[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 51

File: header.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
BY THE SCRIBES, WE GATHER IN THEIR NAME

I lost a liberation rite, fucking kill me.
>>
>>385296880

Who'd you lose to?
>>
>>385297393
The Withdrawn. I got cocky and used a bunch of titan stars + underleveled characters.
>>
>>385296880
>>385297605
just reload?
>>
File: 1423055142665.gif (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1423055142665.gif
106KB, 512x512px
>>385297605

It's alright, the Y***** thing is probably nothing... Probably...
>>
>>385297710
Nah, I'll live with my mistakes. Besides, I'm enjoying the game enough to replay it at some point.
>>
File: contemplativejazzmusic.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
contemplativejazzmusic.gif
885KB, 500x418px
I'm starting another playthrough for an ending where the Reader goes free

Which three exiles do you think are the most content to stay behind?
>>
>>385297978
The stowaway, Sandalwood and Bertrude.
>>
>>385297978
I'd say Ti'zo, Sandalwood, and Bertrude, myself.
>>
>>385298331
Seconding this
>>
Does anyone remember how the scene with Jodariel plays out if you confess you have feeling for her?
I was pretty tired at the time and I can't remember if it was left ambiguous whether or not she had feelings for you or if she shot you down hard.
Especially seeing as how her ending, if she stays in the downside, seems to imply she gets with Ignarius.
>>
this "game" is shit
>>
I get that drive imps are the ones pushing your wagon around, but how the hell do you steer the wagon?
>>
File: IMG_1212.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1212.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>385298594
Cool opinion, broham.
>>
>>385298808
Uh!
Hmm...

You know what, I don't really know.
>>
okay just finished

the ending song reflecting who got out and who didn't was the tightest shit, even though i think the melody suffered a bit for it

also, while the last rite actually being the last rite was kind of a bummer, as i was expecting some last-second unnecessary bossfight vs. yslach, the actual fight was gr8 with the yslach titan turned on

is it the first time that an enemy tosses a ball at you before aura blasting you? because i got burned 3 times for that

sandra best waifu
>>
Has anyone tried the war orphan backstory yet? If so does it bring up any extra dialogue with the characters involved in the war?
>>
>>385299657
That ending song was sweet, but you're right about the melody. Was I the only one hoping getting 100% would unlock some kind of golden happy-for-everyone ending? I know supergiant loves their bittersweet endings, but if anyone deserves it it's this cast.
>>
>>385299673
Can't imagine it does, I didn't seem to get much dialogue for choosing crippled scholar.
>>385299781
God I was so hoping that when Oralach said "so everyone's worthy?" or something to that effect that we'd all get out. I don't get the appeal of bittersweet endings.
>>
>>385299975
That was the biggest "Fuck You" I've seen in a video game for a while. I was like, holy shit, you actually get a good ending. Then it turns out to be a cruel trick and I was right there with Oralach when he said it was a fucking jackass move.
>>
>>385299781
yeah

i dunno if i even want to do a "win all liberation rites" run because almer found his happy ending aboveground with miss moonchild and went on to sire many of old doggo's name

though i guess sandra deserves to see the world, so who knows

>>385299673
i picked that option, i think it might have been referenced at some point in one of those "your words get read back to you" dialogues, but i didn't get any special dialogue with jodi/pamitha/gilman
>>
>>385298497
Where does that scene happen? I never got it, myself.
>>
>>385300287
It happens if you face the Tempers again after the liberation rite, think Jodi might need to be in the triumvirate when you face them.
>>
>>385296880
whenever something bad/sad happened in game i'd always just go back to the wagon and poke that tubby little drive imp in the bottom left that just sits back like a dumb lard
always made me laugh
>>
>>385300401
dang, I never actually wound up facing off against them again, so that explains that
>>
>>385297978
-ae, Bertrude and either Ti'zo, Sandalwood or Pamitha. First three have more roots in downside, Sandalwood is alright with staying but a victorious plan might need him and Pamitha only cares about her sister anyway

>>385300198
Doesn't Almer hate being freed though? Not letting them win and not freeing -ae allows Almer to be by his dad's side when he dies and hook up with -ae
>>
is this game worth the price tag right now?
>>
>>385300903
It was like 15 pounds when I bought it, I think the story was worth it even if the gameplay was a bit of a slog.
>>
after finishing the game: were the rites really a good thing? certainly you and your merry band (may have) ushered in a peaceful revolution, but if criminals and other genuinely bad sorts were often winning the rites (manley's description indicates that many aristocrats accused of vices had ascended via liberation) and were immune to further exile, then it's no wonder that the commonwealth was so corrupt

not to mention the voice being a former exile really calls into question just how much the rites prepare someone

oralech might ultimately have been right

>>385300808
he hates it initially, but eventually finds his calling during the eve of the revolution and becomes a high official, where he applies his cur ancestry to mend relations

if you free -ae, he eventually meets up with her too
>>
Why is Ti'zo so clutch?
>>
Are there any Bastion references?
>>
>>385301505
None that I saw, but it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>385301573
I've been extensively pouring over lore but there's nothing so far.
>>
>>385301505
yes, the Bell you get when Blackwagon is remade into a boat-wagon hybrid sounds like from Bastion
>>
>>385301639
I pretty much exhausted the book and there was nothing in there.
>>
what is this low fps meme and how do I get rid of it?
>>
File: 20170726222509_1.jpg (178KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170726222509_1.jpg
178KB, 1366x768px
>>385300903
Its a pretty short game, took me only 10 hours to beat. Story, music and art are great but as you may see in these threads the gameplay is polarizing at best. I'd say it was worth the 20CAD I spent for it but the gameplay is a make it or break it point for a lot of people

>>385301253
I'd say the rites in their current state aren't that good but for their original purpose and the original meaning of each triumvirate they were a good thing. Gotta keep in mind that the rites were originally meant for something like what Volfred plans and the current aristocracy took perhaps a wrong interpretation of what it means to be worthy
>>
>>385301726
Avoid fighting the Tempers and the final boss.
>>
>>385301705
>no entry detailing a chance encounter with a curious airship and its colorful crew, lead by a certain kid
Damn, I'm a sucker for shared continuity
>>
>>385300903
I'd say so. $20 for 10+ hours of top notch story, music and art with serviceable gameplay is fair in my opinion. Also you get partake in the discussion/shitposting on release week, and that's always fun.

It all depends on what a single Jackson is worth to you.
>>
>>385296880
Wait, I can fuck up by losing all the rites? I've started to lose to people I don't feel belong down here.

Fuck me.
>>
>>385301842
the PLAN
>>
>>385301885
welp time to restart the game
>>
>>385301253
The rites were flawed but the problem is the Commonwealth is corrupt as shit. You are thrown in for being literate and Jodi for not being a cold hearted cunt. Without the rites, that sort of injustice remains an injustice. Oralech isn't right in my opinion because he robs everyone of the only way home, and not even for the right reasons. Yes, he notes they are corrupt, but his real reason for doing it is revenge.
>>
>>385301767
the rites have been like that for a long while though, lendel and his accusers were around during the time of the first nightwings and he's pretty much grade-a douchebag, and there's no indication that the originals minus volfred were any better

actually, thinking about it some more, the kind of change in the nature of triumvirates might have come around that lack of literacy, as they couldn't read the book and thus couldn't follow the teachings, causing the rites to be a mockery of the intended purpose with everyone and their mother cheating to get ahead
>>
Ending, all the separate stories, first click on my waifu Sandra, they talk some shit like who knows what the fuck happened, i'm like ohkay so you are pulling this "out of history book" bullshit, fuck you, but then the cheeky cunt appears
Oh fuck now i proceeded to humor her and there was something lewd going on, damn

Also
>she tells you to please keep her at least to later sell her in the most heartwrenching way possible
>the choice is "well, why not, i mean she is kinda cool"
Reader is a dick
>>
>>385302252
This raises an interesting question that I never got answered, though maybe it's somewhere in the game and I missed it. YOU lead people as the Reader to the rites, so who the fuck is reading the stars for the other teams?
>>
>>385302365
He is kind of a dick. I remember if you spam the bell and piss of your mustache with a dog attached to it and the narration states he won't forgive you, your answer is "So be it."
>>
>>385300539
I remember once when I was bored I just kept ringing the big bell a whole lot then Rukey got pissed and went off on a rant before instantly forgiving me. On my last visit to the Blackwagon before the final rite ringing that bell incessantly was the last thing I did in there in the memory of the doggo I will never meet again
>>
>>385302365
Are you ok Anon?
>>385302426
I think it's implied that they just know that they need to follow the stars because of teachings passed down the triumvirates.
>>
>>385302515
Rukey cut my fucking bell before he left, the cunt. I'll never forgive him.
>>
>>385302426
the groups know because they've been at this sport for decades.

Your group does it for the first time.
The whole schtick is that Nightwings disappeared at one point and you took on their close and was like "we wuz the nightwings now" and everyone thinks you are.
but you're just bullshitting so you need someone to tell you what others already know

its all a ruse to take down the guberment or some shit
THE PLAN
>>
>>385302365
i was so glad i clicked on sandra last

>>385302426
volfred is literate, so i assume manley probably is too as a member of the aristocracy, though his buffoonery suggests that he probably can't read minds in the same way you can

also reading people's minds is actually really dangerous, there's a point to be made in banning literacy - or is telepathy only gained from reading the book of rites?

also this >>385302581
>>
>>385302809
I assume only each triumvirate's conductor has the ability to read minds outside of the rite.
>>
Are we all in agreement that "In The Flame" is an amazing piece of music?
>>
how does oralech manage to face you in the final instead of whatever team it was meant to be? does he just knock them out? shouldn't their names not be crossed off the planner then?

>>385302897
that brings up some questions though, like udilmiche not being able to figure you out when you're trying to convince her yslach's a piece of shit
>>
Did anyone here do all the trials? Sandra says speculates about her prison getting weaker as she fulfills her duty in one of the later cycles but I never did Jodi's trial.
>>
>>385303356
I did them all. She goes tsundere for you but otherwise she's still bound to her crystal
>>
I felt pretty bad about denying Dalmer freedom desu
>>
>>385303329
He's still technically a Nightwing so he has open rights to be able to act as antagonist in a liberation rite.
>>385303408
He's pretty chill about it all things considered, it's probably a better outcome for him that he lost.
>>
>>385303356
i think she only offers you convo options (and her little pseudo-confession) after you unlock the ability to do a trial, not necessarily completing the trial itself

>>385303408
why'd you deny him anon, you missed a great little story beat
>>
>>385303398
Well, at least she's happy at the end, until we get old and die at least. God dammit.
>>
>>385303524
I choose to believe the Reader passes the gem down as something of a family heirloom.
>>
>>385303329
I'm pretty sure it's because all of the other teams just gave up.
>>
>>385303524
she'll be happy even after that anon, she even notes that even if you die she'll carry your memories for much longer than your lifespan

truly top waifu
>>
File: 20170727022122_1.jpg (181KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170727022122_1.jpg
181KB, 1366x768px
I realize that 8 of your exiles have traits reminiscent of the 8 scribes while the 9th is a mirror/shadow of the ropecaller. Whereas he betrayed and was the reason the 8 aligned, she reveres them and was shaped by them

>>385302252

Lendel has only been exiled for 6 years he isn't an original member and neither are any of the current leaders. Keep in mind though that Dalbert still follows accurately what his triumverate was meant to do and by definition of what their triumverate is so too does Barker

Honestly a lot of the problems with the other triumverate's members is that the selection process will produce similar members they may be spun in a positive or negative light or the relevant aspects of the process are ignored. Take for example the accusers process of choosing those with "truest spirits and strongest sense of purpose" the latter half could mean you could end up with someone like Hedwyn or Lendel
>>
>>385303524
>>385303582
Supposedly you become the new Voice eventually, or some shit. I vaguely recall reading that somewhere. So I like to imagine you pass it down to the new participants.
>>
>>385303481
that actually makes a lot of sense

>>385303702
Lendel has only been exiled for 6 years he isn't an original member and neither are any of the current leaders.

hold on then why does he call ti'zo out on cheating and denying him of his freedom? i thought he was a contemporary of oralech and the others
>>
>>385303882
Because Oralech was merely a previous nightwing. He's not the original nightwing.
>>
>>385303623
>truly top waifu

Never understood waifus, probably because most of my favorite female characters would be terrible in a relationship.

And now I'm in love with a character that will probably get 10 fanarts total and never appear in anything again.

What the fuck do I do now besides replaying the game forever?
>>
>>385298808
Steer imps, obviously.
>>
>>385303938
oh yeah yeah i didn't mean that he was an original nightwing of the time of the eight scribes, i just figured the true nightwings (oralech, brighton, and erisa) were around in the downside longer than 6 years ago

my chronology is definitely shaky though, i might have assumed because jodariel was around for 18 years that the true nightwings broke up earlier than that
>>
>>385304067
If you come to a sudden halt, do you have to stomp on the brake imp?
>>
>>385303864
The voice wanted you to be his successor, but your part in THE PLAN means that the old Commonwealth rolls are thrown down. Also exile as punshment is abandoned after the Return of the Scribes so there's no need for a voice as there are no more rites.
>>385303882
The true nightwings didn't seperate that long ago, it's entirely likely that the Accusers fought them in a liberation rite in that timeframe.
>>385303983
How do you think I feel, the fate of my waifu was left pretty ambiguous but the epilogue implied i got cucked by Ignarius.
>>
>>385304164
Do you think if you need to get traffic moving again you need to squeeze a horn imp?
>>
>>385304175
wait you let both ignarius and jodariel ascend? or did you keep them? you could just split them up next run
>>
>>385304095
The rites are something like 835 years old if Sandra's bio is anything to go by. Oralech has been exiled for 18 years or something like that, Sandalwood for 9 years. Keep in mind Sandalwood was supposed to replace a member of the previous trio and the rites have been speeding up by the time we arrive according to Sandalwood so it might have taken years for each liberation rite. Also keep in mind that no one knew about the rites except for the triumverates so Jodi may have been an exile during those times but she would not have known about the rites.
>>
>>385304293
Kept Jodariel because I sent characters home based on who I thought would be best for the plan, and I didn't think there'd be any way for the Reader to go home.
>>
btw have we actually figured out whether the PLAN succeeding is actually a behind-the-scenes dice roll yet? with the actual probability shown?

>>385304382
i feel it senpai, you'll be with your demon mom in another timeline i'm sure
>>
>>385304382
I sent her and most of the other characters I actually liked up pretty early on, so the rest of the game was kind of a slog with people I don't like as much and really soured my enjoyment of it.
>>
>>385304592
Figure that as long as you win every liberation rite your odds will be 100%

Also yeah, I'm probably going to leave other people behind next time I go through the game, I'm just dreading being forced to have Sandalwood in my party.
>>
>>385304686
I didn't have that problem. At the start I hated Sandalwood and the Bog chick but the game's dialogue and fluff make them so likable and interesting that by the end of it I didn't hate anyone.
>>
I don't believe the game is great but because of how it's structured it gives a great experience of caring about your comrades and going through stuff with them so overall it was a very heartfelt adventure.

>>385303524
We are in headcanon territory now, so it may as well be that reader put his consciousness together with hers as well as created a full magical world for them/liberated her/showed the crystal down his asshole so that they could always be in contact.
>>
>>385305237
Well, for instance, I really fucking hated Rukey and kept him in my party the entire time purely so he could never accomplish his goals, despite how annoying he was to me.
>>
>>385296880
So if I hate basketball I should avoid this game?
>>
>>385304809

Why? Sandalwood is AMAZING after you unlock a few of his passives. He just plays a little differently.
>>
>>385305581
If the story interests you then put the game on easy to lobotomize the AI and each rite should be done and dusted in a minute-thirty, tops.
>>385305607
Yeah but I always favoured blitz rush strategies and he came too late in the game for me to change on his account.
>>
>>385305706
okay, thanks. I'll probably wait until it's discounted, but I didn't want to play through it if I hate the mechanics.

I liked Bastion and Transistor. Didn't think they were incredible, but still fun.
>>
So I think I've gotten as close to golden as I can for the moment
>Won all matches except for the final one against oralech(intentionally jobbed but kept it close, next goal wins scenario), he gave me freedom didn't sudoku and mended relations with sandalwood despite him being on the other side. He was remembered by history as a nightwing
>The plan worked, Sandalwood is PM
>Fae and Almer hook up in the downside
>Hedwyn's promise fulfilled
>Sir Gillam's honor restored
>Sandra's orb is with me
>Ron has new business with partners rucky up above and Bertrude in the downside
I'm honestly still at a loss on how to fix Pamitha's thing

>>385304809
Sandalwood is a king on defense, sprout the orb with him safe means enemy can't ever get it and general sprout shenanigans are great plus his masteries are also really good. Plus he has inspiration for his entire enlightenment bar so levelling him is relativly quick despite how late he is
>>
What happens if you
>lose every match

>liberate snek knight first

Anyone knows?
>>
>>385305864
I really don't think you can fix Pam and Tam's relationship, if she stays in Downside her sister cripples her and they call it even, if she doesn't they never get to talk in person again.
>>385305931
I'd expect that the plan fails completely and corruption in the commowealth continues to spread until it collapses in on itself like the Empire did/there's more people in Downside than up above.
>>
>>385305864
How do you get Oralech to not off himself? I felt guilty as shit when he died.
>>
>>385306156
You probably need to win by a slim margin.
>>
So does the enlightenment of a character relate to how high your plan rises?
>>
>>385306237
I guess I just dunked him too hard for my own good. It's a curse. I actually think his AI freaked the fuck out because he never changed and he always went to the top and kind of hung around there
>>
>>385306252
Maybe, it's probably linked more to their background. Like an officer like Jodi or a smuggler like Ruck will probably be worth more than an imp like Ti'zo. On paper at least, in practice there's very little difference between each character that I saw.
>>
>>385305864
>>385306156
oh wow i won over Oralech but then my anoited one decided to have me decide who goes free between him/me/oralech, i picked Oralech and he went free, became a doctor and quite the authority on medicine, some government position even iirc
>>
>>385306590
I think that he only an hero's if you dunk on him and don't pick him.
>>
Does the difficulty setting actually change something in game?

Different dialogue / more gold or exp?
Or it's just the AI smartness?
>>
File: 20170727032047_1.jpg (111KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170727032047_1.jpg
111KB, 1366x768px
>>385306156
He has to win the final match and willingly offer you freedom to gain peace with himself
Heres everything I remember that could be relevant
>Chose my goal to free my friends when first asked at the gates
>Talked to Sandalwood every time he was present in the wagon(learned their history together)
>Hailed him when sandalwood spotted him on way to one of the rites
>Doubted myself when choosing who to anoint for the final liberation rite, Sandalwood telepath talk to you and tells you everyone trusts you
>Intentionally kept the game as close as I could with a next goal wins scenario to close it out

>Refer to imageChose to reach out to him when he began doubting himself

An anon yesterday mentioned this was a potential outcome so I tried it out and recreated the final game as he did and it worked. Honestly probably only the last two matter but maybe the others set off a flag or two. forgot the image spoiler
>>
I've just met Sandalwood hor far am I? I've the constant fear that the game might not be as lenghty as I'd like
>>
>>385306660

But it's so easy to chaos dunk that motherfucker back down to the bottom of the list.

tfw you wanted to send both Oldheart and Almer home but then you found out there were limited amounts of liberation rites left just before you match against them.
>>
>>385306878
Roughly a bit under a 3rd of the way. And yeah the game's pretty short I finished in 10 hours but the variations in people's fates makes me want to replay it a bunch
>>
>>385306878
You're still before the halfway mark.
>>
>>385306861
Was there ever an indication that this outcome is possible? He was always angry so I didn't think that there was a peace for him.

Also i was sure that we would rescue everybody in time because in my mind downside was like an island far under the ground or something but nope.
>>
>>385307181
If you had knowledge of how the final rite ends then maybe? He was sympathetic/difficult(plays like a heightend on normal) enough that people might lose to him by a slim margin and a lot of his interactions with Sandalwood are only soured because of his past. Hell even his visit in your wagon is pretty damn peaceful. Out of every hostile exile you meet he had the greatest amount of hints of potential redemption. But yeah overall despite the hints being there considering you wouldn't know the final rite's ending it was very possible that you could hit the ending on accident but rarely if ever on purpose on a first run.

As for the second point theres some sort of non-physical thing separating the two places, if it was impossible for even the imps to fly out its impossible for everyone
>>
>>385307732

There's a barrier. Imps can get closer than anyone else but even they can't get through.

Beyond that I have no idea how it works.
>>
>>385307181
Take the imp along with you and you can see that he's essentially a miserable person who truly believes he HAS to keep going no matter how horrible his actions are.
>>
Going by the trophy completion stats is your adversary not showing up to the final non-liberation rite not a set thing?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n3n3cyejO01qldyev.png (131KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n3n3cyejO01qldyev.png
131KB, 500x281px
>>385296880
>Get interested in this game
>Go to 4chan to see how people are liking it
>Oh good, a thread with over 100 replies
>So many fucking spoilers
Guess it's a fun game? I think I'm almost done with FF12 so I'm looking for something else to play
>>
>>385308297
It's very fun. Granted it's clear the gameplay isn't for everyone but nothing amuses me more than doing a flip over the enemy team straight into their goal.
>>
>>385305864
How can you fullfill hedwyns promiss when you didnt go up with him?

i just imagined i kept sandra with me

Also, i freed pamithas sister aswell as pamitha, which made her atack the commonwelth with her sisters which led to blooshed.

Those two are on OK terms now but still not really as close
>>
>>385306365
If I had to rank how much roughly a character raises the plan's success rate it would probably be:
>Greatest amount:Sandalwood, Hedwyn, Jodi, Oralech(if he actually affects it when freed)
>Okay amount:Ti'zo, Sir Gillam, Rucky
>Least:Bertrude, Pamitha, Moontouched girl
Of course this is assuming it isn't all just set in stone dependent on how many you've freed. Rucky, Bertrude and Pamitha are the ones I'm not exactly sure about

>>385308245
Yeah its not guaranteed, dunno what triggered your thing
>>
>>385308245
they didnt come to mine either

I destroyed them every time we fought and denied them at the liberation right without them scoring a point
>>
>>385308541
Why would you free the person who won't shut the fuck up about how much she hates the Commonwealth and wants it gone?
>>
>>385308726
Who didn't show up for you? For me it was Tempers.
>>
File: Smile protected.jpg (133KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Smile protected.jpg
133KB, 1366x768px
>>385308541
But I did? The promise is that we would all be free not necessarily all at the same time also first spoiler in my post Oralech gave me his spot after I jobbed to him

Sandra calls you before the final battle, I choose to shove her orb in my robes and her epilogue confirms she was still in my robes when I ascended.

Goddamn has anyone gotten a good ending with the harp sisters yet?
>>
>>385308440
I don't care much how the gameplay is presented, I've heard it's a lot like blood bowl without the turns, which is what kind of kept me from getting it in the first place.
Lots of replayability? I've heard it's about 12-20 hours long but I'm wondering if there's a point to keep playing it
>>
anyone post a MEGA link for the ost yet?
>>
>>385308792
because i want the commonwealth leaders fucked?

>>385308794
Lindal the liar was the leaders name, i think its the accusers. Who are the tempers? I forget the names.

>>385308838
Ah, in my game i won against oralech, even though i was about to free Sandalwood i choose to give the freedom to oralech and keep myself trapped down there and off myself shortly thereafter
>>
>>385309026
She doesn't want it's leaders dead. She wants the Commonwealth dead. You're kind of trying to get the Commonwealth back into it's glory days, and having someone who hates your very existence is kind of. You know. Not ideal.
>>
>>385309026
The Tempers are the ones led by that demon that flirts with Jodi.
>>
>>385309074
she integrated into the commonwelth and becomes a general, commonwealth was destroyed and replaced by a new republic.

You have to completely destroy the old to get in with the new, we will witness this irl soon enough
>>
>>385308794

The Fate. I was surprised, I thought they'd show up just for appearances.
>>
>>385308794
Chastity. Thank fucking god. I like to believe Oralech jumps them on the road up and beats the shit out of Manderly. God damn you Manderly.
>>
File: 1250112448004.jpg (12KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
1250112448004.jpg
12KB, 239x300px
>>385309251
Damn it Denton.
>>
So this game looks cool but how does it stack up to Bastion and Transistor?
I thought Bastion was amazing but Transistor kinda dropped the ball with the story which ended up killing off every antagonist in a shockingly fast way and ending in a manner that seemed more geared towards shock value than satisfying conclusion, even if I did end up enjoying said ending.
>>
Does the voice treat you differently if you lose the liberation rites and thus don't do anything to support Sandalwood's plan?
>>
>>385309385
The gameplay is a red hot pile of "meh", the story's pretty good, the bittersweet "best" ending just left me feeling kinda drained.
>>
>>385309462
No because you're still trying.
>>
>>385309476
Do you think it's meh because it just wasn't for you? I've heard it's pretty divisive
>>
>>385309824
It definitely wasn't for me, I only bought it cause I trusted SG to make a great story.
>>
>first liberation rite
>it's fucking bullshit on heightened difficulty
>switch to regular difficulty
>enemies don't even try to stop me
WHY
H
Y
>>
>>385309983
Regular difficulty + at least 6 titan stars is the way to go.
>>
>>385310121
hightened difficulty + health to enemy spire - health to your spire is the patrician way
>>
Does the OST or the in-game lute have separate versions of the liberation rite song based on your opponent? I noticed the first verse changed and would specifically mention and relate to which triumverate I was up against so I want to hear them all
>>
>>385309385
It honestly could have used a golden ending. I'll say that I've never been a fan of bittersweet endings, but I see the merit to them. But something about the complete lack of a sort of 100% ending makes me feel kind of empty inside.

The worst part is, and I don't know if this counts as a spoiler but I'll spoiler it anyway. You honestly HAVE three companions who don't really seem to care about the other world at all, so aside from the NPCs, I never felt like the game was trying it's hardest to make me ponder and struggle over my choices, even as the dialogue claimed I was doing just that.
>>
>>385310487
No, just the default one.
>>385310527
Seconded.
>>
>>385302515
gay
>>
>>385310527
True that.
Even in my first liberation rite the choice to make was obvious.
>>
>>385310559
>No, just the default one.
Bummer, the song really puts in perspective the original purpose of each triumverate and what the stakes are in that match. Is the default the Nightwings verse?

>>385310652
Speaking of which what was everyone's liberation order? For me it went
Rucky->Ti'zo->Jodi->Hedwyn->Gillam->Sandalwood->Me(Oralech's choice)
My ending felt a lot more sweet than bitter which was nice
>>
>>385311091
Which verse changes because it's just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAWmSzN7Uf8 for the lute.
>>
>>385311091
Hedwyn -> Tamitha -> Jodariel -> _ae -> Ti'zo -> Rukey -> Gilman
Gonna be honest, the second may not have been my best judgement call
>>
>>385311178
Thats not the song, I was talking about Never to Return the song that Tariq and Celeste play as you duke it out during the rite
>>
If you didn't like this game in the first couple hours/battles, you won't like the rest of it. It doesn't get any better.

Rites get slightly more complex and difficult, but fundamentally it doesn't change. If you didn't enjoy it at first, you won't enjoy it at the end. I put in 5 hours into the game and didn't like it, but decided to stick through to the end since it was only 10 hours long. I still didn't like the combat at the end.

Ending is also really shitty
>>
>>385311434
Oh right, yeah it's just the Nightwings version.
>>
>>385311537
Wasn't this posted verbatim in the last thread too?
>>
>>385311595
It's posted every pyre thread.
>>
File: 1493247328568.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493247328568.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
>Her name is _ae
What did you name the loli savage /v/?
>>
>>385311663
Fae
>>
>>385311595
I'm reposting it

>>385311629
The game has flaws, and shutting your eyes off to those flaws isn't doing anyone any favors.
>>
Waiting for the game to finish downloading, reading all this stuff about the endings got me scared, is the order you liberate people in that important or am I already on the road to ruining the game for myself and should just fuck off and play it regardless of how it will end up.
>>
>>385311663
Zhae the Zealous
>>
>>385311663
>loli
Anon, it's a boy.
>>
>>385311663
Fae, it seemed to fit her spacey personality
>>
>>385296880
Nice visual novel with tacked-on minigame you have there. Good thing I pirated you.
>>
File: 0020.jpg (76KB, 272x403px) Image search: [Google]
0020.jpg
76KB, 272x403px
>>385311743
You're fucking with me.
>>
>>385311726
It's not important ending wise. It is important story and event wise. There are sort of "arcs" between characters that can get cut or start based on who is there and who isn't. Lots of cool scenes and shit.
>>
>>385311663
Fae seemed the most appealing to me.
like a fairy
>>
>>385311726
>is the order you liberate people in that important
Not really. You'll want to keep some characters around to interact with certain teams. Which characters go with which teams is made pretty clear during your first cycle.
>>
>>385311663
she's 19 but her disorder makes her act like a child
>>
>>385311726
Liberate whoever you want anon, if you read the thread then you'll already know that 2/3 of them aren't going home.
>>
>>385311821
Well it's implied -ae is a boy.
And i mean... look at "her" chest.
>>
>>385311385
Yeah I'll question that and your 4th pick too they don't really care for the world above

>>385311663
Fae seemed the most proper

>>385311541
Damn, the dissidents and fate had good variations of the track

>>385311726
Its mostly just being able to view their character arc and interactions but I'd suggest to just play and not worry about it. Its a short game ~10 hours easy enough to have multiple runs. Might want to bump the difficulty up too if you find it too easy
>>
I know I had no real reason to expect such a thing, but I'm a little disappointed you never get to face the 8 scribes in some shape or form.
>>
File: 155.jpg (55KB, 268x458px) Image search: [Google]
155.jpg
55KB, 268x458px
>>385311912
Flat is justice. The smaller the chest the closer you are to her heart!
>>
>>385311940
>>385311846
>>385311765
>>385305864
>>385311708
Why did everyone name her Fae?
I thought i was being original by picking that instead of shitty bae
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385311663
Rhae
>>
>>385311971
When I saw True Nightwings in versus mode I expected there to be a final boss against a mirror team to win everyone's freedom.
>>
>>385311821
>people called calling -ae gay for dressing like a girl
>has a literal "bundle of sticks" she carries around
>>
>>385311663
Bae obviously
>>
Is this game worth a buy? seen a lot of mixed opinions about this game so far.
>>
>>385312030
Perhaps it's just the most fitting
>>
>>385311663
Mae, mostly because it was the first choice.
>>
I like everything about the game but the actual gameplay. I hate the way it plays, controls, feels, etc. It just doesn't feel good. Everything else is good, but I just hate the gameplay.

Is there something I'm missing? The gameplay isn't that difficult or challenging, I just find it annoying; I'm playing on normal. Jumping doesn't feel good, it feels hard/bad to set up "combos" or anything with the player characters because you can't move all 3 at once, the only thing that feels worth doing is sprinting around trying to get past enemies as quickly as possible. Using the banish-blast thing doesn't feel good and ultimately feels worthless compared to just sprinting in to banish them with the ring, then grab the orb, then sprint to the pyre.

I could go on, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at. Is there a way for it to feel less bad, or more engaging?
>>
File: thats kinda hot.jpg (46KB, 301x318px) Image search: [Google]
thats kinda hot.jpg
46KB, 301x318px
>>385312109
>>
>>385311971
8 of your 9 exiles are meant to invoke the image of each of the 8 scribes and most are even called as their reincarnations during the plan. The 9th is sorta the anti-thesis of the betrayer

>>385312030
Fae is unique-sounding but common enough to fantasy for it to be her name
>>
>>385312201
It's $20. See how you enjoy the first hour, the game doesn't change all that much over the next nine.
>>
>>385311971
That's what I thought.
I was expecting some sort of epic showdown with literal elder gods with unique models slam dunking celestial objects and universes on your pyre in a boss rush mode with banging tunes.

But I never got that.
I'm fucking sad.
>>
>>385312214
So just like Transistor.
>>
>>385312298
I think Transistor had good gameplay. It wasn't amazing, but it was fun and unique in a way.

Pyres gameplay is also unique, and fun at times, but overall (personally) it is bad.

There are times where I think "yeah, this is fun", but most of the time I'm just sitting there thinking "this doesn't feel right". And I'm sure if I put the difficulty up the AI would just destroy me because I'm not playing the game at it's full potential.
>>
>>385312214
Are you playing on KB+M or Controller? If KB+M are you using the default setup or another one like the WASD configuration(being able to aim while moving was huge for me)? Try out some simple plays like a top-down split between two members passing around if one gets in danger or the old toss the orb at 'em and banish combo to try and make the most of the gameplay. Also try upping the difficulty or adding more titan stars
>>
File: ttgl.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>385312269
Now I'm kind of mad we didn't get that.
Damn it anon.
>>
is it just me, or is this a remake of some runescape song? It sounds like Runescape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtfoghP6_M
>>
>>385312269
>Come Reader, Come on and Slam
>At least you and your pitiful exiles are welcome to the Jam
>>
>>385312726
>didn't get to fight the narrator
That's really more disappointing.
>>
>>385312792
Do you know how long it fucking took my dumb ass to realise he was wearing a powdered wig? I was so focused in the fucking star-thing I didn't even notice the guy. I felt like a complete dipshit.
>>
Jodi - > Ruki - > Hedwyn - > Pamytha -> Gilman -> _ae -> Oralech

Anything else is wrong.
>>
>>385313191
>Freeing Jodi before she can bury the hatchet with Pamitha
>Wasting a liberation rite on Siscon Bird at all
>Freeing the girl with nothing waiting for her on the other side
>Not fulfilling Hedwyn's promise while still saving Oralech's soul

Now I know it should all be personal preference but nigga what are you doing
>>
>>385312214
No the gameplay was pretty bad, I dropped the game to easy so I wouldn't have to play it any longer than needed.
>>
File: jodi.jpg (110KB, 701x679px) Image search: [Google]
jodi.jpg
110KB, 701x679px
How is she so perfect?
>>
Has anyone done a playthrough where they lose every single rite yet?
>>
>>385313763
I'm gonna do one later.
>>
>deserves liberation the most
Sir Gilman
Jodi
Rukey after manning up against Barker
Hedwyn

>about damn time
Volfred
Oralech

>promises to keep
Reader

>doesn't really care
Bertrude
Pamitha
_ae
Ti'zo

Also what happens if you let Tamitha and Pamitha ascend on separate rites?
>>
>>385313667
>super tough
>caring
>looks after orphans
>spends her days hate-fucking Ignarius even if you confess your feelings to her.
Why SG, why?
>>
>>385313763
I do wonder why the group would keep you around at that point, if you lose rite after rite until the Plan becomes impossible. I suspect that no one wants to do that yet on their first run, tho
>>
>>385312214
people are going to tell you you're scrub and the gameplay is AMAZING if you play it on hard. They are wrong. I did not enjoy the game on Normal and I didn't enjoy it on Hard and I didn't enjoy it on Hard + titan stars, even after beating it.

>>385313191
brown harpy pits > all

those fucking tits
>>
>>385313763
>tfw your Reader is completely incompetent
>Can't really make out what the book of rites says because the words are so small and fancy
>Mostly just tries to figure out what it says based on the pictures
>>
>>385313948
>>385309147
>>385308541
>>
who else /waitingforwyrmstentaclefuckingjodarielr34/ here?
>>
>>385314215
I'm just waiting for any r34 full stop.
>>
>>385313948
Ti'zo wants to stay with you, Volfred, _ae and Oralech(if he goes free). Whichever side has more of them is probably the better option

>>385314215
Personally waiting on some Sandra Molesting Reader
>>
>>385313969
>spoiler

wait so there are other love interests aside from Sandra
>>
>>385313763
The Commonwealth would be staffed by a slew of corrupt officials like Lendel, Manley and Sir Deluge, or be attacked by the likes of Barker, Udmilde and Tamitha. There's no good end to not letting the Commonwealth undergo revolution by letting most of the other rivals ascend. It's also a hollow victory for Iggy, Almer and Oralech as they have no one waiting for them topside.
>>
When the stars align, the rights shall come to bear
>>
>>385314398
Not especially, Sandra calls you "the lovely Reader" and asks that you keep her with you so she isn't alone.
Pamitha calls you reader darling.
Jodariel says your brave for admitting your feelings and says she cares about you too but I must've accidentally skipped/misread one of the text boxes because she said something about "reasons that should be obvious" and then "left with a dark expression on her face. But you can tell it's because of how she made you feel, not what you said." whatever that means.
>>
>>385314626
Illuminate the signs, the Exiles shall be there.
>>
>>385298497
Wait you can actually do that? Thank god.
>>
>>385314749
Yeah, but again, read >>385313969
>>
>>385314360
>Reader
Do we even know what reader looks like?
>>
I'm surprised we didn't have more reader rival moments where we redeem them or help them find peace like we did with Oralech. Granted among the other rivals Lendel, Ignarius, Tamitha and maybe Manley are the only ones I could see this happening to but it would have been nice
>>
>>385313948
>Sir Gilman

He was the one who wanted to give his freedom up so that I could leave. The way he shouts "MASTER-READER" when he makes up his mind was seriously heartwarming. There was no way I wasn't letting my Wyrmbro stay after that.
>>
File: c.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>MFW forcing myself to play through this
The sportsball gameplay isn't fun at all.
>>
>>385315087
The problem with that is Ignarius has a problem you can't really solve, and is otherwise a pretty cool guy, Lendel is just fucking evil and Manley is just a cunt. They aren't struggling in the same way Oralech was.
>>
>>385315137
If you play on easy then like 90% of the rites are done in <one minute.
>>
File: 579451.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
579451.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>If you choose to humour Sandra in the post-final rite scene, the reader comments about how people would be shocked if they knew the truth of their scandalous relationship, and Sandra doesn't even try to deny it

OTP as fuck
>>
>>385314807
I'll just let Ignarius ascend and stay with my waifu, what can go wrong?
>>
File: 20170726031739_1.jpg (90KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170726031739_1.jpg
90KB, 1366x768px
>>385315071
Well we know what he/she/they looks like from the back. Honestly thought the reader was a rock with markings on it in the desert the first time I booted up the campaign

>>385315187
Ehh I kinda want to see at least Lendel reform. His motive for the whole thing was pride that he was correct in his suspicions so maybe teach him to be more humble would have been a good step for him
>>
>>385315187
What was Ignarius' problem again was it his crippling self doubt or the fact that he misses his wife.
>>385315297
Or you could ascend with her and leave Iggy.
>>
My only serious gripe with this game is that there's no online mode.

I actually quite liked the gameplay, messing around with team compositions and strategies against hard/buffed cpu triumverates was fun.

If this game had proper multiplayer, what do you think the meta would be? 3 imps or 3 curs?
>>
>>385315324
It's a shame Cloaked Reader doesn't appear more. I like the design. Also holy shit the slugs look 8 times larger than that in the game.
>>
>>385315367
Both, pretty much. But the cause of his angst was his wife, and it wasn't exactly something you could help him with aside from letting him win. Fuck the game for having him drop that bomb on him when you start to beat him, too. I felt guilty as shit.
>>
Best character to have in your triumverate? Worst?

Best is Ti'zo once you get his trial item upgraded all the way he has infinite stamina more or less, worst is Sandalwood because he's too defense oriented when you want to be mostly on the offensive.
>>
>>385315590
I found Volfred useful for denying the opposing team of the orb, or banishing them.
Just have to be aggressive with the sapling.
>>
>>385315439
Jesus you're right, I thought the swamp hags were the same size as the demons how are they such little haglets?
>>385315590
Agreed with Sandalwood as worst, Ti'zo/Pamitha tied for best with their fully upgraded unique talismans.
>>
>>385315637
I found that making Volfred the captain and immediately placing a sapling on the orb fucked with the enemy AI quite a lot.

>>385315324
Is there a wallpaper sized version of this image yet?
>>
Does the difficulty actually change anything other than the AI strength?
Like new dialogue or more exp and gold on hard?
>>
>>385315745
Just the AI.
>>
>>385314360
I sent both Ti'zo and _ae so they at least have each other, and both become mascots of the people in the new union anyway. They also appear in an ending CG together fishing with Hedwyn, moe as fuck.
>>
>>385315745
The actual difficulty setting doesn't change anything, but as the game progresses optional modifiers called Titan Stars will buff enemies/handicap your team in exchange for more EXP if you win, and you can get money bonuses for fulfilling imp challenges during matches.
>>
>Commonwealth sends convicts to the "downside" down a "waterfall"

downside confirmed for australia
>>
>>385315778
That's kind of disappointing.
Why would someone not play on easy on subsequent playhtoughs?
Seems like a wasted opportunity, shoulda given some reward for hard mode.

like how you got more exp with limiters on in transistor and ended up with 2-3 more skills by the end of the game than on normal difficulty without adding them as you unlock them.
>>
>>385315728
>placing a sapling on the orb fucked with the enemy AI
Yeah, especially once you bolstered the size of its aura with Volfred or another character. The AI would run right into the larger aura, or would play too offensively and allow you to walk over and banish them.
>>
>>385315835
If you have Ti'zo and _ae stay, they keep being friends. And _ae reunites with Almer and fuck.
>>
>>385315887
There are Titan stars that act as challenge modifiers for XP boosters later on.
>>
>>385315094
I accepted the final liberation in his stead as the Reader had a promise to keep with Hedwyn, Jodi and Rukey, and honoring Sir Gilman's wish was the best way to honor him. He also finds meaningful life in his exile anyway so as much as he deserves liberation, him remaining is by no means a bad end for him.
>>
Fuck, I'm going to have to replay this just for scenes, aren't I
>>
>>385315883
Downside is also as environmentally hazardous as Australia, and Barker speaks with some hick accent that could be interpreted as australian.
>>
>>385316041
I think that's how SG planned on making it replayable.
>>
File: 1486866091538.jpg (35KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
1486866091538.jpg
35KB, 323x267px
brah, can't I choose my character's gender?

immersion already ruined.
>>
>>385316110
i thought barker was supposed to be like a football hooligan accent kind of deal
>>
>>385316135
Interact with the red text.
Whether or not you are baiting, I'll bet someone didn't think to do this.
>>
>>385316135
Click on the text
>>
>>385316135
options menu

>>385316181
I got a mad max/biker gang vibe
>>
File: 20170726031617_1.jpg (142KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170726031617_1.jpg
142KB, 1366x768px
>>385315409
If I had to guess with no doubling up on any race. Sap(Blocks an area from anyone who can't fly or jump far), Flyer(Either of the two flyer races are pretty damn good at getting the ball in) Wyrm/Cur(Need someone fast to get the ball first). Nomad could replace sap if you want a more passing oriented team, Savage for cur if you want a secondary runner whos more versatile. Don't know how good Demon or Bog Witch would be without masteries. This all just speculation though

>>385315728
I took the screenshot in the highest resolution available in-game already(1366x788), is it still too small?

>>385315439
Yeah the art kinda indicates the Bog Witches aren't all that tall and are skinny too, its mostly tail
>>
>>385315883
Ron and his dad do seem a little too close to the meth users of Perth for comfort.
>>
>>385316301
Demon can be very good offensively and defensively with the extra dash and celestial spike. Bog witch can also be used offensively and defensively since they have masteries that increase pyre damage and are relatively speedy. Their cast is also very good for hitting multiple opponents in short range, but predictably lose effectiveness long range compared to Demon
>>
Hedwyn (against imps or harps) or Sandalwood on backline, Jodariel (against fast enemies) or Bertrude (against slow enemies/in an arena with lots of obstacles) eliminating enemy players in the middle of the pitch, Ti'zo or Rukey making runs at goal

Pamytha, _ae and Gilman are ultimately unnecessary, unless you have to use them.
>>
File: 1500999030685.png (870KB, 1097x814px) Image search: [Google]
1500999030685.png
870KB, 1097x814px
The anime style exposition took me out of the game. And football.

I mean, it's a western game. If I'm going to have Sengoku Rance style dialogue and slide-ins there better be some fucking.
>>
File: 1378314886585.gif (860KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
1378314886585.gif
860KB, 600x313px
>100% extra stamina Ti'zo with the item that let's you retain your aura with the orb
>>
>>385317352
1/10, there was an effort
>>
>>385317657
No there wasn't, don't encourage him.
>>
>>385316694
Thats what I mean by without masteries though. I know the versus mode defaults to pre-set masteries per character but I'm trying to figure this out just on the no mastery settings in case no fun allowed people swing that way. That said I do see that the bog witch is plenty fast with a fast far jump and her shotgun is good, while the demon does have a big aura and big body for swatting down flyers.

>>385317141
Pamytha's trial trinket increases damage done while flying and doesn't banish her when she scores while flying, she's a strong contender for runner. _ae can run with the best of them and has powerjump to help her clear more contested areas, a bit more niche but she can work as a secondary runner if Sandalwood is sufficient enough of a backline. You got me on Gillam though, he has the smallest hitbox and is speedy but I don't have a clue on how to use him aside from getting the first ball
>>
>It's possible to have the Nightwings lose every single rite, and still have the reader escape Downside
>>
>>385317938
I call that the Protege Run.
>>
>>385317859
>You got me on Gillam though, he has the smallest hitbox and is speedy but I don't have a clue on how to use him aside from getting the first ball
not him but i found him quite good at banishing adversaries, he can always intercept the runner, leave aura trail behind to cut off escape, quickly kill and pass to your runner
>>
>>385317141
Pamitha is OP as fuck once you get her talisman since it allows her to dunk without banishment and deal extra pyre damage with no drawback. Not to mention she has a modest aura and harpy tackle attack is one of the best counters to saplings and large targets like other harps, bog witches and demons.

_ae is also a very mobile character once you remove her weird start sprint windup, and her jump allows her to potentially juke cheatmode input read haxcasts since it's a very large burst of speed that you can set off anytime. Her throwing distance, chargeup and speed are one of the best in the game as well. With her talisman her offensive range is increased but it's kinda situational
>>
>>385317859
>>385318126
I'm not saying Pamytha or _ae are bad, but if you have access to the other members of the nightwings, they're simply better.
>>
>>385318126

-ae can jump across the entire fucking map
and with a talisman have throw ball charge up be literally instant

She's probably the most OP character late game
>>
How the fuck do you beat Jodariel's trial?

How am I supposed to score if I can't goddamn move?
>>
>>385316035
Come to think of it, Gilman could turn either of his fates into a good ending for him. I was actually sad he didn't get to do much when the revolution came.
>>
>>385318362
Get her second jump.
>>
>>385318362
banish them first, Jodariel is excellent at that
>>
>>385318362
It was kind of easy
Just use aura blast to clear them all out and you have all the time in the world to hop into pyre
>>
>>385318362
By doing what demons do best: Throw aura to banish.
>>
>>385317859
Gilman is best used to assassinate small targets and rez his team, which is very powerful in fights where the enemy has masteries that slow your respawn time. Once you get his increased aura radius mastery he can nothin personnel the enemy team and revive your whole team.
>>
God damn
>playing on hard
>have a moderately challenging time
>get to withdrawn
>get my shit pushed in on their second phase 10 times in a row

>switch to normal
>get to the second cycle
>still feels like you're playing against literal braindead potatoes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I hate myself for playing on normal but I don't hate myself enough to play on hard
just fucking shoot me in the face already
>>
>>385318362
The key to most trials is defense, banish them first and then dunk on them because the beyonders Sandra summons have hope as a dump stat. Hell you get roughly 5 chances on your Pyre and you only need to score 3 times so its perfectly fine to let a ball or two in to only have to deal with two opponents
>>
>>385318667
Theres a titan star for that, its a nice happy medium that also nets you 10% extra enlightenment.
>>
>>385317141
>gilman
>unnecessary
dude moves so fast and he's stupidly good with that one talisman that refreshes stamina on ball pickup

you win the faceoff every single damn time, and depending on enemy aura size you might even have enough stamina to sprint all the way to the opposing pyre
>>
>>385296880
Have we settled on a tier list yet?
>>
>>385318876
When do you unlock that?
I just got the book from black tree man that lets me see other team stats.
>>
>>385318948
bat > savage >= nomad > demon > cur > birb > treant > witch > snek
>>
>>385318948
It's hard since they all fill different roles, but I'd go for (assuming full mastery + fully upgraded trial talisman)

Ti'zo > Pamytha > Rukey > Hedwyn > Jodariel = Bertrude > Sandalwood = _ae > Gilman
>>
File: 1391636659403.jpg (133KB, 684x690px) Image search: [Google]
1391636659403.jpg
133KB, 684x690px
How do I make webMs good?

I downloaded fraps and that seems ok to record footage. I want to make clips of the gameplay because good things are happening on the screen when I play it
>>
>>385319115
>>385319085
people value ti'zo that much? don't get me wrong infinite stamina on his trinket is absolutely borked but i think his base kit isn't that great
>>
>>385319630
His aura + his mobility is ridiculous once you get the stamina boost
>>
File: Angry dog.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
Angry dog.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>385319630
His aura is unreasonable good for somebody his size. He's a better defender than demon or bog witch IMO
>mfw phantom imp bounding towards me with the ball during one of sandra's trials
>>
>>385318961
Think it's just after the first/second liberation rite about halfway through.
>>
File: charisadick.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
charisadick.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>mfw using rank 5 Hedwyn against the Harp team

Absolute massacre
>>
>>385319769
yeah i used the guy mostly as a last-second goal saver with his fat aura and rapid movements, but flutter seems to serve mostly as a weaker jump (as anyone competent will knock you down) and implode charges a bit too slow for my liking
>>
>>385319769
Enemy imps zipping towards me with their huge ass aura always incite a sense of fear in me, moreso than demons.
>>
>>385320103
>Enemy AI on heightened
>after the first ascension rite
>bog witch's team with two Imps

Literally the most terrifying enemy team in the game. Not even the True Nightwings compare.
>>
>>385319878
How come?
>>
>>385319878
That's pretty much how I felt getting his skill for banishing jumping opponents right before their fight.
>>
>>385320327
The True Nightwings savage is a goddamn sniper with the ball who can hit your pyre at the halfway point with maximum charge.
>>
>>385320453
Hedwyn can eliminate flying opponents by charging into them with the appropriate mastery. On normal difficulty, the enemy harps don't have much strategy except flying slowly towards your goal with the ball.

It can get pretty gross, especially if you just eliminate one and then pass the ball to another to chain kill.
>>
>>385320574
>charging into

Jumping into, I should say. The skill is called Shoulder Charge if I remember right.
>>
>>385320656
Shoulder tackle, but yes it wrecks the essence, which made me miss Hedwyn when I had to fight them again after liberating him
>>
>>385320482
Yeah, but the Bog Witch can slamdunk your pyre whenever there's even the slightest gap because of her speed and jump. And there will be gaps considering the two Imps hopping around with their huge auras, their suicide bombing and quick respawning.
>>
>final rite
>entire team gets hit by meteor
>volfred's global teamwide silence/slow kicks in
heh, nothing personnel true nightwings
>>
>>385296880
Even if the game play is sub par, is it worth 20 dollery doos for the music and art.
>>
>>385321674
>final rite
>meteors wipe my team
>moon talisman
>Volfred respawns
Problem, tru nightwings?
>>
>>385321796
The gameplay isn't subpar, it's just not for everyone.
>>
>Playing Essense in a liberation rite
>Their second phase is them starting the round at the halfway mark

fucking BULLSHIT
>>
>tfw can't pass for shit
>>
>>385322054
I don't think i used passing even once, always just die with the ball in hand and only play 1 character until he dies and i get switched
i'm too dumb for this
>>
>>385322208
Get two fast characters (Zhae, Rukey, Gilman and Ti'zo work), and have them go down opposite ends of the field constantly passing to eachother every few seconds. The enemy defense can't deal with it.
>>
>>385322320
>Zhae
that's a first
>>
I wish I could have Harpy and Demon together.
>>
>>385317141
_ae's throwing enlightenment + trinket that basically eliminates time for throw buildup allowed me to win games with her alone.
>>
File: 1451322541196.png (38KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1451322541196.png
38KB, 475x347px
>mfw my entire strat is run for the ball and try to juke them and dive into the pyre like a suicide bomber on caffeine

>mfw they set up intricate 15 move combo
>>
>>385322515
Keep visiting your wagon events. They eventually reconcile.
>>
File: 1455565645708s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1455565645708s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
>>385296880
>always planned to make a game called Pyre
>ends up getting nicked by shitty atheist furries
w e w
>>
>game crashes right before I win the first liberation rite

FUCK YOU GODDAMMIT

HEDWYN DESERVES FREEDOM
>>
File: 1465593695381.jpg (606KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1465593695381.jpg
606KB, 456x628px
where's the save file? I wanna copy it to laptop and play it on my bed
>>
btw did anyone else mindbreak udilmiche? is there a way to actually make use of the -5 hope that you give her?

>>385322598
yeah, i felt like a real brainlet when the final boss tossed me the ball, promptly aura blasted my dude, picked up the ball again, then passed it so my sprinting bertrude blew herself up on his aura
>>
Just finished the game. Damn good. I loved how the story unfolded and events actually mattered. Yet another refreshing narrative from Supergiant.

Got Rukey through on the last Rite with only 3 HP left on my flame. Fuck you Oralech you bitch, should've thrown the orb harder.
>>
>>385323116
Makes her take longer to respawn, but doesn't affect the story
>>
What happens if you fail at liberating anyone and you make all the villains go instead?
>>
>>385323396
dunno
>>
File: 1498341599033.gif (454KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498341599033.gif
454KB, 500x400px
Does it matter who you choose/what order you choose for the liberation rites?
Is there like an optimal time for each of them to go free, or is it fully up to me?

Really wanna go for Hedwyn, since he seems like he has a clearcut reason to go home, but he also doesn't really seem like he wants to leave yet.
>>
>>385323341
wait hold on

in the ending i got for her she blew herself up along with a good chunk of the flagging hands

maybe she sits and waits for yslach to return if you don't invoke him during the fight?
>>
>>385323518
I'd let people sort out unfinished business with eachother/enemy teams first, if possible.

I had Hedwyn leave once I'd liberated Rukey and Jodi.
>>
>>385323518
well you lose them
so whatever happens next even happens in the story they won't be for it
>>
Can you describe this game to me in a single sentence?
>>
>>385316301

>snake hips

So, Sandalwood is gay right? I'd be all over that nasty snatch.
>>
>>385323657
I didn't try to find out
>>
File: 1363449841819.jpg (62KB, 838x587px) Image search: [Google]
1363449841819.jpg
62KB, 838x587px
>No new game plus
That kinda sucks. Especially given the fact that you aren't ever going to get close to maxing out most of your team and the trail to the first liberation rite is pretty much mandatorily too easy.

I'd love a NG+ Where I could continue my character progression and play dangerous non-canon team comps.
>>
>>385323869
Oregon Trail with Magical Basketball
>>
>>385323954
Yeah i dunno
they had ng+ in transistor
>>
>>385323869
Magic soccer with gender neutral players
>>
>>385323869
Magical prison basketball tournament makes you feel stuff.
>>
>>385323887
she's even smoking his pipe

how lewd
>>
>>385323675
Hedwyn seemed like he had the least need to stay in my mind. He didn't have beef with anyone and he knew his purpose, even if it means we didn't all leave together like he wanted, which wasn't gonna happened anyway.
>>
>>385324061
?
Most of the cast have straight love interests
>Hedwyn - his harpy gf
>Jodi - Ignatius
>_ae - Almer
>Volfred - Bertrude (how do a tree and snek breed anyway?)
>>
>>385323869
The best hybrid of visual novel and demonic basketball I've ever played
>>
did anyone let volfred cuck them out of leadership? how did that go?
>>
>>385326209
I doubt you can.
hedwyn would probably butt in regardless
>>
File: 1360459074401.jpg (27KB, 380x260px) Image search: [Google]
1360459074401.jpg
27KB, 380x260px
>Part way through the game enemy savages start playing ten times better
>My fucking face when
>>
>>385324878
Tedious visual novel with a lackluster magic basketball minigame
>>
File: 1477021241053.jpg (262KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1477021241053.jpg
262KB, 1284x980px
He's baaaaaaack
>>
>>385326209
>>385326330
Hedwyn butts in before your character can actually say anything.
>>
for a board that hates non-games like VNs, walking simulators, and CYOA like Telltale games, I'm amazed people are defending the Oregon Trail sections (which make up like 70% of the game)
>>
>>385327551
/v/ likes Oregon Trail
>>
>>385324784
Volfred and Trudy don't get together, Jodi and Iggy hatefuck at the most.
>>
>>385327551
but /v/ loves oregon trail and VNs
have you been living under a rock?

we even played some hentai VNs with this whole board back in the day
>>
>>385327626
still straight and no openly gay/nonbinary gender characters unlike transistor
>>
>>385327601
>>385327721
wrong. /v/ doesn't care about oregon trail. The few times it's mentioned it's mentioned ironically

/v/ fucking hates VNs. VNs literally don't even belong on this board, and the few english VNs that make it here are shitposted to hell and back. Or do you think people legitimately, unironically enjoy Dream Daddy and Hunnie Pop?
>>
>>385327551
>Make decisions that affect future fights rather drastically
>Chances for XP and money (both extremely limited in this game)
>Party members can even be lost for the next round
>This is also when you do combat trials with Sandra
>Narrative does an amazing job of hyping up suspense and tension for the Rites
>Explore the map and find some interactions and I think items once that opens up to you after the first rite
It's definitely a narrative heavy experience but it's not as if you're just reading with no input for everything that isn't the rites.

They definitely should have peppered in at least one section like Sil Gilmore and _ae's in the world but with the combat segments for everybody. I only got those two at least.
>>
File: levels2.jpg (33KB, 320x391px) Image search: [Google]
levels2.jpg
33KB, 320x391px
>>385326965
>>
>>385327863
Seriously stop replying to this guy. These threads go so much smoother when you do.
>>
>>385323954
It doesn't seem particularly necessary to me; you'd just run ramshod over everyone else, and invoking Titan stars would be pointless with no one to really level. I definitely wish Versus could make that sort of thing an option instead of rolling you preset masteries, though.
>>
Did I miss any non-rite encounters are there are really only two (Bae against howlers and worm knight against his former friends)?
>>
>>385328046
No one's replying to him.
He's replying to himself.
Go figure.
>>
>>385328046
life must be easy when your reaction to every bit of criticism is sticking your head under the sand
>>
>>385328192
It's sad how highly likely that is.
>>
>>385323954
>Especially given the fact that you aren't ever going to get close to maxing out most of your team

i maxed out 4 dudes though, maybe you should rotate your team so xp gets spread around?
>>
I wanna FUCK Jodariel
>>
>>385328506
also regarding an ng+ they did mention that the rites would eventually return, though not in the lifetimes of any of the current exiles

so there's no natural explanation for an ng+ like there was in bastion or transistor
>>
>>385328394
>>385328192
>criticism of pyre has been widespread
>everybody who dislikes it is the same person

so stupid it hurts

abused housewives aren't this much in denial
>>
>>385328064
In new game plus everything would be scaled up to you so once you have a maxed level team from it you'd be fighting rites against max level teams

There's no incentive to do Transistor or Bastion's new game+ either unless you want tougher/new fights and to have your whole toolkit from the start. (I'm not suggesting all the characters from the start, but definitely at their old experience level once you acquire them). Also nobody does the modifiers for the bonus in supergiant games.

So it would be you fighting tougher AI and meaner team compositions with your characters having more at their disposal like their items and talents.
Because most of your party isn't going to be maxed out over the course of a game and high level play is really the most fun part of the game. Supergiant basically means for the multiplayer to take the place in the one I guess and even though I'm one of the few that's going to take advantage of that with a buddy of mine I still would like the option of playing a version of the campaign that's going to test me from the get go and let me continue my characters progressions. The story encourages replayability. The gameplay should too.
>>
>>385328701
>Also nobody does the modifiers for the bonus in supergiant games.

Speak for yourself shitter. I do them because I'm not a shitter lol
>>
>>385328506
4 dudes of like a party of 10 though.

I really don't see why there isn't a mode where I can do a story mode that plays like the later games the entire time like with Bastion and Transistor. NG+ is where both of those games shined.
>>
>>385328665
Don't forget the ending of the rites coincide with the return of the titan stars, which are gradually unlocked in the story and thus wouldn't make sense to be unlocked at the start.
>>
>>385328852
That's what I'm saying. People do the modifiers. But they do them for the challenge and fun and not for the reward usually.
>>
Okey niggers i´ve already beaten the trials and released that freak punk that plays with branches and has no fucking clue about shit.

What now? They keep saying that there is a plan and that stuff but i dont want to repeat ALL the fucking trials again in order to get another release since combat is boring as hell.
>>
>>385329106
Should've refunded it when you found the combat boring
>>
>>385329206
Story, art and music are top notch, but the fights are easy and boring.

How could anyone unironically lost any of them?
>>
there's a text on top left that keep warning that I have low fps even though my fps is pretty solid.

any way to get rid of it? very annoying
>>
>>385329376
What difficulty?

The first liberation rite is basically the training wheels. Difficulty picks up from that point regardless but you get modifiers that can make the enemies harder in particular ways too
>>
>>385296880
>That stuff Pametha is saying when you're facing the Essence
Fuck man, I want to take a dive.
>>
>>385329508
you know what you must do anon

throw the match and liberate pamitha to be with her sis
>>
>>385329454
Heightened.
>>
>>385329645
Well, after the first liberation right everything I said starts happening. And the world exploration also opens up, and the liberation rites start coming more frequently.
>>
>>385329508
>>385329621
I liberated Pamitha in front of her sis.
Tamitha never forgives her in any situation anyway
>>
>>385329508
>>385329621
Tamitha is a menace. Only look out for your own.
>>
>>385298497
I don't remember the words, but she shot you down hard. Not happening.
>>
>>385330132
Damn really?
>>
>>385296880
How to not get cucked by females in this game?
>>
>>385329621
I ended up winning the match and Liberated Hedwyn 'cause I need people I can trust on the other side.
I feel like if I run into the Fate I'm gonna have to dive so Shae can have a friend in the Commonwealth.
>>
File: 1484159232609.jpg (52KB, 334x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484159232609.jpg
52KB, 334x349px
So let's get down to brass tacks

Who is best boy and why is it Barker
>>
>>385330631
Sandra is the only viable waifu.
>>
>>385311091
Fae->Gilman->Hedwyn->Rukey->Jodariel->Bertrude->Sandalwood. For Fae I just thought it'd be best if she make it out as soon as possible since I thought the game would have death scenarios or something. Gilman, well, I was just thinking whatever there's still a lot of liberations to go around so might as well see what'd happen with him if he got topside. The next three I just made sure to get out since I promised I'd help them get out once. Bertrude and Sandalwood I was just thinking would be great for THE PLAN considering their capabilities. Didn't seem like it mattered for Ti'Zo and there was no way I'd let Pamitha out since she hadn't even resolved the deal with her sister yet.
>>
>>385330631
pick a better waifu
(hint: it's the one that lives inside a green ball)
>>
>>385330845
I released Rhae and she started a fucking revolution by herself. The absolute madman.
>>
>>385330913
He's got a good theme.
>>
>>385330845
>>385331039
her name is Mae
>>
>>385296880
The hell? I didn't even know this was a Supergiant game.
I didn't even know they were making a new one.
>>
>>385331181
Fae"
>>
>>385331418
Have you been living under a rock last 3 years?
it was at like every pax since then and all over their sites/twitter/news etc.
>>
>>385331707
I dunno I legit didn't hear anything about this game until now.
Weird because I loved Bastion and had fun with Transistor.
>>
>>385330132
You sure?
Doesn't she say something along the lines of "I care about you too"?
>>
A VN would have been better
The rites are so boring
>>
>>385329454
>The first liberation rite is basically the training wheels
Jesus I must suck. The Tempers fucking dunked on me hardcore.
>>
>yfw this theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37PAE0CzTg
>>
>>385330913
>Sets up Barkers Shut up and Jam in the epilogue
That was when I knew he was the best leader in the game.
>>
File: 20th_Century_Boys_v18c06p115.jpg (105KB, 728x1064px) Image search: [Google]
20th_Century_Boys_v18c06p115.jpg
105KB, 728x1064px
>>385332039
>>
So, which mechanic did you never really bother/learn to use? I never power jumped or power cast intentionally.
>>
glorified basketball "game"
>>
>>385332528
I never threw the ball. I mean I did like once or twice, but I found it easier to suicide charge straight into the pyre. That said the amount of times I hit throw by accident and watched the ball sail away is absurd.
>>
>>385332013
There's a couple moments that escalate in the training wheels still. Chastity and Tempers are both have much more bite the first time around than the other teams
>>
>>385332528

I power casted all the time but I had no idea power jumping was even a thing.
>>
>>385332638
Really? I pretty much always threw into the pyre instead of dunking, going a man down is pretty bad ju-ju or the next round.
>>
>>385332638
I throw the ball when it is possible because you don't lose a teammate on the next round.
>>
>>385332638
I only ever threw the ball after the withdrawn because I just couldn't win otherwise.
>>
>>385332638
>>385332752
>Got the Rukey Enlightenment where he won't get banished
>He becomes my all-star player whose divin' past three guys to slap home a 20 pointer every round
>>
can i romance the cute demon girl in this game?
>>
File: i don't get it.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
i don't get it.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>385332528
How the fuck do you even super jump?
>>
I wish there was a way to tell Sandalwood to fuck off and become the successor of the Voicebro
>>
>>385333230
hold down jump, release when it flashes
>>
>>385332528
i don't think i ever charge jumped with rhae, felt too unnatural

people can knock you out of your jumps right?

>>385332638
>not throwing the ball into opponents so you can aura cast at them
>>
File: 1493875674574.jpg (29KB, 593x593px) Image search: [Google]
1493875674574.jpg
29KB, 593x593px
>the way the voice slowly comes to root for your team after you win when he started off resenting you
>>
>>385332528
I never pass
>>
The game files refers to Jodariel as Badass, Rukey as Joker, Hedwyn as Friend, _ae as Mae (as a default) and Psycho (after you choose a name), Ti'Zo as Mascot, Gilman as Knight, Sandalwood as Doc, Pamitha as Vamp, and Betrude as Diva.
>>
>>385334093
>then he gets sick of you toward the end
>>
I'm really getting good to the rites. I've been training on versus mode and I got used to passing consistently and blocking enemies trying to dunk on me. I used fast characters in the campaign and rushed through everything, but I'm using slower characters now.
I'm trying to make a "midrange" triumvirate that can control the field while pressing forward to toss the ball into the pyre. I'm using big demon guy with the ability to kill people using the ball, Ti'zo (he's good at wiping enemies) but I'm not sure on the third member. I'm using the snake lady for now. The only problem with my team is that I have always to toss the ball because I can't afford to play a round against fast characters with one less member.
I wish there was online multiplayer to this shit.
>>
>>385334194
>pamitha
>vamp
well alrighty guess the devs were going for that angle

>bertrude
>diva
fehehe

>>385334602
is versus balanced? i poked in and noticed that sandra has 4 masteries while most others have 1 or 2

suitable for best waifu but still
>>
So anyone already have the character portraits extracted?
>>
>>385334773
Some characters are pretty bad with the default masteries (Bae for example don't have the masterie to get rid of the delay on running and jumping). But you can use custom masteries and talismans on versus (the problem is that it is kind of tiring the select different sets on the beginning of each match).
It would be cool if there were exclusive masteries for the people you don't control on campaign.
>>
File: 1497966343500.jpg (50KB, 181x213px) Image search: [Google]
1497966343500.jpg
50KB, 181x213px
How are you supposed to get a significant amount of money? I've been scraping by on nothing the whole game.
I know there's a couple artifacts that can get you money, but it's not a lot. Is it pretty much just from drops during events and vocations?
>>
>>385335471
Sell scribe artifacts from liberated Nightwing members and complete the imp challenges.
>>
>>385335471
sell the talismans from liberated exiles for a nice 80 sol apiece

you also get something like per-game achievements that you can pull off to get a small amount of dosh, as well as those items that give money on jumping into the pyre
>>
>>385335471
Selling the character specific equipment after you send them back and getting lucky on the oregon trail have been my two biggest sources
>>
I want to like this game because I really enjoyed Bastion and Transistor but I REALLY don't like the gameplay. I wish they've gone with a more traditional rpg style.
>>
>>385335679
>Traditional
>Supergiant
Nani?

The only reason Bastion was in any way typical is because they had a publisher for that one
>>
>>385298497
>You admit, not without some degree of difficulty, that you have grown to care for her, yourself. You understand full well how Jodariel must feel.
>You knew from the first that you had never met anyone like her. But, you could never have surmised the degree to which this turned out to be true.
>Jodariel says nothing, at first.
>Such flattery... how brave of you to say
>...In turn, and as this conversation demonstrates, I have come to value your kinship
.>But, we shall have to draw a boundary there. For a variety of reasons.
>I know I am not being delicate. But, you and I both understand, I think, how feelings operate. Please, forgive me mine.
>I care for you, and I am grateful that you care for me.
>She departs with a nod. You sense her mood had grown darker for the moment, not because of anything you said, but because of how what she knows she made you feel.
>>
>>385335786
Transistor was cool though.
I really didn't sign up for magic basketball.
>>
>>385335786
Wasn't WB just responsible for advertising and licensing and and such?
>>
>>385335830
Huh, well shit.
Can't help but feel that's kinda vague, like what reasons I wonder.
>>
>>385335860
I dont know what to tell you, the combat has a lot to offer if you let it but if you go in with a closed mind of "fuck this sports shit" you aren't gonna have a good time.
>>
Anyone have good screencaps of Sandra?
I've been looking for reference images for her but there's not many

>>385323657
She blows herself up regardless. She's insane
>>
>Rucks will randomly introduce your teammates during a rite instead of The Voice
It's a nice little easter egg. They're the same VA, but it's clearly Logan doing the Rucks voice.
>>
>>385335591
I couldn't bear to sell them though
>>
The voice feels like a discount Stamper from Pit People.
Otherwise I really like the characters for the most part, it's a shame that you have to choose which ones you want to spend more time with.
>>
>>385336338
Knew there'd be a Bastion easter egg in there somewhere.
>>385336360
This game has a weird effect on the feelies don't it?
>>
More than anything, I'm glad the game isn't just a rehash of Bastion or Transistor. Same way I felt about Transistor actually, though moreso for this game.

No gravelly narrator, no "combat," no purposely-incredibly-vague story, no overbearing isolation.
It's its own game that still feels very distinctly like a Supergiant game without relying too much on the things that made the other two good.

Even if it ends up not being as good as the other two, I'm glad Supergiant isn't complacent.
>>
>>385336464
yeah i thought falcon ron would keep them in his inventory - after all, who would want them right? just in case some lore description became relevant

he doesn't though
>>
>>385336648
Well I'd say once every character becomes free game for liberation it sure feels isolated, every character only exists for a brief conversation.
>>
>>385336338
Are you sure? I think it's just the voice getting less enthusiastic about announcing your teammates as the game advances.
>>
>>385337161
Nope, he definitely said "Bertrude" in the exact same Rucks voice in my game. The voices aren't even at all similar, and even when upset he keeps his snide demeanor and doesn't have smooth tones like Rucks
>>
>>385337161
Voice gets increasingly agitated because he realizes Volfred, whom he never saw eye to eye with on their time together and know about his intentions, is trying to fuck up the rites and you're accomplice to that. As the game reaches the climax he flat outs starts rooting for the enemy team, hoping the Scribes smite you and speaks with an increasingly hopeless tone.
>>
Playing doggo pack on versus mode is really fun
>>
>>385336338
I might be looking too much into it but there's a point in the game where one of the overlays is a circle with decorative shit like Transistor would have all along the outside, and the liberation rite "City" view in the middle of it and I think it's meant to be a callback to transistor
>>
File: Transistor.png (288KB, 1275x740px) Image search: [Google]
Transistor.png
288KB, 1275x740px
>>385338180
Forgot my reference pic. Its meant to look liek the transistor logo. I believe. Maybe.

I haven't found anything else yet.
>>
Am I seriously forced to use money making talismans on one character the entire game?
>>
>>385338330
No, they're pretty shitty and you're better off getting lucky in the oregon trail and selling things as you no longer need them
>>
>>385338330
you can find mushrooms in your wagon that sell for a hefty sum
>>
>>385306028
>the plan fails completely and corruption in the commowealth continues to spread until it collapses in on itself
>It fails but during the Harpies attack during the revolt and the Commonwealth is still overthrown because of it, and the Sahrian Union is still made anyway.
>>
>>385338330
desu the trial talismans are all pretty good, and a sizeable portion of them don't need upgrades

>>385338647
you can also get a berry branch
>>
File: IMG_0200.jpg (126KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
126KB, 1024x607px
>>385302484
>if you try to use the bell later, it just says that Rukey took out the ringing bit
>>
>>385339363
Wait, what? My bell totally still works and I still have Rukey
>>
File: IMG_0383.gif (2MB, 247x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.gif
2MB, 247x194px
>Really like the game after completing the first liberation Rite
>invite a friend over for Versus
>spoiler warning pops up
>fuck it, it's probably just characters I haven't seen yet, it's not like I know who they are
>check the teams
>True Nightwings
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBi5Dd1vn4A

>only plays in options
WASTED.jpeg
>>
File: 2d4.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>385339952
Well you're the one who ignored the spoiler warning.
>>
Does telling rukey to shave his mustache actually do anything in the long run or it's just a random +1 hope event?
>>
>>385340108
they breathe before every verse
>>
>>385340990
No. He just shaves it or keeps it.
>>
File: 1364168025073.png (138KB, 179x312px) Image search: [Google]
1364168025073.png
138KB, 179x312px
>>385341467
>Telling Rukey to shave the stache
I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>385303702

Barker is corrupting the inclusive nature of the Dissidents by only accepting Curs.
>>
File: 1497937185476.jpg (41KB, 705x411px) Image search: [Google]
1497937185476.jpg
41KB, 705x411px
>>385341228
>>
>>385341829
Are you kidding me that shit bothered me the first time I saw him back in the game's reveal

He looks inifinitely better without it

I bet you have shitty facial hair of your own
>>
File: 1415709984936.png (9KB, 188x158px) Image search: [Google]
1415709984936.png
9KB, 188x158px
>Send Ti'Zo through first as a goof to try and cut the feelings and tension
>Ti'Zos goodbye speech and _ae talking about him afterwards makes me legitimately cry
>Realize shortly after I also miss out on one of the best playstyles for a vast majority of the game
>>
>>385302252
Most of the Triumvirates are deconstructions of the qualities they were supposed to embody. The only one really adhering to it was Dalbert, and once he kicks it, assuming Almer takes over, he won't likely be as pious and honorabru as his dad.
>>
File: skeleton surprised.jpg (24KB, 549x471px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton surprised.jpg
24KB, 549x471px
>When Sandalwood First speaks to you in English
>>
>>385342510
well it's a moot point now isn't it? given that the rites are over and barker seems the be the only one who still cares about the ceremonies in some capacity
>>
>>385342404
>Saves you from death
>Just met you
>Values you enough to ask for an opinion on his appearance
>It's also just a fucking dapper ass mustache
>>
>>385342643
Barker only cares about them because he'd be bored otherwise, and he didn't give 2 shits about the actual purpose of the rites and makes it clear he only takes the liberation rites in order to cockblock your team
>>
Have people found a way to discuss the girl you can name without confusing each other yet
>>
>>385342580
He does that more than once?
>>
File: 1499554971099.jpg (25KB, 315x365px) Image search: [Google]
1499554971099.jpg
25KB, 315x365px
>You inform Sandra that, although you very much appreciate her offer, and value her service to you and the Nightwings, that you cannot accept
>The Beyonder Crystal was never yours to take, and belongs to the Nightwings. And Shandra's penance is not yours to judge, or change.
>You wish her well.
>She absorbs all this, betraying no emotion
>...Very well, then, Reader.
>I knew the proposition was absurd. But, in my place, I felt that I had little left to lose
>“Thus, I shall consider our relationship to have come to its inevitable end. There is nothing more that I can do for you, and nothing you would do for me.”
>“I have dealt with many of your Nightwings in my time, but, for whatever it is worth, I wish for you to know... I liked you better than the rest of them.”
>“You knew when to shut up.”
>“Now, then... goodbye. And, may you crush your last remaining adversaries under heel, as surely I would have”
>She is gone.... The Beyonder Crystal is inert.
>>
>>385343028
Her official name seems to be just Moon-touched girl but everyone seems to call her _ae just to avoid creating unnecessary arguments from what you named her
>>
>>385343028
Bae because it's the gag one or _ae
>>
What are the names of all the songs with vocals?
>>
>>385343028
Stowawae?
>>385343116
What manner of creature are you?
>>
_ae please stop hitting on that faggot you're MY WAIFU not his
>>
>>385343116
don't do this to me anon
>>
>>385343116
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
I wish someone will make Never to Return mashups with the triumvirate themes that play during liberation rites. It's unfortunately inconsistent in game as the volume of the theme fluctuates with the distance between you and the enemy carrying the orb. It's excellently immersive but I'd like to hear them standalone as well.
>>
>>385343774
hopefully we'll get a pyre extended ost like we got one for transistor, with the hummed/glitched versions of songs
>>
>>385339952
Also It's as bad as you think
>>
>>385343189
Fae*
>>
>>385342475
>Gave Ti'Zo Moon Crest which I boosted to rank 20
>Self Destruct to kill 2
>Moon Crest
>Trade with their third
>Moon Crest
>dunk for 25
I liberated Hedwyn and Jordiel I think I'm going to need him for like the rest of the game just for his defensive capabilities since he has such good base presence.
>>
>>385343275
Vagrant Song
Never to Return
I think there are more but one I'm sure is like the credit/ending song so I'm not spoiling it for myself.
Also, I'm pretty sure there is an additional verse in Never to Return depending on which team you're facing but I can't seem to find the different versions of it.
>>
>>385344196
you get better defensive characters later, and Tizo is an amazing offensive unit as much as he is a defensive unit, probably most OP class in the game
>>
I kept waiting for the big twist where sandalwood and the crone are evil as fuck,
I'm sending my favourite Nightwings to death or slavery or something. I didn't sell the Legendary trinkets thinking I would need them after a halfway point or for the last battle
>>
Oh fug I'm at the second liberation rite and I don't know who to choose

I already let Hedwyn free, and Jodariel seems like she has the least ties here, but goddammit she's so cool I don't want her to leave
Rukey has shit to deal with since Barker is still here, and _ae needs to get a boyfriend

Fuck
>>
>>385344343
In the Flame
Mourning Song
Vagrant Song
Never to Return
SPOILER ending song Bound Together
>note the above song changes in the ending depending on who you liberate and leave behind, compared to the soundtrack version
>>
What was Jodariel's crime? I was gonna send up doggo, but he isn't worthy. So, I have to send her.
>>
File: 3y (2).jpg (141KB, 1675x942px) Image search: [Google]
3y (2).jpg
141KB, 1675x942px
>>385343028
>>
>>385344695
Jodariel has been there the longest, she deserves to rest.
>>
>>385345614
Refusing to kill Harp children.
>>
>>385345614
she refused to kill a group of harp prisoners of war
>>
>>385345678
She's also the best to gather and lead forces for the plan tbqh. It's no mistake she's Soliam Murr's race.
>>
>>385345614
Caught a bunch of harpy child soldiers scouting around and refused an order to execute them. One can imagine the commonwealth executed the babby birbs anyway after exiling Jodi.
>>
>>385345614
She did strange things to young boys dicks.
>>
>>385345887
I KNEW she had an ulterior motive for looking after those orphans.
>>
>>385344625
I'm glad there wasn't a twist
Finding Bertrude incanting a spell of protection and good fortune for Sir Gilman was heartwarming. I'm happy there was no big reveal that made them bad guys. it would have cheapened the story for me.
>>
I need to know if anyone felt the same I did.

From the start I really liked the gameplay of the Rites but everything else was disappointing, the travel sections seemed really meaningless and there wasn't enough character interaction for me to care about them.

After you meet Sandalwood Hedwyn talks about how you are their friend and they're never abandoning you and etc but I felt nothing for any of the crew except for Fae and Sandra - because even if I didn't know much about them I liked their personalities enough.
This was the same problem I had with Bastion, they just don't show you enough about the characters for you to care about them (though in Bastion it was my fault since I didn't notice the other character besides the kid had dream sequences, but even them it's just their backstory, not interaction between them).

That only changed after the first Liberation Rite, the number of characters make it so you constantly have scenes between them going on, and at the end I cared for everyone of them except Sandalwood. Though I still think they could've done more with the travel sections.
I feel like the game should have spent more time with the cast before the Rite, I didn't even know any of their pasts at that point.
>>
>>385334093
>But this time I wish you....... just a little bit of luck.
>>
>>385346242
I think having to let go of some characters before you get to know them is kind of a part of the game.

You have to make the in-universe choice of having characters you like with you or have them be happy.
>>
Dissidents, where we at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LMZYnOml54
>>
>>385346242
Yeah, I found it weird that you only learn anyone's backstory is after the first liberation rite. Especially since the first journey is implied to take weeks if not months.
>>
Holy shit, the Fate's power is such bullshit, especially if you use Ti.
>>
>>385346242
I definitely feel like the rites should have been more spread out to allow for more time to know people between them. Obviously it starts ushering you pretty quickly to the end to build tension and it works, but the first rite was the longest to get to, but felt like it had the lowest stakes since you didn't know anyone that well yet.
I think the game would have done well to have more objectives beyond the rites to give people time to learn and interact with characters. As it stands, I think the game was still really good, but until the first liberation rite it felt like it was still finding its footing when it should have been on solid ground at that point.
>>
>thread improves after the amount of time it takes an average person to beat the game
really makes you think
>>
File: 20170727155312_1.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170727155312_1.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>385345678
>>385345775
>didn't think to screencap her smiling

fuck
>>
>>385345650
Can't people just call her Stowaway and call it a Dae?
>>
>>385346596
I think its the fact they gated the flight behind it and its once you have the flight that you choose locations that give you hints as to certain people receiving enlightenment or story there, or a blessing from the Scribes, etc. So basically the ability to really explore peoples story was hidden behind the movement mode which was hidden behind the liberation....
>>
>>385346660
The white garments are so fucking hype every time.
>>
File: Space-Jam.jpg (1MB, 2014x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Jam.jpg
1MB, 2014x1536px
A group of weirdos, each of a different species, competes in an outer-space basketball game against monsters in order to win their freedom with the help of an extraordinarily skilled outsider who they enlist from another land
>>
>>385346725
But you should've learned the first three's backstories at least, considering that they call you friend and it's more than likely going to be one of them leaving first.
>>
>>385346596
As weird as it sounds I wouldn't have minded more minigame segments like the fending off the howlers with _ae that happened earlier on. The fact Ti'zo just builds a nest after that event and goes oh yeah we don't have to worry about attacks anymore kinda made that one segment stand out a lot more and not necessarily in a good way
>>
>>385346869
>One of them's a woman who makes me think unchristian thoughts
Good lord it fits like a glove.
>>
>>385346724
That doesn't sound right, if I Mae add.
>>
>>385346920
I sent Jodariel first specificlaly because I knew enough about her and how useful she was going to be at spearheading the plan that I didn't need to learn more. Especially after what she said at Scribesgate.
>>
>>385346920
You can actually learn Hedwyn backstory early if you ask him about his past, which I find a really weird decision since you can only ask one question and all the other options were more relevant at the moment.
>>
>>385347208
Well, those three give stronger hints than the others do, actually. Rukey drops hints whenever he sees Barker, and Hedwyn and Jodariel state their title at Scribesgate, with Hedwyn's being especially obvious as to his crime.
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.