[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Dark Souls of action games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: crash bandicoot dark souls.jpg (264KB, 1079x1807px) Image search: [Google]
crash bandicoot dark souls.jpg
264KB, 1079x1807px
What is the Dark Souls of action games?
>>
>>385237363
How hard is Dark Souls, anyway?
t. never played it
>>
>>385237523
It's actually really quite difficult your first time if you don't look up guides because there is so many mechanics to learn and it is pretty unforgiving.

After your first game or two, it gets much easier and that is why most people act like Souls games are easy when they really aren't.
>>
>>385237523
Not too hard unless you're really shit. You can summon people to help with a hard boss if you want. Most of the in between bosses can just be ran through.
>>
>>385237523
Its got a learning curve but then its not that hard
>>
It's literally only the first Crash game that's hard.
>>
>>385237701
There is no shame in requesting a quick rundown from somebody of what all the stats and upgrades do before your first playthrough, in my opinion. Things like how scaling works honestly could have been explained better by the devs.
>>
>>385237523
>R1 R1 B step forward R1 roll to the side repeat
>>
>>385237807
If you press select it explains everything on your menu perfectly.
>>
>>385237523
it's not hard at all
as soon as you find out that rolls have iframes all you have to do is time shit properly and you'll literally never get hit
>>
>>385237363
To be perfectly fair, the remake is unintentionally harder than the original because the devs fucked up the mechanics.
>>
Is the crash bandicoot remaster good?
>>
>>385237523
The combat is more about slow-paced strategy, situational awareness, and defense than it is about flashy combos and autoheals. Many people misinterpret this as incredible difficulty. It doesn't help that people don't like replaying areas if they die as a punishment, or losing all their souls if they die twice without retrieving them. Nor does it help when there are several points early on which are purposely difficult to encourage the player to find a different way to proceed.

Dark Souls is a challenging game and demands you pay attention while you play, but its difficulty tends to be severely overblown.
>>
>>385238619
>select will explain me that all the elemental infusions in DS3 are worthless
>select will explain me that if I upgrade my gear too much it will lock me out of PvP content
>select will explain me that I can't give rosario tongues if I want the cat ring and have to be careful with greyrat or lose objects for trade
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.