[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit games you keep playing in the hope that will get better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: news_reveal_web_101398.jpg (120KB, 620x334px) Image search: [Google]
news_reveal_web_101398.jpg
120KB, 620x334px
Shit games you keep playing in the hope that will get better some day.

At this point Im just holding out since they promised narrative stuff in patch 1.8.
>>
wut narrative stuff in 1.8? think they made it pretty clear that they abandoned the game with no year 2 content or dlcs.
>>
>>385270359
>put 100 hours into it with a friend
>final expansion is announced as PvP
>no new story content to finish the game
>next update is more PvP shit

The only reason we got this was to do tactical urban shit against npcs. Fuck PvP meta horseshit.
>>
>>385270672
So they basically announced that 1.8 and the following 2 free dlcs will have narrative stuff. What this narrative stuff is, I have no idea. Im just sad that survival isnt as active as it was. Last Stand isnt even good.
>>
>>385270359
Why is it so hard for them to open up more areas? Like why not open up Staten Island or some shit?
>>
>>385270976
I played some last stand and it wasnt terrible, probably easist way to get gear since you get like 2-3 caches per game. but honestly I think the division is gonna have like 10 people playing once destiny 2 for pc comes out
>>
>>385270672
Heres the article if you were interested by the way. As you can see their hinting at 'light narrative content". Whatever that means.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/03/08/the-division-year-two-will-contain-no-paid-dlc-two-meaty-free-expansions/#5eddcea47099
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082816_123859.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082816_123859.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
There will come a day when I cancel my sub. But my son, that day is not today
>>
Is at least ONE of these looter shooters going to have actual class dynamic and not just be dump bullets and heal?
>>
>>385271292
No its not terrible but the area it takes place in is way too big for the team sizes and adding npcs was a grave mistake. They also shouldve included contaminated zones in the areas to shake it up a bit. Also survival and underground fit more with the theme and had some actual narrative albeit very minimal.
>>
>>385271562
trinity ruins MMOs
>>
>>385271562
>dump bullets and heal?

Its exactly that unfortunately. Which is why I HOPE, 1.8 brings SOMETHING new to the table. If that patch fails then thats it. Im out.
>>
>>385271315
my dude this article just describes the new patch

>Gerighty says that the content packs are “meaty,” and that the first one will bring a long-awaited feature to the game, the ability for players to swap in and out of gear quickly with preset loadouts. As for the actual content of the expansion? “It will put people into a playlist of activities with modifiers that will have specific rewards to competition, participation and completion,” Gerighty says, “These rewards are things that have never been done before. Absolutely new types of rewards.”

this is 1.7, right? there's no narrative stuff, just modifiers like more headshot damage for current content.

>When pressed if that meant new guns or armor, while those may be doled out as loot like in most activities, Gerighty says that an entirely new type of cosmetic reward is being created, one only available by participation in this new event. As in, an entirely new vanity slot for characters that doesn’t even exist yet, outside of the usual clothing items/weapon skins/backpack skin list that currently exists in the game.

this "new cosmetic" is a patch on your jacket.
>>
>>385271850
I was referring to this bit in the article:

>“Definitely for the second pack, that’s something that we’re looking into. Light narrative content, but there will be narrative content and we’re looking into how we can expand some of the playable areas as well.”

>Gerighty says the best way to distinguish between the two content packs is that the first will be more about new ways to play existing content, along with quality of life fixes and a “calendar” of events meant to give players longer-term objectives. The second may contain more actual new content, but it sounds like it’s still being drafted.
>>
>>385270359
I honestly forgot this game existed.
>>
I stopped playing this a while ago but did they fucking do anything with the intrepid area that was clearly DLC?
>>
>>385271675
I'd take the trinity over just jack-of-all trades classes
>>
>>385270359

>Played with a bunch of my buds
>Put up with the roundabout BS
>Year Two coming up
>Hoping for some awesome PvE zones in Central Park or possibly just expanding on more parts of the city
>New story would be cool, but we just wanted more tactical shooting
>PvP only

We all dropped it days after hearing that. Sucked all the energy out of the game for us.
>>
>>385272283
Which one? The Dark Zone?
>>
>>385272328
same desu but I did try last stand in 1.6 before peacing out forever on the division. I know they are probably working on division 2 but they shouldnt have just said fuck it so shortly after release. even destiny 1 became a great game eventually because they continued putting out stuff
>>
File: f281d5d976e28c7d1508e8eb2413037b.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
f281d5d976e28c7d1508e8eb2413037b.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
Im still salty over the UI changes. I mean sure I get the graphical downgrade to appease consoles but why change the UI? It was fucking amazing.
>>
>>385272524
I assume the Ui had performance issues as well
>>
>>385272504
>division 2

Yeah that got scrapped in favor of the Avatar game and pact 1.8 (as well as the two free DLCs. Whenever they come out). Heres the article >>385271315

Though to be very honest with you Id much rather they pulled a Bungie and do a sequel where they fix everything and give the removed UI.
>>
>>385272676
you believe they are not making division 2? division despite ending up in a poor state sold insanely well. thats usually how ubisoft operates, hype up a game and support it pretty well in the first few months and then completely leave it for the next game. and bungie fixed destiny 1 as much as they could before now releasing destiny 2
>>
>>385272581
The UI should be the easiest thing to implement though right?
>>
>>385272676
I have no idea how incompetent ubisoft is if this isn't more than 50% done. When this blew up in popularity they should have held off on Farcry 9 and focused on this.
>>
>>385273052
No Im saying they WERE making the division 2 but then dropped the idea after James Cameron approached them with the Avatar game idea. At very least, I know that IF they do decide to make a sequel, Massive wont be involved. Thats why they announced 1.8 and the two free DLCs.
>>
>>385270359
Call me a newfag but what exactly failed in this game exactly?
>>
>>385272524
It was the removal of procedural destruction and the time related illumination that fucked it for me. The UI is fine desu.
>>
massive is a ubisoft studio, if ubisoft tells them to make division 2 then they are making it. they even made the snowdrop engine for division, no way they are gonna get another studio to learn a new engine to make divsion 2, that will end up like mass effect team fucking up frostbite engine
>>
>>385273282
Well, it didnt fail in sales but it didnt quite deliver in terms of many things such as:
>Story
>Enemy variety
>World events
>Raid type events
>Sprawling world

And alot of the other aspects that come with being an MMO. I wouldnt say the downgrade had much of an effect since the sales were still big.
>>
>>385273282
The game released with tons of bugs and exploits. If you grinded well enough you could have gear that you were supposed to get 2 months later like in the first week which is a big no no for a games whose endgame is mostly PVP content. Otherwise the game was just a borrowing bulletsponge game. Some of the few end game PVE content was ridiculous in the sense that you needed gear higher than its requirements just to beat it and get gear drops lower than what you had. Oh yea and end game content had a "gear score" to denote how strong you were and many times high GS did not denote the arm or being good but that didn't stop every black and spic I ever ran into that ignored that and just though "muh dik muh dick bigger number must mean we wuz stronger n sheet".
>>
>>385273341
>the removal of procedural destruction
The game still has that tho
>>
>>385273447
Well I guess Ubisoft prefferred Jim's Avatar game offer over the Division.

>>385273603
No it doesnt. When you shoot at cars they dont really get damaged. And black spots from explosions disappear in a minute.
>>
>>385273762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0X8EYUbFZM

? ? ?
>>
>>385274586
Yeah but if you went back to that place say in 15 mins, Im sure it wouldnt be there anymore.
>>
>>385274586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NJSAvuiQ0
And to add to that everything they showed during the procedural destruction part is still in the game
>>
>>385274695
Well no shit it wouldn't still be there, we don't live in a fantasy land where that would really be feasible or even needed for that matter
>>
If they do make a sequel, I hope they dont do NYC again. Maybe DC or Philly. And maybe get rid of one big Dark Zone and have exclusion zones instead.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.