[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth playing ironically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png (201KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png
201KB, 256x326px
Is this game worth playing ironically?
>>
>>385277012
It's worth playing period. It's actually pretty decent overall. Some levels are really fucking annoying though
FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM
>>
>>385277012
How do you play a game ironically? Either you play because you want to or not
>>
>>385277012

Some baffling design decisions on a pure game design front, but its a very short game. It drags on forever if you're going for the True End.

This game has morality choices and they tie into gameplay, but in the worst possible way, like imagine in order to be the goodest guy possible you have to kill literally every bad guy in a given level, or collect 300 rings, stuff like that. Levels become a living hell and drag on forever if you attempt anything other than 'hit the Goal Ring'.
>>
it's enjoyable, but definitely not good

now where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald?!
>>
>>385277012
It's a shame we'll never have a remake or sequel.
>>
>>385277012
Even though the premise is absurd, the gameplay is surprisingly pretty good.

You know... for a Sonic game.
>>
File: NINGEN.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
NINGEN.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>edge character
Yes anon, I only play edgy games by myself in the dark as I brood about my eternal hatred of other people in public.

Now wheres my DAMN controller.
>>
File: GUN_commander_kid_funny_6857.png (133KB, 338x249px) Image search: [Google]
GUN_commander_kid_funny_6857.png
133KB, 338x249px
>>385277012
No. It's shit.
>>
>>385278138

I played Shrek 2 on PC ironically.

Wasn't even worth it.
>>
>>385279876
this. also, how is this pic not a meme yet?
>>
No. Just watch the cutscenes on youtube. The game itself is fucking miserable to play, especially if you want to go for the actual ending.
>>
>>385277012
It would be if they did the smart thing and have you do every level in a single playthrough with your ending being decided by how many of each mission you did and there only being three endings.
>>
>>385277012
I played it because I'm an idiot who wants to play every Sonic game for no real reason.

It was bland gameplaywise but not that bad, it was full of stupid moments, like the one where the president has a picture of Sonic on his desk. Also the fact that you have to play through the game 600+ times to 100% it is fucking stupid.
>>
>>385281758
It should have just been Resident Evil but with Shadow (I mean this by Scenario Story wise)
>>
>>385277012
It was fun, and the edge was on point. Punching and melee weapons were fucking useless and driving doesn't have much point to it either.
>>
>>385277012
It sucks that this game made Sega swear off from making Sonic spinoff games. Would love to play a Blaze game.
>>
Its personally the worst sonic I have ever played. The gameplay is slower and yet somehow more tankier/slippery at the same time compared to heroes. The art and music are seriously bland and ugly to look/listen at. There is non stop talking, and not the silly cheesy type from heroes, but just constant narration about your fucking objectives. And thats the final thing. The objectives. I dont want to say more than that, the objectives are fucking awful.

Sonic 06 is worth playing ironically whatever that means. Remove the veil of hate from retarded virgins who live on the internet. Its definitely not a good product as is but if you piece together the good parts of it and can look past some glitches, its much MUCH better than shadow.
>>
I would've enjoyed it more if they didn't just slap the gunplay on top of the regular sonic gameplay except for a few weapons that work with the sonic gameplay like the Chicken Gun.

Also, Chaos Blast and Chaos Control are useless since the former stops all momentum and the later makes you go past objectives.
>>
File: 1398576515621.jpg (127KB, 1011x819px) Image search: [Google]
1398576515621.jpg
127KB, 1011x819px
>enemy comes up and attacks you
>kill the enemy
>"NOOOOOO! Shadow they're on our side!!!!!"
>>
>>385277012
>ironically

You want to play this to make a coincidence out of something?
>>
File: Shadow The Hedgehog.png (92KB, 1000x476px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow The Hedgehog.png
92KB, 1000x476px
Shadow is underrated. Story is so fucking silly, but it works.

Its a direct sequel to SA2, and thats where most of the stupid shit came from
>>
>>385278138
The same way that you watch The Room or Birdemic "ironically".

I don't understand why "to make fun of it" has colloquially become "ironic," which is a different thing entirely, but sure.
>>
>>385288678
Something that bugged me about this game is that you can end up fighting black bull and egg breaker twice on the same route.
That always seemed like bad game design to me especially since you're likely to end up doing it if you want to be a hero.
>>
File: 320px-Shadow_eggbreaker.png (132KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Shadow_eggbreaker.png
132KB, 320x240px
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuE2NI41oqw
>can you see all of me
>walk into my mystery
Why does that part of the song touch my autism in all the right ways
>>
>>385290801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDw_hEUmeLo
holy fuck wrong link
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.