[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid: Samus Returns and continuity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 24

File: 0.gif (23KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
23KB, 512x446px
Question, /v/, lets say that somehow Sakamoto decide that near the end, Samus get a concution, her the fight against the Metroid Queen affect her memory, which make her forget that she can actually walljump and Shinespark, thus making the Etecoons and Dachoras teaching you those ability making sense again in the continuity, as you could already do those moves in Zero Mission (though Zero Mission never actually tell you this). Would you find that super cringy and another Sakamoto fuck-up that he should stop doing and ruining the series, or would you be "oh cool it make sense, now"?

One could consider that her left arm got daamaged in the fight agains the Metroid Queen, thus losing her powergrip for Super (as Samus Returns feature powergrip, after all), explaining why she cant use it in Super. But Shinespark and Walljump are a different matter (you can actually do it in super before meeting the animals, but they teach the player how to do it).

Maybe it's simpler to consider that the "canon run" of games prir to Zero Mission don't include wallpjumping and shinespark. (in Prime 2 and 3, you can technically wall jump, but only on certain specific surfaces and it also requires to have the Screw attack, so one might consider that this explanation still work, even taking into account the prime series). Thoughts?
>>
Anyone has a good resolution of the Samus Returns poster?
>>
>>385244204
Interesting idea, I never really thought about it before, but that is a minor plothole, isn't it? In Fusion, Samus says about the animals, "In the past, they've helped me unleash abilities I didn't know I had," meaning that it doesn't really make sense for her to know how to do walljumps and shinesparks in ZM and before she meets them in Super. I'm not sure how it'd be best to explain that, or if it'll ever even be brought up because it's a pretty small thing to worry about.

I always just figured that Samus knew how to do those things all along, and the animals were just there to teach the player specifically, by doing their thing in their natural habitat. If the player knew how to walljump and shinespark, Samus could do those things without having ever met the animals in Super. But now that you mention it, it doesn't make much sense to think of it like that, I guess.
>>
Just wait for the inevitable Super Metroid remake to straighten out the continuity.
>>
>>385246812
>Just wait for the inevitable Super Metroid remake
There will never be a super Metroid remake.

Even Sakamoto consider Super to be the finalised form.

It will simply be available on the virtual console of each new coming nintendo console.
>>
>>385244204
>concution
what
>>
File: Concussion[1].png (281KB, 540x460px) Image search: [Google]
Concussion[1].png
281KB, 540x460px
Concussion, my bad.
>>
How did Samus lose all her shit at the start of Metroid 2 and Super? They should explain that too.
>>
>>385248032
>How did Samus lose all her shit at the start of Metroid 2
something something Prime game never ending game tobe inseted in it something imagine the mast prime game ever it will be told there, but that game will not exist because an other Prime game always come after
>and Super?
I's day her fight against the Metroid Queenwas damaging enough.

More generally, though, I tend to consider the Power Suit as a muscle that lose power if you don't exercise it. After a while it reverts back.
>>
>>385248032
My headcanon is that she donated her shit to Ceres, who sent the data they had to the Feds, which also explains how the fuck they had data to restore suit functionality in Fusion.
>>
>>385246276
i remember an hold thread on the Metroid Database forum where someone couldn't get over it and that it ruined Zero Mission because it was impossible to 100% it without Shinesparking, thus ruining the continuity.

aNd he insisted that it ruined the metroid series.
>>
>>385249313
>which also explains how the fuck they had data to restore suit functionality in Fusion.
I thought it was because they had dessicated the armor, thus learning how it worked.
>>
>>385249580
I thought that at first, but then I realized there was no opportunity for them to get said data. She was taken onto the BSL ship, at which point they tried to fix her, eventually removing the pieces of the suit, which were then immediately sent to BSL for research. BSL instead got an SA-X, which fucked everything up.
>>
>>385249905
Sa-X only "hatched" after the X took over the station, though.
>>
>>385250934
Not true. It was specifically stated that the X were able to take over the station because the SA-X breached the Quarantine Bay.
>>
>>385244204
I know it's stupid and annoys me to no end like the Screw Attack color being the same color it was in Fusion instead of Super and the location of Brinstar being beside Tourian instead of under it like was in the original but you also need to remember that Metroid Zero Mission and Samus Returns are not retcons, they're retellings, this means you can either accept them as canon or ignore them. I use Metroid and Metroid II as the canon story.
>>
>>385249313
>she donated her shit to Ceres
Who?
>>
>>385251450
Ceres Research Station. Where she dropped off the Metroid hatchling in Super's intro.
>>
>>385251357
>like the Screw Attack color being the same color it was in Fusion instead of Super
I think it's fait to say that the abilities slightly alter as she re-acquire them. it's not always a perfect copy.
>>
File: Samus and babby metroid.jpg (442KB, 1100x724px) Image search: [Google]
Samus and babby metroid.jpg
442KB, 1100x724px
>>385250934
Wrong. The SA-X was the reason the X were able to escape in the first place.
>"It must have used a power bomb to escape"
But I will concede that it is also stated that all of the specimens brought back were infected by the X parasites. The thing is, these were all being held in the Quarintine Bay, where the infected Power Suit was also stored.
>>
>>385251554
they ded
>>
>>385251838
Yes, they ded, but enough time went by for them to have scanned and sent off the data on her shit, considering they had enough time to do the same with the hatchling.
>>
File: 0.gif (63KB, 1192x1487px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
63KB, 1192x1487px
>>385251357
>and the location of Brinstar being beside Tourian instead of under it like was in the original
Brinstar and Tourian are side by side in the orignal as well as in Zero mission.

In super Vrinstar is below Tourian, but I consider the consecutive explosion of the mother brain and the mother ship in zero caused some considered cave-in that resulted in the displacement of Brinstar.
>>
>>385251357
>I use Metroid and Metroid II as the canon story.
Metroid Zero mission make the connection with Prime though and explain why she is wearing the spherical pauldron armor at the start of it. It also tell the origin of the wrecked ship.

Screw attack is obtained through different items from games to game, so it might explain the color change, as for the area being in different place, well, there were big explosion and Space Prirates had to rebuild it.
>>
>>385252249
It's because the Tourian/Brinstar area became part of Crateria. You literally go through a portion of old Tourian, and old Brinstar while there after all.
>>
>>385252547
>It also tell the origin of the wrecked ship.
No it does not. You can just visit parts of the wrecked ship in Chozodia. The pirate mother ship is not the wrecked ship.
>>
>>385244204
Wall jumping and shinesparking were not required to beat Super, and probably not even needed to beat Samus Returns.

Super Metroid shows Samus handing the baby over in the Power Suit, despite the fact that Samus Returns requires the Varia Suit due to heated sections being added in, and probably even Gravity at some point (which I swear to Iwata, if its just a purple outline again, I'll probably be done with Sakamoto Metroids that release after this point)

The truth of it all is that we're along for Sakamoto's Remade Metroid Universe, where he had full control over Metroid 1, now Metroid 2, eventually Super, as well as Other M & Fusion. The original series stands on its own, since we're not even dealing with the same Samus these days, as even ZM Samus had PTSD in the tie-in manga against Ridley and had Adam die above Zebes in a conflict against the pirates. Also, if you read what I just wrote and consider how many contradictions Sakamoto himself made to the series as time went on, you'll know how useless it is to consider lore connections unless the series makes it obvious. Like I doubt we'll have Samus Returns open with "Remember that time I became a giant and kept smacking into walls in morph ball mode? What a wacky adventure!"
>>
>>385252249
I guess I was looking at the wrong way (fucking map fan makers) like you said Tourian is beside Brinstar and I see in both Metroid and Zero Mission the entrance to Brinstar where you start both games is above Tourian and to the far left is an elevator to Criteria. So I guess the only two things that annoyed me in Zero Mission besides the things the OP mentioned are Chozodia which wasn't in Super Metroid, Mother Brain's layer (the one showed in Super's prologue resembled the one from the original game), and Mother Brain having an eye beam.
>>
>>385252850
This
>>
File: 0.gif (500KB, 1800x1719px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
500KB, 1800x1719px
>>385252249
>>
>>385252931
>So I guess the only two things that annoyed me in Zero Mission besides the things the OP mentioned are Chozodia which wasn't in Super Metroid
You can explore a small portion of the Wrecked Ship in Chozodia in Zero Mission. Given that the pirate mother ship was also there, and then blew the fuck up, it can be surmised that the explosion took out Chozodia and freed up the Wrecked Ship for exploration, which you then can do in Super.

Does that help?
>>
File: 0.gif (132KB, 1097x1120px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
132KB, 1097x1120px
>>385253241
>>
>>385244204
>making the Etecoons and Dachoras teaching you those ability making sense
Not an issue, because I figured that shit out without them.
>>
>>385252931
>and Mother Brain having an eye beam
I don't see how that's an issue. Nothing in the Super Metroid flashback contradict that.

I won't deny the room is different, though, but you could also consider Samus's memory (the black and white scene are flashback, after all) are a recollection and isn't a 100% accurate, so you could nail that on a slightlyunreliable narator.

As for Chozodia, not being there, what he said there >>385253328
Explosion took out Chozodia, or at least the access to it.
But
>You can explore a small portion of the Wrecked Ship in Chozodia in Zero Mission
Really? Where?
except for
>>
>>385252862
>Wall jumping and shinesparking were not required to beat Super
Nor i it to beat Zero mission. you can finish the game without using them. But they are need to 100% Zero Mission and I think Super too.
>>
>>385252862
>Super Metroid shows Samus handing the baby over in the Power Suit, despite the fact that Samus Returns requires the Varia Suit due to heated sections being added in, and probably even Gravity at some point
The armor probably just revert back like it usually do after each metroid game.
>>
>>385252862
>Super Metroid shows Samus handing the baby over in the Power Suit, despite the fact that Samus Returns requires the Varia Suit due to heated sections being added in
You realize she could have just had the Varia Suit turned off, yeah?
She can do that, you know.

>>385254257
>Really? Where?
After you get the fully powered suit, go back and break the glass tube with a PB.

>except for
What?
>>
>>385244204
>(though Zero Mission never actually tell you this)
So there's no continuity issue at all because you dumb ESL fuck
>>
>>385254356
Yeah, that's their only real purpose in the games. I know Zero Mission had some nasty shinespark puzzles at points, and Super had one or two that were a bit tricky.

>>385254790
Yet it isn't an option at all early Super Metroid and she needs to reobtain Varia in Super for the Norfair section.
>>
>>385254807
It still means that finishing the game at 100% is non-canon.
>>
>>385255280
In "100% canon" (Christ what the shit) Samus already knows how to double jump and shinespark on her own and the animals don't matter, that's all you idiot. You can wall jump before anyone shows you in SM too.
>>
>>385255705
>In "100% canon" (Christ what the shit) Samus already knows how to double jump and shinespark on her own and the animals don't matter, that's all you idiot.
You know it's possible to collect the item that are only accessible through Shinespark AFTER having met the animals, right? So, yes, you can 100% Super while still fitting in the canon.
>>
>>385255971
Look fuck you're the one worrying about the autistic story canon of arbitrary video game upgrades spread across multiple games not me, take the explanation or go fuck yourself like you should have been doing instead of ever caring about this.
>>
>>385256430
>take the explanation
You didn't provide any, you just came to throw insult around and being rude.
>>
File: 0.jpg (134KB, 800x855px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
134KB, 800x855px
>>385254257
>I won't deny the room is different, though, but you could also consider Samus's memory (the black and white scene are flashback, after all) are a recollection and isn't a 100% accurate, so you could nail that on a slightly unreliable narrator.
Forgot pic.
>>
>>385254257
>>385257262
Here's the problem though, Super resembles Metroid NES.
>>
>>385257739
Only for the disposition of the room. Mother Brain, herself, I'd say the flashback look way closer to Mother Brain in Zero mission than in Metroid 1.

But like I said, the disparity between Zero Mission and the flashback in Super might be due to it being a recollection of the past instead of perfect reconstitution. Memory tend to simplify stuffs and you can look at the Super flashback as a simplification of how things looked in Zero mission.

Unreliable narrator and all.
>>
>>385257890
Or you can look at Zero Mission and Samus Returns as retellings instead of retcons.
>>
File: 0.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
Fool, this is how Mother Brain actually look like (her French name was Mama Cervela, btw).
>>
>>385258030
>as retellings instead of retcons.
that's exactly the same thing.
>>
File: th_RM3E01_0a374ed8_14.jpg (414KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
th_RM3E01_0a374ed8_14.jpg
414KB, 1024x616px
>>385244204
Samus never forgot how to walljump.
Samus has the ability to walljump in Super Metroid from the getgo.
The lil' tutorial is not for Samus, it's for the player.
The shinespark on the other hand is not just a skill by Samus, but a function of her suit. She is missing that function during Zero Mission.
Do we already know whether the Shinespark will be in Samus Returns? If not, there's no reason to lose it between Samus Returns and Super Metroid if she never had it in Samus Returns.
Of course she had it even earlier, in Metroid Zero Mission. But maybe she lost that ability when she was caught in that explosion on the Frigate Orpheon and the loss just wasn't displayed on her visor?
After all, the Shinespark was missing from Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3 before we even get to Metroid II or Samus Returns.

All of this is bullshit anyway. All of these phenomena come from the fact that the developers are willing to leave little plotholes in to deliver on a satisfying game experience.
>>
>>385258341
>She is missing that function during Zero Mission.
She is missing that function during the beginning of Super is what I meant to write.
>>
>>385258341
>Samus never forgot how to walljump.
>Samus has the ability to walljump in Super Metroid from the getgo.
>The lil' tutorial is not for Samus, it's for the player.
In-story, she didn't knew she had those abilities up until the animals showed them to her. It's even confirmed in Fusion.

It's meant to the player, indeed, but it also exist in-story.
>>
>>385258341
>The shinespark on the other hand is not just a skill by Samus, but a function of her suit. She is missing that function during Zero Mission.
The Speed Booster is what you're thinking of.
>>
>>385258504
So every playthrough in which a player walljumps prior to meeting the animals is not canon? The reference to the animals in Fusion could have been about the Speed Boster and Shinespark instead of the walljumping, right? I never played the english version or Fusion or even the japanese one, so I can only go by the translated version where Samus doesn't specify which abilities she's thinking about, as far as I remember.
>>385258548
Yes, I meant the Speed Boster. No Shinespark without Speed Boster though, so it still fits.
>>
>>385258745
One set of animals teaches walljump, the remaining animal teaches shinespark. She says she learned abilities from both that she didn't know she had. It's clearly talking about both walljump and shinespark.
>>
>>385258745
>So every playthrough in which a player walljumps prior to meeting the animals is not canon?
Well, yeah.
aLso non canon, I guess, the Prime 1 game played with the fusion suit and the MEtroid 1 game justin bailey playthorugh.
>The reference to the animals in Fusion could have been about the Speed Boster and Shinespark instead of the walljumping, right?
It's at the very least about that, but here is the thing, you Shinespark in Zero mission too and you can't finish the game at 100% without shinesparking (you can effectively finish it at 100% without walljumping, so there is that).
>>
>>385258950
Well, then that monologue has been retconned by Zero Mission, right?
I mean it's possible that Samus' suit lost the functionality of speed-boosting and shine-sparking, but Samus can't have forgotten she once had that, right? Especially considering that Zero Mission is narrated by her in hindsight, clearly showing that she remembers these events.
>>
>>385259085
New canon will be that they help her learn new Aeon abilities in Super Metroid III D or whatever, since now Samus Returns adds that to the mixture, just like power grip, and has to explain how it exists in future remakes and sequels
>>
>>385259085
>Well, then that monologue has been retconned by Zero Mission, right?
not exaclty, there is nothing in the game telling Samus she can use that, and it's possible to finish Zero mission without using those ability. So I guess using those ability would be a non-canon run.
>>
>>385259195
>just like power grip
Power grip being missing could be simply explained by her losing that ability.
>>
>>385259439
It was made into a big deal in ZM, now it's here by what I assume is default in Samus Returns, was default in Fusion, and I think it was just natural in Other M. The only 2D style game left will be the eventual update to Super Metroid.
>>
>>385259195
It doesn't have to explain anything, because, as I said, all these plotholes are simply ignored by developers in order to allow them to craft the gameplay they are seeking ; most likely with them hoping that their audience has the same ability to oversee these small contradictions in favor of amazing games.
>>385259350
Still doesn't explain the walljumping. Yeah a player can try not to wall-jump in Zero Mission and continue to do so in Super Metroid until they meet the animals, but if you break your canon run to test if Samus can do a walljump, you'll see that she can very much do that. And the reality of that fact doesn't vanish just because you force yourself not to use it. Samus ain't a cat in a box.
>>
>>385259682
>It was made into a big deal in ZM, now it's here by what I assume is default in Samus Returns, was default in Fusion
It's still an ability she could lost. That's the best way to explain Super. Maybe her arm get damaged in her fight against the Metroid Queen?

My take on fusion was always that now that she is lighter, with parts of her armor removed, she can grip herself to ledges without the need of the power grip.
>>
>>385258290
Not really, retellings just tell the same storylines. The only thing important in Metroid Zero Mission is that Samus was given a mission by the GF to wipe out the Metroids on Zebes and destroy the AI Mother Brain, in Metroid Samus Returns all we need to know is that Samus was sent out to SR388 wipe the Metroids from the face of the universe after the research team, search and rescuse team, and military force all went missing there. This doesn't change anything that happened in the first games and anything extra is just filler.
>>
>>385259801
>but if you break your canon run to test if Samus can do a walljump, you'll see that she can very much do that. And the reality of that fact doesn't vanish just because you force yourself not to use it. Samus ain't a cat in a box.
The point of this interaction with the animals is precisely to reveal to Samus she had in her all along, but didn't suspect to.
>>
>>385259682
Super Metroid, like Halo 3, doesn't need an update.
>>
>>385260087
False! The point is to teach players an "advanced technique" without forcing a tutorial or text box or button prompt onto the screen.
You know how at the very beginning of Metroid Prime you have to open two gates by shooting red dots? The second gate leads to a platform one step higher then the previous platform. If you do not immediately jump, the game tells you to jump by pressing B.
Is it canon that Samus didn't know she could jump until she met that edge and that only playthroughs are canon where the player doesn't randomly jump prior to that edge?
>>
File: 0.jpg (190KB, 605x521px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
190KB, 605x521px
>>385260007
>The only thing important in Metroid Zero Mission is that Samus was given a mission by the GF to wipe out the Metroids on Zebes and destroy the AI Mother Brain
That was also part of the plot in the OG metroid. you could read it in the manual and the intro of the game.
>>
>>385260330
>False! The point is to teach players an "advanced technique" without forcing a tutorial or text box or button prompt onto the screen.
I was talking about the in-story point, not the meta-point.
>>
>>385260382
No, it says right there in your image that she went to Zebeth in OG metroid.
>>
>>385259801
>>385259937

I don't think such plotholes are things being ignored, I think that we're probably going to have to treat the original games different from the remakes when canon is concerned. ZM added a ton of new elements, and Samus Returns will have an emphasis on why we're supposed to care about the baby according to interviews, and no telling what kind of crazy stuff they'll do in a Metroid 3 remake, like probably making Phantoon into a big deal due to his Other M appearance.

>>385260132

Super Metroid does need a remake by this point due to the floaty jumps and slower paced gameplay. The series has evolved into an almost arcade style acrobatics and shooting series while the older games were more focused on platforming and exploration. The changes started with Fusion, then Zero Mission, and now we have crazy stuff like the counter in Samus Returns and dodging in Other M. Samus is like a tank in Super Metroid with how momentum and physics work in it compared to the modern games, which I can see being something to cause newer generations of players to cry out as more reason to redo it.

Nintendo is going for a style of gameplay that has made it pretty clear that they want to rewrite Samus and her games with, at least in the realm of 2D. Unless they get cheeky and make Super Metroid 3D or something and let Sakamoto take another crack at a big budget title, despite the fact that Super and Zero Mission both mined Zebes for all its worth by this point in time.
>>
>>385260506
police forces are well known for their regular typos.
>>
>>385260382
That's my point, the filler in Zero Mission and Samus Returns doesn't really matter because the main story for the original games that they follow are Samus kills Metroids and Mother Brain, Samus wipes out Metroid species and finds infant Metroid, that's what's important.
>>
>>385260646
>and no telling what kind of crazy stuff they'll do in a Metroid 3 remake,
There will be no remake. Super is intended to be the definitive version.
>>
>>385260646
>Super Metroid does need a remake
No it doesn't, Sakamoto was involved with Super Metroid for the game's entire development compared to the first and second games. All Metroid games built off Super Metroid, you can't really change the game without dumbing it down and making it worse than the original. Super Metroid has aged well and doesn't need current Nintendo fucking it up, no offense.
>>
>>385260721
Its still part of the canon. And the added story in Zero mission make the connection with Prime 1.
>>
>>385260856
Is there a sauce for that? Now that we have a remake of Metroid II, the pressure will always be there for a Super Metroid remake, as well as the potential sales that could be dragged out of it with the added bonus that the original can still be milked to death with the VC.

With how many times Nintendo has redone Star Fox and Star Fox 64, I can easily see them touching up Super in some form down the road, even if its something like hand drawn sprites and HD rumble with a rookie mode and some tweaks here and there.
>>
>>385260959
Not really all it does is explains how Samus got the the bulky shoulder suit. Samus blows up the Pirate Mother Ship completely and leaves Zebes in the end. If Zero Mission was connected to Prime then why didn't it have the Grapple Beam from Prime, what happened to the Speed Booster and Gravity Suit in Prime, how did she get her ship from Zero Mission back in Prime when it was shot down and destroyed in Zero Mission. It's easier to connect the game to Samus Returns then it is to Prime.
>>
PSA: The Internet hates you and your shitty franchise and wishes you would collectively off yourselves.
>>
>>385260503
There is no in-story point. Samus didn't pay attention to the animals and executed her moves on her own. The fact that these were the exact same moves the animals wanted to teach her is merely coincidental. She didn't need teaching, which the animals couldn't have known.
>Samus mentions it in Fusion
Fusion is not canon as it was later retconned by Other M.
>>
>>385261318
Please ignore him, he's a fag that tried and failed to troll /sthg/.
>>
>>385261625
>Fusion is not canon as it was later retconned by Other M
>Fusion isn't canon but he considers the piece of shit Other M canon
Not him but kill yourself
>>
>>385244204
>These 4 friendly inhabitants of Zebes all perish at the end of the game

Wew
>>
>>385262169
Sorry to break your heart, anon, but canocity (or whatever the noun to canon is) does not relate to quality.
Sakamoto told a story via a good game. Later he told a story, which retconned his previous story, with a shit game.

Before you call me an Other M shill, I prefer Retro over Sakamoto anyway.
>>
>>385261196
>Now that we have a remake of Metroid II, the pressure will always be there for a Super Metroid remake
No more pressure really. Metroid and Metroid 2 are both considered as proto-form for the MEtroid series, with Super really being the game to kickstart it. a bit like for Zelda 1 and 2 compared to A link to the past.

Most of the 2D games on the Super Nintendo are considered finsihed and the only port some of them ever got was on hte GBA (and even then it was considered a bit of a downgrade because of lower screen resolution of the partable).

Star fox is the exception because it was 3D games on the Super and was really low grad e and thus deserved an upgrade on the N64. And so did the 3D from the N64. The definitive version of the Snes/N64 starfox is on the 3DS along with Ocarina and Majora Mask and that's it.

You will never see any 2D SNES tilte getting a remake.
>>
>>385261625
>Fusion is not canon as it was later retconned by Other M.
No it isn't. Not at all. on the cotnrary, Other M make a bridge between Fusion and Super, like it or not.
There is nothing in Other M that retcon out Fusion.
>>
>>385262385
>still accepting Other M
Kill yourself
>>
File: 200.gif (462KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
462KB, 253x200px
>>385262371
>>These 4 friendly inhabitants of Zebes all perish at the end of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdYHQFrPfyI
>>
>>385262803
If they can clone just about everything on Zebes from suit gunk in Other M, who's to say these creatures in Fusion are not just clones?
>>
>>385262521
>Samus is surprised to see the Federation cloning Metroids in a space lab which has artifical environments sculpted after SR388
>after having discovered the Federatiom cloning Metroids in a space lab which has artifical environments sculpted after SR388
Unless Samus suffers from dementia, this is a clear contradiction. Ooooor a retcon. Which means Fusion isn't canon anymore.
>>
>>385262930
>clone
there's that retarded headcanon argument again
>>
>>385263047
They've been using cloning in Metroid since the first game
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>385262960
>>
>>385244204
I think the best the series can do is separate canon from gameplay a bit more like a regular game would do. Just start every game with nothing and get it progressively because FUCK YOU gameplay with no halfassed attempt at a canon explanation for it. You could just say canonically she's always at a 100% and that's it.
>>
>>385262960
Or Other M isn't canon. Even Sakamoto says he made a mistake with that game. It also contradicts every other fucking Metroid besides 1 by saying that metroids have never been able to overcome their weakness to cold.
>>
>>385263157
>the Space Pirates having cloning tech technology too!
are you STILL going on with your headcanon?
>>
This is one of the dumbest threads on /v/ I have ever read. Where are all these underage autists coming from?
>>
>>385262960
>>Samus is surprised to see the Federation cloning Metroids in a space lab
Surprised? Nothing indicate she is surprised at all. Hell if anything, computAdam seems to imply Samus had already figured out what was going on.
http://metroid.retropixel.net/games/metroid4/transcript.php?COLLCC=1804835072&
>SC: As you can see, the Federation has been secretly working on a Metroid breeding program. For peaceful application only, of course. Please understand. But perhaps you already knew of this program's existence? Certainly, you must have had doubts when you saw Sector 1. SRX, a faithful replica of the SR388 ecosystem... Ideal for raising Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, and even Omega Metroids.
So no, nothing indicate shi was surprised. quite the opposite, even.

>Unless Samus suffers from dementia, this is a clear contradiction. Ooooor a retcon.
Third option: you have bad memory. I mean, you make the supposition that with everything going on, Samus should have figured it out and the game actually imply that she did. Yet you remember the opposite.
>>
File: 1466908795565.png (247KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1466908795565.png
247KB, 760x572px
>>385263241
>Even Sakamoto says he made a mistake with that game
>>
>>385263351
It's in the fucking manual and backstory you fucking nigger. It's obvious you don't even play Metroid by this point and you're just here to shitpost for the cheap lulz.
>>
>>385263241
Why would it not be canon? It's the newest game by Sakamoto! And old game can not retcon a newer game. This weird retconning stuff only works in one direction.

I know that Other M contradicts every Metroid game. It does that because the game as well as its writing are shit.

As I said earlier though, canocity has no relation to quality. Sakamoto could direct a dumb Samus Aran sitcom next and as long as he's accepted as the "keeper of Metroid" Bazinga Other M is canon!

I don't like it, but that's just how it is.
>>
File: file.png (135KB, 1349x140px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
135KB, 1349x140px
>>385263432
take a guess
>>
>>385263241
>Or Other M isn't canon. Even Sakamoto says he made a mistake with that game.
It still is, even if it's a shit game. And skamoto never said it wasn't canon anymore.
>. It also contradicts every other fucking Metroid besides 1 by saying that metroids have never been able to overcome their weakness to cold.
Fusion also had an Omega weak to cold, though. I think Even in MEtroid 2, cold is still their weakness, but they develop a shell to protect themselves from it.

I won't say there aren't contradictions, but far less than people complain about.
>>
>>385263551
>It's in the fucking manual and backstory you fucking nigger.
literally not. also
>reading manuals, not in-game lore or inteview
>>
>>385263432
Are you fucking kidding this is one of the most Shill metroid thread we have got in a while. nice and fun discussion about game and lores and shitposting on a rather low level.
>>385263603
Never been to reddit.
>>
>>385263463
She also forgot Nightmare apparently. And she forgot to get PTSD when she fought Ridley. Other M clearly showed that Samus had developed PTSD at that point.
>>
File: guess which shirt he's wearing.png (64KB, 180x185px) Image search: [Google]
guess which shirt he's wearing.png
64KB, 180x185px
>>3852634924
http://nintendoeverything.com/metroid-samus-returns-development-complete-sakamoto-on-the-wait-for-2d-metroid-other-m-criticism-more/

>Sakamoto: "To be honest, as far as wanting to change that depiction of Samus, I made what I wanted to make. It did give me some momentum, I guess, and the ability to look at Samus from a new viewpoint, and maybe reconsider what I wanted to show about her."

Keyword:
>Reconsider
also check out his shirt pic related. pretty nice isn't it?
>>
>>385263463
>>SC: As you can see, the Federation has been secretly working on a Metroid breeding program. For peaceful application only, of course. Please understand
>Please understand
Satoru Iwata confirmed for having his memory saved on a computer in the Nintendo headquarters.
>>
File: 1472997026087.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472997026087.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
>>385263603
>The next chapter in Samus Aran's reddit adventure
are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>385264039
>She also forgot Nightmare apparently
Nothing indicate she forgot about Nighmare
>And she forgot to get PTSD when she fought Ridley.
While the PTSD was stupid, she got over it in Other M anyway.nothing in Fusion is contradicting to that in that matter.
>>
>>385263492
see >>385264081
>>
>>385263432
/pol/, usually
>>
>>385264081
> I made what I wanted to make

He's not sorry in the slightest. This barely even counts as a passive-aggressive retcon.
>>
>>385264081
None of this indicate Other M isn't Canon.
>>
File: Sakamoto agrees Prime is canon.png (99KB, 1295x291px) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto agrees Prime is canon.png
99KB, 1295x291px
>>385264380
i'm not even the same retard you're even talking to
>>
>>385248032
She had the morph ball, morph bombs, and some missiles at the beginning of Metroid 2. Those were really the only required items in the original Metroid.

Super Metroid was pretty much a remake of Metroid, so starting her with nothing makes sense for that.
>>
>>385264371
of course he's not sorry, not only it's his job but he really gives no fucks.
but at least he admit he's willing to move from Other M's protrayal of Samus.
>>
>SC: As you can see, Nintendo has been secretly working on an amiibo breeding program. For financial gain only, of course. Please understand
>>
>>385264509
I never said Prime isn't canon either. Fuck, in many different thread, I have often stated that Sakamoto has said Prime is canon. He was even in charge of supervising the lore in all 3 Prime games.

so what's your point?
>>
>>385264661
Didn't have bombs, just Ball and 30 missiles.
>>
>>385264856
Really? It's been a few years since I've played Metroid 2. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>385264848
>I never said Prime isn't canon either.
and? i'm just posting Sakamoto stuff
>>
>>385264675
>but at least he admit he's willing to move from Other M's protrayal of Samus.
This is a load of bollocks. Every single thing that came from Metroid post-other M agreed with Sakamoto's vision. Samus being a skimpy bimbo who exists only to show off her tits and ass has been her entire character. She's never allowed to actually be a character without being some fap fuel for a neckbeard.
>>
>>385264948
I also want to believe Metroid 1 also required Ice Beam and High jump. Ice beam for Metroids, High jump to get to particular parts.
>>
>>385265181
You only need some missiles to open doors in Tourian. You don't really need the Ice Beam so long as you can avoid the Metroids. Also, you can bomb jump. Obviously the Ice Beam and High Jump Boots make things easier, but they aren't required.
>>
>>385264241
PTSD is a serious medical condition. You don't just get over it.

Let me guess, Metroid Fusion 2 will have Samus back in her classic Varia Suit. She just got over her X infection, surgeries and fusion with Metroid DNA.

How did Samus get over her PTSD in Other M? She was hunting down wounded Ridley to kill him and seek revenge for Anthony who she believed was dead ; dead due to her PTSD! But when she found Ridley, he was already dead! She never had a chance to get over her PTSD!
>>
File: good goy.jpg (104KB, 1267x709px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.jpg
104KB, 1267x709px
>>385265041
>This is a load of bollocks.
not as bollocks as Space Pirates having cloning tech outside fanbase headcanons :)
>>
>>385265034
And now Sakamoto has gotten rid of Zero Suit gameplay in Samus Returns, just hitting all the right bells and whistles. Feels good that Nintendo killed all the Zero Suit faggots in one day.
>>
>>385265034
Alright, then.
>>
>>385265359
The problem is that now every single Nintendo fan hates Samus in her power suit. They said it's "SJW shit" when she isn't showing her tits and ass. Just look at any smash brothers thread.
>>
>nintendo
>caring about continuity
>>
>>385265336
>How did Samus get over her PTSD in Other M? She was hunting down wounded Ridley to kill him and seek revenge for Anthony who she believed was dead ; dead due to her PTSD! But when she found Ridley, he was already dead! She never had a chance to get over her PTSD!
She got over it when she stopped freaking out and actually fought Ridley back.

aNd again, getting over it or not, none of that is in contradiction with Fusion.
>>
>>385265459
This is only /v/, Metroid fans for the most part like playing Samus in her suit and would like to keep it that way. Smashfags aren't Metroid fans and I'm glad Sakamoto realizes that.
>>
>>385265459
>The problem is that now every single Nintendo fan hates Samus in her power suit.
stop reading 4chan posts and stop listening to Smash retards
>>
>>385265459
>The problem is that now every single Nintendo fan hates Samus in her power suit. They said it's "SJW shit" when she isn't showing her tits and ass.
That's something I have never seen anyone been complaining about.
>>
>>385265359
>And now Sakamoto has gotten rid of Zero Suit gameplay in Samus Returns
Gotten rid of? I mean, there weren't any to get rid of in the first place.
>>
File: 0.gif (2KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
2KB, 320x288px
I hope we can have an ending close enough to this one in Samus Returns.
>>
File: file.png (130KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
130KB, 300x300px
>>385265459
>Just look at any smash brothers thread.
right, because the Smash Brother fanbase isn't cancerous infection among other Nintendo fanbases

>Sakurai: "A lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."
>>
>>385265569
It is in contradiction to Fusion, because Samus should have been in shock when she saw Ridley. But she wasn't. She clearly gas PTSD during Other M. She may have snapped out of it to fight Ridley off, but she certainly hasn't gotten over it.
>>
>>385265918
>>385265459
>Just look at any smash brothers thread.
In no Smash bros thread ever have I seen anyone complain about SJW when smasu was seen with her power Suit.

Quite on the contrary, it's usually welcomed because no one main her.
>>
>>385265328
Don't you need to kill the metroids to unlock the doors?
>>
>>385265980
>It is in contradiction to Fusion, because Samus should have been in shock when she saw Ridley.
PTSD are not systematic. and beside, she got over it in Other M anyway.
>She may have snapped out of it to fight Ridley off, but she certainly hasn't gotten over it.
who say she hasn't?
>>
File: file.png (245KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
245KB, 500x378px
>>385265918
>all those MK8DX threads about turning Mario Kart into Nintendo Kart because they wanted them to dump stupid indies and Fire Emblem: Awakening characters in the re-release game
>>
File: MB.png (2MB, 839x2363px) Image search: [Google]
MB.png
2MB, 839x2363px
>>385265980
>>385266243
Head canon, but with M.B. being familiar for the first time with emotion, she is the one who re-awakened the memories in Samus's mindat the worst possible time in the hope Ridley would kill her in that state.

So, she doesn't really suffer from PTSD.
>>
>>385265337
Beta Rays and Fake Kraid
>>
>>385266513
The problem with that theory is that Samus is automatically immune to people invading her mind. This was shown in the Prime series where Dark Samus tried to control her and make her kill everyone, partially by killing all of her friends infront of her, or making her kill them in fits of phazon-induced rage. If a planetary god-like entity with the qualities of space-cancer can't turn Samus, why can an emotionally bratty teenager do it?
>>
>>385266720
Wait, when the fuck did this happen?
>>
>>385244204
>Samus get a concution
SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB JUMP
>>
>>385266797
All throughout Prime 3. it's what the phazon corruption is about.
>>
>>385266647
>Super Metroid Comic shit and Unexplained
and he's actually called "Sclayd" in Super Metroid's game data
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.