[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the Dpad is utter trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Prosploon.jpg (43KB, 691x500px) Image search: [Google]
Prosploon.jpg
43KB, 691x500px
So the Dpad is complete garbage on the Switch Pro controller, but I want to use it for more games.
My question is, when I take this thing apart, and turn the Dpad over, what does the bottom look like? Can I fit it with the ball bearing from a Genesis Dpad so that it physically cannot register the wrong direction? Is there anything under the Dpad, such as active PCB that would be messed up by a metal ball sitting there?

Im not near my pro controller or my tools or I would look for myself.
>>
dpad is amazing
>>
>>385232434
Have you really had that much of a problem? I played through Shovel Knight and all the DLC with the pro controller and found the d-pad to be pretty great...

Do you have sausage fingers anon?
>>
>>385232434
I've read somewhere that someone changed it wuth a WiiU pro one but dunno about the genesis.
I'll watch this thread since mine is fucked up too
>>
>>385233074
I had a lot of issues with my dpad on my Wii u pad and pro controller, both recognize right or left button presses as down or up all the time
>>
>>385233074
Its honestly one of the worst Dpads I have ever seen. I do not have sausages.
>>
>>385234248
your hands are fucking big or what? I don't have any problems at all
>>
>>385235327
the dpad misregisters for a lot of people You get phantom left and right presses when pressing up and down. It is a hardware problem
>>
>werks for me :)
>literally a hardware problem
people will say anything to defend it
>>
>>385236294
literally never happened to me and I played through shovel Knight, mighty gunvolt, blaster master, and cave story with it
>>
>>385236336
people will also say anything to spread misinfo about the switch so there's that
>>
>>385236447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM
>>
>>385236447
>works for me, clearly it's not an issue, thread locked
>>
>>385236447
>literally never happened to me
This must mean it can never happen to anyone else. My Xbox never red ringed.
>>
>>385236643
this, tbqh
>>
I recently got to try one of these out and whoever is honest-to-God defending the D-Pad on this is grade-A delusional. This shit is FAR from acceptable. Everything else about the controller feels amazing but it feels like Nintendo either gimped the D-Pad intentionally to create a misguided sense of parity with the Joycon D-buttons, or they hastily tested it with BOTW and found that the D-Pad served that game's limited use of it.

It's mind-boggling that Nintendo cannot ship a controller with even a DECENT D-Pad for their system. The fucking """preminum""" controller has a D-Pad so bad I'd honestly would settle for the D-Pad on the Gamecube controller than what we got.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.