[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Fallout 4 good? How's the enemy variety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_2215.jpg (46KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2215.jpg
46KB, 350x399px
Is Fallout 4 good? How's the enemy variety?
>>
Raiders. Super Mutants & hounds. Raiders with combat armor. Androids aka Synths. Rats and roaches, giant crabs and scorpions.

Occasionally a Deathclaw, really big super mutant or really big crab. Oh, and ghouls. Don't forget the ghouls. It's decent =)
>>
>>385275207
>It's decent =)
No, it most certainly isn't.
>>
the enemies def improved from 3 and NV
>>
>>385273642
I love this game. Love this is as much as 3 and the originals though not quite as much as New Vegas. Good enemy variety, monsters, mutants and all sorts of raiders abound
>>
>>385275893
the game is fun and if you can't have fun with it it's your own fault faggot. it's not bad it's just different from your precious new vegas
>>
>>385273642
Got a worse wrap than it deserved. it's an ok game. Enemy types aren't all that varied.
>>
Don't believe all the hotheads whose first rpg was new vegas, fallout 4 is a good game overall
>>
>>385276120
Nice try, Todd.
>>385276303
Not an argument.
>>385276458
It deserved worse.
>>385276558
It's terrible shit.
>>
>>385273642
>Bethesda game
>good
>>
File: Fallout 4.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>>385273642
Save your money.
>>
I enjoyed it, but the base game is just sort of ok (main story is kind of shitty, and the ending is awful though). Like other Bethesda games of this ilk, you unlock the fun/variety/graphics by modding the shit out of it to your taste. I spent about a month being obsessed with doing nothing but building settlements after modding away the building limitations.
>>
>>385273642

Only good for the gunplay and autistic settlement building. If you looking for good RPG mechanics and story don't buy it.
>>
>>385273642
Fallout 4 with all DLC is a good game. Maybe an OK game.
However, its a fucking awful Fallout game. The narrative, the talking protagonist, etc... all ruin what made previous Fallout games feel special.
>>
>>385273642
No it's boring garbage don't bother
>>
One of the few things this game does right is combat.
Enemy variety is the best of the neo-fallouts by far.
The legendary system also contributes a lot to the fights.
>>
File: 1497173559325m.jpg (78KB, 708x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497173559325m.jpg
78KB, 708x1024px
>>385276643
>Nice try, Todd

Kek
>>
File: NV fags.png (132KB, 1086x1006px) Image search: [Google]
NV fags.png
132KB, 1086x1006px
>Nice try, Todd
>Play NV instead
>Not real RPG!
Every-fucking-time.
>>
>>385277295
>I AM SILLY
>>
>>385273642
It's alright.
Not good but certainly not trash.
Then again I have the autism and genuinely enjoy the settlements thing.
If you don't it might take a fair bit of value out of it.
Don't treat it as an RPG but as an action game.
Obviously pirate it.

Consolefags and zenimax's jewishness unfortunately aborted the modding community, so there's not going to be that much actually good content for it.
>>
>>385277295
lmao even normies barely care about fallout 4 anymore
>>
>>385277434
>implying you faggots don't prove it true every time
>implying you faggots didn't create a multitude of I AM SILLY upon the release of FO3 and NV.
>>
>>385277295
[Intelligence] I AM SILLY
>>
>>385277295
what rpg features does fallout4 even have?
I enjoyed it but that's just wrong.
Also the fact that toddposting makes you butthurt is so enjoyable, todd actually likes good games and has pretty good taste, zenimax just happens to have him on a leash.
>>
>>385273642
Fun game, maybe overpriced.
>>
>>385277295
inb4 debunked obsidrone macroimages
>>
It's good with mods. In the base game, there is no weapon variety. Fix that by going through a tiring process of installing weapon mods that incorporate themselves into the level lists.
Enemy variety is alright, but you can make them more interesting with a few gameplay mods.
Graphically, with that 90gb texture pack, it looks okay, but runs like ass. Somehow, texture packs on the nexus tend to look better than it. Honestly, like all of Bethesda's newer titles - I find myself more interested in sifting through the Nexus for good mods.
>>
File: gonnabuymygameorwhat.png (252KB, 433x491px) Image search: [Google]
gonnabuymygameorwhat.png
252KB, 433x491px
>>385276643
wtf is your problem fagget
>>
>>385277728
Is there anything legitimately more pathetic than studiowarring?
>>
New Vegas was literally a desert and even that was more fun to explore in than Fallout 4: A Post Nuclear """Role Playing Game"""
>>
>>385277786
Not him, but Toddposting used to be fun until it was driven into the ground like every /v/ meme. Now it's just annoying and people will spam it in every thread related to BGS. Sometimes even other games that have nothing to do with BGS.
>>
>>385277925
ask the NV autists, since they're almost always the instigators with a few exception
>>
>>385278001
I think you replied to the wrong anon, even though I agree with you on how burnt out toddposting is.
>>
>>385276643
When will this "Not an argument" meme die?
>>
>>385278129
Not him but that guy literally had no argument
>>
>>385278230
or you're just deluded by sawyer's salty cock
>>
>>385278129
When you stop using shitty arguments.
>>385277786
>It's good with mods.
No, not even mods can repair the broken mechanics. Also all the mods out for FO4 don't change the gameplay in any significant way, so it's only good with mods if you spend all day masturbating to 3D models.
>>
>>385278274
Sorry not everybody likes their RPG franchise getting stripped of any RPG elements
>>
File: 1487503665291.jpg (58KB, 580x679px) Image search: [Google]
1487503665291.jpg
58KB, 580x679px
>>385278076
Actually the NV autists are mostly self contained, only shitting on things that bethesda does when they're brought up to them.
Whereas for the past week or so some guy who got really buttblasted in a NV thread has been making shitty fallout 3 threads/bait threads.

Generally the bad kind of autism is best when it's contained.
>>
>>385273642
raiders, military larping raiders and either robots or soldiers
ok waifu maker tho
>>
>>385278379
>Actually the NV autists are mostly self contained
>If you make a thread about FO3 it must be bait

You haven't been here very long, have you?
>>
Get it for $15 or less
Ignore all the settlements shit and just explore the map until you get bored, then just fast travel everywhere to complete the main quest. Play on very hard, gimp yourself by not crafting anything and you'll gain some fun out of the game.
>>
File: 000.jpg (70KB, 364x360px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
70KB, 364x360px
>>385276643
Can you show us on the doll where Fallout 4 touched you, anon?
>>
>>385278076
>>385277728
>>385277295
Hey princess, daddy is going to have to bend you over an spank you for being such a naughty little girl. Spit out your paci and apologize or I'll withhold your servings of daddy's cummies for tonight.
>>
>>385273642
>How's the enemy variety?
Non-existent.

Humans, super mutants, ghouls, robots. One deathclaw.
>>
Just console command a good Power Armor, Laser guns and batteries for the Power Armor so you can "roleplay" as a BoS Paladin.
>>
Don't listen to anybody making it out to be any deeper than a puddle, had to drop it midway because it was so bland.
>>
>>385278528
Don't tease daddy, babygirl. Be my good little kitten and hop on my lap.
>>
>>385278678
>>385278795
Why does this faggot show up in every thread?
>>
>>385278953
No naughty stuffs today, you're being too bratty.
>>
>>385273642
It's alright. Like every other post-Morrowind Bethesda Studios title, it's mostly a platform to make the game in your own image with mods. The enemy variety is OK, not amazing, and as always stealth archery/sniping is the only viable class in the game. Hardcore mode makes the game systems all make a lot more sense, since the base building is only really necessary when you need well-defended, well-supplied settlements to launch your adventures from, and functions like the Vertibird and artillery support are only necessary when you lack fast travel and are trying to siege a well-fortified outdoor position. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it's entertaining and has a decent gameplay loop of quest, loot, build, repeat.
>>
>>385278528
Fallout3 doesn't have the replay value. It also doesn't work out of the box on anything with more than two cores
Sure NV's branching storylines don't really impact the game too much, only change up the ending slides, but autists like that.

I spent about an hour fucking with a retarded autist convinced of really stupid things like sales = quality, that there are no bad games, that money is the only thing that should matter, and a bunch of other shit in a fallout thread.
Then these threads started happening right after that.
His typing style and general diatribe was also similar a biodrone who loves anthony burch, who hates neutral routes, josh sawyer, the witcher, steam refunds, tyranny, PoE, and a bunch of other shit responsible for repeatedly spamming threads over and over and over.
He had been doing it for 2 years, and some of his reposts had hit 100+
A group of autists figured it out and organized to get his threads banned on sight for global 10.
>>
>>385279278
That's nice honey.
>>
>>385279278
FO3 works fine. Get the GOG version.
And while I'm sorry you have an autist on your hands, that shouldn't be justification to shit on FO3fags.
>no replay value

okay
>>
>>385273642
Humans.
Zombie Humans.
Power Armor Humans.
Roid Humans.
Androids.
Trash Can Robots.
Flies, mosquitoes, dragonflies, scorpions, crabs, frogs, lobsters, Eldritch Lobsters (DLC) fish (DLC), Chameleons, newts (DLC), worms (DLC), crickets (DLC), Alligators (DLC), Ants (DLC).
Turrets.
VTOL Craft.
One Ayy Lmao.
>>
If you have an itch for exploration and scavenging, Fallout 4 can scratch it fairly well. With mods settlement building can be a fun time sink if you're into it.

That said, it's trash as an rpg, worse than trash as a Fallout, and the writing is beyond awful.
>>
>>385278578
Wow, I love Fallout 4 now! You sure convinced me with your hot as fuck arguments.
>>
>>385279505
haha what the fuck? that stupid post actually convinced you to change your mind. Are you retarded???
>>
>>385279207
I don't know what's worse, people pretending to be rabid bethesda fanboys or idiots like you, trying to ease people into playing this piece of radioactive shit by pretending it's not so bad.
>>
>>385278129
This issue is not with the phrase, but the usage. People don't use it correctly.
>A: This game is not fun. (Subjective)
>B: Really? I think this game is fun. (Subjective)
>A: Not an argument. (Not applicable to the discussion)
>>
>>385279653
You're a fucking idiot and a hypocrite.
>>
>>385279505
For all your talk of "not an argument", you're showing a lot of salt and offering very little reasoning of your own, anon. You seem to have a very personal issue with it. Please explain if you want to be taken seriously.
>>
>>385279635
Having trouble with sarcasm, huh? This thread is shitposting central.
>>
Yes
Sarcastic yes
Maybe
No (I'll say yes later)
>>
>>385279436
>>And while I'm sorry you have an autist on your hands, that shouldn't be justification to shit on FO3fags.
If it's spamfag he needs to be tracked down and purged. Again. The rules of 4chan are very important and low functioning autists are a cancer not to be ignored.
The similar diatribe, the fact that he only mostly posts images which apparently count as arguments, does really low effort - and not the fun kind - edits of things, etc. as well as the hatred of josh sawyer are strikingly similar.

Comparatively fo3 has much less replay value than NV, it just does.
If only because of some kind of sense of autistic completion obligation to see all the slides.
>>
>>385279654
It's applicable when the best reason to play this game you can muster is "i had fun" without any further explanation.
>>
>>385279818
>muh fun xdd
Not an argument
>>
Personally having no skills or dialogue option completely fucking kills the whole thing
>>
>>385279653
Look, New Vegas is my favorite of the series that I've played, but I still think 4 is worth a buy. It's got decent gunplay, a well-plotted map, and fun base building elements. Yeah, it's not as clever or darkly humorous as NV or the first two, nor is it as complex in its overall narrative, but it's still a good game. Not great, but good.
>>
>>385279710
>you're showing a lot of salt and offering very little reasoning of your own, anon.
If you're not even going to try to sell this game properly, I don't have to bring up arguments at all. You can't bring forth any good reasons to play this stool because there aren't any.
>>
>>385279891
I'm glad we're in agreement.
>>
>>385279948
>New Vegas is my favorite of the series that I've played, but I still think 4 is worth a buy.
These are contradictory statements.
>>
>>385280168
I hereby extend an olive branch to you to be my anonymous friend. Do you accept?
>Yes
>Reddit Meme Quip
>Maybe (Yes)
>No (I'll say yes later)
>>
>>385279735
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
That guy basically shitposted instead of replaying and it made you change your opinion on Fallout 4. You ARE retarded.
>>
There any sex mods for this game yet?
>>
I actually really like what FO4 did with feral ghouls.
>>
>>385280371
Yes but their shit.
The only sex mods available are Loli Lover, Realistic Genitalia, Straight Shota, Incest Marriage, Inflation, Giantess, Realistic Scat and Urine, Wolfycub's Sexy Wear pack and Goddess Futas
>>
>>385279818
I've never given my personal opinion on the game, in fact I've never played Fallout 4 for more than 30 minutes, but why would anyone take the time to write a thought-out reply on why they liked any game when it will only be met with
>lel look at this autist

Or it'll be replied to point by point with
>You liked the music? The music is shit.
>You liked the voice acting? They got bargain bin local losers; they're objectively shit.
>You liked this one particular side quest? Only faggots could enjoy that particular side quest.
>You liked the smooth movement in comparison to New Vegas' jittery engine? Bethseda sucks dick at writing engines, it's shit.

Why bother with that?
>>
>>385280371
yes
barebones as fuck because the script extender is shit and microsoft bought havok which means animations are gonna be hard as shit to suss out
>>
>>385280229
How so? When 4 got announced, I had just tipped the clock on my copy of New Vegas at 700 hours. Yes, I like the game, but I had played it to death. I had done every mission, unlocked every route, seen almost every possible ending combination, spelunked every dungeon, modded it to hell and back, and I was finally burnt out on it. So when 4 came out, I was glad for a change of scenery and some updated gameplay components, even if the RPG aspect had suffered in the move away from Obsidian. I treat it like Far Cry: Post Apocalyptic Town Sim Edition, which was a lot of things I wanted strung together.
>>
>>385279796
But a good number of people hate Sawyer. He kicked off MCA and is a hardcore feminist.
>>
>>385280430
I liked them after a bit of modding. I grabbed some random "zombie apocalypse" mod that replaces the lamer enemies (mainly bugs) with horses of ghouls, and another mod that makes them sound like Clickers from TLoU.
>>
>>385280520
>Straight Shota

You have my attention.
>>
the story is shit, the dialogue options are shit, the factions are shit BUT the gunplay is very very good.
>>
>>385280665
>horses

I meant hordes.
>>
>>385280749
Its shit though. It adds animations and poses for SS, shota companions, quests and storylines about getting engaged and married. The animations are very good and it runs flawlessly with other mods installed.
>>
>>385280797
>the gunplay it ok
ftfy
>>
Fo4 is passably mediocre but you're not allowed to like it because /v/ is new vegas central, despite the fact new vegas is equally mediocre, but atleast it has memes-tier writing.
>>
>>385280430
It was a good move, making them a legit threat when made aware of you as opposed to either being boring bullet sponges or goombas. I also appreciate how good locational damage is in 4, making ground-based explosives extremely viable in tight spaces.
>>
>>385273642
Good enemy roster, combat&shooting mechanics make my dick hard. Good graphics.

Literally everything else is subpar to NV.
>>
>>385280526
New Vegas' engine is written by Bethesda you retard. So yes, due to Bethesda coding limitations New Vegas has shitty movement.
>>
>>385281097
You 100% missed the entire point of my post.
>>
>>385277295
>Decisions don't impact the game or the world

Helios One, burying the Brotherhood, Securitron Army, the irradiated farm quest, Ghost Town Gunfight, the NCR raid on NCRCF, Primm's Sheriff, choosing a new Brotherhood Elder, cleaning out Quarry Junction, every dealing with the Great Khans, killing House or Caesar, dealing with the Omertas

Probably a lot more than that, too. Just going by memory.
>>
>>385280913
You wouldn't by chance know where I could go about acquiring these mods, would you? I'm asking for a friend.
>>
>>385281159
But you've summarized the entire argument for everyone to see, everything you ironically greentexted is accurate and by posting what you did you have pretty much conceded that making a "thought out" reason for liking Fallout 4 is a completely indefensible stance to take.
>>
>>385280097
If you have such conviction, you should validate yourself by providing reasons for your strongly anti stance. You sound like an engine of impotent rage.
>>
>>385281796
different anon, do you not understand english? you can't prove a negative, that doesn't make coherent sense.
>>
>>385281213
I got you buddy
http://www.breitbart.com/modlist_fallout4/pg_2902385/straight_shota/
>>
>>385281441
You are truly beyond retarded. If you gave me a list of your favorite albums, movies, and video games I could come up with "reasons" why they're shit. When in reality, you're just yelling your opinion at someone and have them yell it back. There's nothing grounded in fact, just how you feel about something.

You can't convince me Fallout 4 is a good game. You can't convince me Fallout 4 is a bad game. You can't convince me Fallout 4 is anything other than what I've experienced first hand. It forces you in to a shitty (that's code for I just don't like it) role of a mother or father. It kills off spouse and kidnaps your child that you don't care about, because you've had 10 minutes of in-game cutscenes with them. Then it pops you out in a cul-de-sac where the game's movement is pretty good.

>But you've summarized the entire argument for everyone to see
I didn't summarize an argument. There is no argument. Telling someone why you think something is good is not arguing, it's sharing an opinion. Arguments require a subject that can be discussed objectively. A laundry list of what you like and dislike is

not an argument.
>>
>>385281985
Thank you :)
>>
>>385281890
>you can't prove a negative
I'm not asking him to prove the existence of god, I'm suggesting that he states what makes the game bad, or at least his articulated opinion on that matter, which is absolutely doable. I don't think you're entirely familiar with what proving a negative means.
>>
>>385273642
100x better than skyrim
Still pretty boring

Mutants and raiders/ synths (basically the same) make up 80% of encounters
>>
The base game, just like any other Bethesda game, is shit, however, Iv'e been playing a lot with the Horizon mod, and it actualy turns it into a really decent game with a lot of depth and it actually forces you to think about survival and tactics.
>>
I like Todd and his game.
>>
>>385281989
This is entirely untrue, otherwise there wouldn't be any measurable way to distinguish something of quality to something that isn't of quality. if I can come with a provable criteria for Fallout to be held to for it to be considered good, I could. So I will

Meaningful choices

Player Freedom and Agency

Replay ability

This are going to be my 3 sample qualities I will objectively measure Fallout 4 by.

The choices in this game as have been tried and demonstrated by many screenshots of dialogue and the quick look at the utterly gutted skill system

Player's are locked into a completely robust role from the get-go, with absolutely nothing that could really deviate your backstory, you have no agency to who you are in the game because of dialogue and skill limitations

And full circle replay ability is utter trash, there is none. Funnily enough this all stems from the fact that the skills and dialogue in this game don't mean anything or don't exist, from this objective measurment of quality I can deduce from no objective standpoint can Fallout 4 be considered a good Roleplaying Game, the thing it happens to be marketed as.
>>
>>385282603
post like these are why NVfags come across as pretentious, quasi-intellectual twats
good game, though
>>
It is more fun to play than NV or FO3 but the story is shit. Settlements actually reduce replay value.
>>
>>385281985
You're silly.
>>
>>385282820
I don't understand how you are so deluded to think that everyone who hates Fallout 4 is a NV fag, I bought Fallout 4 and the season pass hoping it was the game was going to be glorious all the way through, but it wasn't, it's an RPG-lite with Fallout flavor.
>>
>>385283106
Nigga, even I don't like FO4. But you can't deny that the NVfags lose their shit if it you bring up the possibility of liking 3 or 4.
>>
>>385282832
Amen. The gameplay and exploration are superior to 3 and NV, but the writing is absolute dire at worst (and a weak riff off of Blade Runner at best). The roleplaying is non-existent and basically eliminates any replayability, unless you want to do a second run as a goody two shoes or an absolute asshole, whichever you didn't do first time around.
>>
>>385282603
>otherwise there wouldn't be any measurable way to distinguish something of quality to something that isn't of quality
That's the purpose of me posting in this thread at all. We can't distinguish between the qualities of things, because the user themselves make up the criteria of what makes something quality or not. There are no agreed upon quantifiers of what makes a good video game.
>Meaningful choices
Not desired by everyone. Some people want to experience a story, not make choices at all.
>Player Freedom and Agency
Not desired by everyone.
>Replay ability
Not desired by everyone. Despite some of us seeking to sink hundreds of hours into a single game, it's not something everyone wants. Some would rather experience all the content available within a 30 hour frame.

You cannot make something objective by saying it's objective. These are merely your opinions on elements of the game. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; just as quality is left to the judgement of the player.

Therefore, you cannot claim "This game is shit because it fails in these specific areas that I give value to", but you can say "I don't like this game, because it fails in these specific areas that I give value to, and things I don't like, I consider to be shit."
>>
>>385283438
I can't deny that even normie fags get pissed of by the notion of people liking fallout 4, Bethesda outright said that they wouldn't be making the next Fallout game the way they did Fallout 4 if at all.
>>
>>385283562
>superior exploration

3 still holds that title, sorry.
FO4 had some interesting locales, but most of it is blank space for muh settlements crap they were trying to push.
>>
>>385276303
Ya its different from New Vegas in that New Vegas was an actual fallout game
>>
>>385283865
>actual Fallout game

HERE WE GOOOOOOOO
>>
The player character voice acting is seriously off-putting sometimes and the dialogue options are pretty shit but that's my only real complaint about the game.
>>
>>385283569
>There are no agreed upon quantifiers of what makes a good video game.

There is precedent in the series for these qualities I stated, even in Fallout 3, the other Fallout game Bethesda made, lets ignore anything black isles/obsidian has ever done to the series so we're not comparing apples to oranges

Meaningful choices
while flawed, Fallout 3 has choices that are profound in some way to the story, it's more than just deciding who blows up the institute.

Players in Fallout 3 can be marauding slaver cannibals, in addition to that you can choose to fuck over the brotherhood of steel in an addon and run things a completely different way.

And last but not least, replayability, varieties of weapon types, finite skill points, level cap and a branching story line all lend itself to making the game atleast fresh through 3-4 playthroughs.

You can't argue that there is precedent in this series for these qualities, and you also cannot argue that there's no precedent in the RPG genre of games for these qualities, therefore you can't just go YEAH FALLOUT 4 IS AN AMAZING RPG, because if you compare it to any of it's predecessors you would soon discover that it's bullshit to say that.
>>
>>385276643
>not an argument
>provides no argument of himself

every time
>>
>>385283604
You missed the point of my post entirely.
>>
>>385283569
>We can't distinguish between the qualities of things, because the user themselves make up the criteria of what makes something quality or not.
oh gee wiz then we should just fucking delete /v/ then because people aren't allowed to share opinions and discuss gameplay content
>>
>>385283838
I'll be honest, I barely remember what 3's exploration was like because of how unpleasant it is to play now. I don't know how Bethesda do it but they're the champions of making games that are lauded in their day and age like milk in the time it takes to blink.
>>
>violence ! now that's fun, like itchy and scratchi
T.odd
>>
>>385283569
>Therefore, you cannot claim "This game is shit because it fails in these specific areas that I give value to", but you can say "I don't like this game, because it fails in these specific areas that I give value to, and things I don't like, I consider to be shit."

Pedantry. Those sentences effectively mean the same thing. It seems like you assume the first statement implies objective shittiness and that no one should enjoy it, which is obviously absurd.
>>
>>385277295
>anon self-inserts as a logical individual who provides a discussion in a calm matter
>when really when people like him make arguments on how bullshit it is that you can't go north of Goodsprings because it's hard, then shitting on the game

every
single
time
>>
I'm still mad about fallout 4 after all this time. I forced myself to play it for 2 weeks until dropping it. Only good thing that came out of it for me was the pip boy I got. Thinking back on it, I should've sold it for hundreds like the others.
>>
>>385284361
>because of how unpleasant it is to play now

It's from 2007/08/fuck it I can't remember, of course it's going to be dated. Also, try not to /v/'s hivemind bickering influence your opinion on a game; you'll miss out on a lot of great titles.
>>385284363
case and point
>>
>>385284374
says the faggot who spams heavily biased (and debunked) macro images in fo3 threads
>>
File: fallout 4 intro.png (159KB, 1493x400px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 intro.png
159KB, 1493x400px
>>385273642
don't bother
>>
>>385284508
You can waste your time reading shit like Harry Potter, or read good literature that isn't jewish propaganda for low attention span millenials.
>>
>>385283994
New Vegas was an RPG first and foremost above everything and was loyal to the source material while 4 is an open world shooter with very light rpg elements are you really gonna sit here and try to deny that.
>>
>>385284695
>NVfags are alt-right fedoras

Who would of guessed?
>>
There aren't a whole lot of enemies, but they do force you to fight them differently. Ghouls dash straight at you and crippling their legs makes them crawl at you fairly helplessly. Mole Rats burrow holes and move underground. Synths can have their limbs blown off to disable their weapons. Super Mutants don't use cover and favor explosives, so you need to fight them quickly and aggressively.

I hate pretty much everything about Fallout 4, but I'll give them credit for at least making different enemy types behave differently. It added a lot to the combat.
>>
>>385284508
I don't know where you got the impression that I'm following the hivemind. I genuinely find 3 to be a chore to play because of how truly awful the writing is and how dated and clunky the gameplay feels even by the standards of a game from 2008. The exploration might well be superior to NV and 4, but the other factors I've stated have prevented me from sticking with it long enough after going back to it to actually confirm it for myself.
>>
>>385284778
>alt right
Fascism is a left retard.
>>
>>385283569
>the type faggot who thinks that since there are no objective measures of fun you can't compare vidya at all
Didn't realize neurobiology wasn't a thing and that it not being a thing prevented people from discussing or analyzing games anyways
>>
>>385284853
>awful writing

when will this meme end
>>
>>385285252
>muh dad
>>
Not really.

The enemy variety is also not that good. There are so many other RPGs with better enemy variety.
>>
>>385285252
I genuinely have no idea how anybody can praise Fallout 3's writing. It's absolutely its single weakest element.
>>
>>385285454
>muh platinum chip

I can make strawman arguments too
>>
>>385285879
The platinum chip isn't the main focus of NV, the battle at Hoover dam is.
>>
>>385285624
Nobody is praising it. I just said it wasn't awful. Simple is not bad. It's just not as good as NV in the plot department, which is complex.
>>
>>385285879
please go ahead and highlight the spectacular nuance of fo3's intricate multi-layered plot
>>
>Have GForce 730
>FPS is 10 on Ultra G
Normal I guess.
>>
>>385286015
fallou4 is really poorly optimized
underclocks and in some cases voltage starves cards to boot
>>
File: el8px1.jpg (24KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
el8px1.jpg
24KB, 600x480px
>>385285972
Its plot is simple, and that's fair enough, but the writing is truly horrible.
>>
>>385284129
>There is precedent in the series for these qualities I stated
Then you can say Fallout 4 dumbs down, completely removes, or ignores elements of past entries in the series that you enjoyed.

>>385284259
I wouldn't mind. 10 years and getting a decent discussion from somewhere here is like squeezing blood from a stone.

>>385284368
It's the arrogance. People uphold that a game is shit and give you reasons as if you should be swayed by their experiences playing a game. Back and forth "This game is shit" "No it isn't" is what's absurd.
>>
File: 149975445s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
149975445s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>385286015
>Still using 730
Get a fucking GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB.

It's cheap as shit.
>>
>>385286343
>already have a 1080
>fallout 4 caps at 75fps
>skyrim remastered capped at 61fps
boy did i fall for the 180hz monitor meme
>>
>>385273642
Pretty decent actually.
>raiders
>power armor raiders
>feral ghouls
>reavers
>glowing one
>feral dogs
>Mutant dogs
>Super Mutants
>Suicide bombers
>Super mutant behemoth
>rad scorpion
>mirelurk
>soft mirelurk
>mirelurk hunter
>mirelurk king
>mirelurk queen
>Mirelurk larva
>bloatfly
>bloodfly
>protectron
>death claw
>mister handy
>Mister Gutsy
>sentry bot
>assaultron
The DLC adds a lot more and there's a mod called M's abominations that adds more fan made ones too.
>>
>>385286284
That's some real intense mental gymnastics you're going through just to avoid admitting that Fallout 4 is of lesser quality than it's predecessors. Sure, I can say exactly that, and as a result I can also say that it's terrible as a game that's attempting to portray itself as an RPG, and in no way could it be considered that. But here we go with the "It's a good game, just not a good Fallout game, why are you hating bruh?"

They have rights to the IP and have expended resources to make a "fallout" game that could've been used to make an actual fucking Fallout game.
>>
>>385286284
>It's the arrogance. People uphold that a game is shit and give you reasons as if you should be swayed by their experiences playing a game.

It's discussion. If you disagree with a claim that's backed with reasoning, you should be able to articulate why you disagree. People aren't "forcing" you to agree with them.

>Back and forth "This game is shit" "No it isn't" is what's absurd.

That's not what's going on here at all. The other guy clearly listed things he valued in games (meaningful choices, player agency, replayability) and your only rebuttal is "not everyone wants those things," which is not productive to the conversation at all. It would be more fruitful if you addressed how you feel Fallout 4 relates to those areas, or why you don't value them as much, or listing Fallout 4's positives that make up for those deficits.
>>
>>385286284
>>385287026
With that said, there is no arrogance, we're not sitting her smug in the fact that Fallout 4 is shit, we're infuriated because of my stated reason, and if people are gobbling up the shit handed down from on high it incentivises the publishers of said shit to keep on putting out a product that is objectively of inferior quality, could you imagine if another facet of the market did that. I'm going to use a food analogy, imagine if you will if Hellman's the brand that makes mayonaise just suddenly put out a completely different sauce that lacks majority of the components of actual mayonaise and marketed as just that? It would be retarded, now imagine if they discontinued that condiment and no one else was allowed to reproduce it except for them?
>>
>>385276889
does anyone have the skyrim version of this?? Also why isn't there a quest for the horse thief in your cart at the start of the game?
>>
>>385273642
There's a lot of salty babies here that shit on the game no matter what because it got super hyped up after New Vegas and people hyped themselves up too much and expected it to be the greatest game of all time. It's not, but it isn't shit either. It's worth picking up on sale, 20 or 30 bucks max. Mods can change almost anything you don't like about the game.
>>
There should be difficulty scale like in oblivion. The static options suck ass.
>>
>>385287026
>That's some real intense mental gymnastics you're going through just to avoid admitting that Fallout 4 is of lesser quality than it's predecessors
I could ignore the rest of your post and just reply to this if I feel like because you've completely ignored the fact that I don't care about Fallout 4. Haven't played it for any substantial amount of time. I already mentioned I don't like being forced to be a mother or a father, in New Vegas, 3, and 1 I didn't have that problem. That's all I can say about Fallout 4.

That said, I could go through any game you enjoy and point out where it fails in relation to other games in the series, to other games in the genre, to other games in general. If people like something, YOUR opinion of it isn't going to change that. From the very beginning, it's always been about "discussing" vs "arguing" you can't convince someone a game they like is shit.
>It's shit
is the same as
>It's fun
in terms of value to the discussion.

>>385287372
>That's not what's going on here at all.
Because he's not paying attention to what I'm saying. I don't care about Fallout 4. I don't care about his reasonings for why he hates it. I can't agree or disagree with something I've never played. None of my posts have ever been about Fallout 4 specifically, but rather the sad excuses for "arguments" and "non-arguments" this board has. Go back and read the entire chain of my posts and you'll see that.

Discussion is productive. Telling someone something they like is shit, because they think the opposite way (AKA what too many on this board would consider "an argument"), is fruitless. There's no conclusion. There's not even concession to "Okay, that's your opinion".
>>
>>385287862
You have asserted that no discussion about anything involving opinions is worth having because of the nature of opinions and their lack of objectiveness, I asserted that you could very easily apply concrete principals to base your assertions off of, and inface of that you just said "lol the principals don't matter, it's all opinion." as if precedent isn't critical to the formation of opinions. You cannot do anything you have asserted in a conversation with me over anything I like in particular because I am ready and willing to articulate why I like those things and further the conversation in a meaningful manner. That's not what has occured here now is it? Take a step back and consider what you've said, it hasn't been productive at all and hasn't furthered the conversation since you can't agree to the basic principal that precedent defines opinion, which can be measured objectively wherever the precedent is found.
>>
>>385286263
Nice cherry picking m8.
>>
File: 1350703759232.jpg (249KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1350703759232.jpg
249KB, 800x1000px
>>385289112
This.

Cherry picking would have been showing some of the good writing from F3.
>>
>>385289267
epic post, brah
definitely not done before
>>
>>385289112
Find me some a single moment of poignancy in Fallout 3. Anything positively evocative. I can wait.
>>
>>385273642
Gameplay is fun, everything else is meh.
>>
>>385289415
No worries, mate.
>>
>>385287613
Probably cause horse thief is the one who tries to run and gets killed by archers
>>
>>385288779
>no discussion about anything involving opinions is worth having
Incorrect. I asserted that arguing that something is good when the other person thinks its bad is not worth having. Especially here where 99% will no concede despite being anonymous.

>I asserted that you could very easily apply concrete principals to base your assertions off of
Which is fine in the context of a discussion, not in trying to convince someone that a game is good.

>"lol the principals don't matter, it's all opinion."
Using the principals as a means to make your opinions appear as facts doesn't make them so. An example:
>The game had too few sidequests. (Opinion, which you're allowed to have)
>The game had less sidequests than the previous entry. (Fact, but it doesn't lend itself to being a "good" or "bad" game, it's just something that you (and others) don't like about it)

>it hasn't been productive
Because I'm trying to convince you that people are going to like what they like regardless of your input, and you want to convince me that games can be given objective labels of "good" or "bad" when, despite your jests, is truly down to opinion.

What it usually is:
>Game is shit.
>No it's not, you just have shit taste.
>It's shit. Did you even see the x, y, and z they shoehorned in?
>Not an argument.

What it could be, based partially on your assertions, but without objectivity
>Game fails in the areas of a, b, c, which previous entry #1 excelled in. It lacks d, e, f completely. It destroyed all the g, h, and i that previous entry #2 had set up.
>c was fine, quit whining. f didn't make any sense in the series, I'm glad it's gone. It sucks that g and h are gone, though.
>>
>>385289528
I wasn't saying the writing was great, dingus. I said it was simple and inoffensive.They played it safe and yes the game slightly suffers, but it's not the BoS level you're making it out to be.
>>
>>385290079
>The game had less sidequests than the previous entry. (Fact, but it doesn't lend itself to being a "good" or "bad" game, it's just something that you (and others) don't like about it)

>Variety within reason isn't objectively superior to a lack of variety

You are plain wrong here bucko, you could've used a less eroneous example.

And when you are a fan of a franchise or series, you have expectations of the brand, if the newest product in a series or franchise alienates fans of that specific brand, then of course people are going to think it's ass. I've never tried to assert that Fallout 4 is a bad game, infact alot of people like to hide behind that argument as to try and move the goalposts, I have from the start said it doesn't hold a candle to other games within the Fallout franchise or the RPG genre, which I have demonstrated objectively. I have even demonstrated two products in the same franchise made by the same developer to be wildly different from one another. This hasn't been an argument about whether or not Fallout 4 is good, it's been an argument over precedent of the Fallout series compared to the newest installment.
>>
>>385290354
The fact it's not as bad as something else doesn't make it not bad. It has weak writing that wouldn't have been able to sustain anything more than a simple plot, and it barely managed to do that as it was.
>>
>>385290520
>Variety within reason isn't objectively superior to a lack of variety
Correct. It's not. It's truly not for everyone. Do I like it? Yes. Would I prefer it? Yes. But does EVERYONE prefer? No. And thinking that is foolish.

>And when you are a fan of a franchise or series, you have expectations of the brand, if the newest product in a series or franchise alienates fans of that specific brand, then of course people are going to think it's ass.
Correct.
>I have from the start said it doesn't hold a candle to other games within the Fallout franchise or the RPG genre
That's fine.
>>385290520
>This hasn't been an argument about whether or not Fallout 4 is good
100% correct.
>it's been an argument over precedent of the Fallout series compared to the newest installment.
Incorrect. It's an argument over objectivity and subjectivity merely using the Fallout series as an example.

Now to use all of that for my opinion:
There are going to be people who prefer Fallout 4 over Fallout 3. And they're not wrong. If they've played both, and enjoy Fallout 4 over Fallout 3, then Fallout 4 is the better game (for them). I loved Fallout New Vegas. I liked it more than 3. I liked it more than 1. Fallout New Vegas is better than 3 and 1. New Vegas is better than Fallout 4 in terms of actually role playing in a role playing game. Fallout 4 is better than New Vegas in terms of their game engine. Is New Vegas better in terms of weapon variety? I don't know, as I've said I've only played 30 minutes of Fallout 4.
>>
>>385290965
As opposed to the intellectual masterpiece that is New Vegas? Twat.
>>
>>385291142
Who said anything about NV? Why are you taking this so personally as to resort to namecalling?
>>
>>385276989
story is what makes it a bad game in my opinion the setting is just kind of bland. the thing with fallout is it always had a kind of zany side to it. you have Caesars legion which is just a bunch of roman larpers in football pads. or blowing up a city that worshipped a nuke to please some rich ass who got a kick out of it. i dont really remember anything that came off like that other than maybe the silver shroud missions. fallout 4 took itself to seriously which honestly is the wrong direction to go with fallout. a lot of it was to be satire and a kind of humorous play on society stuck in a futuristic 50s
>>
>>385291108
>EVERYONE

Whenever you are packaging and shipping a product that is identical to every other type of the product with no difference and there are people who like variety mixed in with people who don't, who logically are you going to appeal to here?

The answer is the people who like variety because the people who don't like variety can just ignore whatever they don't like and the people who do can enjoy as much sustenance at their own leisure, so again I'd suggest that your metaphorical argument about quest variety falls short of itself. If you want to argue the objectivity of this or try and move the goalposts to the fact that it doesn't need to make sense in this vacuum we've created be my guest, but when marketing to a large audience this is how you do it, no questions asked.

And to answer you about New Vegas having better weaponry, it sure as shit does.

Now we've reached the end where the argument no longer exists because this is getting to the concession. I personally was arguing about how Fallout 4 stood against it's 'betters' and you were arguing people can have any opinion conceivable with no scrutiny because of arbitrary nonesense. Now, some people are strange in the way they behave or how they like things simple and without variety, everyone is quirky afterall, but I will stand by my assertion that objective scrutiny can be applied to opinions that aren't formed arbitrarily.
>>
>>385273642
>have an RX 580
>game still bugs out graphically

why
>>
>>385291745
Clearly you have to gear your product to the masses. But this was never about that. Someone's opinion of
>The game is good. I had fun, and I'm sorry you couldn't have fun.
is just as valid as
>The game is good because of -indepth explanation-.

One doesn't give you anything to work off of. And one gives you a chance to tell a person their opinions are wrong. Both of them are going to be scrutinized. Both of them will be shit upon. But in the end, it's always just opinion vs opinion where both ends feel they're defending more than just opinions. They're not. It's just reasons why you like something, not facts.
>>
>>385273642
The world is nothing but respawning Super Mutants, Mercenaries, and Ghouls. There is barely enough variety, interesting story, or gameplay mechanics to fill a modestly long linear game. Forget about a massive open world.
>>
>>385292286
The game had less sidequests than the previous entry. (Fact, but it doesn't lend itself to being a "good" or "bad" game, it's just something that you (and others) don't like about it)

I understand what you're trying to argue, that one is better to conversate about while the other isn't while both convey the same exact message, this argument in a vacuum however is a poor example on the merit that it doesn't actually hold up, it doesn't make sense, a product that does not reach the demands of it's target audience in the respect of variety is an objective flaw because of the aformentioned reason, people who don't like variety for whatever strange reason can ignore it and be on their merry way, while people who do like variety get shipped a product that lacks variety, there's nothing the latter consumer in question can remedy this. Therefore the example is poor because in this regard there is a clear cut objective way to handle this situation.
>>
>>385287782
Wrong.
>>
>>385292641
Well of course if you take a group of people out of the equation it'll look more objective.
>98% of the people want a lot of different weapons, locations, characters
>2% (for whatever weird reason) don't want a lot of weapons, locations, characters

2%, just never play this game.

>100% of the people who play this game want a lot of weapons, locations, characters
Now it's "universal" that this is a good thing. Might have been a bad general example to use variety, sure, but people really don't like all the same things. People don't like gays. Arcade and Veronica were a couple of queers. Some people don't give a fuck. Some people love the inclusion. But like or not, that fact can and does effective people's opinion of the game. And it's valid to dislike a game for that reason. It's valid to dislike or like a game for ANY reason.

A better example would have been meaningful choices vs no choices. Some people just want to go along for the ride. It's like an interactive movie. They want to watch the story play out like it's supposed to. Some people want to play an actual role playing game and make choices. But that's not the argument. Whether the choices exist or not, someone can like a game MORE or LESS because of their inclusion/exclusion. To say "Well those people shouldn't be playing RPGs" doesn't apply. It's fair to say "This game sucks because there are no choices." as much as it's fair to say "This game sucks because it has choices that I don't want to make. I don't want to play the game 8 times to see all the different routes."

Again, my opinion about the games is irrelevant here. It's that the opinions of the people that hate and love these games are valid, regardless of how stupid or simplistic they may seem.
>>
>>385290079
>I asserted that arguing that something is good when the other person thinks its bad is not worth having.
This is ridiculous. The goal of discussions is NOT to force the other person to agree with you. When you talk to people you disagree with, you get to learn their perspectives and vice versa.

>Especially here where 99% will no concede despite being anonymous.
Discussions aren't battles with winners or losers. Concessions are irrelevant.
>>
>>385293337
>The goal of discussions is NOT to force the other person to agree with you.
Have you read 95% of the dogshit posts on this board?
>>
>>385283838
>3 still holds that title, sorry.
The entirety of the inner city is a chore to explore.
>>
File: President Eden speech checks.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
President Eden speech checks.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385290354
>slightly suffers
>>
>>385293568
I dunno, I loved the invisible walls and identical subway tunnels.
>>
Shit game but hopefully the cascadia mod releases sometime next year (It probably won't though)
>>
File: unknown.png (562KB, 863x557px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
562KB, 863x557px
>>385273642
Decent game that deserves neither all of the praise it gets on most forums nor all of the hatred it gets on most other forums. Par for the course for most anything published by Bethesda.
>>
>>385284642
>all faces end up looking the same unless you play as a black dude
t. didn't fuck with customization at all, fallout 4 has a lot of flaws but customization was not one of them
>>
>>385294052
Middle road fallacy.
>>
>>385294162
Is it fallacious to say that some of the bitter half-men on /v/ hate Fallout 4 irrationally, or that some people love Fallout 4 because they have little other experience with RPGs?
>>
>>385294294
>irrationally
You're not debating the many points brought against it, you're just making broad generalizations. >>385276889 refute something or shut the fuck up, brainlet.
>>
>>385273642
no & low
>>
>>385294562
Wait, do you actually think I'm the guy you've been arguing with for the entire thread? Why the hell would you think that?
>>
>>385294657
No you retarded faggot, you've made 3 posts. Now refute something or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>385294712
Why are you so mad about people who don't hate Fallout 4? Did Todd Howard rape your favorite franchise?
>>
>>385294805
Why are you incapable of actually discussing a game?
>>
>>385273642
I like it. Enemy variety is okay but only really varies when fighting non human enemies. Raiders, Gunners and Synths are all kind of the same to fight against.

If you're expecting New Vegas you'll be disappointed. Otherwise its not too bad.
>>
>>385278379
>Actually the NV autists are mostly self contained
Are you retarded?
>>
>>385279653
There is literally nothing wrong with what he said.
>>
>>385279735
Of course it is, its a Fallout thread.
>>
Can't we just agree that new vegas and 4 are all good games :(
>>
>>385295856
No.
>>
It's utter garbage. The only reason to play it is that you like the genre and you have to make due.
>>
File: ginger.png (18KB, 205x267px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.png
18KB, 205x267px
Bad shit
>voiced protag limits dialogue options
>removal of rpg feel and skills
>retarded engine tied to refresh rate
>no option to toggle ads
>overpriced dlc

Good shit
>new power armor is baller
>more colors in general
>new crafting system is okay
>survival mode is great

Undetermined shit
>no weapon degradation
>main quest is meh
>>
>>385283604
>I can't deny that even normie fags get pissed of by the notion of people liking fallout 4
And where are these normalfags? This is one of the only places I see as much FO4 bashing as I do. Normies don't seem to care at all. If someone gets mad at someone's taste in games, they are likely not normies.
>>
> still caring about bethesdashit

not even funny
>>
>>385273642
Can mods save it?

I played it right when it came out and yeah the plot is shit and the core gameplay was shit and the settlement development was shit, but surly with enough mods and restructuring there should be a cool power armored wasteland resource management survival simulator in there right?
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.