[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Legend of Dragoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: The Legend of Dragoon.jpg (102KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Dragoon.jpg
102KB, 600x616px
Did /v/ ever enjoyed this game? I feel I'm the only person who ever played this gem and enjoyed it over any Final Fantasy game at the time. Any hope of this game ever being remade? (I know there isn't)
>>
File: Dart - Legend of Dragoon.jpg (249KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dart - Legend of Dragoon.jpg
249KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: The Legend of DragoonShana.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of DragoonShana.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>
Fucking awesome game. I loved Brave Fencer Musashi as well. You're not alone.
>>
File: Lavitz - The Legend of Dragoon.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lavitz - The Legend of Dragoon.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
>>385289461
I had lost all hope. I only have a childhood friend that also played this game, but I've never heard of anyone else playing this game.
>>
I loved this game. One of the first JRPGS I got decently far into.

And possibly a remake or sequel. I remember there was a wiremesh render of Dart for Playstation All-Stars floating around,
>>
>>385288884
I don't remember it too well anymore, but I recall I liked it a lot more than I did Final Fantasy 8.
>>
One of my davorite games of all time.
Truly a hidden masterpiece
>>
>>385288884
Mediocre, not terrible but there are better jrpgs on the system.
>>
File: Dart_pose2.jpg (686KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dart_pose2.jpg
686KB, 1600x1000px
>>385288884
Awesome game senpai, too bad Sony cancelled a sequel for some reason, if Sony is smart they should bring it back, JRPG's are scarce and SquireEnix has fallen as kings of the genre.
But I remember when the game came out for PSN a little while ago it was in the top 5 for a while, it's not only you man there is a loyal following for this game, also from my understanding the game sold decent (2M).
>>385290324
Yup, pic related, they cancelled it as well for some reason.
>>
>>385291674
I mean, I can tell you why they cancelled it.

Because no one knows who the fuck Dart is except for the 7 people in this thread. Kratos is popular as fuck, Donte was new and controversial at the time, Jak was classic, who the hell is Dart?
>>
>>385288884
Played it back when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I started replaying it on PS3 sometime last year, but I put it down in favor of other things and just haven't gone back to it yet. I had completely forgotten about the QTE combat system, so I was initially disappointed when I started replaying it, but after a little while I was enjoying the combat again.
>>
>>385291809
Yeah the majority of the people might not know who he is but there is a good cult following believe it or not, it's a shame that the game got over shadowed by the PS2 hype, I believe it would have done better, also if people didn't label the game as a FF7 killer.
>>
It's pretty overrated by the people that have played it.

I enjoyed it enough, and the battle system is interesting.
But the translation was awful, the pacing was pretty bad (it really shouldn't be a four-disc game), the voice acting sucked and the FMV audio wasn't balanced at all so I feel like I missed half the story.

Could really use a remake to be honest.
>>
>>385288884
oh yeah it's was a good game just hard as RPGS go at least for me, I wanted to kill the Plat dragon ghost and stopped there since he just fucks your shit up unless you grind forever.
>>
File: Meru.jpg (79KB, 638x876px) Image search: [Google]
Meru.jpg
79KB, 638x876px
>>385292347
True, grinding was a nightmare. If all of the sudden you decide to start using a character you haven't used forever then you're fucked. It kinda forced you to have a dedicated party early on.
>>
>>385291809
So just because they couldn't make it a meme?
>>
>>385288884
This is the game I used to see in Walmart back in the day on the TV screen in the gaming section and would go, "What's that? It looks awesome. I'd love to try it" but I never got to play it. Ever.
>>
>>385292712
Being popular is a meme?
>>
>>385292234
>But the translation was awful
Good point.
> the pacing was pretty bad
Literally what?
>it really shouldn't be a four-disc game
Nigger that was the norm back in the day, the game was big, there is no way you can fit the whole game in 2 discs.
>the voice acting sucked
Oh god don't even remind me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHYNKNG8FM
BUT some of the FMV was cool looking and imo they still look cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJ24N2MjSE
>>
>>385293017
Also forgot to mention that the OST is goat, GOAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLMQuYbh4q8
>>
>>385292976
i mean it didn't become popular because it didn't have anything that became memes. The whole story was generally interesting, instead of having one interesting plot feature that people meme'd (sephoroth killing the pink dress lady)
>>
>>385293017
>the game was big
I'm saying it didn't have to be that big.

It's been some years since I played it so my memory's foggy on specifics, but I know that there are a handful of areas or parts of the story that simply drag on unnecessarily.
>>
>>385293134
>mfw Dart theme plays for the first time

Im a motherfucking DRAGOON
>>
it had some hard bosses to
>>
>>385288884
Currently replaying it now OP, never finished it as a kid, something didn't remember the dialogue being so bad but Im still having a blast
>>
>>385294338
I'd love to replay it along with other childhood gems if I can find a cheap PS3, assuming it's still on the PSN.
>>
>>385294758
It is, if you happen to find a cheap PS TV or a psp you can play it on there as well, Im currently playing it on the PSTV
>>
>>385294903
good to know
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.