so sadly not
>>
The graphics are better and they fixed the shitty physics and where you could stand on a box fine with the very tips of your shoes, so yes
>>
>>385331394
what are you talking about, the physics are imprecise as fuck in the remasters?
>>
>>385331478
No they are not, the originals were extremely forgiving and they fixed it

Most importantly it isn't super easy to just run the ropes on the bridge levels
>>
>>385331802
you're retarded, the wonkjy physics is not an improvement. As for the bridge trick, they shouldn't have allowed the player to walk on the ropes to begin with, justifying the physics issues with this is just stupid.
>>
>>385331889
You're retarded.
>>
>>385331889
It's not wonky though. Git gud
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzdeLqZ1ytc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i8E5hmObVU
>>
File: 1489634610521.jpg (2MB, 2024x2107px) Image search: [Google]
1489634610521.jpg
2MB, 2024x2107px
I only tried the originals a few times. I've been playing these remasters lately tho.

They're pretty great senpai.
>>
>>385332253
>>385332407
if you're bouncing on one of those bouncy crates you'll gradually slip off. This is not at all how it's intended to work, it's a bug with the physics (this doesn't just affect those crates either, although it's the easiest way to replicate the issue)
>>
>m-muh physics aren't the same!

That's because it's a remake and not a port, if you want physics like they were back then play the originals.
>>
>>385332881
anon, it's a thread about whether the originals or remakes are better - which is why I prefer the originals as they got the physics right.
>>
You could easily jump from one box to another all day in the originals. Not so much in the remaster. The game feels like it has input lag which renders precision almost non existent, a lot of times resulting in stupid deaths.
>>
g-guys... am i a fag for liking this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flYUW9-A_M
>>
>>385333002
>>385333568
Are you using the d pad or the analogue stick?
>>
>>385333808
dpad mostly, doesn't stop the physics issues though
>>
>>385333781
yes
>>
>>385333808
Tried both extensively. Both felt similar in precision. Then I noticed a couple FPS delay between pressing X and actually jumping. Never seen this in any other game with this TV.
>>
>>385330925
>not playing the superior version
>>
The Crash 1 remake is definitely better than the original. However, the jumping layouts for the Crash 2 remake and the heavier vehicle controls for the Crash 3 remake lead the original versions of those two games to still be better.
>>
>>385334909
is that goatse hand?
>>
>>385330925
They were shit. The original Crash games were shining examples of making the most of limited hardware, the remakes are shittily made soulless cashgrabs 2017 style. Digital vomit.
>>
File: Consider The Following.png (51KB, 246x214px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following.png
51KB, 246x214px
>>385330925
Crash was never good.

Even 3D Sonic games were better.
>>
>>385334826
why exactly?
>>
>>385334909

That's a big bulging bandicoot benis.
>>
>>385330925
By far
>>
Im agreeing with the fact that the physics and hitboxes are fucked in the remake.

Its playable, but its also more annoying than fun. The jumps were designed around the old physics, and some graphics (fire) were shrunk without also shrinking the hitbox.
>>
>>385336132
You don't even deserve a bait image, but here's your (You)
>>
>>385330925
>Is this game better than the originals or not?
No. New sound effects are shit, new graphics have no charm, gameplay is fucked up. There's no reason to play it.
>>
>>385337541
Dumb Nintent.oddler
>>
>>385337663
you
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.