[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF8 or TEW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Wallpaper_Squall_01_1920x1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_Squall_01_1920x1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
What should I buy for 4 bucks: The Evil Within (without DLCs) or Final Fantasy VIII?
>>
>>385322840
I don't know what TEW is, but FF8 is the GOAT Final Fantasy.
>>
Depends what kind of game you're in the mood for. Those two games are fucking worlds apart in every aspect

ffviii is one of humanities greatest masterpieces bttwww
>>
>>385323171
I want to play TEW but DLCs are fucking expensive and I think that they are essential
>>
I enjoyed FF8 a lot more than Evil Within, but they're completely different genres.
>>
File: 1498933300649.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1498933300649.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>385322906
It's really not. It's very much not. The story is nonsense, and requires a bunch of mental gymnastics and a heaping pile of Deus Ex Machina just to come together. If you think that's good, you're not very bright.
>>
>>385323258
I'm playing tew now, and you really don't need the dlc for it. It's not that expensive, though, you can get all three if you get the $10 season pass. But it's pretty fun if you don't mind ammo scarcity. The game has some interesting ideas, such as allowing the player to burn dead bodies, which insta-kills any living enemies near enough to catch fire. I find that in general the game awards "smart" actions like that. The game also awards exploration a lot. Sometimes I'll walk somewhere and say to myself "there's no way I was intended to be here" only to find an item. The puzzles are pretty weak, though. A lot of them give you a 50/50 chance of guessing the right answer.
I really disliked ff8, though. I found that the game basically forced the player to stop using basic attacks, and instead start spamming the junction attacks. I also was disappointed to learn that bosses level with the characters. I just don't think it's ever a good idea to do that. The main character is also pretty annoying, and just says "whatever" all the time. Collecting creatures for junctions is pretty fun, though, and ff8 has a card game which is pretty fun.
>>
>>385324434
fuck yeah Triple Triad
I'm >>385324249
and despite all that I'd still recommend FFVIII over TEW. It's just not better than many FFs.
>>
>>385324434
>you really don't need the dlc for it
Is that really so? I think I'm buying TEW then firstly because I am a Resi fan and like RE4. Secondly, I hate weeb shit and turn-based JRPGs (I just happen to like FF story).
>>
>>385322840
>mediocre nu-horror or weird-ish jRPG

Get the one you're gearing most towards.

For what it's worth, I mostly enjoyed FF8 but that was still during the gen5/6-era. TEW on the other hand was gobshite and you're better off getting RE4HD instead
>>
>>385324579
>I'd still recommend FFVIII over TEW
Yeah, I could see that, I just happen to be more of a horror fan so maybe I'm biased. The games are really just to different to compare.
>>385324629
Well tbqh I'm only about halfway through the game now, I just got the feeling that the story is self-contained enough without the dlc. But if you're interested because you like re4, I should warn you that the game is less action-oriented, and plays more like a stealth game in some parts. But the game does throw waves of enemies at you every now and then. Usually when you have a partner with you.
>>
>>385322840
FF VIII
>>
>>385322840
test
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.