[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wario games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 887.png (111KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
887.png
111KB, 750x650px
Will Wario ever get another game?
Be it a Land, World, or Ware game.
>>
We'll never get a Wario Land title ever again, no one can make one without it not being Wario-esque.
>>
>>385280581
Maybe
>>
>>385280697
>no one can make one without it not being Wario-esque.
hmm?
>>
>>385281507
Exactly what I said.
How many people today know Wario Land? What's stopping them from making a new Wario game and it's just a Mario title with Wario as the main character? Even Wario Land I had enough elements that set it apart from Mario. There isn't anyone who gets Wario and worst-case scenario we get EMBODIMENT OF GROSS Wario.
>>
>>385281771
Shake It was specifically saved from that though and it came out right after Brawl and all the previous Wariowares.

Wario is dead because the nintendo branch responsible doesn't want to make platformers and is sick of warioware. They're making cheap eshop stuff feat. Ashley
>>
>>385281907
That was 2008.
Damn near a decade ago. Things have changed so much it's not even funny. Shake It! was a fluke and even WarioWare got nixed for Rhythm Heaven.
>>
>>385282327
Yeah. But you can't really say that wario has been further tainted by the gross image propagated starting with WL4/Ware 1
>>
File: 1498754070505.png (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498754070505.png
14KB, 480x480px
>just had a dream last night where I was looking forward to a newly announced Warioland
>>
>>385282669
Those were regulated to the manuals, and WarioWare was still a one-off title.

On that note, I beat Wario Land 1 with two treasures missing and got a feudal castle. It still holds up.
>>
>>385280697
>no one can make one without it not being Wario-esque.
So no one can make a Wario game with it being like a Wario game?
Shouldn't a Wario game be Wario-esque?
>>
>>385283583
Think about Wario Land. Name the first things that come to mind, and really go deep. Now think about today's audiences and what they know Wario for, or rather what they don't know.
>>
>>385283783
>Name the first things that come to mind, and really go deep.
Well. The first things that comes to mind are tackles and throws. It is reminiscent of Mario, but the above coupled with its weight changes the fundamentals considerably.
Wario World is pretty much the same. It's a 3D Mario platformer, but with a bit less platforming and a lot more beat em all style gameplay using tackles and grabs.

As for today's audiences? They may be somewhat familiar with Warioware somehow but I wouldn't even count on that necessarily. But even in Warioware you don't even control Wario. It'd be like judging Mario based on Mario Party.
I really don't think the average person has much of an idea of Wario's games at all. But that also means that they wouldn't have much of any preconceived notions about it to begin with either. Which would be both a bad and a good thing. They'd likely be about as open to classic style Wario gameplay as anything else.
>>
>>385280581
Never played a Wario game. What's a good one I can easily grab a rom for and emulate?
>>
>>385284891
Wario Land are gameboy games and hold up.
I'd play them in order, but if you don't feel like playing Wario Land 1 for whatever the reason I'd just recommend playing Wario Land 4 instead and then move backwards.

Wario World is really cool too but it's very different and it's a gamecube game. Which is of course also possible to emulate, Dolphin is an amazing emulator. But it's no doubt more cumbersome than emulating gameboy games.
>>
Still waiting for WarioWare: Shove It Up Your Own Ass.
>>
>>385285426
I'm sort of surprised how Warioware just suddenly died out too. Few years ago you had everybody complaining how Warioware overtook Warioland and we'll never get a new WL game, and now we don't even have new WW games.
>>
File: ashley and wario.jpg (264KB, 1899x411px) Image search: [Google]
ashley and wario.jpg
264KB, 1899x411px
How does Wario know people like Ashley, Mona, Kat and Ana?
>>
>>385286110
Game dev?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.