[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What GPU do I need to run emulators?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I know I need a ridiculous overclocked CPU, but what about graphics power? It'd be nice if I could save up some cash on the GPU ... but what would be enough then?
>>
For dolphin a fermi gpu and an i5, that will play any emu, my i5 at stock runs cemu without issue
>>
>>385325351
No you dont.
You can get a stock quad core 3.5ghz cpu and you will be able to run most stuff.
>>
Get a 1070 it play anything if you cannot afford it get a 1050ti/60
>>
Thread/
>>
With the current state of PS3 and WiiU emulation, what would you need ?
>>
>>385325351
you really dont need much
>>
>>385326245
>>385325707
>>
Thread/
>>
>>385326245
An i7 7700K is considered "top of the line".

In reality, a Ryzen 1700X should do just fine. Better yet, just overclock a normal Ryzen 1700. There's about a 90% chance you can reach 1700X speeds and then some.
>>
>>385326841
But thats like using a kielm to make toast, theres no need for ryzan for emulation a pc from 5 years ago will do emulation just fine, get an i5 and a gpu from the last decade

>This will emulate any present emulator weather it be snes9x epsxe project 64 dolphin, cemu, pcsx2 retro arch and its cores
>>
>>385325707
I have a stock i5-6500 and a factory OCd 950 ... would that let me run most emulators fine?
>>
>>385328424
Emulators are heavily cpu dependent it really dont matter what gpu you have as long as it has atleast a 1.5vram you laughing, they only need good gpu for,aa, downsampling, you dont even need a gpu to run dolphin but it helps if you want fancy graphics an i5 will play dolohin at 1920x1080
>>
>>385328424
My 3570k at stock (yeah its a waste of k i know) and my old 770 and my old 480 had no issue emulating
>>
My old 770 and 3570k emulated mgs3 in pcsx2 perfectly with minor small spikes in, cutscenes but still 100% completable and that is by far the most demanding game you could possibly emulate
>>
>>385329359
Ohh I thought I needed like a top of the line overclocked i7 to run most things fine, guess I'm fine with my i5.
>>
>>385330920
Lol, nah thats a forced intel meme
>>
With emulation the only big issues you could encounter are issues what any pc would have like for example it doesnt matter what system you are running you WILL NOT be able to use thermal vision on mgs3 under pcsx2 weather you have 100ghz and and 6gpu's
>>
>>385325351
GTX 1060 6GB at least

>>385325929
or this
>>
>>385325351
>I know I need a ridiculous overclocked CPU,
You don't know jack shit.
>>
>>385325351
Depends solely on what you want to emulate. Dolphin/PCSX2/Retroarch (pretty much anything from SNES downwards with some exceptions---cough, cough, N64 and Saturn), a mid tier i5 and a 770-950 will be enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't invest in a gaming PC solely for emulation. The newer systems (CEMU, RPCS3) are still far from compatible with most games and even the handful of Demon Souls/P5 youtube videos post on /v/ are hacked up and often deceptive.

Emulation is the cherry on the sundae of gaming on the PC platform, not the ice cream.
>>
Use this to find recommended emulators.
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Daily reminder anyone who uses ZSNES over SNES9x is retarded
>>
does netplay still work on anything?

i loved me some online mario kart
>>
Pretty much all the GPU does in this case is pump pixels to the screen so the only thing it'll do is allow you to run at giant resolutions.
>>
you dont need a ludicrously overclocked CPU to run most emulators you fucking retard i was literally running emulators on my 386
>>
M8 I use a laptop to play Dolphin and PCSX2. Don't be a retard who say that you need some top tier CPU.
>>
People need to start ignoring stupid ass questions and let these people just suffer
>>
File: giphy.gif (592KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
592KB, 500x500px
>>385325707
>thermi gpu
>recommending a house fire
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.