[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

morning breath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

This game bores the fuck out of me.

The first time I took a stab at it, I ended up finishing only the Zora Divine Beast. My trip to the Gerudo ended prematurely when, after at least an hour-long frustrating slog through the mountains, getting blocked out of the areas I wanted to explore because it was too cold even for the warm doublet and heat potion, and trudging through it all because I hoped something exciting would be at the end, I found out about the tedious disguise requirement. Oh, and everywhere else I tried exploring in that area was too hot.

So, I took a break for a few months since after several 2- or 3-hour sessions over a week or so in that first playthrough, I hadn't found a single quality about the game to make me want to keep on. I tried another run; this time, I played the game more liberally, tried all the little things people were hyping up as the game's best qualities, like getting more creative with how I killed monsters and using more food and potions. I played, and I realized, all that I could think of was how much I would rather be playing Ocarina, Majora, or Wind Waker.

I popped the disk out and started a new file in Wind Waker. I'm near the end of the game, and it's been the most fun I've had in months.
>>
>>385251415
you seem really shitty at video games.
try not doing that
>>
>>385251415
>I am a mongoloid with shit taste
Okay? Thanks for informing us I guess.
>>
>>385251415

cont.

There's just nothing I can enjoy in BotW, the main story was nothing, combat hasn't changed for the better in any major way since Twilight Princess. Wherever there is music, it's the same fucking notes in a loop. I don't care how shiny the graphics are, after three hours of playing any game, that shit just fades into the back of my mind.

It seems that the biggest failing in this game is pacing. In games like Ocarina, WW, or Twilight Princess, the flow of the game was based on ups and downs. The basic order of things was Filler -> Fun -> Filler -> Fun. Whereas the lows got pretty bad in those games, the highs were that much stronger for it, leading to tons of exhilarating and iconic moments for the series. Breath of the Wild trades that off by removing painful filler moments, resulting in the additional removal of most of the fun moments. The whole game gave me the same vibe as playing a freemium mobile game, it's only... sort of fun. Not helping things is the lore being, in my opinion, lackluster next to the early 3D games.

I'm going to give it a while before I go back to this time. Maybe it will end up like Majora and its best qualities will shine over time. If the next game ends up being more like the early 3D entries, I'll probably soften up to botw more.
>>
>>385251997
Epic counterargument, Nintenbro
>>
What a loser
>>
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Luckily it sounds like there are other games you enjoy playing and can turn to those instead.

You do you OP
>>
>>385253497
You can't argue subjective opinions over games. It's personal preference. Arguing that is just as dumb as posting on this board.
>>
>>385251415
G i t
u
d
>>
>>385252281
no one cares
>>
File: bart_christmas.gif (937KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
bart_christmas.gif
937KB, 475x356px
>>385253840
Yeah, if you want a break from those pic related open world games you can always count on Zelda.

hm
>>
wow you must really not be very good at games
anyway
where the fuck is the spring of courage?
i can't find the last couple of memories and i really want to before i finish the game
>>
>>385251415
can you recommend me another game on PC to play instead? something newish?
>>
>>385254701
All the springs are on the East side of the map. Just talk to the old painter at the stables if you want to find memories.
>>
>>385255065
MGSV
>>
seems like you suck at games, do some bad decisions, and also let yourself be dragged by a leash.

Three hours? Jesus fuck, I'm already clocking 210 hours, beaten the last boss TWICE now, and I'm still finding brand new things this very day! The fact that you're even trying to make the "there's no music" ""argument"" either makes you a generic b8, or an ignorant moron
>>
>>385255342
I didn't say three hours, I said many 2 or 3 hour sessions over a week or so. Nor did I say there was no music, so please read the argument next time instead of cherrypicking words that trigger you.
>>
>>385256092
considering I went and finished my very first story-related mission queue at around 50-60 hours into the game, that's still fucking nothing.

and you practically did say just that. There's tons of great music in the game, but a lot of it is also ambiance style. And a great game composer knows how to use silence effectively, something which BotW does damn well. It literally underlines and enhances the strength of the few true songs the game plays for you.
>>
>>385251415
cool blog but it sounds like you're just kind of dumb
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.