[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, did the remake(s) do anything right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

So now that the dust has settled, did the remake(s) do anything right?
>>
File: Nitro Nightmare.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nitro Nightmare.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>385245872
no hard mode
>>
>>385245872
They're too easy desu
I'm not even joking
I literally don't understand how anyone can have trouble. Did years of nothing but TLOU and Uncharted trash just weenify playstation owners?
>>
File: D4wh0QL.png (249KB, 380x446px) Image search: [Google]
D4wh0QL.png
249KB, 380x446px
>>385245872
Dark Souls of platformers.
>>
>>385247129
You're not fooling anyone faggot.
>>
>>385247323
I'm completely serious.
How bad do you have to be at games do find these games hard?
>>
>>385246873
Okay, I'm stumped. How do you get that question block in the air?
>>
>>385247406
Modded game.
>>385247379
I share your opinion and I'm confused, Crash was never hard.
>>
>>385245872
They sold by trucks
>>
File: difficult backtrack.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
difficult backtrack.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>385247406
You activate a exclamation crate, back track to the beginning (there's more boxes in the air) dodge the nitros and invisible crates will appear in a pattern here's a demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxniFJzBD0Q
>>
>>385245872
Yes. It outed the casual redditors that have infested this board.
>>
I played (emulated) the original Crash just a couple days ago and had very little trouble. There were a couple tougher points but I had enough lives to basically power through everything. The game is VERY generous with lives. Generally jumping was very simple to pull off and the platforms were spaced so precision was very rarely an issue. I'm not trying to brag or anything, I'm shit at platformers, I'm saying that the game itself is pretty easy.
>>
>>385247968
The game is very easy, apart from NST's kinda screwed hitboxes, its difficulty is just a meme.
>>
>>385247379

I'm shocked myself. I loved crash 1 and 2 back when I was a kid but they're not fucking hard compared to a lot of retro shit. I was also shocked by the sudden hype for the remakes. These games were rarely mentioned until very recently. I'd love to see top game lists before 2015 with crash games listed.
>>
>>385248112
I think the fact that we get all this "omg is this dark souls?" shit really proves just how pussified "gamers" nowadays are. They're only used to playing shit like TLOU and other cinematic experiences do the moment any real game comes along they are blown away by any bit of challenge
>>
Fixed Crash 1's retarded gem/save systems.

>>385247129

i wouldn't say they're TOO easy. Maybe too generous with lives (or at least too easy to cheese its life system) but 1 and 2 are moderately challenging platformers in the right way, that is to say they offer enough resistance to not be a bore. You'll make mistakes and lose plenty of lives, just not as many as the game gives you. 3's pretty cheesable with its power-ups, though. Having said all that, the remakes fucking up the platform hitboxes doesn't really help matters so stuff like 1's bridge stages are hard but it's because the devs fucked them up, not because of the level design which is still fair.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.