[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix early access?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 04050709122l.jpg (36KB, 750x396px) Image search: [Google]
04050709122l.jpg
36KB, 750x396px
How do we fix early access?
>>
>>385318573
by not playing them
>>
>>385318573
by not allowing them
>>
File: 1500296118119.jpg (59KB, 605x643px) Image search: [Google]
1500296118119.jpg
59KB, 605x643px
Just remove it.
Early access is a consistent cycle, with the rare game being an exception
>>
>>385318573
As long as piracy continues, stuidos will continue to try to make up for the lost profit.

So never unless piracy stops.
>>
>>385318573

Some good games could have never been done without early access, some shit developers abuse this system to make money with unfinished games.

I have no problem buying early access games AS LONG AS the already existing content meets my expectations.
>>
>>385319106
>no piracy
>no reason not to ask 100$ for game
>>
>>385318573
Let people refund it at any point during the EA period.
>>
>>385319529
This actually makes sense. Shit that's been in 'development' for years without any sort of reasonable progress or has stopped all together. Gang Beasts being a good example, I swear it gets worse every fucking 'update'
>>
>>385319529
This. Ideally shit like EA shouldn't exist at all, but this would be a good compromise.
>>
>>385319529
Was just going to post this. It would be more of an investment then purchase.
>>
>>385319246
Is Dead Cells a good example of EA?
>>
>>385318573
>How do we fix early access?
You don't "fix" anything, shitter. You are irrelevant and your opinion is trash. Unless the average casual gamer stops buying early access games, it's not going anywhere, which will never happen, because only autistic dumbfucks like you care about how people want to spend their money.
>>
By not paying for them. Or if you really want to play it wait until the price of the early-access game matches the worth of the content, as it is at the time in your view.

This won't stop unless people stop falling into hype.
>>
>>385318573
make them free and call them betas
>>
>>385318573
i think factorio is the only early access game i wasn't mad about. but it was basically feature complete by the time it came to steam early access.

then again i already pirated it long before it ever came to steam
>>
>>385319757
I doubt DayZ will every actually release, so this would be a good change.

Another good change would be:
>All EA games must be submitted with a roadmap of their intended progress
>If the roadmap does not seem reasonable or is too slow, they don't get in
>They must have updates at least every X days
>They must have transparency in terms of where their are on their roadmap
>Failure to do so will result in the game being taken off the Steam Store if they get too far behind or simply stop updating or similar
>>
>>385318829
This, don't starve was the only early access I've ever bought and they gave me an extra copy. Most early access are cash grabs.
>>
>>385319106
Blaming piracy not microtransactions, you're part of the problem.
>>
>>385320425
>>385320425

I don't know about Dead Cells but Subnautica would be an excellent example.
>>
They should be free with a donation option until it actuall comes out
>>
File: Frankenstein pout.webm (674KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Frankenstein pout.webm
674KB, 960x540px
>>385318573
How about punishments for non updates a list of features in future released and punishments for not releasing them in a timely matter and steps to go from alpha to beta to release with enough promised content. Because DayZ is still in EA and that's horse shit for multiple reasons.
>>
File: 1407726059498.jpg (39KB, 281x324px) Image search: [Google]
1407726059498.jpg
39KB, 281x324px
EA has been highly successful with titles like PUB, Factorio and Prison Architect.

As long as it continues to produces successes, even if it is one in a hundred, it won't go anywhere. Better get used to it.
>>
>>385318573
If developers want to put their game on Steam for EA, it has to be free. There. No more complaints and refunds, no more games being stuck in EA limbo forever.
If you want to charge for EA you can do it elsewhere but if you want Steam's audience so you can actually sell your game when it's done, you can't charge money for it while it's unfinished.
>>
>>385319440
Well there is

>Game costs $100
>Fewer people willing to buy it
>Game hinges on reviewers to sell it
>End up making a demo of the game instead
>Piracys number 1 "reason" for theft dealt with

What you're doing is glorifying your own mental gymnastics to somehow say piracy is a good thing.
You're not important
You're not sticking it to the man
You're not clever
You're not "keeping game prices in check"

You're common thieves
You're also bullshitting yourselves as to why you steal.

I'd have more respect for pirates that say they do it because they can, not because
>M-muh standards
>M-muh state of gaming!
>I won't support the dev
>They don't cater to my fetish
>Game was shit anyway
>Try before buy lol
>>
>>385324896
You believe it's a matter of dev ethics rather than steam ethics. It wouldn't happen if steam didn't allow it and created early access system bullshit.
Protip : they let it happen because it makes a ton of money. The real solution is that people do educated purchases and don't buy unifinished products with no guarantee or possible refund.
>>
>>385319106
>piracy
>lost profit
I'm going to need all the citations.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.