[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there enough advantages for gaming in Windows 10 that it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Is there enough advantages for gaming in Windows 10 that it's worth upgrading to and selling my soul to Bill Gates?
>>
if you don't care about xbone ports, no.
>>
My computer came with Win10 preinstalled and I've never had an issue with playing a game. The only issue I have had is Widnows quietly downloading large, unblockable patches and the only reason I find out about it is because they'll give me a random notification that a 20GB update just finished downloading and the PC is going to auto-restart in 30 seconds.
>>
>>385316992
This and DX12 (which is shit anyway, Vulkan is the future)
>>
File: bait 3.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait 3.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>385317142
>This and DX12 (which is shit anyway, Vulkan is the future)
>>
>>385316897
Pirate it like normal people do.
>>
Windows 10 only has a select few titles exclusive to it, just dual boot it with Windows 7 and use Win7 for general gaming and browsing.
>>
>>385316897
Whoa, why you be hating on Bill Gates now? He's been a huge philanthropist and done a lot of good things to advance science and society as a whole within this decade.
>>
Bill hasnt been oart if microsft for years, the only game ive not been able to play under win10 is old rainbow 6 but the some (voodoo dx or somthing) that will play em, win 10 is better then 7 but with 7 theres less ballshit hurdles to pass for retro vidya, but you locked out from some modern titles
>>
>>385317142
Vulkan is like OpenlGL, nobody will use it except iD software
Dx12 has been out for 2 years now and it's shit, I'd say a failure just like Dx10 was
Dx11 will carry us to Dx13, mark my words
>>
>>385317381
OP didn't say nothing agains bill gates

>>385316897
OP, if you are a normie automatic updates fag, I sugest you stay with 7 for more three years
>>
>>385316897
If you do, get Pro. Windows 10 treats its users like fucking babies and Pro is the only way to gain SOME sense of control. It is still fucked regardless. I only upgraded to 10 because it was free and I knew they would eventually stop/gut support for previous versions. Stayed on 7 as long as I possibly could without having to fork money over to pay to get screwed.

This sums up how most "power users" (who am I kidding? Pretty much anyone who knows fuck all about computers) feel about this garbage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

>>385317274
He didn't say he was buying it. He was just asking if it was worth upgrading.
>>
>>385316897
>Windows 10
>Advantages
Only for marketers and people who make spyware.
>>
>>385316897
If you play on PC or Xbox, you are already using Windows and thus have already sold your soul. Might as well not bite the hand that feeds you.

>>385317841
>Vulkan is like OpenlGL, nobody will use it except iD software
Except all good emulators of modern consoles already give it preferential treatment.
>>
>>385318151
the users is who is feeding tho
>>
>>385318151
>Except all good emulators of modern consoles already give it preferential treatment.
it's not like emulation is big now that we get ports of almost everything and multiplats are the standard.
And nobody cares about the WiiU emulator, really
>>
>>385316897
Bill Gates hasn't worked for Microsoft in over a decade

Anyway, the gaming performance gains for Windows 10 are 5-10% at most. Totally negligible for the amount of personal data you're going to be sending microsoft

Hope you don't like searching your own filesystem for the hentai you have buried, the query is sent to Microsoft each time.
>>
What do we do when windows 7 ends support?
>>
>>385318834
form a suicide cult
>>
>>385318834

Windows 7 will be around a long time after Microsoft officially ends support, their support is fucking worthless anyway.
>>
>>385318834
As long as browsers, anti-viruses and games still support Windows 7, it doesn't really matter if Microsoft ends it. Besides, 8.1 is still a viable upgrade despite it's shitty tablet layout
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.