[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nancy Drew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: msyter.jpg (63KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
msyter.jpg
63KB, 357x500px
Midnight in Salem FUCKING WHEN?
Also, what is your favorite Nancy Drew game? If you didn't play any, check them out, great detective games.
>>
I can't be the only one who plays these
>>
This is the sort of game your aging feminist mother would play
>>
>>385303913
You didn't even give it a shot
It's great
>>
File: aas.jpg (42KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
aas.jpg
42KB, 604x402px
!!
>>
when
>>
>>385303684

I loved this game as a kid even though it scared the hell out of me. E for everyone my ass.
>>
>>385304864
Yea, these games are made for teenage girls but they are scary as fuck. What were they thinking?
>>
>>385304903

> Creepy voices and music as you walk around
>That one terrifying phone call
>Feeling of isolation
>That one part where you're walking through a dark tunnel and fall to your death

The atmosphere and music in these games are surprisingly good. They're criminally underrated, Message in a Hunted Mansion in particular.
>>
>>385305175
Have you played any other games? The Curse of Blackmoor Manor is a pure nightmare fuel. I can't imagine a kid playing this game be mentally stable
>gloomy music
>old castle with gargoyles and latin sentences all around
>that feeling of isolation (again!)
>labyrinths
>everyone is acting offensive to you like it's a fucking morrowind
>THAT PART WITH WEREWOLF HAND HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>that part where you run out of light in the basement

These fucking games
>>
Only played like 3 of them but this one was my favorite. My cousins and I used to play for hours and hours.
>>
>>385303684
http://store.steampowered.com/app/31830/Nancy_Drew_Curse_of_Blackmoor_Manor/

this my fav one
>>
>>385305296
i think u forgot the part where u can die from plant-vore
>>
File: icicle.jpg (103KB, 314x476px) Image search: [Google]
icicle.jpg
103KB, 314x476px
this game is great
proper mystery, atmosphere is real great with all those voices and noises in the background
it's just good try it out
>>
>>385303684
I used to borrow these games from my local library when I was a kid, they're great fun.
>>
Soon hopefully. My wife and I played through some together because she loves the series so much. Supposedly the new one is supposed to be fantastic so we will see.
>>
>>385305551
>Supposedly the new one is supposed to be fantastic
Why?
>>
That's the perfect example of great videogames being forgotten in time and criminally underrated because publisher is unknown and brand isn't very big.
>>
Is the Dossier series any different from the main series?
>>
>>385305296
I've played Stay Tuned for Danger, Message in a Haunted Mansion, Treasure in the Royal Tower and The Final Scene. Haven't played any of them in years and my mom got rid of the disks awhile ago. Are the newer ones actually as good as the old ones?
>>
>>385305904
The Golden age is blackmoor curse to waverly academy. All of those are fantastic and atmospheric. The only one I don't really like is ransom of seven ships.
>>
>>385305593
I think they said it's being made from the ground up with a new engine.
>>
>>385305296
>>385305472
>>385305904

Played this one to but forgot about it since I have it on the Wii. Still got it and might pop it in. Don't think I ever beat it either.
>>
>>385305834
Yes.
They are terrible.
They removed everything cool from the main range (atmosphere, characters, worldbuilding, immersion) and added arcade casual stuff
avoid it
>>
>>385303684
Haunted Carousel was my first one of these. Can't get them working on my current toaster, sadly.
>>
>>385306081
What do you mean? They work on my windows 7.
>>
>>385306382
toaster =/= dated OS

probally no dedicated GPU / shit&ancient CPU
>>
File: ,eaa.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
,eaa.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>385306431
so your PC cant handle this advanced graphics?
>>
>>385306592
you'd be surprised, but having a CPU that's ancient wont allow you to play any games at all, they literally cannot do graphical rendering properly.

in recent years most cpu models have integrated GPU hardware in them, that have become somewhat decent.
>>
>>385306701
that's sad
>>
File: Danger_on_Deception_Island[1].png (186KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Danger_on_Deception_Island[1].png
186KB, 256x363px
I made Nancy Drew threads back in 2010 and got maybe one response, good to see it's getting some discussion here.

Anyways my favourite is pic related. I loved eating clam chowder. My first one was Treasure in the Royal Tower, which was one of the best as well. Ghost Dogs was good too.
>>
>>385305904
Past the first 10 the plots started to get more fantastic. The first 10 are the best.
>>
>>385306759
Treasure at the Royal tower is shortest, I think. I could beat it as 10 years old in one day, and I wasn't the smartest kid.
>>
Are those games really good or it's a meme I don't know about?
>>
File: sea.jpg (274KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
sea.jpg
274KB, 1024x770px
Are recent games worth checking out?
>>
>>385306985
Are there any real fantastic elements though?
>>
one more
>>
POLLY
>>
god damn
>>
>>385303684
how big is Nancy's tits?
>>
>>385311106
Pretty small
>>
>>385308778
The solutions are never paranormal or supernatural, though there's always something in the epilogues that sorta hint that there's more than meets the eye. But the premises themselves grow less realistic.
>>
>>385303684
I love these games. I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>385312042
Lets talk about them
>>
>>385303684
I don't want to be the lone consolefag but are these PC only?
>>
>>385312662
Which one is the best one so far? There are so many. I own the haunting of castle malloy and the white wolf of icicle creek. I haven't played either of them yet. I borrowed them from my sister when I moved out.
>>
>>385312907
Yes
The Icicle Wolf one is on WII too
>>
>>385313642
Is it any good or did being on the Wii ruin it?
>>
The Hawaii one is the comfiest one
Prove me wrong
>>
>>385303684
Huh, didn't know /v/ played this shit too. It's kinda strange how there's been no news about the new one. New engine maybe?
Blackmoor, Last Train, White Wolf, and Crystal Skull are top tier
>>
>>385314094
It's good
WII didn't even change it that much

>>385314539
Maybe it's comfy but is 'comfy' a good thing for Nancy Drew games? No sense of danger.
>>
What is the worst part
>>
>iron lemon juice stained paper
>place iron back in wall holster
>leave hotel to continue investigating
>get call from client that the hotel burned down
>get fired
lel
>>
>>385305175
>>385305296
>>385305426
>can die brutally
>is rated E for Everyone

Fucking how?
>>
>>385316150
>walk to sign about weak floorboards
>fall through floor and die
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?
>>
>>385305782
And, you know, being based on an old IP for girls which screams shovelwear.
>>
>>385316396
Nancy can be smashed by a lift
Be frozen to death
Fall off a cliff
Be fucking burned alive in a sauna

>a game for kids
>>
>>385316587
But the thing is games are actually good and effort is put into them making them atmospheric and smart
>>
xD
>>
update.
>>
fucking bump
>>
>>385303913
nah m8, this is a game for based right wing mothers
>>
Fuck yeah, Nancy Drew. She's my all time waifu.

I've played them since nineties and have completed like all 30 of them. While some of them have fucking obscure and time sensitive puzzles, they usually are logical and I love them.
>>
>>385320683
Why do you think this series is so forgotten in time? Also, favorite moments / puzzles / characters / scenes?
>>
>>385321028
I think most people see it as a game for young girls that is being released like from fucking conveyor belt to harness dollarydoos from teenaged bookworms.

My favourite everything is from Blackmoor Manor. I'm sucker for anything occult and that hit the sweet spot. Alchemy puzzles, astrology puzzles and nice atmosphere.
>>
>>385322084
I love Blackmoor too. Atmosphere is just fantastic, I love the locations and how are latin sentences and alchemy is mixed with little girl's room. Also, what do you think of recent games? I haven't played a single one out of last ten, I think.
>>
>>385322084
Blackmoor is actually a really great game. The ghost hunt was my favorite moment. It was a nice break in the atmosphere.

>>385322469
My sister buys them all and I borrow the ones that I think would interest me. Ghost of Thornton Hall was probably the best of the recent games. They finally added the ability to skip dialogue.
>>
>>385322469
Personally I don't think, that quality has dropped. It's still the same Nancy Drew and since even the newer games are based on the books, story and general writing is still there. Best thing is, you can now skip dialogue!

Puzzle design is still a kinda lackluster. Aimless wandering and obscure solutions all day every day.
>>
>>385323453
>I will never have a sister
>>
Are book actually worth checking out?
>>
Which game is the most kino?
>>
>>385324268
I remember liking the Hardy Boys books (same publisher) when I was in elementary school but I can't remember if the books were actually good or not. Every book has a different author I think so the quality is probably inconsistent.
>>
Why are they developing last game for 2 years
>>
Nancy Drew is my waifu.
Is she the best female lead character ever?
>>
ayy lmao
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.