[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do japs like games that require grinding so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: tpko-cloud-of-darkness.jpg (133KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
tpko-cloud-of-darkness.jpg
133KB, 480x320px
Why do japs like games that require grinding so much?
>>
Dude holy shit I made it to level 80 and raised most of the jobs to max level and I still couldn't get past the crystal world mini bosses. I had found about a shit doodads from grinding forever and checking every secret wall I could bump into and I still couldn't do shit. Even with the Shurikens.
>>
>>385259413
So many goddamn hours... on this goddam game. I eventually gave up and sold it. Leveling took forever after 80. Sorry for posting twice.
>>
>>385257871
You serious? I beat the remake ff 3 without grinding, did you change your classes a lot or something?
>>
>>385259625
Not really. I understood the whole concept of the character needing to get used to the class for like 3 battles or something but that never gave me problems .
>>
>>385259625
If you progress through the game normally, you're somewhere around level 48 by the time you get to the final boss, which is pretty much guaranteed death. The only way to beat it is to be around level 60, which adds about 10 hours of time doing nothing but grinding.
>>
>>385259970
^^^
>>
>>385259787
That's not the problem, it's that if you change classes each one will be substantially weaker than the older one you used unless you spend the same time grinding it up. For example I beat the game with a regular monk and warrior, and the upgraded white mage and black mage. The only reason I changed the mages is because they can access higher tier magic, but the stats from the older class was way better till they reached equal job level. I learned early on that changing classes is pointless unless you stick with it, and at that point my monk and warrior were super power level
>>385259970
If you b-line through the game and never explore I would agree, but I reached the final boss around level 55 and managed to win just fine.
>>
>>385260156
>If you b-line through the game and never explore
Nope, that includes doing most of the optional areas too.
>>
>>385260396
Well I don't know what to tell you, I never stopped and grinded and I still made it to the end of the game in the mid 50s, and beat the final boss fine
>>
Japs are retarded subhumans obsessed with working, makes sense that even in vidya their want to work
>>
>>385261161
yeah right, that's pretty much mathematically impossible faggot
>>
yadda yadda life yadda yadda culture yabba dabba doo
>>
>>385259507
Saying sorry won't make up for it, newfag
I'm sick of you guys doubleposting all the time, both of your posts have been reported and your ban will be enforced in the next hour or so
>>
Is FF3 worth playing and which version is the best
>>
>>385261818
I'd say to just skip it and play 5 unless you really want to play all of the FF games or something.
>>
>>385261161
Just checked my file, I have all characters at level 55 and no job level higher than 40, and cloud of darkness wasn't much of a threat (unless you skip getting the warriors of darkness and get the unavoidable loss from that)
>>
Japs love games with massive RNG as well. I guess that gambling need is present in all Asians.
>>
>>385261818
First 3 FFs are boring and pointless. IV isn't much better.
>>
nip games retail for like 80-90 bucks
better pad it out for more "game play" if you are spending that much on vidya
>>
File: kramix.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
kramix.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>385257871
>tfw I barely beat COD with just Rydia left, with a hit from her rod dealing ~85 damage
>>
>>385263229
*Refia, Rydia is IV
>>
>>385262602
If you hate RNG don't play RPG's.
>>
>>385261540
Stop using a guide.

The games are balanced in a way that they expect you to have to exlpore.
>>
>>385261818
Out of the original 6 games, 3 is in the top half behind 5 and 6. The job system makes it better than 4.

Play the psp version if possible.
>>
>>385265341
The job system is trash and is only designed to add more pointless grinding to the game.
>>
>>385267448
Maybe if youre going for 100% complete and want all the job cards.

Other than that, jobs are fun to play around with
>>
I didn't want to grind, so I just used savestates to beat the final boss.
>>
>>385268378
Fucking pleb.

Actually I used save states too.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.