[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick one of your favorite games and describe something about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
Atrocious combat. Wouldn't be until DX4 that combat finally got decent.
>>
File: n64-1359659111.jpg (242KB, 1642x1200px) Image search: [Google]
n64-1359659111.jpg
242KB, 1642x1200px
The prize for the most annoying side quest in the game is a bigger wallet in a game where the economy is almost entirely pointless.
>>
>>385274335
Combat isn't a focus of the game. Deus Ex has always been a stealth game with barebones combat intended to push you towards stealth.
>>
>>385274573

No, Deus Ex was meant to be a game that allowed for many different play styles. The thing is that no game of this type had attempted to try and balance combat and stealth as viable options, combined with RPG mechanics. So what you are left with is combat that feels like a second rate Half life and stealth that feels like a second rate Thief.

But you really need context for the time period it was made in, and why despite it's problems it was so ground breaking. Also for the record, the stealth wasn't that great either. It was just the fact that it did incorporate them both into a first person shooter that allowed multiple approaches that made people love it.

If it was either solely a combat or stealth game, it would be rather mediocre.
>>
File: Ac5box.jpg (48KB, 320x451px) Image search: [Google]
Ac5box.jpg
48KB, 320x451px
Parts of the writing and voice acting are really, really cringe worthy.
>>
File: header.jpg (5KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
5KB, 460x215px
Maybe not it's fault but, the fan community. I absolutely love this game but Jesus fucking Christ Undertale fans are worse than Homestuck fans.
>>
>>385275767
The bad community in a single-player-only game has nothing to do with the game itself.

I completely agree with you, though.
They are terrible furry spergs and bothers me to know end that I can't just talk about the game without polarizing everyone around me and devolving into a shitstorm of furry hate and goat posting.
>>
>>385274447
Majoras Mask was worse. What was even the point of the masks?
>>
>>385276263

Having all of them let you get the fierce deity mask when you fought Majora, and most of them let you screw around a bit at least.
>>
File: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (91KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
91KB, 300x425px
no flaws here
>>
File: me_boat_11.jpg (858KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
me_boat_11.jpg
858KB, 1920x1080px
>Game with great level design also has the single worst level ever created
>>
File: Ffixbox.jpg (54KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
Ffixbox.jpg
54KB, 256x245px
Almost the entirety of Disc 2.
>>
>>385277475
What's supposed to be so bad about that? Even the people that hated Mirror's Edge, I don't remember anyone complaining that level was the "worst ever created" or anything close to that.
>>
File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
QA testing is an alien concept to Obsidian.
>>
File: final_fantasy_iv_complete_final.jpg (758KB, 1000x1724px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_iv_complete_final.jpg
758KB, 1000x1724px
Retardedly high random encounter rate. I've never had an issue with it in any other JRPG I've played, and I've played a lot. It nearly ruined the game for me on my first playthrough. I'm more used to it now, but still.
>>
>>385277816
It goes against every single thing the game has taught you.
Game about sneaking into facilities? Just hop into this truck and wait literally a full minute while the next section loads, even though the level started 10 seconds ago.
Game about using the environment and hit and run tactics to dispatch enemies? Let's throw you into a wide open parking lot with lots of armed enemies where you either have to crawl from cover to cover, or be forced to pick up a gun and play a painfully simplistic shooting gallery.
Want to climb that alternate ledge that you can clearly reach and grab? Let's put an invisible wall there for no reason.
Final chase sequence with the antagonist of the game? Let's force you stop every 15 seconds to open a shit ton of bulkhead doors that require a 10 second animation, every single time.
I literally can't think of any level that is so determined to be the antithesis of their own game.
>>
File: Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg (12KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg
12KB, 280x357px
At it's worse, the level design is confusing and awful. No where is it more demonstrated than the Thieves Guild. I usually just skip that mission.
>>
>>385277865
You're right, but this is not an example of that. Bethesda handled the QA for New Vegas, not Obsidian
>>
File: 1440667965025.jpg (103KB, 720x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1440667965025.jpg
103KB, 720x1277px
>>385274335
the combat's not too good in deus ex but god damn i could watch people run around on fire all day in that game, it's just too damn funny
>>
>>385277865
Bethesda did the QA testing for this game
>>
>>385278736
>>385278803

That explains SO much.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.