[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the Wii so successful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1501098949912.jpg (138KB, 2048x981px) Image search: [Google]
1501098949912.jpg
138KB, 2048x981px
Why was the Wii so successful?
>>
Casuals
>>
Nintendo sold out to the mass market with a gimmick. The same mass market Nintendo fans seem to hate for buying COD and Fifa.
>>
Literally a meme normie system that became "the bowling/tennis game toy" with a horrible attach rate.
They kept on with the health shit till it ran dry and destroyed the brand and even Nintendo's name severely.
>>
The gimmicky nature of it plus good/casual pack in games
>>
File: 202494_scr1_a.png (129KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
202494_scr1_a.png
129KB, 800x446px
A little gem like this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbDLuDRgnkM

REMINDER THAT THIS EXISTS
>>
>>385328132
Good marketing.

They managed to sell a console as some sort of lifestyle object and thus gained access to markets that normally would not buy gaming consoles.
>>
I don't get why Nintendo fans think Nintendo is all about the games and their core fanbase when Nintendo started the gimmick trend. The Wii was successful so they continued the trend. If the Wii U was successful as well they would have continued catering to casuals. It was only when the Wii U failed that they went back to their core fanbase.
>>
File: 1501093646922.jpg (98KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1501093646922.jpg
98KB, 808x805px
>>385328630
The Wii didn't even play DVDs
>>
>>385328132
dumb fat americans legit thought they could get fit with a videogame
>>
One thing I noticed with the Wii and people who bought it that are not gamers: they usually used it for Wii Sports, Netflix, and maybe 1 or 2 shovelware fishing or racing games. Maaaybe Mario Kart, but that is about it.

Seriously, I have seen this in like 10 or so homes with friends/relatives and whatnot that are not gamers.
>>
>>385328132
It marketed to a new demographic, and gave them something more sensible than tapping on a handheld mouse to play the games.
>>
>>385328132
How is the ps4 more popular than the 360? It feels like gaming is smaller now than it was in 2007-8. Maybe it's just because all of the AAA titles released now are trash.
>>
>>385328132
Normies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.