[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game did Flashbang right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: GG08032.jpg (36KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
GG08032.jpg
36KB, 266x400px
What game did Flashbang right?
>>
>>385327523

None of them, because a flashbang seriously fucks you up.
You become disorientated, you become deaf for a long time and lose your balance, not to mention being blind for a while.
>>
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the best and also the most realistic flashbang of all-time.
>>
>>385328027
>realistic
>>
csgo
>>
>>385327523
Battlefield 3, the shrapnel can't kill you if you throw it close
>>
>>385328232
*can
>>
>>385328027
you gotta be fucking baiting me
>>
>>385327523
None.
No, they do not create huge, blinding flashes of lighting. They are simply VERY loud, often pressure-wave creating DISTRATION device, which is meant to create a short opening in your opponent's focus. Startle and disorientate them so they don't instantly realize to retaliate your attempt to light up the room and take you down.
>>
>>385327523
Rainbow Six does a pretty decent job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moJADQwazAM
>>
>>385327523
SWAT4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpzhkiKJALI

well its not exactly flashbang but you are totally fucked if you eaten one
too bad the game itself is total shit now
>>
>>385327523
Alan Wake
>>
>>385328484
lies

>The flash produced momentarily activates all photoreceptor cells in the eye, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds, until the eye restores itself to its normal, unstimulated state. An afterimage will also be visible for a considerable time, impairing the victim's ability to aim with precision. The loud blast is meant to cause temporary loss of hearing, and also disturbs the fluid in the ear, causing loss of balance.
>>
>>385327523
Space Station 13 does flash bangs okay, with the exception that they don't blow your hands off if you we're crazy enough to keep holding it (At least on the serb I play on).
>>
>>385328484
They're flashbangs because they create a flash and a bang
>>
>>385328484
There are grenades that do just a concussive bang, and some that do just a flash, but a flashbang does indeed do both
>>
>>385328138
Needs to distort your movement and aiming
>>
>>385328730
Nope. I have first-hand experience handling flashbangs, in the army.
They do create sort of flashes, but they do literally jack shit to you out in the open, during day light. Which is why room clearing often can involve taking out the electricity; your eyes get fucked up way easier in the dark.

>>385328775
>>385328882
like said, the flash part is extremely exaggerated in films and vidya. Most of their effect comes from the loud 180+ db bang and the pressure the contained explosion(s) create, which can also generate heat, sparks, and flashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgtRCJlkEAI
>>
>>385329213
>Most of their effect comes from the loud 180+ db bang and the pressure the contained explosion(s) create, which can also generate heat, sparks, and flashes.

This is true, however there are different kinds of flashbangs and there certainly are ones that emphasize the "flash" more, although the "bang" is still worse. They are used in SWAT operations at night, whereas "normal" flashbangs will also be used in daylight because the bang is so debilitating, more than you could imagine
>>
>>385327674
This to be honest. No game has done the flashbang right because real flashbangs fuck your shit up for more than 3 seconds and have friendly fire.

If you want a game that has fun flashbangs though and you don't care about realism then Killing Floor 2 is pretty good. SWAT can flashbang the big zeds and blow their heads off with smg fire before their disorientation wears off.
>>
>>385328527
I love that shit so much
>>
>>385328520
>play Siege
>trying to throw flash
>hit the corner of the door/plank and it bounce right back on your feet
>blind yourself for full 5 secs
>>
>>385329445
Killing Floor 2's flashbangs surprised me. Thankfully they don't blind the SWAT user because that would suck, though I was surprised to see if it detonates at a zed's feet it can cause serious harm.

Sometimes a single flashbang is better at clearing trash zeds than your guns.
>>
>>385331018
KF2's flashbangs are perhaps closest to the real deals I've seen in a game so far. Yes, you don't wanna be holding one when it goes off.
>>
>>385329445
Well it comes down to balance. you can't have a flashbang knock a player out the game for minutes at a time or something.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.