[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter V SFV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 496
Thread images: 92

File: sf5-ryu-key-artwork.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sf5-ryu-key-artwork.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>People STILL hate this game
>But nobody knows why
Honestly, when you ask why people hate this game, no two people will give you the same answer. Each person seems to have a different personal problem with the game (indicative that there no big underlying sins and people are scrounging for justification), and most of them have never even touched it. It's just cool and trendy to hate the game to make it seem like you know about fighting games. Why is that? When you try to talk about SFV, people will usually just hit you with the usual "lol SFV" or ">SFV" without explaining their stance. Most people can't even tell you why they don't like the game without linking to videos of other peoples' opinions that they've adopted. It's pathetic.
>>
The capcom shilling is outrageous. Everyone has gave the same criticism. Shit is dry as fuck. Every character has the same gameplan.
>>
>>385289934
Its nothing new really. Hell its pretty obvious that a lot of the FG thread made after EVO are shitting on Tekken 7 and 'who is Geese?", all the while making threads about Abifail being 'fun' and 'why are you not playing SFV'. Its disgusting.
>>
>>385289934
>Every character has the same gameplan.
Third Strike was even more rushdown than SFV because parry obliterated the neutral but people here fellate that game. Sounds like double-standards to me.
>>
It's one of two things:

- MUH arcade mode
- they just suck at it

no exceptions
>>
>>385290138
3S was pretty shit, but at least 3S had footsies and whiff punishing.
>>
>>385289606
Most people will say it's too "simple" or "easy" but without ever saying what makes it that way. It's obvious not a very easy game because Thug was in the fight of his life against Tokido and with using all his experience and skill still got outplayed.
>>
>>385290138
that doesn't make SFV good.
>>
>>385290262
>3S had footsies and whiff punishing.
Okay. SFV does too, what you're pushing here is blatantly false. It's not footsies or whiff punishing like SFIV but it is in the game.
>>
>>385290138
Who's fellating it? Tryhards who don't even play the game? The game is dead in the west for reason. Anyway, what sets 3s apart from SFV is that the former is a much tougher game to get into. The meta while not varied is atleast steep.
>>
File: 1501105318105.jpg (54KB, 611x593px) Image search: [Google]
1501105318105.jpg
54KB, 611x593px
CAN'T JAIL THE GAIL
>>
>>385290179
>- they just suck at it
>At an easy game

We all know its the only fighting game you can play, friend.
>>
>>385289606
I've never played because sony exclusive but I consider it shit.
It's shit. Everything sony puts money becomes shit.
>>
>>385290547
It's on PC
>>
>>385290427
It's because SFV has the lowest execution barrier of any game in the series. I'm aware of that, but I'm also fine with it. It has its drawbacks, such as fewer unique high-skill combos and setplays, but it has plenty of benefits too, such as being more accessible to newcomers (which is important for any fighter) and also putting more emphasis on other fundamental aspects of the game besides execution. No one wants to get into a game when you tell them that to even start getting competent, they have to practice stuff like FADC and 1f links for months on end before anything else.
>>
MUH OPTION SELECTS
>>
>be balrog
>get pushed into corner
>opponent gets close
>get thrown on wakeup
>think opponent isn't going to spam throws
>stand up
>get thrown again
>try countering throw on third wakeup
>get combo'd for 50%
>wake up from knockdown
>try any kind of defense or counter-attack
>thrown'd

You either getting thrown or combo'd no matter what. Throws were a mistake, fighting games would be better without them.
>>
>>385291230
>fighting games would be better without them.
>literally block everything
>opponent can't do shit to me

lol ok
>>
>>385290476
He's a big guy.
>>
>>385291230
Throws are a necessary counter to blocking. I do think that throws should only work when the victim is blocking, though.
>>
>>385291293
Also there should be no distinguish between high and low block. Block should just block all, no throws.

I want a game where whoever gets the first hit in just turtles until the clock runs to 0.
>>
I don't hate it. The netplay feels awful, however, so I never play it. It's a pity, and it makes me concerned for MvCI. I don't have a lot of the misgivings about that game as many others, but if I hear that it feels like SFV does online, I'll have to pass no matter how much I've enjoyed demo gameplay. Too much of a shut-in to play a game that's crippled outside of locals.
>>
>>385291376
m8, i think the game you want is called Age of Empires
>>
>>385291359
>I do think that throws should only work when the victim is blocking, though.
If I 'm reading this right, that sounds like a horrible idea. If you're suggesting that people should only be able to be thrown out of blockstun, it would give positive moves and tick throw setups unparalleled power. As it is right now, you cannot throw someone under the effects of blockstun.
>>
>>385291482

I think he just means you shouldn't be allowed to be thrown during the startup frames of an attack, as in very strictly implementing the attack > throw > guard > attack RPS game, a la Pokken. Which is by no means a dig at pokken on my end, I love that game. Very unique.
>>
Netcode is still dogshit, and getting worse.

Also they keep nerfing shit when they outright said before the game even came out they weren't going to do that. Lo and behold during the beta they fucking nerfed everyone, and continue to do so.
>>
>>385289606
It's not a good game and they are selling it by pieces.
>>
>>385291293
>>385291359
>literally block everything
>Throws are a necessary counter to blocking.

That's what lows and overheads are for.
>>
File: 1467789174123.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467789174123.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
I like SFV but it has it's problems, problems that people hate it for.

That being said it's easy to hate literally any fighting game ever made. Every fighting game has big problems with it, so if you want to hate it (like people want to hate SFV because modern CAPCOM) it's really not hard.
>>
>>385290262

>3S had footsies

3S had the least footsies of any street fighter game ever made. It's by far the least traditional SF ever released. You could not be further from the truth.
>>
Worst. Roster. Ever.
>>
>>385291939

It's not SF3. Or, outside of strictly SF, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. That game's roster is the most bogus shit.
>>
>>385291230

That's your punishment for getting yourself put in the corner you dumbass. Street Fighter is supposed to be a battle for positioning and if you got put in the corner, guess what? You lost, you deserve to be put into a corner specific mix-up.

Do you want to know what's actually dumb? Your braindead character can carry people LITERALLY corner-to-corner for 50% of their health into a meaty wake-up situation.
>>
>>385292112
>Your braindead character can carry people LITERALLY corner-to-corner for 50% of their health into a meaty wake-up situation.

I know that, that's how I win matches.

I just wanna give Mikey even more advantages.
>>
>>385289606
Isn't it enough to hate a game because it's boring? Why can't people feel comfortable saying this? The problem my friends and I all have with SFV is that it isn't fun. It just does not hold our interest like other fighting games do.

Nothing else needs to be said. If a game isn't fun, why play it?
>>
>>385291776

Games centered around low/overhead are complete garbage. Play NRS shit if you want something so stupid.
>>
>>385289606

SFV is lacking on defensive options the best thing you can do is sit there and block. High level play will just bait you into v reversal. Wake up nothing is your best option. Learning what's a true block string and what's not is the only defense you'll have in this shit. Once you got your defense down get ready to play the guessing game and good luck playing the guessing game against characters like Laura and Necalli.

I'm improving at the game at the moment and it feels great but even I notice the lack of defense.
>>
>>385292254
Games centered around throws and throw setups are even worse.
>>
>>385289606
>Each person seems to have a different personal problem with the game
You mean that's indicative that there's something wrong for everyone rather than a specific subset of the audience.
>It's just cool and trendy to hate the game to make it seem like you know about fighting games
Why would someone want to hate their purchase "to be cool"? No one is pleased that they are getting less than their money's worth.
>>
>>385292313

Nothing is worse then NRS shit.
>>
>>385292062

Fuck off SF3's was great. Ballsy move and only a few are worse than classics (Remy). Most of te characters from 3 are the most loved.
>>
File: IMG_2635.jpg (22KB, 505x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2635.jpg
22KB, 505x275px
I don't like the V system. Capcom gave each character a unique ability, but then discourage players from using it by offloading standard defensive options onto it. As a result most matches feel slow. Just moving reversals to the other bar would improve the pacing.
>>
>>385289606
Too much input lag they need to drop it 2 more frames. 7 frames is too much
>>
I hate the game because I am punished for having better internet than everyone I play against. What the fuck, Capcom? Why is the netcode this fucked still a year later?
>>
>>385289934
Advice: Don't play DBFZ if your complain is about characters having the same gameplan. That shit is 10x worse in that game.
>>
>>385292462
Do you think the girls in Demetri's stage were originally boys?
>>
>>385292382
No he's right, the only good characters that SF3 brought were Dudley, Alex, Ibuki, Makoto, and Urien. Rest can burn and are immensely inferior to the World Warriors.
>>
>>385289606
>input lag
>no defensive options
>weak fireball game
>combos are too easy
>every character and their grandma can casually 50% you across the stage

Among other things
>>
>>385292254
Fighting games in general are super niche. People who play the game religiously for the life time of it are so small. Capcom should have copied NRS if they wanted to make money. Good thing they didnt and we got an amazing game that people would watch than play.

I mean really, who would want to buy a game and play it yourself if you could just watch pros play it instead. Did you see sf view numbers against injustice?
Capcom not making money is the best thing for the fgc. /s
>>
>>385290358
>SFV has footsies
No it doesn't
>>
>>385292741
Yes it does. I can do it too.
>>
>>385292683
You can say those same things about tekken and nobody would notice.
>>
>>385289606
Nobody plays SFA3 or CVS2 anymore. Nobody plays Vampire Savior anymore, nobody plays any VF anymore, nobody plays SCV anymore.
Either I play current games or I don't play, and the least cancerous are SFV and KI.
I like KOF14 but servers are barren both on consoles and PC.
>>
Is netplay still a teleporting fuck fest with d/cers?
>>
>>385292564
You just blew my mind...
>>
>do a medium strength normal
>amazing range
>no proximity normals so it is special cancelable no matter what
>links into another medium which cannot be interrupted
>if the opponent tries to do anything after the first medium, I can hit them for 30%+ of their health
>I get a free throw mixup after the first hit because it is so scary to interrupt
>the second medium is also safe on block so I can just stop afterward if neither hit
>or I can go for a throw mixup
>even if they tech the throw, I'm at no real disadvantage
>can throw a random CC to do half their health because they tries to play footsies

This is part of what I hate about SFV and also in part why it feels like the whole cast plays the exact same way
>>
>>385292741
SFV has the best footsies....at super high level where you're physically playing against another human in the same space and realizing you're not even playing the game anymore but trying to play the other guy's mind.

That's always been the problem with Capcom fighters. You can have fun at the start, then you realize how bad you are, then you realize how mediocre or bad the systems are, then you realize how much fun you're not having playing scrubs, then you have that one super high level game that reminds you how good the game could be.
>>
>>385289606
i hate how half the cast is WAYY stronger then the other half. the first lady of fighting and everybodys favoirte sadist suck in this game. laura is for scrubs and so are shotos
>>
>>385292564
I do now. I'll be thinking about that for a while.
>>
>>385292874
Gotta love playing PC Bison, Alex, and Ed... You don't even see their start ups.
>>
>>385293037
So that's a yes? It was unplayable when 60% of ranked matches were people that fickered everywhere.
>>
>>385292657

These guys are also great:
Yang
Yun
Oro
Hugo (moveset)
meme Q that a lot of people like.

Damn including returning cast, I can't believe over 90% of the cast is good... damn...
>>
>>385292935

I will never understand this "everyone plays the same" meme.

Please explain to me how the following characters play the same:

Ryu
Sim
Zangief
Kolin
Guile
Bison
Rashid
Ibuki
FANG

That's being generous too.
>>
>>385292475
Online gaming will never be good so long as we keep playing with niggers and thrid worlders.
>>
I really like Kolin and nobody else seems to. Oh well.
>>
>>385291578
But a good amount of characters got buffed after S2 anon and Vega, Ryu, Alex, Nash, and Zangief got buffs after the S2 balance patch. I'll give you the universal nerfs to characters and some archetypes from the beginning of S2.
>>
>>385293223
Nah dude, this game has problems that other games don't. The person with the better connection is at a disadvantage. Not only do they get all of the desyncs, but they also lose animation frames even on good connections of something like at least 3 more frames than the other person.
>>
>>385289934
And they use EVO entrants to measure popularity instead of sales and cultural relevance baka.
>>
>>385293197
Medium kick links into to everything else
>>
>>385293197
They're all trying to throw you or wait for you to try and counter the throw for 50% combos
>>
>>385289606
It looks like shit fag
>>
>>385289606
The UI is very inconvenient. Why only have best of 3 than deciding to play as much as you want? Why can't I have the sound options on the menu during gameplay? Why can't I restart a match when I'm playing offline? I haven't played too much of it, but MLX felt very fast and convenient when it came to options.
Gameplay itself is alright, just bland at some points.
>>
>>385291939
I don't get the "shit roster" criticism.

SF5 has a healthy mix of staple characters (shotos, Chun-Li, Guile, M Bison), returning characters from older entries that weren't in SF4 (Birdie, R Mika, Urien, Nash, Alex), complete newcomers (Rashid, Laura, Necalli, Fang), and characters that were background characters in the lore/Final Fight characters (Kolin, Ed, Abigail). And more characters will be added as they continue season passes.
>>
File: Hype Dog.png (14KB, 260x322px) Image search: [Google]
Hype Dog.png
14KB, 260x322px
>>385289606
I dislike Street Fighter as a whole, not just Street Fighter V. It has every right to exist and I want Capcom to do well but that does not mean I will play it.
>>
>>385293364

Not a single one of those characters has an MK that links into anything. Only one or two of them have an MK that links off a CH. So in other words you're clueless.

>>385293371

Oh, I guess every character plays the same because they're trying to do damage to you. I guess every grappled ever made plays the same because they're trying to command grab you. I guess every character that throws a fireball and punishes you for jumping plays the same too.
>>
>>385292741

What fucking fighting game, BESIDES THE MELEE MOUTH BREATHERS, doesn't have footsies, faggot? Seriously? Do you know what footsies are?
>>
>>385291776
>That's what lows and overheads are for.
>I block your low
>I block your overhead

Now what faggot?
>>
>>385293504
SFV has a pretty good roster in terms of diversity imo. New characters for S2 are pretty cool too. Abigail is turning out to be a lot of fun and frustrating to play.
>>
File: 1482692982017.jpg (37KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1482692982017.jpg
37KB, 680x848px
>>385290476
>DLC character you have to wear a different costume for so you don't have to look at how badly they fucked up his model
>>
>>385291230

This cannot be the reason why people hate SFV, Jesus Christ. This is just a common tactic.
>>
>>385293616
Mix it up until you hit. Keep chipping them until they try and counter, then beat their counter.
>>
>>385293504

People are retarded. You're absolutely right. The roster is great, nevermind adding on to the fact that every newcomer is far better and more interesting then every single 4 newcomer other than Juri.

People don't want returning characters, they just want THEIR returning character. People don't want new characters either they just want new characters either. They all complained (rightfully) when Ultra was just 5 ported SF x T character and a lazy as fuck re-used assets character yet now that capcom is making characters from scratch they're complaining about not getting the same shit that takes less effort.
>>
>>385293764

How is this any different from throw defense?
>>
File: 1497829636638.jpg (76KB, 320x569px) Image search: [Google]
1497829636638.jpg
76KB, 320x569px
>>385293764

What? No. That's dumb. You want a fighting game that's all blockstrings.
>>
Street fighter v more like shit fighter v
>>
>>385293176
I forgot about Hugo, he's good but then he's a Final Fight character so he would be a worthy addition. I'm not a big fan of the others you posted.
>>
File: 1486602735911.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1486602735911.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>385292564
>>
File: 1497766555207.png (454KB, 800x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1497766555207.png
454KB, 800x1030px
>>385293806

Bitches be hating on Laura when she's one of the best new contenders. As well as Rashid.
>>
>>385289934
This, the same thread has been made constantly for weeks. Fuck off, OP
>>
>>385293873
Because it requires skill and knowledge of moves. Anybody can spam universal throws and hope to bait their opponent into either more throws or attempting to counter a throw that doesn't happen.

An alternative would be for throw counters to be more punishing. Either for a counter throw to in itself be a throw that damages the opponent or for the opponent to be minus after being countered(so you can rush in and hit them if you're fast enough).
>>
I admit the genre would be less interesting without SF. the early 00' were great years for fg with juggernaut hits like TTT, T5, SC2 and SC3 alongside VF4, and the various MK...but that era still missed something.

I don't wish SF to die but I do want Capcom to disappear already. Worst gaming company in history, the very first one that started to milk and its customers with the SF2 series back in the early 90's.

Just imagine what a series SF could be in the hands of a competent, honest and passionate
company.

Capcom should just sell their IPs and die.
>>
>>385293504
Supposedly the remaining roster are Menat, Zeku, Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C.Viper, Q and Necro.

I personally would like Ingrid and one of the least supernatural Darkstalkers (Sasquatch or Aulbath) but we can't have nice things.
>>
>>385294101

Are you unironically trying to say anybody can't do a low or an overhead? What is your argument?
>>
File: 1499623993539.jpg (471KB, 800x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1499623993539.jpg
471KB, 800x1231px
>>385294101

Again, no. You're rewarding a specific type of playstyle. You're encouraging pressure and only pressure. What you want is a game made exclusively of shotos and rushdown tactics. A character like Guile who has one part gameplan in controlling space rather than relying on blockstrings is made void in your "dream game".

Throws aren't hard to handle at all. Its just SFV is lacking in wakeup options.
>>
>>385294101
>require skill to do an overhead

What
>>
>>385289606
I don't hate it, I just wish it was better.
>>
>>385294202
Lows and overheads are different for each character. Throws are not. It's about knowing how each character works, what their timings are, what the risk/reward is for your options.

Throws are about hoping your opponent doesn't do a throw counter. And spamming it until you trick them into doing a throw counter when you're not throwing. There's no risk because worst case scenario is you're pushed back.
>>
Hear is my reasoning for barely even playing, and I'm a huge sf fan, have been since SF2, V was one of the only games I've bothered to preorder.
Game at release was broken, I couldn't even register a name properly. Keyboard commands were hidden and the game didn't recognise my arcade stick. There was no arcade mode to play and I wasn't keen to jump straight online. The roster was obviously kept small so they could sell dlc, Capcom even made their own store to sell if.
Sorry, but no. If you release an obviously unfinished product with half the content held back then it just comes across purely as a cash grab.
I may well pick it up on ps4 if they release a full featured version at a bargain price but I won't be joining in the pc circus of endless dlc.
>>
File: 1474770207859.jpg (124KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
1474770207859.jpg
124KB, 645x911px
>>385294125

How can people say Capcom is the worst when Activision fucking exists, I swear to Christ.
>>
>>385294270
It requires skill to know when to do an overhead, because of the startup times and the risk of being punished on blocked.
>>
>>385294332
Throws have ranges for each character and not all characters can do throw loops in corner e.g Ryu
>>
File: 1474768205327.jpg (97KB, 659x805px) Image search: [Google]
1474768205327.jpg
97KB, 659x805px
>>385294341

Why are you typing like that? Why? Reddit spacing was a meme but your shit is infuriating. While SFV had no excuse being in the state it was on Day One, AND EVEN IF Vanilla 4 was broken on release, they should have made sure to push out a competent product. Especially given they should have utilized the team for the Dragon's Dogma PC port.

Regardless, fuck off with your blog.
>>
>>385294332

Nigga. Anybody who plays whatever fighting game at even an average level knows shit like that. Regardless, fighting games would not benefit from "you need to know ALL this frame-data for every character in the game".

Fighting games are about fighting the other person, not fighting the game itself.
>>
>>385294332
>There's no risk because worst case scenario is you're pushed back.
You can't shimmy without walking back. You can't walk back and block low.
>>
90 posts 48 unique ip's

lots of 'new' posts trying to defend shit fighter 5

hmmmmmmmmm really makes u think
>>
File: 1474769940065.jpg (382KB, 1244x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1474769940065.jpg
382KB, 1244x1603px
>>385294401

What the fuck are you talking about? Skill in knowing when to do an overhead? Like everything else? LIKE THROWS? Its all part of the meta of an ongoing match. You are trying to figure out your opponent. Its not skill. Its reading your opponent.

Next you'll say people do overheads on reaction. I swear to Christ.
>>
>>385294462
You are clearly autistic, get help.
>>
File: 1dce58ff95f067de7087724cd3f5ed3b.jpg (390KB, 1280x889px) Image search: [Google]
1dce58ff95f067de7087724cd3f5ed3b.jpg
390KB, 1280x889px
>>385294346
Activision, Bethesda, Game Freak, EA, etc.
>>
>>385294341

>The roster was obviously kept small so they could sell dlc, Capcom even made their own store to sell if.

16-18 characters is not small. That is the standard for the vanilla of pretty much any 1v1 fighting game.

Mashing random shit in SF2 for a couple hours when you're a kid doesn't make you a huge sf fan. Sorry bro.
>>
"People don't have the same complaints" has got to be the dumbest defense of a game I've ever seen in my life. New flash, different people are in fact not the same person and as it just so happens to turn out, these different people (that are not the same person) value different things in fighting games and thus have different complaints. What I think is a sin in a fighting game you might not have a problem with, and something you think is trash I might think is great. The beautiful thing about SFV is that it gets so many fucking things wrong that no matter who you talk to, they have something to complain about, because basically no part of the game is designed well or even in a way that makes one group happy. It's so fucking all over the place and doesn't know what it wants to be that almost no one except the biggest of die hard Capcom cock suckers are happy with it. It's a game designed for the casual audience with content that only appeals to core fans with balance tweaks to make it more suited to casuals that Capcom is pushing tournament players to play with huge esports event and big payouts that casuals don't want to play they just want to watch. Everything is fucking backwards.
>>
>>385294346
Told you already, Capcom has been scamming players since the early 90's, way before Activision.

Capcom started the trend, that's why it's the worst company in historry.
>>
File: 1474768606971.jpg (138KB, 578x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474768606971.jpg
138KB, 578x800px
>>385294536

And you type like a retard.

>>385294552

What did Game Freak do?
>>
>>385294142
Has it ever been confirmed that Street Fighter & Darkstalkers take place in the same universe?

Regardless, I disagree. I don't think Darkstalkers characters should be in Street Fighter. They don't really fit the setting. Like how SNK put Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown in KOF14.
>>
>>385294429
Season 1 Ryu was all about throw setups. Every single Ryu played the same, same combo set up into tick throws and dash-> throw.

>>385294530
Your waifu isn't canon.
>>
>Ingridfag arrives
Love or hate SFV, this is the death of a thread.
>>
>>385294625
Game Freak is home to some of the shittiest programmers in the industry and can't optimize a game to save their lives. I don't even think that Game Freak knows what "frame rate" is. On top of that they're generally incompetent and insult the intelligence of their customers with crappy decision making and game design.
>>
File: 1474767739168.jpg (130KB, 563x810px) Image search: [Google]
1474767739168.jpg
130KB, 563x810px
>>385294615

Right.

>>385294663

I don't give a fuck about Ingrid. I'm just posting her because I got a collection of her for some fucking reason. Also you're talking about Nash there, buddy.

>>385294687

Jesus Christ, at least read my posts.
>>
Not sure why they nerfed the shit out of Ryu. Made a few of my friends who got into SFV drop the game cause they all started with Ryu.
>>
File: Duh nuh.png (654KB, 600x546px) Image search: [Google]
Duh nuh.png
654KB, 600x546px
>>385293504
>I don't get the "shit roster" criticism.
"My favorite did not make it into the game therefore the roster is shit."

>>385294142
>I personally would like Ingrid and one of the least supernatural Darkstalkers (Sasquatch or Aulbath) but we can't have nice things.
That is not a crossover that needs to happen.
>>
>>385294613
You typed a whole lot but nothing you said is objective fact. SFV is still the most active fighting game on the market so clearly it appeals to someone.
>>
>>385294332
Overheads are kuso. The throw mixup is way more interesting than hurr can you block this shit in time.
>>
File: 1474761990009.jpg (69KB, 668x847px) Image search: [Google]
1474761990009.jpg
69KB, 668x847px
>>385294728

I'm kinda convinced that most modern programmers joining the industry are mostly garbage with a few masters rare by the dozen.

I switched to Makoto now. Happy, dismissive morons?
>>
>>385294575
I hear you, I wasn't trying to imply I'm even good at SF, only that I've been a fan of the series for a long time so was disappointed.
>>
>Watching SFV Tourney
>It's all niggas
Granted, it was Atlanta, but why? Not a single white, brown or asian playing this game out of EVO?
>>
>>385294749
>Also you're talking about Nash there, buddy.

Actually I'm talking about most of the cast, especially in season one. Which is the entire probably that I can mention a character using a specific playstyle that revolves around nothing but throws and throw setups and you can say "no you're talking about a different character!" and we're both right.

>>385294827
I just figure that you and people who think like you love to spam throws over and over and think that's good gameplay cause it works for you. Throws suck.
>>
>>385293608
>melee doesn't have footsies

nigga you need to kill yourself my nigga.
>>
>>385294789
Because Ryu is one of the most complained about characters for casual players. Fireballs are cheap so Ryu is immediately on the chopping block, but then everyone plays Ryu because he's so simple and popular, so he's doubled down on the nerf list, but then he has this invincible move that he can mash that you have to block, and if there's anything a casual player hates more than fireballs it's having to block, so three strikes and you're out Ryu because we want casual shitass scrubs who will drop this game in a week to go back to LoL to have fun with the game for that week and fuck everyone else.
>>
>>385294663

I hate this meme so much.

Ryu didn't have a midscreen throw-loop in season 1. He was like -4 or something after throw forward dash. It was a reactable punish.
>>
>>385289606

Bought it on release, felt ripped since it was just the beta but on a disc and $60. Rage quitting with no consequence made online a fucking miserable slog for a while along with other issues. They're definitely slowly 'fixing' it, but the fucking game shouldn't have been 'broken' in the first place. Capcom's schizophrenic decisions really screwed over the game at release.

>>385292240

I agree and that's my biggest issue. I've tried so many times to hop back in, to bring it over on fight nights, but my friends and I get bored with SFV quickly and move on to other fighters.
>>
>>385294889

>Watch American thing
>Surprised to see a lot of blacks

What did you actually expect?
>>
File: 1499635811598.png (827KB, 940x851px) Image search: [Google]
1499635811598.png
827KB, 940x851px
>>385294896

Frankly, SFV's one main gameplay weakness is a lack of wakeup options. Remember how everybody switched to Urien because he had decent wakeup options? How did Capcom not get the hint?

>>385294935

Nigga fuck off that shit ain't footsies kill yourself see I can do it doo
>>
>>385294965
Might as well nerf all the shotos as well. Capcom is fucking retarded when it comes to nerfing and buffing characters.
>>
>>385294896
>spam
How's super bronze?
>>
>>385294978
It wasn't so much that it was successful it's that everybody fuckin did it and spammed it and that was every single Ryu match. Every game Ryu's been in he's had options on what to do, that's what he was designed for.

Yet S1 SFV Ryu was all about 1 combo and throw spamming. Most of the characters were.

>>385295059
>Frankly, SFV's one main gameplay weakness is a lack of wakeup options. Remember how everybody switched to Urien because he had decent wakeup options? How did Capcom not get the hint?

Yep. Throw spamming wouldn't be so bad if you could do something about it.

>>385295080
Actually I'm Ultra-Plat on my way to Diamond, how's gold?
>>
>>385294826
>most active
By what fucking metric? Because it sure as fuck isn't sales, SFV bombed. You mean tournament entries, the self fulfilling prophecy where you have people entering just because it's SFV, just because it has Ken in it, just because it's made by Capcom? Fuck outta here, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the community if you think that means shit, every pro player says SFV is trash and they only play it because Capcom is throwing around the most money. Go watch any BornFree interview, Bonchan says the person balancing the game is retarded, Infiltration has no idea what Capcom is thinking, Phenom, Brian_F, F Champ, the fucking list goes on and on. People aren't playing it because it's a good game, they're playing it because they have to play it, because to them there is no other choice, either because the community for other games is too small or the online isn't good enough or there's not enough money in other games. SFV is a blight on the community.
>>
>>385289606

Is there anything more pathetic than capcbros? Quite honestly cant think of a more braindead fanbase.
>>
>>385295059
>urien has good wakeup options
What planet do you live on?
>>
>>385295191
>By what fucking metric?
Literally active players. It has the most players playing on any given day, more than Tekken, more than GG or BB, more than any other fighter right now. I'm not gonna read the rest of your self-aggrandizing rant because you're clearly handicapped.
>>
>>385295191
dont forget mike ross and maximilian. literally the normie entry points to capshit fuckupfighters.
>>
>>385295191

We get it. You watched that fucking video and you're echoing back an opinion that's not your own.

>>385295249

Sorry, had. Ex Headbutt was ridiculous shit.
>>
File: NbqRXHV.jpg (56KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
NbqRXHV.jpg
56KB, 1366x768px
I played a bit of SFV today after months of not touching it and man... What drives people like Daigo and Tokido to play this trash? The fact that we gonna be stuck for like 2 or 3 more years with this stale game really make me want to cry. And then there's MVCi.................
>>
>>385295154

Everybody didn't do it. It was a scrub tactic that only worked on scrubs. Which you can say about countless things that aren't actually hard reactions. I mean fuck, I even made a shitty webm at the time because I couldn't believe how ridiculous the complaints were.
>>
>>385295305
sfv hasn't beaten tekken in active player count for at least 2 months now. tekken is always ahead on twitch apart from evo and even then tekken 7 managed to pull close to 170k viewers when sfv got 210k. thats amazing if you think about it.
>>
>>385295249
Last I checked EX Headbutt was both invincible and unpunishable. It might have changed, though.
>>
>>385295350
>Ex Headbutt was ridiculous shit.
Bait and block. Free combos. They almost always do it if they have meter.
>>
It's not fun.
>>
>>385295413
>>385295350

ex headbutt is garbage.
>>
File: 1497828037109.png (367KB, 620x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497828037109.png
367KB, 620x900px
>>385295363

Don't know bout Tokido but joke's on you, Daigo likes the game...........................................................................

MVC:I is irredeemable trash, though

>>385295440

Oh I know, and its a little late for that now. I doubt I'll ever see it on wakeup now.
>>
>>385295208

I'm surprised there are actual Capcom fanboys in this day and fucking age. Really something to see after the company's numerous fuck-ups and blatant grabs for fan's wallets.
>>
>>385295404
Steam count says otherwise. If Tekken has more players, it's very few, and they're likely Xbone stragglers. Stay angry at nothing while people enjoy playing SFV.
>>
>>385295520
uhm no sweetie x

http://steamcharts.com/app/389730

http://steamcharts.com/app/310950
>>
>>385295413

What? EX headbutt has always been CC punishable like every other DP. It's also one of only two DPs that you can meaty jab and still have time to block against it.
>>
>>385295305
You fucking what, mate?
>>
Daigo playing Abigail
https://www.twitchtv/daigothebeastv
>>
I hate it because if V didn't exist everyone would still be playing IV.
>>
>>385289934
>The capcom shilling is outrageous.

I thought it was a joke when anons started linking me to eventhubs a while back to sling shit at other fighter's graphics, some article showing off 4k SFV shots IIRC. The more I see these threads and reactions the more I see it as genuine.

It's fucking bizarre to see but I bet most of these anons would make 09ers look ancient.
>>
>>385295509

They are far below the list of shitty companies. They're pulling a lot of dumb decisions, possibly out of the fact they lost a lot of talent and are not making money as fast enough as they used to with only a reliance on Street Fighter and Monster Hunter. Frankly blame yourself and the lowest common denominator for not encouraging the company when they were at their best. They still made some retarded decisions, though (LP2 with GFWL to this day is a shame).

I don't know why people pick on Capcom when there are so many companies far worse than them. Activision and Betheseda come ujp. Capcom has Japanese grudges, sure, but they don't go around doing the shit those companies in particular have pulled off and gotten away with. Has Capcom deserved the ire they gotten recently? Yeah. Does it deserve to effectively lose its entire developed consumer fanbase? Are you retarded? You seem to have forgotten the excellent Dragon's Dogma PC port they released. They're promoting Japanese ports to PC right after Sega.
>>
Honestly it's not a bad game, I just wish it had more variation in terms of combos and links
>>
>>385295520
>ywn be this much a braindead capdrone

feelsgoodman
>>
>>385295350
>being informed on the general consensus is just parroting opinions
Literally the current state of /v/. If you have no arguments and can't defend yourself, just say the opinion being presented isn't the actual opinion of the person presenting it. It's the new "I was only pretending to be retarded".
>>
>>385295057
>america is black
Hispanic population doubles black population and together with asians they all make less than 40% of the american population.
A whiteless event in america is extraordinary.
>>
File: CRAZY BUFFALO.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
CRAZY BUFFALO.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>ctrl + f "lobby"

where is it, boys
>>
File: 20170725213056_1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170725213056_1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
I like Street Fighter 5 but I wish Capcom would fix some of the problems with it. What problems? I don't fucking know. Just fucking fix all of the shit other people are complaining about so that their complaining doesn't sour my taste of the game.

I really like Street Fighter 5, I've been playing it since launch and I find it rewarding and fun to play, but other people don't seem to for some reason. Probably because there aren't enough mandatory one frame links.

The only problem I have with the game is the amount of DLC, which wouldn't be a problem if there was an option to turn off seeing Stages and Characters you don't own. It would also be nice if you could gain a decent amount of fight money by playing online like in Rainbow Six Siege. I don't like the "games as a service" model, but if they're gonna do it, I'd prefer they do it right.
>>
>>385295724
Except you're not informed. Bonchan rolled back several of his statements and so did Brian_F. Bonchan recently conceded he was wrong about Karin's placement and the balance of the game when he collaborated to make the new tier list this past week.
>>
File: 1498003484465.jpg (387KB, 960x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1498003484465.jpg
387KB, 960x1140px
>>385295724

Oh shut up, I know its not your opinion that you developed and reached on your own. I've heard it way too many times. The game's not perfect but the bullshit coming out of your mouth, especially with bringing up the hypocritical I REACHED TOP EIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME Fchamp, means you really have no room for thought to debate on the state of this game. Get the fuck outta here, you literal echo chamber. I'm so tired of people like you who might as well be braindead.
>>
>>385295710
Activision and Bethesda hasn't tried to install rootkits on my PC yet
>>
>>385295780
I main 'Rog and this is what I imagine after beating anybody that plays a girl.
>>
>>385295710
>Frankly blame yourself and the lowest common denominator for not encouraging the company when they were at their best.

When was that exactly? Asking out of genuine curiosity.
>>
File: 1497833892453.jpg (50KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1497833892453.jpg
50KB, 500x652px
>>385295854

Right. Now we're focusing on an isolated moment rather than back in the 90s, eh? You're full of shit, mate. Shit's inexcusable on their part but clearly somebody over there knew it was a stockholder decision since they had a build ready to go up as soon as that bullshit hit the fan. Least they're willing to fucking patch their games, unlike Betheseda.

Its still inexcusable and should have never been done. So don't try to use my fucking words against me. Just reeling you back to the shit you threw across the board that Capcom's been scamming since the 90s.
>>
>>385295710
i get your point but seriously SFV needs to fail for the sake of the fighting game genre the fgc can honestly eat a dick for supporting this game.
>>
>>385289606
>online matchmaking is absolutely piss terrible
>6 frames of lag
>easy, high damage combos discourage experimentation and discourage execution-heavy play
>imput lag and shitty anti-airs make for a game heavy on guessing rather than reacting.
>>
>>385295834
>Oh shut up, I know its not your opinion that you developed and reached on your own.
And your proof of this is? That I was relaying information said by top players of the game because it was relevant to the discussion at hand? I didn't even talk about specifics in regards to the balance or design of the game, yet you're assuming I'm just parroting opinions from other people without forming my own when literally the point of my post was that people are not happy with the game. That's some genuinely intellectually dishonest shit right there because you know there's no defense for the point I was making. The best you can say is that my opinion is somehow not my opinion and just dismiss it because you're wrong.
>>
>>385295778
White poeple play fps
Asians play lol
Blacks play fighting games
Not sure what hispanics play
>>
File: 1497759772210.jpg (68KB, 625x793px) Image search: [Google]
1497759772210.jpg
68KB, 625x793px
>>385295979

Oh here we fucking go. Ain't playing this game with you. I can list any period and you're going to be a dismissive little shit about it. Just look up a Wikipedia history of the past couple quarters. Capcom released A LOT of good games to terrible sales. Only Street Fighter and Monster Hunter made it back up. They coulda probably had Devil May Cry on that wagon but I doubt if they released a new game this generation it would make bank.

>>385295989

No, it really fucking doesn't. You can just go support another fighting game for God's sake. I hate Melee but I don't wish death upon an active community. I don't know why you even care about the competitive scene of a game you hate when it exists for other games.
>>
>>385296042

>Shitty AAs

Lmao, what game are you playing? half the complaints are shit like AA jabs being way too good. If you honestly think AAs are shit in this game you need to go back and play SFIV.
>>
>>385295980
I am not the guy you were responding to. I am responding to your point about companies like Activision and Bethesda being far worse. You know what shitty companies do? Install rootkits on your PC that is what they do. So far Activision and Bethesda hasn't done that. Sure their games are shitty and unpatched but they haven't forced updates onto my PC that compromise my actual PC. Fuck off and kill yourself moron.
>>
File: 1487645703192.png (2MB, 922x1341px) Image search: [Google]
1487645703192.png
2MB, 922x1341px
show me your profile naps
>>
>>385295980
I'm not that guy, but I agree with you. I think a lot of peoples problems with Street Fighter 5 are, "Capcom did something bad in the past and this makes the game bad." Common complaints that fall under this category are:
>It installed a Root Kit!
It did, but they promptly got rid of it. It sucks, but it's whatever.
>There's no arcade mode/there wasn't one at launch!
I guess this is a fair point, but it's been over a year.
>There wasn't content at launch/There were only 16 characters at launch!
It's not launch anymore, faggots. There are a lot more than 16 characters and they're bringing out more and more.
>There is 8 frames!
There isn't 8 frames anymore. It's 6.5 which is SLIGHTLY better.

And there are many MANY more complaints.
>>
File: 1497739444322.jpg (527KB, 1280x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1497739444322.jpg
527KB, 1280x1631px
>>385296062

Bawk bawk, little parrot.
>>
>>385296176
Do you have any Ibuki pro tips? I am stuck in Silver with Ibuki. Send help.
>>
>>385289606
I prefer playing Tekken but I appreciate SFV for Mika's butte and boobs. She's really fun to play too.
>>
>>385296229
Okay cool so you're retarded, glad we can move on with this knowledge.
>>
My main issue is the lack of polish in terms of presentation. They STILL haven't fixed Laura's hair clipping through her body. Why hasn't anyone called them out for that?
>>
File: 1392653730566.jpg (99KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1392653730566.jpg
99KB, 653x490px
>>385296176
I'm a Silver Bison with a ranked winrate barely over 60% last I checked, if even. Will I ever make it?
>>
File: 1497905245473.jpg (46KB, 506x765px) Image search: [Google]
1497905245473.jpg
46KB, 506x765px
>>385296282

PSA: Do not engage with braindead echo chamber who can't think for themselves.
>>
>>385296224
>It did, but they promptly got rid of it. It sucks, but it's whatever.
Hahaha Capcom just installed a rootkit with kernel level access and permission that other malware could use to compromise my entire system. Hahaha. SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. Whatever.
>>
File: 10_seconds.png (215KB, 1637x1067px) Image search: [Google]
10_seconds.png
215KB, 1637x1067px
I don't think Tekken and Street Fighter 5 are comparable. Street Fighter is about controlling space on a 2D play field and Tekken is about... ???? I guess spamming launcher moves until it lands and you do a sweet juggle combo? Haven't figured that one out, but I don't think they're similar.
>>
>>385295834
>>385295980
>>385296092
>>385296229

pathetic
>>
>>385296350
Nigga, I don't know much about 'puters but they only installed that shit for like one day, right? It literally took like a day or two for them to be like, "Man, we fucked up," and get rid of it. If you go and install the game right now, it won't install this root kit. Doesn't this mean the issue is fucking fixed and we can move the fuck on from it?
>>
>>385296350
ITS TOTALLY FINE. YOU ARE JUST A HATER
>>
SFV is a game for kids, and Tekken for adults. That's all there is to it
>>
>abigail
>vega
>fang
>alex
I hate that all the characters I like are dumpster tier
>>
File: shadaloo thing.jpg (259KB, 1543x874px) Image search: [Google]
shadaloo thing.jpg
259KB, 1543x874px
>>385296176
>>
File: 1497903544154.jpg (59KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1497903544154.jpg
59KB, 400x680px
>>385296408

Bawk bawk, little parrot.

>>385296369

There was something about how SFV is about controlling the space where Tekken is all about controlling recovery or something like that.

>>385296431

People seem to have quickly forgotten that BETHESEDA'S PREY had the potential to cause your computer to BSOD and then forget what hard drive its connected to.
>>
>>385296369
Can't control space on a 3D play field in SF.
>>
>>385296431
No. It means Capcom is a shitty company that thinks putting rootkits on their customers PC is a good idea. It is never okay to put a rootkit on a PC. Ever. Especially without implicit permission from the user. They only rolled it back because of the backlash and because they got caught. The fact that they rolled it out in the first place shows you how fucking shitty a company like Capcom is.
>>
>>385296224

>There's no arcade mode/there wasn't one at launch!
>I guess this is a fair point, but it's been over a year.

No, this is not a fair point at all. It's the dumbest complaint of them all. If you want the shitty slide-shows every arcade mode ever gives you play the prelude stories. Or better yet play the actual proper story mode. If you want to fight a giant wave on enemies that get harder as you go play survival.

There's no real argument here. It's so stupid.
>>
File: tumblr_oqikg2P3Yn1usrgjso1_540.gif (3MB, 540x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqikg2P3Yn1usrgjso1_540.gif
3MB, 540x590px
>>385296525
>>385296176

What is this? What site is this?
>>
>>385296545
>>385296558
You're both wrong, Tekken is about practicing EWGF's until your hands start bleeding and your neurons are rewired.
>>
>>385296545
BSOD is a just a fucking crash. There is a difference between a game having crashes and a game installing something that actively compromises your computer security. Fuck off moron.
>>
File: clebibi-09-023.jpg (154KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
clebibi-09-023.jpg
154KB, 1200x1845px
>>385289606
You want honest answer? ok.
I mained Nash and then capcom chopped his legs.
I went to Juri because i loved her in sfiv and she is actually broken in a bad way.
I realised that capcom will never fix her so i stopped playing. Other characters don't interest me.
>>
>>385296646

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/

It's linked with CFN, Capcom made it. This patch they just added all the functionality of vleague as well as frame data and some other stuff. Got a lot of cool stats.
>>
>>385296640
Reasons I like Arcade mode:
I like mashing start after a loss and being taken back to the character select. Reminds me of playing Third Strike Online Edition Locally with friends.

That's it. Except with SFV's load times, that would take fucking forever.
>>
Its a decent game

Too bad online is plagued by ps4 niggers on wifi
>>
>>385296229
>10/10 body
>that face
Why is all KI fanart so shit? The new game's grills are actually cute unlike Capcom and NRS's mangirls.
>>
File: 1497901476698.jpg (410KB, 1094x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1497901476698.jpg
410KB, 1094x1465px
>WAH WAH SFV SUCKS
>Okay play KI
>NO ITS SHIT
>Okay play GG
>NO ITS ANIME
>BlazBlue?
>LOOK ABOVE
>Tekken 7
>ITS NOT TEKKEN 3
>Mortal Kombat?
>GROSS CASUAL FEST
>Smash?
>PARTY GAME
>Street Fighter 4?
>DEAD GAME STALE META
>What do you want then?
>TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SFV
>>
>>385296251
well, without seeing you play its hard to really help. I can tell you a few general things. don't rely on the dash through(mk cmd dash). i know some players who really spam that shit and get their ass handed to them by me every time in the mirror because they never learned how to properly open someone up. If i ever use it it's just one time in a long set because then you can surprise the other player with it coming out of no where.

try to play a solid footsie game rather than relying on vtrigger comebacks to save you everytime. Ibuki has really solid buttons for all situations. get your anti air game on point with b mp and cr hp depending on the enemy character.

try to identify if your opponent is mashing grab everytime you get close and abuse your overhead on their wakeup if you think they gonna tech. this works especially well if they are within the range where a grab would kill them.

dont be too afraid to use v reversal just to have the trigger available. sometimes getting someone off your ass can be more valuable if you tend to crack under pressure
>>
>>385296669
>BSOD is just a crash

You fucking moron. You fucking idiot. Also way to ignore where I said it made your PC forget what hard drive it was connected to.
>>
>>385296496
FANG is good and Abigail may actually be top 10.
>>
File: 1499899377002.jpg (19KB, 292x339px) Image search: [Google]
1499899377002.jpg
19KB, 292x339px
>>385296871
>and Abigail may actually be top 10.
>>
>>385296604
>Capcom does something retarded
>People think they and their games should be blacklisted for the rest of all time despite the decision being rolled back mere hours later
I like Capcom's games more than I care about what you think so there you go.
>>
>>385296863
Like I said, Arkane studio didn't deliberately put the BSOD into their game.
Capcom deliberately put the rootkit into their build.

Think for a fucking second you bloody moron.
>>
>>385296806
>well, without seeing you play its hard to really help.
>try to play a solid footsie game rather than relying on vtrigger comebacks to save you everytime.
This is literally what I fucking do. I try to play Footsies then go, "LOL I HAVE V-TRIGGER" and try to wreck them for half their life.
>don't rely on the dash through(mk cmd dash).
I also do this all the time hahaha

You said you wouldn't know how to help without seeing me play, but these were both solid pieces of advice. Thank you. Do you know any videos that teach you how to freak people out with ambiguous crossup/crossunder shit? Also, I find it so hard to get in range to land standing medium punch and hit confirming is hard ;_;
>>
>>385289606
>Each person seems to have a different personal problem with the game

It's almost as if there's a lot of shit wrong with the game, which annoys people to different degrees.
>>
>>385296917
And I don't give a fuck what you like. I am just calling you a fucking imbecile for saying shit like
>I don't know why people pick on Capcom when there are so many companies far worse than them. Activision and Betheseda come up.
Because as far as I know Activision and Bethesda hasn't actively come up with updates made to compromise you as a user.
>>
>>385296701
Laura went from utter shit to top 5.
Everything is possible come season 3.
>>
File: 1496434490920.jpg (222KB, 1000x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1496434490920.jpg
222KB, 1000x1048px
>>385296928

Hey, asshole, did you ignore where I said they had a build ready, like they knew, and that it was probably a decision from the soulless higher ups? You gonna ignore that? I'm done with you. The rootkit was shit but didn't last long enough that Capcom knew it was shit but couldn't contain the obvious shit reception it was gonna get.

Also releasing games that BSOD is Bethseda's fault. I'm just trying to pull your head outta your ass here.
>>
>>385296251
>>385296806

You forgot to teach him the most important part of playing Ibuki.

Learn how to do the EX kunai 50/50 cross-under and just whiff punish with cMP into EX kunai.

There you go, you're about to go up 3 or so ranks at least.
>>
>>385296913
You literally haven't looked at any gameplay or his movelist, have you? This is not Hugo.
>>
>>385297028
No, i know it's not happening because they actually nerfed Juri from AE to USF.
As if she weren't mid-tier at best.
Capcom hates Juri because she's korean or something.
>>
File: 42220.jpg (259KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
42220.jpg
259KB, 853x480px
>>385289606
>>But nobody knows why

I know why. The censor patrol not wanting SF women to be sexy, so they can fuck off with that "politically correct" shit. Not gonna support any game that does that shit.
>>
JURI IS FLAT
FLAAAAAAAAT
>>
>>385297062
been watching this debate. just want you to know you are losing the argument, badly. x
>>
>>385295979
>>385296092
>I can list any period and you're going to be a dismissive little shit about it.

I asked out of curiosity. SF was always more of a 'side series' to me with Capcom. I always liked their wackier fighters (RS, Power Stone) loved seeing things like Devil May Cry and Onimusha on PS2 and despite what happened to Clover I enjoyed their games on PS2/GC. I even bought Dragon's Dogma and later bought Dark Arisen when it came out despite not really liking Capcom then. If that's not supporting them when they were 'at their best' I don't know what is then.

In this day and age I won't support them since they seem like a shell of their former self and I don't agree with a lot of their decisions. I don't single Capcom out either since I don't throw money at other companies I dislike either. I just don't see how someone can be a true fan of the company right now. I'm not wishing their demise since I once liked the company, but they've got a lot of work to do to earn my trust again.
>>
>>385297062
>did you ignore where I said they had a build ready
JUST A PRANK BRO
SOCIAL EXPERIMENT TO COMPROMISE YOUR PC
JUST A PRANK
SEE SEE THERES THE CAMERA

You are beyond saving if you think a game being glitchy and buggy is the same as a company actively sabotaging users computers.

Who gives a shit they fixed it? They fixed it cause they got caught. Would they have fixed it if they weren't caught? I don't give a fuck.

What I care about is Capcom putting in the rootkit in the first place. This isn't an accident or by chance or a oversight by a programmer like a BSOD or a crash is. Someone at Capcom actually thought it was a good idea to put a fucking rootkit into an update and pushed it out.

How fucking dense can you be to defend such behavior? How fucking stupid can you be that you think Capcom won't dare repeat it again so long as they don't get caught?

Your head is stuck so far up Capcom's ass that you have become their mouthpiece. Fuck off and die. I mean it.
>>
File: 1458118713459.png (214KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458118713459.png
214KB, 1000x1000px
>>385289606
Why on earth should I play SF5 when
>i can play injustice 2 for single player fightan, quality production and good visuals
>play kof for quality gameplay
>under night for 2d sprite visuals
>>
>>385296963
yeah i have some links.

one tip i can give you like that. if you put yourself in the corner with a backwards throw, you can then dash up and throw again for a meaty throw. once you are at a range where people know that buki can do this you can play around with doing the overhead after the dash because people will be expecting the throw. i love the mindgames in fighting games lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntBxx4ze2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-rp1vpg7s&index=26&list=WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYueLdqHnZk&index=27&list=WL
>>
>>385291576
Not many people know since not many people play the game, but that's actually somewhat similar to how throws work in Super Gem Fighter. Throws have pretty good range, but almost all attacks are throw invincible on startup and while active, with a lot that keep it on recovery as well. But that's a very unique game that accounts for that in multiple other ways and mechanics.
>>
File: 1492957334866.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1492957334866.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>385297326

>play kof for quality gameplay
>>
>>385297290
Back to you to, asshole.
>>
>>385297569
Yes, bad players and ignoramus are generally confused when it comes to the patrician pick of fighting games.

Or what currently active fighting game would you say has better gameplay? SF5?
>>
>>385297641
You paid per post or paid per word? Put more effort into your capcom shilling faggot.
>>
>>385297716

Anything not made in the west.
>>
>>385297827
Predictable answer from ignoramus.
>>
File: 1500753478142.jpg (204KB, 1200x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1500753478142.jpg
204KB, 1200x1047px
>>385295794
>>
File: 1501142746803screensave.png (949KB, 1193x696px) Image search: [Google]
1501142746803screensave.png
949KB, 1193x696px
>>385296176
Uhh
>>
File: Geef.png (2MB, 1217x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Geef.png
2MB, 1217x1389px
>>385296176
>>
File: 1493990129475.jpg (161KB, 2363x2085px) Image search: [Google]
1493990129475.jpg
161KB, 2363x2085px
>>385289606
>It's just cool and trendy to hate the game to make it seem like you know about fighting games

This. I hear people parrot the same bullshit about games even on /v/ and IRL. I don't even listen to other peoples opinions because I usually hear the same thing about that particular game before and it's unimaginative at all.

I hear this about fighting games, "It's imbalanced." and I respond with, "But why?" I never get a clear answer back from my friends. It's fucking stupid.

I know most of you fuckers are gullible. You'll see a slightly bad designed game (Andromeda obviously doesn't count) and I just see that fucking retard spout it around like it's the truth.

Even funnier when I noticed my friends browse /v/ themselves, I heard someone say something similar on /v/ and I roll my fucking eyes. Even famous youtubers complaining about a specific game, my friends will say their same shit.

It's sad, no one likes to personally opinionate their own take on a game or hell--even anything.. Like movies or music.

It ultimately boils down to sad mob mentality. Everyone has a fucking straw stuck so far up their ass the only way to feel intelligent is to agree to the majority. We're all fucking retarded.

Oh, I think this heavily applies to the Star Wars Prequels unfairly getting hate. Also, anyone who says it's shit you guys fell for the mob mentality. Again, OP is right.. Hating on something to sound like a true "authentic nerd" is to just join the trendy hate bandwagon. I think the Prequels fucking rock and you're all a bunch of fucking drones.
>>
>>385298607
>>385298537
i wish we could see win % per character, because i play Juri as a secondary and i just lose so much more with her. would be interesting to see the differences compared to ones main character
>>
>>385298874
The prequels were shit man.
Let see
>Shitty camera morphing tech
>Shitty acting from wooden actors
Those 2 points along make the prequels shit to me. That is not even going into the plot and other bullshit. You are a contrarian for liking the prequels.
>>
>>385297136
no need because I've had no trouble dancing around them all night as Birdie. BIRDIE
>>
>>385299160
You're absolutely wrong. Again, I've heard this before and not true at all. The acting was great and the film tech was superb, even holding onto itself today.

Prequels failed because that fat neckbeard in 1999 was upset because it didn't take them back to their childhood and was too different, wah! ;_; It was for a newer generation of children and it didn't cater to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Y7Vmdm0tQ
>>
File: 1466914356477.png (555KB, 744x666px) Image search: [Google]
1466914356477.png
555KB, 744x666px
>>385299160
>The prequels were shit man.

HERE WE GO
>>
>>385299420
>The acting was great
Anakin you are killing me

>the film tech was superb
Yes that is why we see directors splicing together different takes onto the same face right? Fuck off moron.
>>
>>385299505
Prequels are objectively bad movies. I don't know how people can argue against that. They are bad as in badly acted and badly shot.
>>
>>385299613
>Prequels are objectively bad movies.

And I've heard this very same line over and over and over again.
>>
>>385289606
>>But nobody knows why
Fuck off, retard. Denial of criticism isn't an argument. People have commented the problems on the gamepla, the ugliness of the art and the forced marketing tactics since day one. You refuse to read it's not our problem.
>>
>>385299716
And I have told you why you moron.
>>
>>385300208
>I'm right because I said so!

This is what happens when you feed someone a prepackaged opinion and regurgitate this information claiming he somehow discovered his opinion on his own, and expecting to get a response with a, "Oh, yeah I definitely agree!"

Drone.
>>
>>385300452
It being badly shot and and having bad acting isn't a prepackaged opinion because it is popular you fucking moron.

Scene splicing of the same cut is a horrible technique and was used in a matter so fucking disgusting, it makes me sick when I see it. That is also why no one fucking uses it.

Holy shit you are in so much denial right now someone can literally hit you across the face with actually badly shot scenes and you can say it is prepackaged opinion and regurgitated info.

Anon. People aren't the sheep. You are the sheep. Except you think it is edgy being contrarian.
>>
>>385300670
>It being badly shot and and having bad acting

But that's so subjective. I can pull out the most best art in the world and say, "It's shit." and say I'm right.

Look, it has it's mistakes, it's not perfect but it's far from awful how you Star Wars nerds proclaim it to be.
>>
>when you ask why people hate this game, no two people will give you the same answer
it has that many problems
>>
>>385300823
>But that's so subjective
It is subjective in the same manner, that you eating shit can be delicious cause the taste is subjective. For most people having face morphing in the middle of scenes is what people would consider fucking bad.
>>
if SFV has one thing going for it it's that it has a meta so deep it's groundbreaking, it involves going on the internet and forcing shitty taste on other people more than actually playing it
>>
>>385297136
>I looked at the character sheet and he's good
don't make me laugh, everything he does is so slow you have to be retarded to get hit by literally anything this guy throws out, you can see it all coming a mile away. on top of all that his anti-airs are terrible except for jab. Abigail unironically takes skill, every button press has to be exact or your fucked because everything you do is punishable as all shit
>>
>>385289606
>Honestly, when you ask why people hate this game, no two people will give you the same answer.

So your bating posts premise is that you are unable to comprehend how all people are different and unique in the sense that they are nothing like you hence it annoys you so since you are entirely self centered?

cause nigga guess what thats hella gay and your super hella gay for not even being able to comprehend something so simple
>>
>>385302415
Just like Dhalsim.
>YFW the retard strenght big guy 4 u ends up being the second best deffensive character
>>
>>385296092
dmc4 pc sold like shit back in the day despite being the best version
people really fucked up there
>>
>>385289606
>>But nobody knows why
8 frames of input delay
Extremly dumbed down gameplay
Footsies and neutral literally dont exist
The game is almost entirely 50/50 CC/throw loop setups
Online is absolutely terrible
Awful cast
Cast is horribly homogenized
Shitty comeback mechanics
Game was literally designed to lower the gap between skilled and unskilled opponents LITERALLY capcoms own words
Rootkit
>>
>>385290476
BASED
>>
File: footsies.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
footsies.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385303505
>>
>>385297062
i'm with you, bethesda eats dick
i don't even know why why we're talking about nuprey when they axed the real prey 2

hating capcom is a literal bandwagon, these coons should crawl back to eddit
>>
>>385297153
sfv's lewd is only topped by doa and mods nearly close the gap
>>
File: 1496634281811.gif (1000KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1496634281811.gif
1000KB, 245x245px
>>385303595
>>
>>385289606
>Play Abigail
>Expect MOMMA'S POTATOES 2.0
>Get car-obsessed bara bully with dreads
Capcom has been reading my diary.
>>
File: 26_balrogscreen07.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
26_balrogscreen07.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>385291230
>be balrog
charge that TAP nigga
>>
>>385290138
3S was so bad it literally killed Street Fighter for a decade. Nobody in his right mind would defend it let alone fellate it.
>>
>>385295794
With all the overpriced costumes they should've just released the characters for free. There is way too much premium content to make feel okay. Grinding FM for stages, UI bullshit, and story costumes would be fine, but grinding or paying for characters on top of paying for a shitton of dumbass costumes is too much.

t. someone who will actually buy a costume or two if I really like a game.
>>
Used to be those peope that would White Knight SFV whenever people talked shit about it but after getting Tekken 7 and branching out from Street Fighter as a franchise it really opened my eyes to how lackluster of a fighter SFV is.Tekken has faults too but at least I'm using my brain when I play it, I'm convinced everyone who white knights this game does so because Street Fighter is the only fighting game franchise they're decent at and they're all too scared to learn something else and are willing to put up with all of Capcom's bullshit along the way, case in point Abigail.
>>
>>385289606
>indicative that there no big underlying sins
or you know, maybe there's just so many different little things that people can't even pinpoint where to begin with the mess

you're so deluded
>>
>>385293695
>both are unlockable by playing the game
what's the problem?
>>
>>385295191
More people play SF V every day than any other fighting game.
>>
>>385305445
Addendum: there's tons of choice in the genre right now. Everybody said that SF V's playerbase would like Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 more, that players would migrate and Street Fighter V would die.

That did not happen.
>>
File: IMG_1562.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>385305380
>Unlocking Battle outfits for free
>>
File: 1468689687177.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468689687177.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
When people say that everyone in SFV plays the same that they acualy mean to say is.
I can no longer win by abusing that one hard to punish move online because the net play is no longer delay based so if you learn how to punish it in training mode it will always be just as easy online.
In SFIV delay wearied constantly so you could not just memorize how to punish blanka balls or lp shoryukens because those ware only punishable by frame perfect punishes..
While in SFV you dont have delay only rollback so punishing timing is always the same so people now acualy have to learn how to use moves and not just spam them randomly.
People also hate the fact you can no longer mash special moves on block to punish the opponent for missing a single frame of a 3 frame link.
>>
File: a0615978cc8a2bad69fe67894c6edc02.jpg (617KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
a0615978cc8a2bad69fe67894c6edc02.jpg
617KB, 1200x1600px
>>385304706
I was not under the impression that costumes are mandatory and you have to buy them.

I plays SFIV for all of its 7 years and never bought a single costume.
I plan to do the same for SFV (i did buys some FM costumes).

Your argument is dumb.

Name a single non indie company that lets you get all characters for free in a frighting game even from just grinding.
>>
File: 1496396263184.png (62KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
1496396263184.png
62KB, 400x334px
>>385305564
Funny thing is Tekken 7 is losings its player base every 1 week.

Average player counts ware 8000 at first then 6000 then 4000.
Right now its 3000 and yesterday it got as low as 2000.

On the other hand SFV never drops below 1000 and can go up to 1600.
And its bean like this for 2 years.
And it has cross play.

Keep in mind that this is only Steam Stats.
Becose i cant see stats on PS4.

I doubt Tekken 7 will die any time soon but its not replacing SFV.
Its an amazing game i admit but its not a 2d fighter it doesn't feel the same to play as SFV.
Its like saying CS can Replace Quake. Or that COD can Replace TF2.
>>
>>385306691
>Name a single non indie company that lets you get all characters for free in a frighting game even from just grinding.

TTT2
>>
>>385290476
you can't just respond to okizeme with finger guns
>>
>>385306951
Typical a retard who cant spell would think shit like tekken 7 was a good game
>>
SFV tried to appeal to two different sides and ended up failing on all fronts. It's the perfect mixture of extremely questionable game/design chioces and shoddy business practices which not only backfired on them, but looks like lightning may strike twice with MvC:I. At this point the only way to save the game at this point is Capcom getting smacked with the humility stick a couple dozen times and actually bother to refine and fix whatever issues have been around for the past year and a half.
>>
File: Horse Hockey..gif (640KB, 245x163px) Image search: [Google]
Horse Hockey..gif
640KB, 245x163px
>>385295780
>Balrog removing his gloves for any reason
>>
>>385289934
>Shit is dry as fuck

Is that you low tier god?
>>
>>385295059
>not even wearing panties
Slut
>>
File: WOAH!.png (717KB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
WOAH!.png
717KB, 1280x827px
>>385290138
>B-B-BUT 3RD STRIKE
Like clockwork
>>
My main problems with the game is the online is still garbage and the roster doesn't appeal to me in that none of my mains have come back
>>
File: DAW2Ek_W0AADx9x.jpg (113KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
DAW2Ek_W0AADx9x.jpg
113KB, 720x960px
the main thing that kills it for me is how fucking long it takes to get into an online match, in SFIV once a battle popped up youd be fighting your opponent in a few seconds, it would just show 2D art of your characters and about a 3 second long tune and you're in the match, in SFV you have to sit there, wait for the globe to pop up, wait for the stupid pre battle music to play that takes too long while your 3D models stare at each other, then you get to play, it may seem nitpicky but part of the appeal of playing SFIV online for me was how quick and snappy it was to go from battle to battle, dont waste my time loading 3D models in a fucking prefight screen, just throw us into a game, jeezus
>>
Its no surprise that 4chan bronzies hate a tough game.
>>
>>385289606
I know pretty well why I hate that game though.
>>
>>385295794
>What problems? I don't fucking know.
See thats the problem.
At this point its one huge meme and redditors will cry no matter what.
>>
>>385307819
Shit would be mad fast if every pc user would install the mod. wouldn't help when laying against ps4 guys but it would be a good start if at least everyone on pc would load quicker
>>
>>385305124
Tekken has literally all the issues people have with SFV, only that they are actually true with Tekken.
>>
>>385303595
nice try kappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue6R_9HRDIA
>>
File: qFPtlkO.jpg (128KB, 1189x868px) Image search: [Google]
qFPtlkO.jpg
128KB, 1189x868px
>>385296176
That new site is really cool.

I wish other fighting game developers cared enough about us to give us things like this.
>>
>>385295059
Nigger all melee has is footsies
It's literally 99% of what you do in that game.
You flick the stick to eatch side a 100 times to make it seem like you are actually doing something and then you throw ou- i mean "whiff" moves until one of you gets hit.

It's the main fucking reason why it's so fucking boring to look at.
>>
>>385295780
That webm name, typical blacks in jav "monsters"
>>
>>385295350
>>385295413
You both dont know what you're talking about.
Ex Headbutt is baitable with a jab and it was ALWAYS punishable.
It was always one of the worst ex reversals in the game.

And this are the retards who think they can actually talk about game design.
I hate it when /v/ talks about fighting games.
>>
File: 43a20072.jpg (12KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
43a20072.jpg
12KB, 215x200px
>>385289606
I just want arcade mode...
>>
>>385308589
what for
>>
>>385308394
I think what he's talking about is random ex headbutts in the neutral. But only scrubs did that, because you'd get punished anyway. And pissing away meter on a character that gets his big damage with it is a bad idea
>>
>>385308679
if you wanna mash random shit out then ex shoulder is much better anyways. leads into aegis faggotry too.
>>
>>385291901
3s's neutral game was all about making your opponeny whiff and punishing with a normal into supers at high level. You fucking idiot

God you can really tell who's the sfv capkuck shills in this thread. Then again most faggots on /v/ have never known anything about fighting games
>>
>nobody knows why
nice trolling
>no one gives you the same answer
no fucking really? its almost as if people have problems with different things and have..DIFFERENT TASTES?
>>
>>385308913
This guy gets it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIOjltA80w
>>
Turd Strike is a garbage game but its the only SF game where you can actually physically react to cr.mks for whiffpunishes.

In all other games its a guess because the cr.mks in other games are much faster.
>>
I'm finding a hard time playing against Ed online. His crossover hitbox is ridiculous. It seems like it should even hit me yet it's cross over. And his shitty EX-uppercut seems to blow through all my attacks. Any tips?
>>
>>385309419
you can set the dummy to cross UP (not over) you and get used to it, you can work on your anti airs too.

his ex uppercut is indeed shitty. on wakeup you can place a meaty jab and then block. if he presses a button he will get it, if he uses ex upper he will get fucked because it gets blocked.
its the slowest reversal in the game.

if your opponents randomly ex upper midmatch then thats how it is. Just know that its really inefficient and that they will get fucked if they miss it.
Learn to bait them out.
>>
File: 1500531865259_1.png (526KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
1500531865259_1.png
526KB, 800x594px
https://streamable.com/32s2f

"SFV has footsies, 3S doesn't"

What the fuck happened to /v/. We used to crash on companies who produce uninspired half-baked garbage like Street Fighter 5 is.
>>
>>385307018
All of those ware just clones and variants.
>>
File: 1466543584225.png (12KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466543584225.png
12KB, 640x640px
>>385309705
SF3 is the definition of half baked garbage, and thats the third fucking release of the same game.
>>
>>385309705
See
>>385308029
Nice try parroting reddit again though.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (383KB, 767x842px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
383KB, 767x842px
>>385296176
That's pretty neat. Capcom should advertise this site more openly because I had no idea it existed.

Suddenly it makes sense they banned V-League's account.
>>
>>385289606
Mods, ffs, can't you range ban this fuck that creates the same SFV thread every day? He's clearly gettin paid for this.
>>
>>385309796
>click
>most pf these "whiff punishes" are just punk anticipating and pressing a button that has no hurtbox on the ground therefore beating any low the opponent does

Nope.
>>
File: IMG_1834.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1834.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>385309916
>Proof: My Ass
>>
>>385289606
>But nobody knows why

Are you retarded?
It's been explained to death and goes into full detail. What are you going on about?
>>
File: IMG_0605.jpg (278KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0605.jpg
278KB, 1280x1280px
>>385309953
>I literally dont understand what whiffpunishing is
>>
>>385309705
Why is it so satisfying to meet a perfect girl and degrade her into a fat slob sex toy? Why do both men and women find this attractive?

Also that video is cherry picked from the royal vineyard. SFIII and SFIV both have sweep footsies, while the SFV clip is clearly showing off much harder spacing/footsies.
>>
>>385289606
Bait thread, but I see stuff like this all over the place. Funnily enough >>385303505 is never adressed.
The complaints are always the same, but either they are dismissed(punk or kbrad can whiff punish, so there's enough whiffpunishing! that it was a part of your own gameplan and isn't there anymore for you doesn't matter!) or ignored and then people shrug and say "why do people hate it?"

When you engage the capcom defense force, often times you will hear "SFV is my first fighting game", and then they tell you how vega ruined ST and 3s is horrible, because of chun.
>>
>>385309796
I guess we'll just ignore the fact most pros agree whiff punishing is harder in this game than any other SF

I guess we'll just ignore most pros only play this game because it's the only game with money thrown at it. They hate this game and wish they could go back to 4 where the skill ceiling was higher.

Punk was garbage at 4 then this boring ass, easy game comes out and all of a sudden he's almost an evo champ. Thank god Tokio sonned that kid.
>>
>>385310149
Honestly I don't even remember him in sf4. Did he make out of pools at least?
>>
>>385310149
>Punk was garbage at 4
It's almost like he started pretty late and he was still very young. I'm pretty sure you beat Daigo in your first year of SFIV.
>>
>>385309953
Wanna know how I know you have no idea what whiff punishing is?
>>
>>385310149
which pros say that whiffpunishing is harder?
whiffpunishing was ALWAYS a read.
>>
>>385310149
Yeah I guess we will ignore that people openly detested SFIV when it came out and played it anyway because it was "reviving" the scene.

We'll also ignore the fact people were super gung-ho about SSFIV and had to re-learn everything when Ultra came out.

What point are you even making, people hate the new games, the disparity ranges from veteran to newcomer, you don't get points for appealing to veterans who hate something conveniently.
>>
>>385292240
"it's boring" is just an opinion, you can have it, but it's no objective reason to hate a game
op is asking WHY people hate it, and "it's boring" can literally mean anything
>>
>nobody knows why

im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the game plays like shit
>>
>>385289606
I'll give you one of the reasons why right here :

https://streamable.com/32s2f
>>
>>385310304
Yup. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact SFV KS baby's first street fighter and defensive options in the game are null and void.

Everyone's a brainless rush down character due to no defensive options in a game where throw xN into a shimmy is a real mixup.

Sfv is such a shit game

>>385310413
Whiff punishing is not a fucking read. it's a reaction.

Holy shit I'm done discussing fighting games with /v/ retards
>>
File: Balrog_crstrng3[1].png (2KB, 123x81px) Image search: [Google]
Balrog_crstrng3[1].png
2KB, 123x81px
>>385310149
>play st
>can't whiff punish shit
>>
File: 3y7HwJV.png (21KB, 757x233px) Image search: [Google]
3y7HwJV.png
21KB, 757x233px
In ST the game everybody calls the most footsie heavy "reactionary" whiffpunishing game Ryus Cr.mk is 19 frames overall.
That means that you have to punish it with a 3f move at the absolute latest at frame 16.
Arcade Machine input lag is 5frames so at best you could only react 5 frames later so you'd have to punish the move at frame 11.

Human reaction time is ~200-250ms which is 12-15 frames.
That is in a nonvolatile setting where many other things can happen.
12 frames is slower than 11 frames.

This proves that reactive whiffpunishes to cr.mks were not possible in past games either. It was always an educated guess.

Basically stop posting you retarded reddit kappa parrots.
>>
>>385310529
Its not a reaction. You werent reaction to moves that fast.
Stop posting.
>>
>>385310529
And yet you suck at such an easy, braindead game. Must hurt.
>>
>>385310519
>that first fight in SFV between akuma and guile

hilarious
>>
>>385310606
>you can't react to 5-6 frames of startup, 2 frames of active, and another however many number frames of recovery

Ahahahahahahahahahaha you cannot make this shit up. Keep playing your baby fighting game
>>
>>385310571
Assuming you even can. Some moves don't even have a hurtbox like >>385310534
Or chuns low forward. 4 frame startup, 5 active frames and absolutely no hurtbox on recovery. Try beating that on reaction. Same story with her stand strong
>>
>>385310529
>whiff punish
>reaction
Hahaha!!! The fuck is this?
>>
>>385310571
>>385310519

:^)
>>
>>385310771
not reactions. not even an argument, just a cherrypicked video by reddit.
>>
>>385310735
post millia blocker right now. I wanna see those sub 100ms reactions.
>>
>>385309953
Hey anon, you should stop participating in /v/ threads, they won't understand the difference.
>>
>>385310930
>cherrypicked

Have you played SFV before?
>>
>>385310930
>ITS REDDIT

not an argument
>>
>>385310982
Yep.
And if you're too stupid to understand framedata I will link you to a video with just as much epic whiffpunishing.
>>385308029
>>
>>385311005
My argument was made in the original post.
Refute it or dont bother.
>>
>>385311056
If the game is so good why did it perform so poorly?
>>
The gameplay is boring as fuck and forces people to play almost every character the same way (I have not seen a single character get played differently), v-skills and v-trigger are only there to put special moves that shouldn't even be locked to v-trigger (Karin) or are there for comebacks (Guile, Balrog, Urien, etc) and the online sucks ass, those are the only reasons I need.

And they fucked up Karin and Vega's movelist, almost forgot that
>>
My biggest problem right now is frame data and matchup knowledge. In a regular fighting games, when a person commits to a big move and is blocked, they can be punished afterwards. But in SFV, only certain moves can be punished. Like if I'm blocking Urien's axe kick, how the fuck is his crouching mid going to combo into that? It logically makes no sense. Moves just chain together in no logical order. It forces the player to overcommit to blocking because he doesn't know when the attack chain is over or not. And the player has such a disadvantage on a knockdown that it's possible to mis-jab once and already know you're going to lose because too many characters have no wake up defense except to block.
>>
>>385310982
>>385310771
>>385310982
I have the USFIV Bible's glossary open right now. Quote:

>Players who are effective at whiff punishing aren't just purely reacting like robots. They're using a combination of effective spacing, matchup knowledge, and educated guesses about what their opponent will do to sharpen their attention.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Now why don't you take your shitposts and return to r/kappa or whatever sewer you crawled out of?
>>
>>385311090
Deflection, not an argument
>>
>>385311316
It's because its shit.
>>
File: 7c6.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>385311141
It links together like all other fucking moves using game logic?

Jesus Christ /v/.
>>
>>385311341
upvoted
>>
>>385311404
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDIT

No matter how much you shill (for free) on 4chan, your game will always be a failure compared to IV.
>>
>>385311464
upvoted
>>
>The current state of SFV fangays

sad life
>>
>>385311464
Nobody's going back to IV and you know it. As soon as it wasn't the latest game in the series it was doomed
>>
File: 1493668604047.png (539KB, 630x435px) Image search: [Google]
1493668604047.png
539KB, 630x435px
>make a factual post including reaction times and framedata disproving misinfo idiots are spreading in threads
>retarded reddit shitposters shit their pants in anger because it blows their minds
lmao
reminds me of the idiots who say that lag doesnt matter in tekken because all moves are slower.
>>
>SFV isn't a bad game!
>Sells less than IV

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>385311527
At least we're playing the game. You fags don't play anything, other than "Shitpost for Attention: Fighting Game Edition".
>>
>>385311141
You just described every fighting game out there. Are you transitioning over from Smash, by any chance? If you are that's great, but just keep in mind frame data and blockstrings are a big part of just about every real fighting game. You learn to incorporate it into your gameplan.
>>
>>385289606
You can start these threads with
>Shill Fighter V
at this point
>>
>>385311616
>Buying and playing a shit game

whoa bro

so jelly
>>
File: arino.png (173KB, 358x338px) Image search: [Google]
arino.png
173KB, 358x338px
Remember when you could watch a match and be able to tell who was playing just off of their play style? Now everybody and every character plays the exact same.

I miss those days, bros...
>>
>>385311556
>decide one drunken night to revisit IV and try to finish up the combo trials currently sitting at 90%
>game is ugly as fuck
>FADC feels like it brings games to standstills
>shortcuts everywhere
>great characters despite some feeling similar
Beyond the roster I honestly don't know how we put up with it.
>>
>>385311747
lmao you couldnt.
someone needs to do some epic blind tests to prove you retards wrong once for all.
>>
File: 1429751318472.png (116KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1429751318472.png
116KB, 228x260px
>>385311573
>my face when they try to meme their way out by repeating "not an argument"
It's like an admission of defeat at this point.
>>
>>385311806
I'm sorry you're too retarded to notice subtle differences in the way pros played characters
>>
File: 1bgiNC4.png (331KB, 1453x796px) Image search: [Google]
1bgiNC4.png
331KB, 1453x796px
Also feel free to share this image to blow the fuck out of kappa spergs in future threads.
>>
>>385311747
>Remember when you could watch a match and be able to tell who was playing just off of their play style?
This literally never happened. I bet you couldn't tell the difference between Infiltration's and Tokido's Akuma.

You people are fucking delusional.
>>
>>385311909
more like you're too retarded to notice the subtle differences now.
>>
>>385311747
shhhh, don't talk like that or the SFV shills will come after you!!
>>
File: 1498309570634.jpg (5KB, 213x243px) Image search: [Google]
1498309570634.jpg
5KB, 213x243px
>>385289606
people will stop shitting on V as much when a much worse game (MVCI) comes out in a few months.
>>
>My game ISNT shit
>has to make essays and diagrams about why it isn't shit

hmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>385311914
no thanks, i'd rather play the games people are shitposting about instead of shitposting or linking some self-mastubatory post on a board with nobodies.
>>
>>385312005
If your game is so great, why aren't you playing it right now?
>>
>>385312102
>no u
>>
>>385312159
I'm having SFV open right now. What about you?
>>
File: aTuUjq8.png (95KB, 315x147px) Image search: [Google]
aTuUjq8.png
95KB, 315x147px
>>385312083
to become a complete well rounded human you need to aim for both.
>>
Throw Fighter 5 is shallow and boring to watch and play.

It wasn't that bad at first but Capcom made sure to remove anything fun by season 2's start.

Capcom just can't come to terms with the idea that making games costs money. They hire tourney players with no dev experience to be designers and fucking outsource assets, of course it's gonna turn out shitty.

For that matter MvCI is just embarassing. They must've taken the budget for that game and thrown it behind the awful looking monhun game nobody asked for

At this rate RE8 will be a unity game
>>
>>385311914
Why are you using an old, pretty damn fast game like ST? Use a modern sf his cr mk is always over 20 frames. I forget what the frames are exactly I'm phone posting on low data
>>
>>385311914
>can clearly see it's a cr.mk animation by frame 2
>you have 12 frames to react if you account for 5 frames of input lag
>>
Bad game, awful to watch

Sacrificed entertainment for the sake of simplistic combos and a more "e-sports" approach. The only reason why EVO top 8 was very good was because there were fan favorites and other underdogs who made it with bad/rarely seen characters that people want to see succeed, such as itazan, tokido, and that rashid guy

And grand finals was great because of the players and their stories, not because of what was happening on screen

Capcom should be glad they didn't have another 2 mikas/2 chuns/2 necallis situation, because last year's top 8 (plus capcom cup) were pretty bad

I don't enjoy this game, and I don't enjoy watching it unless something special happens, which is not even up to the game itself
>>
File: Untitled.png (63KB, 270x125px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
63KB, 270x125px
>>385312241
>tfw SFV doesn't interest me no more and I haven't played it in awhile

Spent most of my time playing GG and Tekken and i'm having more fun.
>>
>>385312380
What a load of uninformed bullshit.

Tokido parrying Karin's V-Reversal was hype. His taunt, too.
>>
>>385312296
This. Ryu's cr mk is 23 frames in 5.
>>
File: Co0ujlEWEAQR8dR.jpg large.jpg (461KB, 1590x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Co0ujlEWEAQR8dR.jpg large.jpg
461KB, 1590x1200px
Show Ibuki some love!
>>
>>385312296
I'm using SF2 because thats considered the most whiffpunish heavy SF game.

USF4 Ryus cr.mk is 22f overall, but cr.mks (the main whiffpunish tools) in that game are also at least two frames slower (5f as opposed to SF2s 3frame).
It ends up being the same more or less, and thats most likely intentional.

The ONLY game where its different is SF3 actually, so our turd strike friends are actually right about whiffpunishes being possible in that game.
The cr.mks in that game are like 28frames overall so reacting to those is actually not hard.
Thing is most people tend to talk about SF2 or SF4 in comparison to SFV, when its all the same for all of those games.
SF3 is the outlier and the one game you should play if you want TRUE whiffpunishes.

>>385312610
Ryus cr.mk is slower but the game is also laggier. They were most definitely aware of their input lag when they made the game, as many moves got adjusted for that. As an example overheads are moves that are supposed to be interruptable or blockable on reaction. Overheads across the board are slower in SFV than in SF4 and SF2 to compensate for the lag most likely.

>>385312310
lmao
>>
>enjoy SFV
>people shit on it online
>urge to play it gets even stronger
>>
>>385312495
You mean cammy's; and that happens all the time. Also, if you're celebrating a taunt, then I shouldn't even be talking with you

The only technical thing (that went under most people's radars) was tokido masterfully nailing cr.hpxxred fireball into srk from max range and max delay, something that requires multiple 1 framers and perfect positioning (SFV has tech... shocking)
>>
>>385312380
You're a clueless retard. The Tokido F.Chimp match was fucking insane.
>>
>>385312762
>You mean cammy's
Pretty sure I'm not. You didn't even watch the match, retard. And you don't even know why I'm celebrating that taunt.

But you're right: Don't talk to me.
>>
>>385311914
I'd like to see same frame data analysis for hitconfirms.
>>
>>385312762
I love how retards dickride the one moment that made it to eventhubs because actually observing and dissecting what happened in the other matches was too much.
>>
>>385294513
>average of less than 2 posts per IP
Are you retarded?
>>
>>385312920
Nothing out of the ordinary happened outside of that. The same boring stuff that was only interesting because everyone wanted to see tokido succeed
>>
>>385312890
Thats sadly harder to do because I dont have hitstun/canceltime data for all those games.
>>
>>385313007
lmao right
>>
>>385313007
More like you're too dumb to appreciate what happened.

Keep jerking off to games you have never played lol
>>
>>385292984
Shit player detected
>>
>>385313053
>>385313079
Nice counterarguments
>>
>>385313159
To your non-arguments?
>>
>>385313159
>I can only appreciate gameplay when it gets an article on eventhubs or reddit
That was your argument.
>>
>>385294341
You can get practically the full cast for free with fm with little grinding. Stay a shitter casual scum
>>
>>385313292
What's fm?
>>
>>385313201
>>385313212
I told you one example and you try to discredit it by saying "it was on eventhubs; doesn't count". That's a retarded excuse

I'm waiting for your proof to show top 8 had another technical display that hadn't been seen before and you're saying that I didn't argue anything. Your nitpicking is bad as well as your abilities to shill for the game
>>
>>385313373
It's lit, senpai.
>>
>>385312495
>stun taunt is fun
Come back when you can get away with 4+ taunts in a single game and thuggery of not shaking hands like kuroda.
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (26KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
26KB, 300x240px
>>385313403
>technical display
>>
>>385313403
>another technical display that hadn't been seen before
Thats some epin goalpost moving.
As expected from kappa.
>>
>>385313421
Taunts in SF3 arent even real taunts. They are selfbuffs.

A taunt is only a taunt when it brings no real benefits.
>>
>>385313474
>>385313489

No moving goalposts; I said it right here >>385312762

Keep trying to discredit my points while providing none, you're looking real sharp over there
>>
>>385313565
>ITT: Two autists spacing out
VROOM VROOM
>>
>>385313671
If you're referring to those two retarded shills, then yes

Don't even remind be about abigail... somebody needs to shoot whoever gave the green light on that retard on sight
>>
>>385313565
You claimed a thing, you didnt ask for shit.
You also think that execution wankery is the only quality that matters, that makes you a retard.

Last response you're getting from me.
>>
>>385313751
I claimed something, people discredited it, I asked for more tecnical things that I was apparently "too dumb to notice"; no response but the usual autistic "you saw it on reddit, doesn't count". Your second sentence makes no sense whatsoever, you're not providing shit and only trying to discredit the poster and not the argument

And now you're trying to run away. You're as boring as the game itself
>>
File: 2 men laugh.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2 men laugh.gif
3MB, 320x240px
So this is the state of /v/ on fighting games, spend so much time moustache twirling in threads instead of just playing fighting games. No wonder they'll never get good at it. Fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>385313902

Every single thread on SFV has that "one" shitposter.
>>
>>385314474
Remember that whatever /v/ does these days, it's for that fleeting sense of superiority.

Stuck in Bronze hell? Nevermind, SFV is bad so all these other players who are beating you don't matter. Now watch me fellate other games in the process for their technicality. Who cares I barely played them and will most likely get a severe ass beating if I ever decided to boot them up? What matters is that I could feel superior for a few seconds without having to prove anything.
>>
im ultra diamond and i can say with confidence this game is utter garbage.
>>
>>385314954
What rank should people get in order to have a opinion on the game?
>>
>>385315307
Still better than USFIV lol
>>
>>385315392
How so?
>>
Just for you, /v/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIAy7kAeWE
>>
>>385315343
anything below diamond is kinda useless shitter territory.
>>
File: 1461991627514.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1461991627514.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>385289606
That's because the game DOES have problems, but all the the constructive criticism is lost in a see of bandwagon retards, like those from /r/kappa, that don't know why they hate the game either, but want those upvotes.
>>
I just don't really like SF games overall, i never really found a character i actually liked to play so i ended up playing shit like BB, GG, Melty or UNIEL instead.

SF5 was the same, i just tried all the characters, all felt like shit or uninteresting and i moved on. I can't even say the game is shit, might or might not be, i'm just not having fun with the characters so i see no point.
>>
im so glad this game failed
>>
File: fun and nice guy.png (760KB, 1126x478px) Image search: [Google]
fun and nice guy.png
760KB, 1126x478px
Why are most /v/irgins so bad at fighting games?
>>
>>385315658
You know what, anon?
That's fine. That's perfectly fine. Some people prefer the faster and crazier fighters. And don't let anyone tell you they have no neutral just because it's not two shotos sweeping at each other. Anime has its neutral too
>>
>>385315421 #
USFIV is plagued with a series of metagame problems that most players, new and old alike, agree are bad. There is not a single game in the series that makes players commit to sub-optimal choices in a match for the sake of the "meta." You often find people doing dumb shit like standing short as Ryu or wake up barrel roll as Blanka because it just "works" in a given scenario. There's no way that is okay. You can't expect people to change how they've understood fighting games for generations on a dime just because of version specific changes to a combo or block damage being buffed/nerfed on ultra. It's literally the same game, and people are committing to the ideal that it's okay because it's "patching out the bad stuff" while altering the core meta of the experience.

In SFV, Ryu, Ken, and R.Mika all play the same with minor differences all across the board. The way Ryu plays in USFIV compared to how he plays in SFIV is COMPLETELY different. That isn't excusable.
>>
File: sfv-dhalsim-art.jpg (1MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
sfv-dhalsim-art.jpg
1MB, 3000x1688px
*teleports behind u*
>>
>>385317009
I always laugh at people claiming anime fighters don't have neutral or footsies. It's a good way to tell who the shitters are.
>>
File: Abigail-Battle-Costume.jpg (80KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Abigail-Battle-Costume.jpg
80KB, 750x400px
>>385306010
That's not the battle outfit...
The battle outfit is pic related
>>
File: The cycle is complete.jpg (565KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
The cycle is complete.jpg
565KB, 2100x1052px
>>385291829
>>
>>385317624
t.animeshitter
>>
>>385318178
my point exactly, thank you
>>
>>385318105
I bought two copies of SFIV and had more trouble transitioning between the two than I did with sequels to Marvel or DOA.

Take that with a grain of salt if you want.
>>
>>385318357
No thats not your point.
Your point was pretending that anime games have neutral.
>>
>>385313080
t. doesnt play the game

i'll bodie your bitch ass with a nerfed character
>>
File: 1446914263202.png (343KB, 1352x896px) Image search: [Google]
1446914263202.png
343KB, 1352x896px
>>385292984
>chun li is so bad that she made it into evo top8
>laura nowhere close to the top
truly an unplayable character in a really imbalanced game.
>>
SFV has always felt like an uninteresting and confused game going through an identity crisis to me. As somebody who is a casual interested in improving the game definitely appealed to me at first but the mutilated movesets for some of the returning characters in conjunction with lack of singleplayer gameplay options, small initial roster, and the way the gameplay felt to me which was slow and monotonous made me eager to jump ship fighting game-wise. Now that the roster has expanded, I can say there's character diversity but the gameplay just doesn't feel exciting enough for me personally. While I enjoy the basics oriented gameplay and I recognize that there's definitely skill gaps between players for a reason, I never feel like there's a unique way to approach a situation as a character. Everything feels basic and that can be good but I don't feel like there's a route for growth that I could take that would be any different from somebody else's pathway. I'll always be doing the same thing as somebody else and mimicking them whereas in KOF or Tekken I've gone through a lot of experimentation and felt compelled to learn those games for all they have to offer. I was a Capcbro for years but the river has run dry for me.
>>
>>385292984

And why, if I can be permitted to ask, is Laura for scrubs?
>>
File: 1450273787000.jpg (341KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450273787000.jpg
341KB, 1024x768px
>>385319195
>KoF where every match is poke into max mode
>Tekken where every character literally plays the exact same way and there's just one playstyle and approach
>>
>>385303595
Stop acting like people played sfiv footsies in high level 3s
>>
File: ShitFuckingVile.jpg (164KB, 1238x834px) Image search: [Google]
ShitFuckingVile.jpg
164KB, 1238x834px
SFV is shit on a fundamental level. No amount of balance patches or DLC will fix that.

More variety might make it more tolerable but Capcom has clearly shown it doesn't wanna do that. More characters doesn't equal more variety when everyone's gameplan is 90% the same. More moves and more CAs would fix that but again, it'd still be shit, shiny glittering shit.

But more moves = more things to learn and apparently we don't want that, we're all dumb scrubs according to Capcom. We need easy CCs into 70% dmg with 3-4 buttons presses.
>>
>>385319695
characters gameplans arent the same though.
>>
>>385319348
See that's how I know you don't play those games. The nuance required to make a team, manage meter and then force open an opportunity to go into maxmode and tear open your opponent can be radically different for each character because maxmode expands your toolkit. You have choices and options in KOF that simply don't exist in SFV. That's not a bad thing necessarily but I wanted to learn a fighter with a larger roster and a variety of playstlyes and approaches with multiple defensive and offensive options that let me feel more in control of a situation. Saying every character plays the same in Tekken is a bold faced lie and I'm glad you ousted yourself that way.
>>
>>385319870
what choices lmao mad mode is literally just ex moves that everybody unloads for top damage.
>>
>>385319213
grapplers should not have speed like hers or a her v skill which can still hurt me even if i jump to avoid it
>>
>>385292508
Nigger they've come out and said that the characters in the current build of the demo are the most generic of the bunch.
>>
>>385320385

She's a rushdown grappler hybrid. If her overhead is getting you, then you jumped too late or she caught you on the fall of the arc with her most punishing move.
>>
>>385316350
>gold

literally the new rookie m8
>>
>>385319985
>Not even knowing the possibilities

Fucker if you just maxmode then blow your load what good did you do? It's more than just EX moves hell, a good way to fuck someone up is to drop it then set them up for a situation where they're on the defensive and tossing them around and screwing with them as they evade. You don't know because you don't and won't play but I'm just saying from experience I like that more than I like a stale-feeling game that's stripped down to where I get punished for doing something different.
>>
>>385295491
have you seen daigo using abigail ?
i hope he change to him as a main.
>>
>>385319213
Laura is kind of good actually. The most entry level characters are Alex, Akuma, Cammy and Nash. Laura takes a bit of study to learn and master.
>>
>>385320915

I know Laura is good. She's been my main since launch. Yes, I'm happy she's good in Season 2 and I hope all her haters burn in hell.
>>
>>385320753
Max mode is LITERALLY ex moves you retarded sperg you're making no sense at all.
>>
>>385319695
t. Silver player
>>
>>385321157
plat actually
>>
>>385293602
Played Vampire Savior on FightCade earlier this week and loved this stage because of that shiba lol
>>
>>385321087
You dense turd I'm talking about mindgames and screwing with an opponent
>>
>>385321632
which you can do with ex moves too?
>>
I thought the lack of defensive options and uninspired roster was a universal complaint for most?
>>
>>385321809
Lack of defensive options is a meme complaint. It'd just make the characters they complain about even better
You think laura's bad now, wait until you see her slipping out of all your offense
>>
It's a great game. No one hates it. Only Smash fags who can't handle the fact that Street Fighter is a fighting game while Smash is a party game.
>>
>>385321809
>universal
careful, its mostly SF4 players who got used to getting out of pressure for free.
you didnt have many defensive mechanics in older games either.
>>
>>385321960
I don't mind Laura, but equally being able to get out of her shit would be nice or anyone's shit. Game just heavily awards offense and not good defensive plays i.e Instablocking in GG, just guarding in Garou, or defensive moves in VF5. Even IV had focus.
>>
>>385322207
Well, you had red parry in 3rd strike too.
>>
>>385322632
You had red parry, super jump, tech roll, and in a lot of cases taunt. SFIII didn't pull any punches.
>>
File: gm8nhmlbfp0z.jpg (58KB, 537x522px) Image search: [Google]
gm8nhmlbfp0z.jpg
58KB, 537x522px
>Still no cute egyptian barefoot girl
>Juri still bottom tier
>>
>>385322364
Right I might have not been clear enough. I said that it'd make the characters they complain about EVEN BETTER
When you add universal mechanics for defense it benefits those without more than those with. So laura goes from no reversal to having real options in pressure and on wakeup, when she's based around going all in on offense and being total shit on defense.
If you added focus backdash in 5 it still wouldn't help because it does't help vs laura's multi hit projectiles or side switches. But laura gets real options to escape the more basic forms of pressure. So more honest footsie characters get fucked because they don't get rewarded for it. They just chip away at that 1000 health like idiots while laura explodes and kills them.
Urien would be even worse. No 3 frame and the worst reversal in the game? lol fuck that, I don't even need to sacrifice reflector to escape
>>
File: 1498736906942.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498736906942.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>385307985
>This post

Thanks for the laugh, your tremendous stupidity has made my day.
>>
>>385321960
>universal defense options are lackluster to the point of irrelevancy
>v reversal is a very shitty version of DAA that hardly even resets to neutral for half of the characters, on top of being vulnerable to throws on educated guess
>backdash is extremely guted in usefulness, especially in corner situations
>capcom still frightened to put any kind of active defense similar to just guard from gg or shield from mb because of how polarizing 3rd strike was
SFV is one of the worst cases of vortex 50/50 in recent times anon, exactly because you have almost zero tools to deal with wakeup game. It dilutes the game a lot as a lot of it becomes guessing, and not even educated guessing at that. Case in point all the stupid 5 corner throws in the row shit that is hailed as the ultimate mindgame, when in reality it is just guessing of how retardedly unga other player is.
>>
>>385323413
>>backdash is extremely guted in usefulness, especially in corner situations
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>385323152
Your garbage game doesnt even have FT10 settings.
>>
>>385323484
Isn't backlash safe on active frames?
>>
>>385323645
in SOME games but thats far from the norm.
in most games backdashes are useless in the corner exactly because you are in the corner.
the corner is the ultimate get fucked zone.
>>
>>385323750
Funnily enough corner backdash isn't even useless in V. You can evade normal/command throw mixups and punish, while neutral jump would be punished v a normal throw
>>
I remember reading site long discussions about how shit invincible backdashes in SF4 were back then on /v/.
>>
>>385323645
Unless something changed recently, backdash has almost zero invuls and you will be caught by most normals if you try to backdash in the corner. So it is only really a decent option against throws
>>
>>385323943
Shit as in how option selects cleanly beat them right?
>>
>>385322874
Soon.
>>
>>385322890
Well, you see here is the issue with that. They are universal defensive mechanic, but they aren't a golden ticket out of pressure and they do have their draw backs as well. Red parry can get you counter hit if done at the wrong time, blitz can leaves you in counter hit, attempting to Instablock and missing the timing locks you out of doing it for what I believe is five frames and if you try to use a defensive move before they can counter hit you with a tracking move, etc. And these are just a few ways to punish those attempts. And even then with universal options like parry, you still have had characters like Chun that were honest and footsie based who were in top tier. I just want the ability to compensate for my bad character.
>>
>>385324169
>turd strike chun
>honest
fuck off right now
>>
>>385324083
Yeah but having an option select conversation on /v/ is like begging for five-hundred replies of "hit gud."
>>
>>385323943
>>385324083
Thing is, SFV doesn't have either. And if any option selects are discovered they are promptly patched out.
>>
>>385323524
Remeber when lobbies could only have 2 players at a time om launch?

Remember when you had to play a total of 90 rounds per character against AI that even the pro players had difficulty playing against to get simple pallet swaps?

Remember rage quitters getting absolutly no punishment whatsoever?

Remember profile functionalites not working for over a year?

cause that all sounds pretty garbage to me

and issues like cfn connectivity still being garbage even after the mega update (for comparision sake I can play matches against American's with little to no lag in Europe in Tekken)

ranked points system being absolutly retarded with it determining the points you gain and lose

amd connection bars still not showing up in battle lounges still make SFV a trash game
>>
>>385324169
Those drawbacks don't change the fact that they hurt honest characters more than fraudulent characters. If they added parry you're still guessing between left/right/hit/throw vs laura. My point is the more offense based characters benefit more from defensive mechanics, and will turn them from "pretty damn good" to top tier.
All V needs is better pokes and anti airs, more pushback on fireballs (don't say recovery, V ryu has 1 frame more startup and recovery vs USF4 ryu). I'd probably give fireballs more chip, so they're more threatening and force people to avoid them instead of just fucking around and blocking for free
And yeah, chun wasn't fucking honest. Neither were characters like old sagat. Every playstyle has their skeletons in their closet
>>
>>385324631
No the game has OS, it just doesnt have retarded OS like that one.
Big difference.
>>
>>385324664
That would all be excusable if Tekken wasnt a three year old game at this point.
>>
>>385324698
fireball characters already shit on all the big body grapplers.
better fireballs would ruin them.
>>
>>385325072
That's kind of why I don't hate anti fireball tools. Everyone throws a shitfit but some characters genuinely need help because of shit walkspeed or fat hitboxes
At minimum I'd have fireballs do loads of chip or loads of grey life. There needs to be less reason to just block and more reason to neutral jump them
>>
>>385325248
I think the slower fireballs have to go.
Some characters have a shit time neutral jumping them because they are so slow.

It also allows the fireball characters to just walk behind them and start offense for free.
Cant stand that.
>>
>>385325248
Fireballs give loads of Super and almost all Fireball characters have great Ex moves.
>>
>>385324698
Considering what came before her like top tier Sean who absolutely deserved what he got in 3rd Strike. Yeah, I feel like she was. Although I don't believe honest characters exist in any game. However, parries problematic in terms of a defensive mechanic because they had a huge buffer window and they trivalized long reaching slow normals and mix ups for lower tier characters. I don't think of that as a good example of an universal mechanic. And it doesn't make one specific character better. I understand your argument, but it would still be a universal buff for all characters.
Thread posts: 496
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.