[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: psp.jpg (113KB, 1280x878px) Image search: [Google]
psp.jpg
113KB, 1280x878px
Is it worth buying one of these for $40? More importantly, is the PSN still available for it? Can I play PS1 games on it still? Should I just buy a Vita instead?
>>
>>385298876
The emulator for psp works really well.
>>
PS store is unavailable

You have to sideload everything from a PS3 or pirate it
>>
No. I keep all my PS1/PSP installs on PS3
>>
>>385299072
>>385300264
So aside from the emulator, PS3 would be more convenient when it comes to playing PS1 and PS2 games? What about PSP games?
>>
>PSN
any psp can be hacked

http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/
>>
>>385298876
It's the best handheld console and it's fully hackable. It has some of the best exclusives and it can play all of the ps1 games natively. Also, emulators work great on it. It's really a great device. I have a hacked PSP GO because it's really small and fits in my pocket so it's a great portable emulator machine. I also have the 3'd gen PSP for which I collect those mini CD games on.
It can be seen that this machine received a lot of love from Sony till the end, unlike PS Vita that was dumped by the first year. Such a shame, Vita cold be PSP2 if it received the same amount of love.
>>
>>385300942
>>385301310
I see, I will definitely look into this then. Does it matter which version is better when it comes to hacking it?
>>
>>385301694
Not really.
The 1000 and early 2000 models support safe permanent CFW, while the later 2000, 3000, Go and Street models require that you run a CFW launcher after a hard poweroff.

It barely matters because the PSP sleep mode lasts for months and the CFW launcher only takes 10 seconds.
>>
File: Ancient City of Asus.jpg (61KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient City of Asus.jpg
61KB, 640x462px
>>385298876

I will pay 80$ for a Vita. Better controllers for both, PS1 and PSP.

Just make sure of buy one that can be pirated.
>>
>>385302220
How do I make sure? How are some of them hackable and some aren't?
>>
>>385302412
If it's on 3.60 firmware or below, then it's hackable.
>>
>>385301694
First one is big and sturdy and heavy, but has a shit screen with a lot of ghosting.

Second one is lighter, has double the RAM so the games load faster, some screen improvements.

Third one is the one to get IMO. Refined, better screen without ghosting and some other improvements.

PSP GO is a total redesign with a flip screen thingy and it removed UMD drive as it was meant to be wi-fi only psp. Since PSN no longer works on PSP, this device is obsolete.... or not, since you can hack the fuck out of it and load pirated isos on it like me. It has actual internal memory, so games load fast as shit. Too bad this one floped hard, it's my favorite design.

Then there was another version for PAL countries. It was meant as a budget psp, with only mono speaker and no wifi (lol they backtracked on their PSP GO so hard). Otherwise great design, matte black colors and slimmer.

so here you go, if you want to know more about psp and collecting here is a video of a fat hippie guy that I follow on youtube, he seems to know his shit:
https://youtu.be/PeOszDTJ53M
>>
>>385298876
>$40
where are they selling it at that price?
>>
>>385302412
Vita-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-ultimate-noob-ps-vita-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

PSP-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacking-modding-f-a-q-start-here.268289/
>>
>>385302435
oh ok

>>385302459
Seems like Third Gen is the way to go since I can't a PSP GO nearby that's not overpriced. Thank for the info brother.

>>385302605
Coastal North Carolina, some guy in a nearby town. I used an app called OfferUp.

>>385302701
Thank you for this.
>>
>>385302094
>It barely matters because the PSP sleep mode lasts for months and the CFW launcher only takes 10 seconds.

Exactly. My go doesnt completely shut down even on 0% battery. And when it does, it takes 15 seconds to load the cfw.

Also the psp is an awesome portable psx machine.
>>
Also anon, keep in mind something people forget and is a very insteresting feature: The GO has one-savestate option that can be used to pause and also to play rng on any game.
>>
>>385298876
Hack it and get all games for free, including the japanese that never came to us.
>>
OP here, just found a guy selling a PSP GO for $100, claims it's hacked. Should I go for it or should I buy cheaper and hack it myself?
>>
>>385302220
Holy shit that image and filename made me laugh
>>
>>385305749
That's overpriced, you can buy a Vita for that price. Being hacked doesn't make a difference, it's trivial to do yourself.
>>
>>385305749
>100
Get a Vita for that price, nigga. Does everything psp does, can be hacked and has a better screen plus some good games.
>>
>>385305749
Thats ridiculously overpriced. I bought my go a few months ago for 55 and the guy didnt have a clue about "pirating" and only had player pro evolution soccer on it. I've seen people get one for even 35/40. Just lurk more and eventually you will get to one at a fair price.
>>
>>385305749
If it's that expensive you might as well just buy vita.
>>
>>385305881
>>385305940
>>385306096
I thought it might be overpriced, just needed reassurance
>>
What about online/multiplayer gameplay, can it still be done with it being hacked? I know I'm a retarded but I appreciate your continued feedback.
>>
>>385298876
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes, unless you want emulation.
>>
>>385307537
no servers
>>
Will I still have access to new game releases while they still come and how long does it take?
>>
>>385308154
Dude, the PSP is a discontinued hardware. It's retro, bro. No more new releases. But hey, there have been 869 games released for the PSP and many of those are really good games.
>>
Fuck I love my PSP.

GB/GBA Emulation.
SNES Emulation, isn't perfect, but it's still pretty damn good.
PS1 emulation natively.
PSP library.

It's pretty fucking cool being able to play a bunch of series across several generations on the one handheld.
>>
>>385309575
The PSP's emulation capabilities are overstated, GBA and SNES suck and PS1 still has a few holes.
>>
>>385307653
>>385309341
Sorry I should have specified, I meant for the VITA should I hack it.
>>
>>385309642

>The PSP's emulation capabilities are overstated, GBA and SNES suck and PS1 still has a few holes.

>overstated

No it's not, emulation is emulation, no one expects it to be fucking perfect you sperg and it is excellent on the PSP across several generations.
>>
>>385309706

If you hack a Vita you can't play the most recent games because they require more recent system software versions.
>>
>>385309725
>no one expects it to be fucking perfect
people cheer about GBA emulation on the PSP all the time but the majority of games need frameskip and suffer from audio desyncs.
With the amount of fanaticism PSP emulation expects you'd expect it to at least run at full speed.
>>
I'm curious: where are you all finding your Vitas for 100, and what condition are they in? I had to pay way more than that for a near mint 3G Vita running 3.52.
>>
>>385309879
I find this omission of facts even more prevalent among PCfriends, re: PS2 emulation.
>>
>>385310009
I agree, but at least PCSX2 has been getting better lately. The PSP is a dead end.
>>
>>385303125
I've got a psp go that's already got cfw on it. I'm willing to sell if you still haven't found one. Not gonna overcharge you either
>>
>>385309879

>people cheer about GBA emulation on the PSP all the time but the majority of games need frameskip and suffer from audio desyncs

Literally what?

In just the last week i've played....

Mother 3
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre
Advance Wars 1
Advance Wars 2
Minish Cap
Metroid Zero Mission
Fire Emblem

...and literally none of them have those problems, what GBA emulator are you running?
>>
>>385309879
>>385310009

Literally autism.
>>
>>385310113
I've tried all of them - tempgba4psp, gpsp-kai, gpsp-j, etc. None of them play Zero Mission without frameskips at 333MHz CPU clock.
>>
>>385309948

Even in my country, I find one in good condition for that price
>>
>>385310181
I bet you think ZSNES is acceptable in 2017 too.
>>
>>385300869
you'd be buying a very old early generation ps3, careful anon.
>>
>>385310181
Literally /v/'s favourite catchphrase.
>>
>>385310235

That's funny, because i'm playing it with GpSP right now and it's fine.
>>
Where are you guys finding Vitas for >$100?

The cheapest ones I find are around $150
>>
>>385310242
>good condition

That could mean "covered in scratches but I don't mind". Also, OLED or slim? 3G? I got one for the internal SD adapter coming this year.
>>
>>385310340
All that demonstrates is that you can't tell when a game runs like shit, not that it doesn't happen. Anyone can flip the framecounter on and watch it skip every other frame.
>>
>>385310375

Yeah, some scratches in the charger port, but the screen is OLED and in excellent condition
>>
Anyone play Shiren The Wanderer for the Vita?

Considering buying a Vita just this game..
>>
>>385310538
I tried it (my first MD game besides Pokemon) and couldn't get into it.
>>
>>385310497
Don't tell me hackable Vitas for 100 are plentiful if you're just going to downplay the concessions you'll have to make.
>>
>>385310616
Why? I love the Mystery Dungeon series, a lot of people say this is much closer to a rogue like than Mystery Dungeon is
>>
>>385310448

>Anyone can flip the framecounter on and watch it skip every other frame.

But it doesn't?
>>
OP here, half asleep so bear with me ok.
Not talking Vita anymore, I'll probable just buy and hack a few years from now or until the thing is truly dead. Found a PSP (Gen. unknown) for $40 w/o the charger. I'm gonna ask for the psp gen and firmware version but it looks pretty solid.
>>
>>385310741
Why do you keep lying about things that are easily verifiable? I just loaded my ZM save at Ridley and that fight averages 40fps.
>>
Dude, get one with the charger for $40... unless you already have a charger.
>>
>>385310987
Hey OP, don't know if you saw it earlier, but I've got an extra psp go already hacked, I'm cool selling it to you.
>>
>>385311110
Can't find anything cheaper than $70, not even 1stGen PSP. 3rdGen are about $80-$100 still
>>
>>385310987
If its one of the first ones, then $40 is even expensive. You can see plenty of model 1000 with charger for $20 around here. Battery of those models is overkilled.
>>
>>385310301
wtf
>>
>>385311301
I saw early, forgot to reply. Thanks for the offer but I very much like to see and touch these thing before buying them from individuals. How far away from North Carolina are you anyways?
>>
>>385311762
I understand, you don't want to feel like you got a piece of shit. Western Kentucky, not exactly next door, but not California either.
>>
>>385311762
dont pay extra for hacked psps its so incredibly easy (put one file on psp done)
>>
>>385312556
I'm the guy he is talking to, completely agree, I don't plan on charging extra for something as simple as that. Though is there a firmware wall you can reach? Like where you can't put cfw on it? Cause I'd feel like the guarentee that it's the proper firmware might be worth it.
>>
>>385312967
Nope, any firmware, any version.
>>
>>385313034
Sweet, cause I know when I was looking at vita's, they had to be under 3.60. Wasn't sure if the go had the same deal.
>>
>>385313034
Even the current safest method includes updating to last official version.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.