[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I loved FF XV,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

BUT how Square Enix handled DLC sets a precedent for for the scammiest and dumbest shit EVER in the AAA gaming industry.

I'm not trying to be moral here, I don't really care about greedy companies, they can be greedy all they want. But cutting content FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME, with general story info AND details about the friendship of the gang (which is the core element of the game), is retarded both from a business stand point and a story cohesion stand point.

Alan Wake and Asuras Wrath had secret DLC endings but that AT LEAST makes sense from a greedy business stand point. They shamelessly bait with cliff hangers. It's greedy I don't care. In FF XV there is no incentive for gamers to buy the DLC once you complete the game because the fucking story is resolved !

Also the game is a fuckign rpg. How about some insane ultra end game new dungeon for DLC. No. Square enix managed to make something that is both useless from a gameplay stand point that people can simply watch it on youtube with no main game effect and piss off everyone because characters disappear and re appear in your MAIN fucking game with NO explanation. In a final fucking fantasy game, a series known for heavy and detailed narration.

I'm not here to bitch about the game itself, I loved it, i platinumed it, but what Square enix did is monumentally moronic. Who ever took the DLC decision should not be working in gaming.
>>
XV-KUN

I SUMMON (You)
>>
>>385239216
You aren't missing anything from Gladiolus it can be summarized with "gladiolus goes to meet girugamesh and wins".
Prompto is worth the 5 bucks for the Ara Ara Aranea undertones.
>>
>>385239216
>Also the game is a fucking rpg.
lol
>>
>>385239434
>XV-KUN
>I SUMMON (You)

Look; clothing DLC, extra boss DLC, weapon DLC, christmas tree DLC, all greedy but I don't give a fuck.

Cutting shit from the MIDDLE OF THE GAME ITSELF is objective stupid. This move cost Square fucking money in sales.
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
xv was shit btw
>>
>>385239682
>You aren't missing anything

I know, I watched it youtube. This is a serious autism trigger though. Like for real. Characters LEAVING AND RETURNING with an explanation because of future DLC is pissing me off to no end.
>>
All of you are samefags (lol.
>>
Why do people STILL post XV threads?
>>
>>385240118
TO SUMMON HIM
>>
>>385239991
>All of you are samefags (lol.

It's just me.

Here's what happened: game comes out, I play the game, I love the game, I was a little short on narration elements but who gives a fucking fuck.

Many months later I decide to check on the DLC for the game, I honestly thought IT WAS POST GAME SHIT. You know the greedy kind, baiting you with unresolved characters. But no ! What I find is that it's stories from when the characters just fucked off from the middle of the fucking game. Really ?
>>
>>385239216
>But cutting content FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME
That isn't what the DLC was at all.

Gladio was never planned to go off to fight Gilgamesh, 2 years before the game was out they literally said they had no plans and never did for Gilgamesh being in the game, they only decided to put him in as DLC towards the end of development when they decided they would do DLC, and so they just put it so the DLC take place during sections of the game but they are seperate from the main story itself since we're playing as Noctis in the game game while those DLC story things are happening with the other bros.

The way they created the DLC is all after the fact, not cut from the game.
>>
>>385240707
I think the real issue here is that you have bad tastes.
>>
This game and its retarded fanbase is a fucking toxic waste dump
>>
>>385239216
>But cutting content FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME, with general story info AND details about the friendship of the gang (which is the core element of the game), is retarded both from a business stand point and a story cohesion stand point.

Thank Microsoft for opening that Pandora's box with their first Xbox where they elbowed and nudged publishers into slicing shit out to sell as extra content.

Now there's no going back.

And it'll get worst with the FF7 remake where ONE FUCKING GAME gets sliced into multiple games with DLC.

And when people are happy and willing to pay it, you're fucked if you think you have a snowball's chance in hell of the business practice ending
>>
>>385240118
What about all the threads for Bloodborne, Zelda and Witcher? This is the same
>>
>>385241345

OP here. As I said I don't really care about greedy practices. But objectively Square fucked themselves over by taking content RIGHT from the main game to sell as DLC and amplifying that feeling a lot of people -rightfully- had that XV was short on narration.
>>
File: C1OB7t7W8AAA2CY.jpg large.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C1OB7t7W8AAA2CY.jpg large.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
>>385239216
I feel ya, OP. Ignis going blind was easily the biggest emotional moment for me in the entire game. I couldn't give a single fuck about the person who died at the same time with their absolute lack of characterization. I adored and still loved the game but the fact that we're getting the most emotional moment pushed off to DLC is mind boggling.
>>
XV was shit. This comes from a man who through the whole shit show of gameplay reveals up to release stayed positive and hoped for the best after 10 years of waiting. It's a fucked to death pile of burning shit
>>
>>385243130
>Ignis going blind was easily the biggest emotional moment for me in the entire game.

but even then, who gave a shit? compare that to other games in the series, where characters died and the effects were felt

I swear, if Square released FFVI today they'd give you no option to whether or not Cid would die or not (he miraculously lives!) and cut out of all of Shadow's story and sell it as DLC, Gogo and Umaro would be DLC characters only, and the town of Zozo would be a separate DLC adventure, at the very least
>>
>>385243130
>the biggest emotional moment for me in the entire game

it was one of the best too because at first Ignis says that it will take some time before he recovers his vision. But you know it won't come back because have already seen that flash forward scene at the beginning of the game with the gang fighting Infrit where Ignis is older and scarred.

All 3 DLC stories is a party member suffering for the king and ultimately why Noctis says they are the best acknowledging their sacrifices. And Square cut it all out. No wonder everyone accuses them for selling an unfinished game.
>>
>>385243464
That's really the saddest part of all. It was the most emotional part of the game... but in reality it wasn't all that emotional compared to so many other Final Fantasy games. Still, even that moment, arguably the biggest emotional moment of the game for characters we actually care about, is DLC.
>>
File: Ardyn-Prompto-Train-FFXV.png (593KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn-Prompto-Train-FFXV.png
593KB, 1280x720px
Here's the thing, it would have been greedy as hell but it would have made more sense for the game to actually tell you AT THAT POINT:

>if you want to find how your friend suffered for you, enter your credit card

but selling that story point months later goes to waste.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.