[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was he in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: FO01_Overseer_Cinematic.png (344KB, 660x489px) Image search: [Google]
FO01_Overseer_Cinematic.png
344KB, 660x489px
was he in the wrong?
>>
>>385292131
Yes
>>
>>385292151
how so?
>>
In hindsight, probably not. If the Dweller had stayed, and the other dwellers had not gone with him to Arroyo, Vault 13 and the nascent NCR would be buttfucked by the Enclave since the Chosen one would never have been born to nuke the Oil Rig.
Granted, since Fallouts 1 and 2 are part of a stable time loop (if you count the Guardian of Forever encounter as canon) it really couldn't have happened any other way
>>
>>385292131
f1 version, maybe.
f2 version (retconned), yes.
>>
>>385292131
Yes, the fuck kind of thinking is "oh man if you stay niggas will wanna go out too"
Just tell those vault fucks the horrors of the wasteland to keep them inside

Gonna kick the nigga who saved you out naw nigga, finna catch these hands
>>
Yes, by exiling you he inadvertently inspired several others to follow you and create Arroyo as a result. That and he probably died pretty painfully if you took the Blood Mess trait.

Had he not exiled you Fallout 2 would've been a completely different story, except you aren't pants-shitting tribals.
>>
>>385292351
He's under orders to keep everyone inside until sent the activation signal (which would come from the enclave)
>>
>>385292489
And had he kept you inside everyone would've died
>>
>>385292489
You'd think people would forget about the signal from the outside when they learned that the entire country has become desolate wasteland with mutated critters and savages infesting it.
>>
>>385292780
Why wouldn't you assume the Gman isn't relaxing in his own bunker with all the technology and resources needed to reclaim the wastes? "We haven't got a signal because they're obviously too busy burning the taint out of Washington to bother with our area of the country!"
>>
>>385292131

From results-based conclusions, yes. But he does not have the privilege of knowing he's in a story.

You are dangerous to the structure of the vault. Even if you kept your mouth shut and head down, they would still beg you for stories from above... and when you would not satiate their thirst for novelty, it would only be a matter of time before they would try to escape to see it themselves.

It's strictly better for the vault that you disappear; The Vault Dweller returned home but once to save his family, but returned to the wasteland, as it was now more home to him than the vault.

That's the kind of hero the vault needed; one that's conveniently absent, unable to spin tales of glory or adventure; simply a legend of the bleak wasteland above.

It's up to you if the Vault is a worthwhile thing at this point, but to the overseer, it was. The Dweller must leave. In all honesty, he was better for it.
>>
>>385293024
Because most of the vaults turned out to be social experiments and any one who gave a fuck is pile a bones by now
>>
>>385292556
Not true. They are technically still pure radiation free humans (with the exception of the vault dwellers and his descendants) but if the chosen one can pretend he's an enclave soldier he can also pretend his ancestor never left the vault.

Chosen one and enclave get along, Mutie scum killed, the end.
>>
>>385292351
What's with that niggerspeak? Go back to Facebook.
>>
>>385292274
I want enclave to win tho
>>
>>385293224
The issue is that the people in the vaults don't know that.
>>
Next fallout game you should be able to activate the all clear signal.
>>
https://youtu.be/IuBjeLiWhek
>>
File: fronk weast.png (342KB, 758x763px) Image search: [Google]
fronk weast.png
342KB, 758x763px
>>385293915
>mfw classic Fallout NPCs see you as a useful idiot and give you incredibly simplified quest directions to get shit done for them
I can see where Fallout 4 got it's quest givers from
>>
>>385292131
yeah
>>
>>385293489
dum nigga detected
>>
>>385292390
>if you took the Blood Mess trait
>if
>>
>>385295036
Bloody Mess seems like the best go-to trait at first but the fact that it ALWAYS gives you the same animation for all the kills is really unsatisfying in the long run.

Without the trait you sometimes deal just enough damage and they fall over dead, sometimes it blows a chunk out of them and sometimes you get that really nice crit which splatters their shit apart. It just feels more rewarding without bloody mess.
>>
I wish I could see the reaction of the vault 13 overseer when the water merchants knock on the door asking them to sign a slip from "The Vault Dweller". So much for keeping the vault a secret and it used to lower the invasion timer.
>>
>>385295564
"uhhh.... we've got a purchase order here for a Mr. I. P. Freely. Is there a Mr Freely at home?"
>record scratch
VAULT DWELLLLLERRRRRRRRR!
>>
>>385293915
>yes, you can touch things
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>385292131
No. He protected his people.
>>
>>385292131
in fallout 2 they wrote in that he only wanted to keep people in for the "le social epiriment" for US government that doesn't exist anymore.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.