[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Papermario[1].jpg (115KB, 468x330px) Image search: [Google]
Papermario[1].jpg
115KB, 468x330px
>get nostalgic for old game
>get a rom for it and get it to emulate well
>start playing it again for the first time since I was a child
>it's still amazing
>>
Yup. Just replayed this again recently myself. Still one of my favorites.

I've played through it so many times though, so I've been itching to try out that new "Pro Mode" mod that recently got released. Been hearing good things about it.
>>
it's one of my top 5's
>>
My favorite thing about the Paper Mario games is that I always discover something new. A new line of dialogue, a star piece or hidden badge that always blows my mind. The replayability of these games is amazing.
>>
Thousand Year Door was one of the best games ever made
>>
>>385239171
its more balanced but some enemies are downright crazy. The anti-shyguy hits 20-24 damage in one turn and some normal mob enemies can hit for 18 damage. Shit is crazy
>>
>>385239171
>>385239696
I was thinking of trying that after I finish this playthrough. Is it actually good/fun or is it a meme difficulty where you get killed in one turn?
>>
>>385239438
As a kid I breezed through most of the areas, this time around I've been taking my time and have been finding tons of hidden star piece panels I never knew existed.
I'm almost embarrassed to admit I didn't know about the hidden star piece at the very beginning of the game until yesterday.
>>
>>385240549
I wish I could go back to this.

I'm a complete autist for this game. I've played it so many times I literally don't think I have anything left to find.
Talked to all npcs between all chapters, I know all badges/star pieces/recipes by memory, got every invisible block in the game, etc.

....I'm sad paper mario is dead now...
>>
>>385240241
Some areas/bosses are changed to be more difficult, but more in the sense of "you can't just breeze through" and actually require some planning/strategy.
Dry Dry desert, in particular.

Enemy damage, for the most part, is doubled, but so is your defense; you block for 2 damage instead of 1; the same bonus goes for Damage Dodge badges. Blocking damage is basically more rewarding than before.

also, a couple of badges got added, and some were rebalanced; the Power Plus/Defend Plus Badges cost only 4 BP instead of 6.

i've gotton all the way through Chapter 8, and while the enemies are a lot tougher with 2x damage, I brute-forced through and made it to the end (Free Heart Blocks and Watt's Mega Shock are MVP).
>>
>>385242052
Any cool extra or post game stuff added? I remember seeing new Quizmo questions
>>
>>385238937
My favourite game of all time. Crystal King best boss
>>
>>385242052
That actually sounds pretty good. Enemies are stronger but your defense capabilities are too? The only problem that I would have is that some attacks are really difficult to time the action command properly on so I'd probably get 1 shot by a hyper cleft or something.
>>
File: 200px-GeneralGuy1.jpg (10KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
200px-GeneralGuy1.jpg
10KB, 200x189px
>>385242283
That's not how you spell General Guy
>>
>>385238937
how do you fuck up a series that started up this perfectly

how

this was supposed to be the best mario series
>>
>>385242138
Yeah, there's a Boo in Toad Town who offers trials for each chapter you beat, which are just series of battles without healing in between.
In the end-game I grinded up Ultra Shrooms, Jammin' Jellies, and Repel Gels.

Yep; there're new Quizmo questions, and every time you talk to him, he asks you a bunch of questions in a row instead of one at a time.
I found some of the questions REALLY BS. You have to pay really close attention to your surroundings, and I had to retry questions quite a few times.

The Master in the Dojo also got revamped, and it took me quite a few items and a bit of luck to get the Diploma.
I don't think he's affected by the Zap Tap badge anymore, but that's where the increased defense helps (I think Sushie's Water Block also blocks 2 damage instead of 1, too)

Then there's the Chapter Boss rematches near Star Hill, where you're intended to be at max level. Most of them are quite gimmicky, but they are beatable nonetheless.
I personally got the two Power Plus badges + All or nothing badge ASAP to kill the bosses as fast as possible, though the Goomba King rematch crashes for me in the latest version.
Action commands for dodging are just as important as ever.
If you're into hard boss fights, I'd play this mod to the end.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
I suggest giving this a try. It has a few bugs and balance issues but it also just came out and the creator has been patching it a lot already.
>>
>>385243171
Fuuuuuuuuck I need to play this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.