[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Killhitler.jpg (92KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
Killhitler.jpg
92KB, 700x375px
What went wrong?
>>
>>385307832
The art style and the performance was shitty
no necromancer
phase wolf levels reset when you quit and reload, letting you do the entire thing again and again
>>
>>385307832
boring skills, terrible drops, boring archetype enemies, diablo-2 clone-ish music, non-existent story... yeah.
>>
Mods killed the game
>>
Delay and broken promises. They have delayed the release for half a year, because they probably didn't have the features Diablo III did. And it was shit, barely any improvement over TL1.
>>
>>385307832
I loved it but just like the first one there was no replay value.
>>
nothing really, was a solid game with good pacing.

my only gripes were item modifiers weren't so varied, and certain modifiers disappear from some items after a certain level, like poison element wands stop spawning after item level 40 ish for some reason
>>
>>385309334
Because you didn't play it properly. First one must be played on VH+HC, because other difficulties are trivial, there is no need to be cautious. Second one can't be played on Elite+HC, because of large health pool of mobs: you spend about 2 minutes to kill 1 monster, then again, then again. TL1 was better in that regard, you have to spend alot of time with incomplete fully defensive builds only - takes less than 10 hours until your build is ready, and there are workarounds, like summons or fast weapons.
>>
diablo and all clones are retard games.

0 challenge , all mindless mouse ticking,same grindy shit
>>
Class Mods made the game fun
>>
>>385309651
But for what? If i remember correctly the weapon variety was boring, the enemies were always 1-2 levels out of reach, when ever you get a better drop it was like a minimal amount of damage increase, there was next to no real item management etc. There was just nothing there to keep me playing.
>>
>>385310367
Oh, you are talking about TL2? Then you are right, but in TL1 were no such things.
>>
>>385307832

>Sell itself as the proper Diablo.
>all classes suck because they "didn't want it to be like diablo"
>Much of the lore was cut making the game uninteresting.
>World is filled with clutter making it seem small as shit.
>Can't freely switch between difficulties walling of majority of players.
>Abandoned the game on release and told modders to fix it.
>>
File: Rubytakeoffyourmask.png (487KB, 800x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Rubytakeoffyourmask.png
487KB, 800x1086px
Downloaded a Ruby mod
>>
>>385310707

At one point Cain was going to be revealed to be Belial
That was cut for who knows whatever reason.
>>
>>385307832
>What went wrong?
The modding cap. Torchlight 2 had a very interested modding community until that happened.

Barely anyone used multiplayer and even less used it when the workshop came.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.