[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best recording software other than Shadowplay? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: image-03-700x393.jpg (82KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
image-03-700x393.jpg
82KB, 700x393px
What is the best recording software other than Shadowplay? I can't get it to work no matter what because Nvidia is a piece of shit.
>>
OBS Studio
>>
i moved from amd to nvidia just for shadowplay when i upgraded. works like a dream especially the instant replay feature
>>
>>385240278
it just flat out doesn't work for me, when i click the option it says "sorry it cannot open". tried a million different methods to fix it and it still doesn't work
>>
>>385240532
>when i click the option it says "sorry it cannot open"

what?
>>
>>385241840
that's literally what it says, 'share cannot open'

and then i try to turn it on in the settings and it tells me to try restating my computer (which doesn't help, big surprise)
>>
>>385239487
Action! by Mirillis

But it's like 30$
>>
>>385242095
are your drivers up to date? I remember I ignored a driver update for a week until I realized by record hotkey wasnt working.
>>
>>385242095
can you post a screenshot? i used to have similar issues with my ancient ati gpu's and my problems would generally be solved by doing a clean install of the latest driver. that means deleting the current driver completely and installing the new driver. also try re-installing GFE with steam closed. steam used to cause issues for me when i'd install GFE because of the game scanning shit
>>
>>385239487
OBS replay feature is basically flawless
Shadowplay and Relive are absolute garbage in terms of quality of recording and resource allocation
they are really only "good" (and I'm throwing that word around really lightly) if you wanna record a moment really quickly and expect to put it into a webm cause the bitrate sucks shit anyways
>>
>>385239487
>I can't get it to work
>I
>I
>Nvidia is a piece of shit
pick one
>>
Just use OBS and turn on the replay buffer.

When something cool happens press a hotkey and it will save the last X minutes to a video.
>>
>>385243518
this is extra. shadowplay works automatically when i boot up any game and it has minimal performance impact compared to OBS which has been proven in the past to have big performance impacts.
also when i've tried using OBS in some games even if i select the "game capture" and "capture specific window/executable" it doesn't work whereas shadowplay does.
>>
>>385240532
>>385239487
>>385242095

If you are using shadowplay you want an older version as it works flawlessly, the new rebranded shadowplay called "Share" is complete and utter shit and the new Geforce Experience it comes with is equally awful.

Shadowplay itself is some fucking black magic shit that works even on toasters, as long as you get an older version you're good. I want to say it's geforce experience 2.0 or something, someone else might know the exact version number.
>>
File: Capture.png (5KB, 331x93px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 331x93px
>>385243324
yes i am on latest drivers. this is a new build. i tried uninstalling everything (using DDU) and it doesn't help. currently talking to some indian customer support and they're fucking useless too

>>385243431
it is sort of their fault that it doesn't work, and from googling i've seen a shit ton of people having the same problem
>>
>>385244656
oops meant to quote >>385243217
>>
>>385244656
Oh you're having THAT problem
Shit easy fix, gotta uninstall goyforce experience and re-install the standalone install from the website. I had the same issue when I had an SLI build.
>>
>>385244706
have you tried just simply ending the nvidia share task in task manager and trying to open it again?
>>
>>385239487
Plays.tv
>>
>>385244968
/thread
this is a "feature"

Sometimes Nvidia driver installations will either just simply disable the Nv.something something file to prevent shadowplay from being run as it could conflict with other processes you might have like newer iterations of the adobe suit or corsair link
>>
>>385245356
then why not let the user decide
>>
>>385245653
Technically speaking they do
It can basically cause driver based BSODs if another program tries to take control of hardware encoding while shadowplay is running. This is a bigger issue to Nvidia than "wtf shadowplay no opening". Much easier to just have users install the standalone geforce experience
>>
>>385239487
shadowplay really was fucking nice before they decided to ruin everything with MUH GFORCE EXPERIANSEE
>>
>>385244968
>gotta uninstall goyforce experience and re-install the standalone install
literally what

do you mean install the standalone driver? because i originally did directly download geforce experience, then downloaded the driver through geforce experience
>>
>>385245356
everytime I upgrade nvidia decides to set my settings from full rgb to partial. idk why
>>
>>385239843
does it have a shadow play "record last 5minutes" option?
>>
>>385246079
yes
>>
>>385246006
It takes control of lighting as that can cause issues with the lighting control of GPUs
can kill RAM
>>385245982
No, install the driver, and UNINSTALL geforce experience. Then go to the website and download geforce experience alone, not a driver, the program by itself. Just search "Geforce experience standalone install"
>>
>>385246163
Is there a performance impact?
>>
>>385246176
still does not work senpai
>>
>>385245000
it's not there in task manger
>>
>>385246485
depends on your PC and the games you run
>>
>>385246553
Did you restart you computer and clear the cache with DDU?
>>
>>385247007
Yup. Still does not work.
>>
>>385239487
how fucking retarded are you op?
>>
AMD ReLive isn't too bad and it comes with the drivers
>>
>>385249593
Fuck off. You'd figure their software should work out the box, not require a million hoops to jump through. I've followed the suggestions in this thread and contacted their support, and literally nothing has helped.

What do you want me to do, rewrite their software so it fucking works?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18KB, 753x141px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18KB, 753x141px
good job nvidia you software is so good!!!!
>>
>>385249883
same with GFE, but i sometimes i don't like having the software bundled with my drivers because neither GFE or relive lets you chose not to install the software with the driver, it just does it automatically.
>>
>>385250821
considering this has been out since like 2013, and relive has been out for like 4 months now and has nearly the same amount of google results impresses me. nvidia share isn't that bad it seems
>>
>>385252113
considering they just rebranded it to "share" last year, it's not that impressive
>>
>>385240532
Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), uninstall everything - install latest drivers (do not check GeForce Experience) instead go back to Nvidia site and download/install GeForce Experience app separately.
>>
>>385252481
I did exactly this earlier. Still does not work.
>>
>>385252427
can't tell if deluded or just straight up retarded. amd's best selling GPU of all time being the rx 480/580 isn't even outselling a $600 gtx 1080 and has way less users than nvidia in general yet still manages a similar amount of google results for their software not working. going by that alone nvidia share is fucking amazing.

t. 390 - gtx 1070 owner
>>
>>385252947
Stop being a retarded shill.
>>
>>385239487
works fine here

use OBS and quicksync if you can
>>
>>385253005
>facts
>own an msi r9 390 gaming 8g
>shill

cry more fanboy
>>
>>385239487
>I'm too stupid to use a simple piece of software, so the developer must be trash
>>
OBS, Dxtory
>>
>>385253636
>>385253708
go back to your designated shitting streets, I didn't realize nvidia hired indians to shill on /v/ for them
>>
>>385253708
this is why consoles exist
>>
what's a cheap microphone I can use for my still imaginary youtube chanel
>>
>>385250653
If you can't figure out how to use the easiest to use software then don't even try looking at the alternatives
>>
>>385239487
use OBS retard

it supports GPU encoding with a thousand more options and no nvidia botnet
>>
>>385253848
why are you so mad amd fanboy? your beloved company doesn't care about you.
>>
>>385254081
thanks will probably just use obs

nvidia is a piece a shit anyway
>>
>>385254039
>download software, everything is up to date
>click button to turn on software
>error message: unable to open. no reasons why, that's literally all the information provided
>talk to support (indians), none of their suggestions work
>b-but it's the customer's fault!!
nice try shill
>>
>>385253708
Well to be fair NVIDIA has fucked up shadowplay plenty of times. One update was causing massive memory leaks and instead of fixing it they made gfe force update if you tried opening it unless you blocked access from their ip in your hosts file. In recent updates they fucked up audio mixing for single channel microphones causing a really shitty buzzing sound when you record your mic which requires you to downgrade to 3.5 to avoid. Thankfully you now can access shadowplay's settings without opening GeForce.
>>
>>385254039
Can I just chime in here. This is bullshit. I've had this RX560 4GB for about a month now and the fucking ReLive software doesn't work and apparently it's because of my Logitech mouse software. Like who the fuck designed this shit. I'd have to use one or the other.

I'm thinking of selling it and getting a gtx 970 for 80$ off of my friend who owes me money. He upgraded to a newer graphics card recently. Thoughts?
>>
>>385255079
nvidia is crap, don't do it
>>
>>385255079
m8 that's a steal. you can resell that 970 for like $150 or you can keep it. it's as fast as a rx 580 when overclocked and just a bit slower than a gtx 1060 6gb
>>
>>385255203
The videos I've watched show the GTX 970 to be a good graphics card. All my friends have them and it seems fine. Why do you say that?

>>385255467
Yeah I checked eBay and it was way cheaper than what I saw on there. I've wanted a GTX 1060 but I couldn't afford it. If what you're saying is true then the GTX 970 sounds very good. I'll probably get it off him once I sell this current graphics card.
>>
>>385239487
OBS Studio.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.