[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he make the right decision?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 35

File: Notch.jpg (66KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Notch.jpg
66KB, 658x370px
Did he make the right decision?
>>
>>385257719
Yes, I'm glad his bigoted ass doesn't own Minecraft anymore
>>
>>385257719
He's a fucking billionaire, I'd say so.
>>
>>385257719
Yeah
>>
>>385257846
>>385257906
>>385257917
But was it worth selling his soul in the process?

Is money really all there is in this life?
>>
>>385257959
>his soul

Mate he made a digital lego game that became extremely popular and sold it he didn't sell his soul.
>>
>>385257959
You can literally do anything you want in life with a billion. If he ain't happy that's his own fault
>>
He didn't make the wrong decision

>>385257959
>sold his soul
>cash out
pick one
>>
>>385257959
Considering the cancer that is minecraft and its "community", yes.

That's like if I develop one of the best FPSs ever. I put my heart and soul into the project. Then I grab some other people. I put THEIR hearts and souls into it, because it's our fucking passion.

And then some bigass corporation like EA or Activision gets a hold of it and releases a shitty spinoff every single year. Would I sell the license despite it being the summation of my hopes and dreams? Yes. Because it's already fucking dead to begin with
>>
>>385257719
Of course. If you ever get the chance to cash out big you fucking take it.
>>
>>385257719
Fuck yes

>>385257846
LUL
>>
>>385257719
It doesn't matter, money can't fill the empty feeling in his soul.
>>
>>385257959
maincraft is ain't their soul
>>
>>385258230
If you can't be happy with a billion dollars then you're just shitty at living honestly barring any horrible illnesses.
>>
>become a billionaire
>spend his time shitposting on twitter
>still no friends
>still no gf
>>
>>385257719
Getting rid of Minecraft for a billion dollars is a win-win
>>
>>385258457
sounds good to me
>>
>>385258587
careful with that edge
>>
>>385258072
>>385258149
>>385258310
Dudes he spent years of hard work in building that game and building the community around it and don't tell me he wasn't emotionally invested in it.

If I build a house through the sweat of my brow and see my children grow up with it I ain't selling it to some greedy corporation.
>>
>>385258702
Really? I'd sell it and buy my kids a better house or build a better one.
>>
>>385258360
Look at his twitter, he tries to do the whole "i dont care what you think" angle, but it's pretty obvious he is isn't happy. He had issues before he was rich amd now that he is rich ita worse cause he doesn't know who his real friends are. He wants to be happy but even the money is not giving him that.
>>
>>385258702
It was painfully obvious he didn't give a flying fuck about minecraft for at least 2 years before he sold it

why the fuck did you think he sold it in the first place when it had already made enough money for a lifetime?
>>
>>385258640
So why exactly do all of the employees hate him?
>>
>>385258640
Look at the silver lining anon, his rich depressing life might make for a really good movie one day. Maybe directed by PTA or Wes Anderson.
>>
>>385258795
Yeah I really don't feel that bad for him. More money more problems is bullshit, if you have free time and unlimited money and you can't be happy you're just kind of shitty at life. Sorry dude.
>>
>>385258939
Because they work for microsoft now?
>>
did he move out of Sweden
i hear they have stupid ridiculous taxes on the rich there
>>
>>385258702
that would be true if it was my grandma's father's house that he build it decades ago. meh to be honest i'd sell it for billion or so. I'm taking offers. even 50 millions is enough.
>>
>>385258939
Because he got the most money from selling his own IP.
>>
>>385258640
>all thay money
>but he is still empty
We passed upon the stair.....
>>
File: m1-700x466.jpg (83KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
m1-700x466.jpg
83KB, 700x466px
>>385258939
Pre-Microsoft Mojang was paradise to work at. Their office was 1920's mafia tier comfy, pay was enormous and there was literally no pressure ever.

Post-buy out, most of the workforce either got the pink slip or have been relocated to a normie working group campus.
>>
File: 1470549877666.jpg (22KB, 475x423px) Image search: [Google]
1470549877666.jpg
22KB, 475x423px
>>385258640
>I will sit around and wait for my friends with jobs and families to have time to do shit
>>
Fuck notch, I have 0 sympathy for that fat fuck. He can just move to some mediocre european country and not live in a fucking mansion and I assure you that 99% of the people would not know that he's a billionaire. All he has to do is literally just go and live a non billionaire life, maybe lose some weight beforehand so people don't recognize him, and he'll be able to find those "genuine friends" again. Markus pfierson or whatever his fucking name is isn't a household name like Elon Musk.

But he won't because he's a spoiled fat lazy unlikable piece of shit that now has an excuse for not having any "genuine friends"
>>
Yeah, the game was better off in the hands of literally anyone else, even fucking microsoft. They still squander its potential, but at least it actually updates.
>>
>literally a fedoralord
JUST
>>
>>385258640
>Billionaire
>Sit around waiting for friends with jobs

If its such a big deal why not share the wealth? Obviously if they're friends at that point its not really about the money so why think it would change those people?
>>
>>385258640
he is an autis java drone programer, He can fit and run in the beach and meet people without saying he is billionaire
>>
>>385257719
>Was stressed about the scope that his little hobby project expanded to
>Sold it
>Is now a billionaire
What exactly is the argument for him making the wrong decision?
>>
>>385257719
who?
>>
>>385259698
>Hey mate come hang out with me!
>What, your job? Nah I'll pay for all your trivial shit!
I'd find it insulting to have my friend tell me he can pay for my entire life and the only catch is to be his friend
>>
>>385259818
Shitposting doesn't shitpost itself.
>>
>>385257959
>selling his soul
he was able to separate himself from the thing that has defined his life, and never has to work again. unfortunately, he is channeling his free time into edgy shitposting on social media instead of something productive, but it's his life now, he only has to do what he wants to do. that is tremendous freedom.
>>
>>385259573
This. Living a normal life but having that safety net would be fucking amazing.

I would keep my money a secret and help those who genuinely like me and are good people.

But that bastard chose the most cliche lifestyle imaginable: fucking Beverly hills. Pathetic.
>>
>>385258702
>he spent years of hard work in building that game
lol
>[he spent years of hard work building] the community
fucking lol
It's more like for the first few months of its inception he updated the game (semi) regularly, enough to get people talking good about the game. His idea of community at the time seemed to be for them to make suggestions, and he implement them. Which at the time was good don't get me wrong.He pick and chose what seemed to make the most sense to add, added it, took feedback on it, maybe tweaked it. Fast forward about half a year, at this point he's hiring employees, vacationing excessively. The last decent thing with some kind of direction added was the nether, and well before this point he stopped coming to /v/ (or at least using his trip you cheeky cunt) in favor of reddit. New features are added haphazardly without much thought into how it ties in with the rest of the game. Oh, let's not forget how great at community building he is at this point. I mean the guy only made a poll asking if people would spend a ridiculous amount of cash to go to a convention about a single game which people responded to overwhelmingly negativelu, only to end up hosting a convention asking an even more ridiculous price for a ticket. Come on man, Notch was/is as emotionally invested in Minecraft as someone who's trying to get some quick cash from a dead parent's stuff.
>>
>>385260184
Not really, I have had ALOT of money before and it just made me feel lost. Didn't have to do anything and had no goals or...anything, for 5 years I lived like that. Was my most unhappy time. Eventually locked it all up in an account I cant get to accept for absolute emergencies, forced to go find work again, imidiantly began to feel better.

It's just me, but I dont think being directionless makes many people happy
>>
>>385260030
I'd feel more like a prostitute than a friend desu
>>
>>385260475
>his only goal in life is wage slavery
Not everyone is a fucking retard, anon.
>>
Do you guys think Zachary Barth cries to sleep everyday?
>>
>>385258702
>Dudes he spent years of hard work in building that game and building the community around it
No, he didn't. Stop being a melodramatic bitch.
>>
>>385260475
I wouldn't be directionless with that sort of money though. I would go to concerts and travel and work out just generally do all the things I already do but with no concerns over money or getting up early every day.
>>
>>385260535
>you have to work in life
>your a wage slave
Christ young people are fucking lazy these days.
>>
>>385260480
If a buddy of mine was that rich and asked me to come live with him I would, I'd just get a part time job and put it all into savings then pal around with him.
>>
>>385258640
He could just get a personal trainer and get fit.
>>
>>385260581
Well friend if it makes you feel any better thats about how I lived, an it may be hard to grasp, but it does get old
>>
>>385260638
>literally never have to work again
>can't handle that because brainlet conditioned to serve as a slave for his corporate overlords
>because I don't acknowledge this, I am "lazy"
can't wait for you people to die off
>>
>>385260723

Not that anon, but did you invest in an education? Try and learn new skills and whatnot, without worrying about the financial burden?
>>
>>385260723
I don't believe that it would get old, but I doubt I'll ever have the sort of money to put that theory to the test.
>>
>>385258640
>my lifestyle
>can do anything
>chooses to eat food and whine to people on the internet
>>
I've come to realise my problems are my own, some entirely my own fault and some that I can't reconcile one way or the other. If given the choice of being miserable and in squalor or miserable and rich, I'd choose the latter because at least then day to day wouldn't be an issue and I'd either kill myself more quickly or maybe resolve things.
>>
>>385258702
>>385258072

>made
>spent years of hard work

holy shit!
its like NONE of you guys were here in 2008 when notch was ON fucking /v/, asking us for advice and shit for MC. something that he fucking STOLE from infiniminer.

he has done fucking NOTH-ING with the damn game and made out like a damn bandit.

it'd be like robbing fort knox just by walking in and just taking gold because everyone on guard was out watching fireworks, because they are pretty!
>>
>>385257719
Never has to work a day in his life ever again. He did. This is even if you forget his autismally tracked holidays which proved he was being a lazy cunt the moment the game was successful.
>>
File: 1489369781733.png (115KB, 317x332px) Image search: [Google]
1489369781733.png
115KB, 317x332px
>>385260997
>this much asshurt because he never milked tards out of their shekels
>>
>>385257846
>bigoted ass
I keep forgetting that these people still exist.
>>
>>385260860
>I dont want to have to do anything I dont want to
>w-why does anyone have to work ya know?
>maybe I should go to a Communis country..
fucking embarressing
>>
>>385260475
> Im a beta male with no agency
Look at how Elon Musk gets through life.
Forge your own path
>>
>>385257719
Cash out 3 billions while also getting the money from the 10s of millions of sales for a game that is already past its prime?

Hell yes
>>
>>385261214
sick neoliberal brainwashing there lad
>>
>this is how much money Notch's got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6BQDKiYyM
>>
>>385258640
It saddens me, guy is in the prime of his life, with more money than most people will ever have, and instead of atleast living life to the fullest, he chooses to spend his time on twitter and pc games.

But he knows it was his magnus opus, he know he will never be able to top Minecraft, so he is going through something that most of us will not understand.

Still, being close to the bottom of society, i can't help being jealous of his position in life.

Oh well, i wish him the best, he is prolly a great guy.
>>
>>385257719
Naw man. Going back for thirds on dessert was a bad call on his part. Never going to fit that plump melon into that new fedora mom bought him for his birthday at this rate.
>>
>>385258702
>don't tell me he wasn't emotionally invested in it.
except that he no longer gave a fuck. it started with a joke tweet and ended up in the actual selling of the franchise.

ended up being better for him it seems.
>>
>>385260879
Not very much. I had a few skills in a particular field, got an entry level job. Then constantly researched two things:
1. problems related to my work
2. how to manage people (people skills books, charisma, etc.) I think I've read nearly every book on the topic.
Then just worked my way up.
You dont need a CE but you do have to be smart.
>>
File: 1499395145536.jpg (9KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1499395145536.jpg
9KB, 255x247px
>>385258939
Imagine working at an indie dev studio that basically prints money, you have enough money to make any games you want forever and still become rich, but your jew asshole of a boss sells everything to Microsoft, who give him a two-billion dollar payout even though he hasn't touched the code since before v1.0, and you either get a couple hundred thousand and get hired on as a Microsoft drone, or you get a couple hundred thousand and are now unemployed.

Either way, your contribution to making the most successful computer game of all time is forgotten, and MS pockets all the cash from now on. I'd hate Notch, too.
>>
>>385261129
can't do it now
you have to get lucky as fuck with your autism sims about friends or FPS battles or whatever
>>
>>385257719
good for him.
>>
>>385261285
>neoliberal
holly shit you don't even know your political terms
>>
>>385261496
Ema Watson is somehow a movie star. Life is full of weirdness.
>>
>>385261479

Nah, I'm talking about AFTER you fell into the money. If I had the funds, I'd get a light part-time job, just to give myself a routine, but I'd invest in my hobbies. More specifically, I'd chase after an art degree, then whatever else after that. If money didn't matter, and I had a surplus income on top of that, life would be the tops, in regards to what I'm doing with it.
>>
>>385261591
Do you? Neoliberalism is over half a century old as an economic ideology and accurately describes the state that you find yourself in, where you work to make a lot money for other people and are told to be grateful for the chance to do so :^)
>>
>>385261303
he wouldn't want to TOP minecraft because he fucking stole the idea!

he couldn't make something better because he WOULD HAVE by fucking 2014 at the latest!

i mean, shit, kojima MGS had games in 1998, 2001, 2003 and 2008. he didn't rest after MGS 1 and say "yeah, thats good enough" like notch did because fucking notch knew he couldn't make anything as simple and as profitable as minecraft again.

which, again, HE FUCKING STOLE!
>>
>>385261794
Kojima didn't want to make any MGS game after MGS2 though, he was forced to by Konami.
>>
File: pepe-dies236.jpg (130KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-dies236.jpg
130KB, 800x420px
>>385261496
>you either get a couple hundred thousand and get hired on as a Microsoft drone, or you get a couple hundred thousand and are now unemployed
Not only that, after you lose everything to MS, you see your boss complain about how unhappy he is after HE CHOSE to sell everything, and you know for a fact that the only thing he does with his money is buy shit that makes him even fatter and more unhappy, and shitpost on Twitter.
>>
>>385261747
Well, if your smart, maybe you'll get to see for yourself someday, here hoping it's what your expecting.
>>
>>385257719
Regarding his deal with microsoft? hell no, stupid fat fuck chose all cash out with no rights over the franchise at all for a bait sum, he should've settled for a deal with less money and % of minecraft toy sales or the IP in general, from what i see around the game prints money and its already making its way as an "utility" product for kids and manchildren, a demographics that will always exist and replenish with each generation.
Fat fuck Notch literally did what the idiot Roy Raymond who invented the brand Victoria's Secret did, he cashed out early for 1 million $ with no desire to be involved in the brand again and pursue his other meme dreams, and guess what 8 years later Victoria's Secret was printing money like no tomorrow and was worth close to 1 billion dollars, guy got mad and heroed himself via golden gate bridge.
>>
>>385260287

This is why so many lottery winners end up bankrupt. For whatever reason if people become rich suddenly, they feel like they have to start living like a rich person.

He's got so much money he'd never be able to spend it all, however.
>>
>>385257959
>Is money really all there is in this life?
It is in his life. He's a well known billionaire which means that it's impossible to know love because all he'll ever find is gold diggers and people looking for a quick buck.

It a nice gilded cage he gets to live in and twitter is his only window outside. His life effectively has no purpose anymore.
>>
>>385261794
Aye, that's exactly what i'm saying, i wasn't talking about him being original, but you can't deny how succesful minecraft is, i'm not saying it was good, or his idea, i was talking about how succesfull it was.

And he won't be able to top that success again, especially since he can't stop playing video games and reading twitter.

But i'm also sure that he knows that minecraft was a freak accident, and that's what makes him feel shitty, and he is the one who chooses to feel that way.
>>
File: Nomoreposting.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Nomoreposting.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
>>385261758
>neoliberalism
>understanding the use of free market
>still defending that you shouldn't have to work
fucking embarressing
>>
>>385257719
>sell company
>give them a meager 1 month's pay
>why does everyone hate me??/ :((((
>>
File: 1492518458807.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492518458807.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>385261956

Strangely enough, that's the most encouraging post I've ever seen on the internet, and I doubt it was supposed to be. Whatever, guess I'll just practice up with Roy.
>>
>>385259541
honestly if I had enough cash to be set for life I wouldn't work either
>>
>>385262004
Why would he ever need more money then a billion dollars? What could he possibly accomplish that microsoft doesn't with Bill Gates' philanthropy? There isn't a very significant difference in lifestyle form people who are billionaires and people who are tens of billionaires.
>>
File: 1483854536514.jpg (54KB, 507x486px) Image search: [Google]
1483854536514.jpg
54KB, 507x486px
>>385262261
>posting reddit and memey
>>
>>385258457
>Be a poorfag
>Spend time shitposting on 4chan
>Still no friends
>Still no GF
>Can't even use money to visit therapy or get drugs
>Can't even use money to sugar daddy someone into pretending they love me
>He's still a fat fuck even with his money so it shows he's the one stopping himself from being happy since he lacks the basic fucking motivation to lose weight and practice proper hygiene, he can fucking hire a personal chef to cook healthy for him and have a personal gym for fuck's sake
>I'm 28
>He expects people to feel sorry for him
Gee, really boggles the cranium.
>>
File: 1477498012655.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477498012655.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>385262359

Ah right, I forgot that nu-v hates when people enjoy things.
>>
File: Frogpost 8.png (121KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
Frogpost 8.png
121KB, 258x245px
>>385262164

>women
>capable of love
>>
>>385262359
I wish I had a /tv/ equivalent reaction image of "I only play mature games for mature rated people like myself".
>>
>>385262229

He owes them nothing, they should be grateful they got anything at all.
>>
>>385262740
wagecuck
>>
>>385262818

Tell me about all those times communism worked.
>>
>>385258230
Yup, plus he was a one hit wonder. The other game he was working pretty bad by the looks of it.
>>
File: 1497660482107.png (26KB, 510x556px) Image search: [Google]
1497660482107.png
26KB, 510x556px
>>385262860
How has capitalism been working out for everybody except the 1%?
>>
>>385257719
better to be a poor man thanklessly toiling away in a disgusting java codebase to placate /v/'s every whim than to be a billionaire
jk yes
>>
>>385257719
Who cares? He's a fucking billionaire.
I'd nuke a city for a billion dollars.
>>
>>385262164
He should just move to Japan or some shit where no one will recognize him. Since he has fuckload of money he can relocate or keep houses in multiple countries if something bad happens.
I dunno money seems to solve everything, why not try it at least?
>>
File: 1461262274864.jpg (41KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
1461262274864.jpg
41KB, 688x456px
>>385262860
>you're a commie if you're against wage slavery
hello kike
>>
He's rich and that's what he wanted.
Now, he can either give his life purpose, or succumb into the most monotonous kind of lifestyle, ripe with depression.
>>
>>385262985
highest living standards in history tbqh
the story only takes a turn for the worse when most of the human population is replaced with mechanical slaves
>>
>>385262985
No starvation, for starters.

>>385263141
You're free to name a better system pleb.
Also communism is jewish.
>>
literally who
>>
>>385262985
>the standard of living is vastly better then most of the world even for the lower class
>fucking everyone walks around with iphones and drinking 5 dollar cups of coffee
>everyone too much free time to waste watching t.v. and playing vidya
>be pissy because you didn't provide some service that made you a multi millionaire
Millennials, you can smell them a mile away
>>
>>385260030
> not fixing your friend up with a full nepotism job in your playground company
It's like you havent thought about being rich for 50 hours
>>
>>385258962
>underage /v/ attempts philosophy
man, you're retarded
>>
>>385263190
>highest living standards in history tbqh
>the story only takes a turn for the worse when most of the human population is replaced with mechanical slaves
We only have this living standard literally because of machine slaves.
>>
>>385262985
Capitalism is flawed, but everyone that taps into its potential will find prosperity, even those who you consider "poor".
>>
>>385263272
>You're free to name a better system pleb.
kick out your free labor (illegals), fair trade, employee owned profit sharing businesses.
>>
>>385262985
>le ebin 1% meme

Why do you retards throw that 1% shit around when there is absolutely no data to cite that can prove that only 1% of the population benefits from capitalism?
>>
>>385259131
>did he move out of Sweden
He literally bought a multimillion dollar mansion in the Hollywood hills.
>>
>>385262339
spending is exponential, given his incompetence and the fact he felt the need to buy a 100 mil house which if you look it up costs close to 2 mil maintenance per year, he is done for, he is not making any more money than what he has from microsoft deal, unless he made huge investments he is practically living off his savings, 1.2 bil. or how much is left of it anyways, can be spent fast if you don't value money, look at nig maywheater.

What i don't get is this, didn't the fag cried and still whores on social media that he is surrounded only by freeloaders and gold diggers while having no friends at all? then why the hell does he keep throwing expensive parties at his house, i saw some clips of that jew h3h3 saying he was invited to one of these and people like those two Paul brothers and all sorts of liberal specimens and youtube/ hollywood freaks and degenerates are there.
Since he's a swede i guess stockholm syndrome is assigned to them genetically at birth.
>>
File: 1489615621686.jpg (48KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1489615621686.jpg
48KB, 720x540px
>>385263631
this is rp, right?
>>
>>385261496
The shitty thing is that each and everyone working there probably would have done the same thing if they were in Notch's shoes. I know I sure as hell would, you could literally do anything with that much money.
>>
>>385263713
Surprisingly, no
>>
>>385263524
> he is done for

Nigga even if he spent 5x his maintenance per year he'd have cash until he's fucking 150. you think he just sits in his castle with a scroogemcduck vault wiping his ass with money? He probably has 90% of his money in a fucking savings account. Even at 1% interest which is excruciatingly low, he'd pay for his house upkeep eight times over each year. Not to mention those "clips" you saw aren't even fucking real you autist. He doesn't do shit in that house except for shitpost. You literally don't have anything better to do then start drama because your life is boring. Go outside.
>>
>>385263631

Damn, and I went and finally forgot about that story too.
>>
What are the odds he'll fall for another succubus?
>>
>>385263449
>but everyone that taps into its potential will find prosperity, even those who you consider "poor".
That's the best case scenario, like how capitalism is supposed to use government regulation to ensure that competition drives prices down and consumer benefit up in theory - but we all know that's not how it works in practice, because lobbyism keeps the government from functioning for the good of the people.

Also, even in the best case scenario, it only works as long as people can find employment. As >>385263190 points out, once human labor is mostly unnecessary, capitalism will hit a big problem and will stop working at all.
>>
>>385263631
>not the version with the original post
>>
>>385263826
I'd have took the money and the core team, paid them all a stupid sum of money to keep them happy, and made a new studio where everybody just devs on passion projects forever. You keep your friends, keep your work, keep your purpose. Worst case scenario they take the money and go start their own studios, which is fine, too.
>>
> could make a non-casual AAAAA title and barely feel it in his wallet
> shitposts on twitter instead
Notch is indirectly responsible for your favorite genre being dead
>>
File: 5436202301_1cf89a3cae.jpg (57KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
5436202301_1cf89a3cae.jpg
57KB, 500x309px
he didn't realize at the time what selling Minecraft to Microsoft would do for him.

He sold away his purpose. The day he bought his mansion and got his money from Microsoft was the day he lost himself.

F.
>>
>>385264113
I would certainly start a game dev studio myself with that kind of money, but probably not hire that same core group, Notch already had the framework for everything set up and the idea that actually got big, no need to hire people that expanded on the framework you already created. It would be better to hire the best minds in the industry and make something great from those people instead of lego developers. He doesn't owe them a penny more than what he hired them for honestly.
>>
>>385263631
context?
>>
>>385264730
uhh iirc some rich guy brought a NEET from japan over and locked him up, and injects him with HRT hormones for the lulz
>>
>>385264656
>>385264656
>He doesn't owe them a penny more than what he hired them for honestly.
That's not the point, the point is that he saw them as friends, instead of just employees. People can be one or the other, but never both. If I really saw the people I was working with as friends, I wouldn't care if I gave them more than they deserved. If I only saw them as employees, then I wouldn't really be sad if they hated me, either, and as you said wouldn't give them a penny more.

Either Notch is lying that they were his friends, or he's just a really shitty, selfish friend.
>>
>>385263826
Except Notch doesn't do anything with it. He's EXACTLY like Edward Norton in "The Italian Job", betrayed his friends for money and had no imagination to do fuck all with it.
>>
>never has to work another day in his life
Of course he did. He stated multiple times that he didn't care about the project anymore, not selling would've been the wrong decision.
>>
>>385264817
this is disturbing, any more info to read? I can't believe 100% really weird story
>>
>>385265010
Yeah, I don't know what people expect from him.
>>
>>385265010
>not selling would've been the wrong decision
How is getting so much money it makes him unhappy and depressed the right decision?
>>
File: smug mommy.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smug mommy.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
>nephew is into Minecraft
>has a minecraft book
>it mentions Notch is working on other projects after he sold Minecraft to MS
>>
>>385259541
unironically this
>>
>>385265160
Staying at a job he didn't like wouldn't have made him unhappy? You people are delusional.
>>
>>385265160
it's far more likely he's depressed, because of genetic factors, and being insanely wealthy insulates him material burdens from his sad brain
>>
>>385264946
Fair enough, I didn't realize that, I thought he just meant his co-worker "friends" you know, those people you are really acquaintances with but call them your friends. If he really hired his friends, then that would be shitty, but then again, I think it would be shitty to hire all your friends under the condition that you're the boss and they work under you rather than some sort of partnership. Anyways, I agree with you that it must be one of those two.
>>
>>385265240
>Staying at a job he didn't like wouldn't have made him unhappy
Like everybody else on the planet? At least being unhappy because of work is relateable, and you can vent to your friends at the bar on Friday or whatever. Who the fuck gives a shit about your problems when you're worth 2 billion? Nobody, that's who.
>>
>>385265381
Are you implying that you wouldn't jump at the chance to quit your job for 2 billion? Yeah, you really are delusional. Anyone in his position would have taken the money.
>>
>>385264949
True, I never understand why people who are filthy rich don't just put their money into doing whatever they love doing or whatever they dreamed of becoming before they had money. I know I would drop the money into putting a full sized observatory in my backyard and spend the days running a video game company and the nights doing astronomy.
>>
>>385263083
Thats retarded. He's western, he won't enjoy living in an eastern country unless he grew up as a total weeb or something. As far as I know he doesn't even speak Japanese and the Japanese are well known for being xenophobic. Furthermore, the farther he moves away from the west the more likely he'll get kidnapped and ransomed. He'll need to start hiring armed guard escorts to go anywhere because people will hunt him if they think they can get away with it.

He should just buy an island somewhere and adopt orphans or some shit.
>>
>>385265498
>Are you implying that you wouldn't jump at the chance to quit your job for 2 billion
If it were some shitty office job, sure, but if it were the business I built with my bare hands, where I worked at with my friends, and I was already worth a hundred million like Notch was? Fuck no.
>>
>>385265498
Probably not. I'd be scared of having that much money without knowing first if I could use it wisely and responsibly.

Look at Notch, he has all that but doesn't know what to do with it. Guy has no imagination. Money is best put into the hands of people with dreams.
>>
>>385263843
you could've warned me in advance dawg, i could've gone and buy some food to use with all that salt.
>>
>>385265498
Notch quit his job to run Mojang and build Minecraft. He quit Mojang and Minecraft to be a full-time shitposter on Twitter. One of those is clearly different than the other.
>>
>>385265803
Did you miss the part where he didn't care about Minecraft anymore?
>>
>>385265803
before that he wasted time working on shit games and funding a card game
what more do you want from him
>>
>>385262164
>well known
lol no
>>
>>385257959
his soul? The nigga is more free than ever.
>>
>>385258702
>making money is bad

are your parents feminist or something?
>>
>>385265558
I think for some people, like Edward Norton's character (again) in the Italian Job (you guys should really watch it), they know they didn't really earn or deserve it and they know if they spent it all, they'd never be able to get or even earn that kind of money ever again, which makes them afraid to spend it.

It's also like a "having your cake and eating it" syndrome. You want to keep your money but at the same time want to enjoy, but know you can't have it both ways, so guess what happens? They just end up keeping it.

If you want, you could also look into the parable in the Bible about 2 servants that were each given money by their lord; one servant invested it wisely and grew it, while all the other servant did was bury it in the ground and kept it the same. (it's a short story, won't kill you to read it)
>>
>>385265904
Notch doesn't care about anything anymore. At least at Mojang he was still doing stuff, even if it wasn't much.
>>
>>385264949
>betrayed his friends for money

Did he robbed them?
>>
>>385265904
He could have made any other game at Mojang with the money they were raking in with Minecraft and Minecraft Con. Face it, the dude had little to no imagination from the start.
>>
>>385266405
He tried making a crad game and the flood of autists started crying because it would take resources away from Minecraft.
>>
>>385266484
Really? That's your argument? That?
>>
>>385266484
pretty sure crying on social media about a business owner selling his business took care of the dignity part
>>
>>385266508
He should have told them to go shut their mongoloid faces. Nobody would've cared about Minecraft after that, and he would've been happy.
>>
>>385264817
I need more info.
>>
>>385266382
Who are you referring to? Notch robbed them of their trust and dignity., and possibly hopes, dreams, and future.
>>
>>385266642
>>385266545

Are you... a cuck?
>>
>>385266586
All i see here is you jumping through hoops to shit on someone for leaving a job he wasn't enjoying, whether he's still unhappy is irrelevant.
>>
>>385266545
>>385266571
Whoops sorry, for deleting. I had something more to add

>>385266545
Argument for what? The guy still hasn't answered me on who he's referring to.

>>385266571
You're implying every single guy working at Mojang at the time, cried on social media. Come off it, you asswipe.
>>
>>385266721
>jumping through hoops to shit on someone for leaving a job he wasn't enjoying
That's not what he did. He sold the company to Microsoft and told his friends who asked him not to do that to go fuck themselves, and then complained when they hated him. If he had just left Mojang to go live in the woods we wouldn't even be talking about this.
>>
>All these wagecucks trying to convince themselves that being a billionaire is bad

COPE
>>
File: 1499470123690.jpg (49KB, 692x969px) Image search: [Google]
1499470123690.jpg
49KB, 692x969px
>>385266887
Being a billionaire must be the best thing ever, it's why everybody hates that Notch does nothing but complain about it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 196x110px
MC Is still pretty chill after spending days on end playing a survival game, really helps calm down, you just gotta ignore the Youtube shitshow
>>
Realest talk, you're a billionaire. the last thing I'd do is sit about at home. Who cares about friends and who's real or not? We're not 12 year old kids anymore, there isn't such a thing as a proper friendship once you get older.
Although, the last fact is a hard pill to swallow gets so many people hooked on drugs since there is nobody to trust
>>
>>385258702
He took an established concept and made it slightly better (with the help of others), and marketed it better. Improvements that came later were done by others working in his company. When the opportunity came to him, he sold the IP. Notch was a business man, not a game designer.
>>
>>385266925
there is any way to see that thread?
>>
>>385266881
Why would he leave to live in the woods if someone wanted to pay him 2 billion to leave?

You're really not helping your argument, 99.999999999% of people would have done the exact same thing.
>b-b-but i wouldn't have done it
Are you 100% sure about that? Are you capable of knowing what you would do in that situatuion? I don't think so, because nothing like that has ever happened to you. No, you only think you wouldn't do it, if someone offered you that much money i can guarantee you'd take it, you'd sell your fucking kid for 2 billion if you thought you could get away with it.
>>
>>385267014
You're only materially limited if you want to do large scale things. Like you couldn't afford to build a cutting edge fab, but you could run an unprofitable movie theatre for your entire natural life.
>>
>>385267238
>Notch was a business man
He was an idea guy that got suuuuper lucky. He wasn't even CEO of Mojang.
>>
>>385261496
>you have enough money to make any games you want forever
except they weren't making anything. There were 15 year old modders contributing more to Minecraft than Mojang. The other 2 projects they did dabble in (Cobalt and Scrolls) were both subpar and underpreformed, and are now rightfully dead in the water.

When I think about how Mojang staff basically got to take a paid vacation at Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory and got 100k severance pay and still felt like that wasn't a net plus in their life, it really puts a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>385257959
>Is money really all there is in this life?

Not all, but it does solve 90% of the problems you will ever encounter in your life. The remaining ones are unsolvable anyway.

Poverty has no upsides compared to wealth and many downsides. On top of that, he gave up nothing other than a ugly piece of shit garbage game he made as a joke. That's as close to free money as you can get.
>>
>>385267418
If by idea guy you mean guy who takes others' ideas and refines them for more effective marketing then sure.
>>
>>385267294
If you lurk a bit more you'll find your answer.
>>
This is why poor people stay poor. They act like noveau riche as soon as they stumble on some money, and end up alienating even their own family. That nigger mindset needs to change.
>>
>>385267362
>Why would he leave to live in the woods if someone wanted to pay him 2 billion to leave?
You're forgetting he was already worth dozens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. He wasn't some poor wageslave who got the golden ticket, he was already a rich asshole who sold the only great thing he ever created, a company and IP that were invaluable assets, to become an even richer asshole.
>>
>>385267601
I don't know where do I search
>>
>>385258360
money= happiness

I'm surprised even after the invention of the internet people still don't get it, there two unrelated topics outside of satisfying basic needs.
>>
>>385267712
If celebrities have taught us anything it's that being rich doesn't make you any less greedy.
>>
>>385267362
>Why would he leave to live in the woods if someone wanted to pay him 2 billion to leave?
Because a company that earns a lot of money is always worth more than a lump sum that is barely 400% of the company's earnings. He could have earned 2 billion just by waiting, and have both Mojang AND 2 billion+. He could have taken less money and gotten percentages from MS forever without ever having to deal with Minecraft or Mojang ever again. Taking 2 billion flat for the Minecraft IP doesn't even make sense financially.

>>385267710
>This is why poor people stay poor
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1493373154892.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493373154892.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>385258702
This is some shitty bait or you are very stupid. He only made the damn game to make money you fucking idiot. I'm sure as hell that he would rather be a rich man and sell his game then a poor man who still owns a game for 7 year olds.
>>
>>385266887
god you've samefagged hard in this thread
you not foolish anyone you lazy millenial
>>
>>385267710
Can't make stupid people smart.
If they were stupid before they had any, they'll be stupid when they get it
>>
File: 1500414847620.jpg (47KB, 513x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500414847620.jpg
47KB, 513x600px
To all retards and /r9k/ fags:
He basically got finessed super hard. He would have gotten 2 billions and more if he had just waited it out, and with his friends to boot.
This is why you're all in a rut and depressed because your life is so "boring". You're just too dumb to notice opportunities.
>>
>>385257719
>financially set for life
>got out of an increasingly autistic fanbase

I'd say he made the right decision
>>
>>385257719
I want to be his friend. We could play Minecraft together all day long

lol jk, we would play something better
>>
File: kev.png (1MB, 963x746px) Image search: [Google]
kev.png
1MB, 963x746px
>>385268023
>Taking 2 billion flat for the Minecraft IP doesn't even make sense financially.
Two billion is a hefty sum, you can easily make several fortunes worth just by investing it. The problem is, investing at that level is still time-consuming, and you have to work hard and do your research, and be prepared to lose sometimes. Notch made the wise choice of keeping his expensive relatively modest, with an upgrade in lifestyle that isn't extravagant, but very comfortable and still exciting.

Nah just kidding, the first thing Notch did with his money was buy the most expensive fucking mansion in Beverly Hills. NO income, NO other assets outside of cash, NO investments. He threw out ~5% of his money on the property and taxes alone, and lord knows selling the richest property in BH for a profit isn't going to be easy. He basically bought an 80 million dollar anchor that he won't be able to get rid of. That's 5% of his money, gone, and never to return. I wouldn't be surprised if Notch eventually just wastes all his money.
>>
>>385258939
>Pre-Microsoft Mojang
>Come in and work on whatever the fuck you want because your game literally prints money
>Basically set for life with no stress at the comfort of your home in Sweden

>Post-Microsoft Mojang
>Jew boss sells you out because he wants a big house in Hollywood
>Cries because you don't have time to spend with him anymore as your slaving away to meet quotas
>Probably only got a years worth of pay and forced to relocate while your boss shitposts on twitter with all his money
>>
>>385269113
>keeping his expenses relatively modest
Is what I meant to type.
>>
>>385269113
I don't think he's sniffing up lines of cocaine off a hookers ass so his money will go a decent way. I certainly wouldn't have went and bought that property though.
>>
>>385269113
yes notch keeps all of his wealth in money inside of his house
better to create several new minecraft teams and to start bribing governments to adopt it as an educational tool like microsoft, to expand your revenue
>>
>>385269389
>yes notch keeps all of his wealth in money inside of his house
Cash as in, not tied up in investments, not sitting under the mattress.
>>
>>385269113
How the fuck do you even blow 2 billion if you live alone and have no friends?
>>
>>385257959
He got the best of money when MC was popular and sold it to MS once it began to die out
>>
>>385269541
you make really dumb investments and get so over-leveraged in the process that your only out is running for the president
>>
>>385269541
Buy expensive shit that doesn't retain value or that you can't liquidate without losing a shitload of money. You'd be surprised how fast it can go.
>>
File: 1457506256410.png (149KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
1457506256410.png
149KB, 330x357px
>>385261151
Hopefully not for long
>>
File: dfgdasfdgsgs.jpg (10KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdasfdgsgs.jpg
10KB, 216x234px
>>385269541
People like Notch see other people with similarly big piles of money buy fancy shit, so they think they can, too. Difference is, those other people keep replenishing their pile every year and making it grow, so their expensive purchases don't weigh them down. For people like Notch, every expensive purchase whittles the pile down, permanently, until there's nothing left.
>>
>>385270000
Every social interaction whittles the pile of my faith in humanity down, permanently until there is nothing left of me.
>>
File: elohel.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
elohel.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>385270000
>quads
>shitting on Notch
>sexy Midna
>>
Do you think Notch ever plays Minecraft? Logs in, plays a bit. What does he think about when he plays?
>>
File: 1491969096765.gif (118KB, 510x419px) Image search: [Google]
1491969096765.gif
118KB, 510x419px
>>385257719
Not buying 4chan? Yes. That was a good decision.

(Does anyone remember that?)
>>
>>385270985
want too buy message board full of mental defectives that companies will only advertise on anonymously
>>
>>385270985
Thank God he didn't buy 4chan, we'd be suffering with complaining daily about how unhappy he is. Fuck that guy. Can you imagine him posting on /a/?
>>
>>385261758
i thought neoliberals where liberal neonazis
>>
>>385270985
that'd be cool
Why didn't he?
>>
>>385258960
>thinking PTA or Wes Anderson would direct a film about a fedora wearing edge lord faggot with emotional issues and too much money "problems"
A Hollywood film about this faggot will probably never exist. The best you'll see is amateur documentaries via Noclip
>>
>>385270000
THIS IS WHY POOR PEOPLE STAY FUCKING POOR
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
>>385270985
I would buy 4chan just to turn it off for a 2 weeks to see if anybody killed themselves. Then I would restore it and keep it running for a year, then do the same thing.
>>
>>385257719
>Became rich as fuck and can say whatever he wants with no repercussions because he doesn't have a company image to protect
Yes, he obviously made the right choice.
>>
>>385272579

we'd all be grateful if you killed it
>>
File: zsuXtTe.jpg (42KB, 507x313px) Image search: [Google]
zsuXtTe.jpg
42KB, 507x313px
>>385257719
>so much money that he can't trust anybody anymore
>trying to find a real love is near impossible because of his cash
I'd say I envy him, but, hey, that'd be a lie.
I don't understand the need to flaunt one's wealth. If I ever won the lotto, i'd probably settle with a nice cozy apartment over near the beach and call it a day.
>>
File: makes you think.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
makes you think.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
>>385257959
If you aren't working for money, what are you working for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyN5tNYhfSg
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>385272967
No. Know pain. Even then, my pain would still be greater than yours.
>>
>>385258360
>>385258795
Since being rich has obviously made him miserable, then he should take a look at that and figure out what made him "work" in the first place. Maybe create a new studio and a new game, maybe donate all that dosh to charity or maybe get his name on a civic building, maybe do something to make others' lives better.

Ah, who am I kidding? Maybe I just laugh at the fact that he sold his soul to get rich and is suffering the consequences
>>
File: 1499099301397.png (137KB, 271x345px) Image search: [Google]
1499099301397.png
137KB, 271x345px
>>385262516
No, i'm still fucking angry over Adult Swim's """"joke""""
>>
>>385262004
Actually the guy cashed out for more money (between 10-25 million) ... Also Notch got over a billion dollars. You literally do not ever need more than that. You can buy everything you want for many lifetimes with that.
>>
File: notch.jpg (54KB, 600x672px) Image search: [Google]
notch.jpg
54KB, 600x672px
>>385257719

Sure.
>>
File: notch2.png (245KB, 626x951px) Image search: [Google]
notch2.png
245KB, 626x951px
>>385257719
>>385273609
>>
>>385263074
I'd nuke a continent
>>
>>385257719
Hi Notch
>>
>>385257719
hell yes he has a billion dollars

can he give me like, 1000 bucks please?
>>
>>385263524
>1.2 billion
>minus 100,000,000
>1.1 billion
>minus 2,000,000 in maintenance fees per year multiplied by 50
>1.0 billion
Sorry bud, but he could live in that house for multiple lifetimes and still have more than enough money to get whatever the fuck else he wanted.
>>
>>385257719
Notch is literally bad toady
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.